Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

precision posted:

I don't doubt that, but might it be possible she loves Harley Quinn because it's her name and her dad raised her on comic books?

I mean, if she's happy, she's happy. It's one of the less egregious nerd names, imo, because if she wound up not liking comic books or wanting to be associated with the character she could just go by "Harley Smith" and not catch a single word of hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Parachute posted:

i don't either, but then again i named my son after a terminator character

Ginger Ventura?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Parachute posted:

"Good morning dad!"

"Good morning Cyberdyne Series T_800."

I finished watching season 4 of Agents of Shield on Netflix recently. I wish at least one character had a complete mental breakdown after the whole robot clones and Matrix Network stuff. "Is he real? Okay how about that one? Okay, but is he not real because he's a robot clone or because he's a computer program in my brain?"

The occult stuff comes out of nowhere but I guess they're trying to catch up with the cinematic universe and Doctor Strange. Also, their Ghost Rider was about ten times better than the stupid, doofy Nicolas Cage Ghost Rider.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

The only Kevin Smith movie I flat-out hate is Cop Out. Everything else he's done has ranged from Okay to goddamn I love this (This includes Clerks II, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob, Zack and Miri), I guess Smith's humor is just my kinda poo poo. Yoga Hosers was one of the just okay films and I mostly felt that the two leads were pretty good and deserved a better movie around them, could've done without the stupid Canadian accents as well.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Almost done with Ozark and I was so disappointed that Roy and Russ didn't get to open a bait shop together. That subplot went from oddly uplifting to super dark and sad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Wilhelm Scream posted:

The only Kevin Smith movie I flat-out hate is Cop Out. Everything else he's done has ranged from Okay to goddamn I love this (This includes Clerks II, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob, Zack and Miri), I guess Smith's humor is just my kinda poo poo.

I like a lot of his older stuff, well, mostly Clerks, Mallrats, and the first 30 minutes of Chasing Amy, but Zack and Miri was the most boring movie ever. I don't even remember it being not funny, just more like... really bland.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Indolent Bastard posted:

Ginger Ventura?
Sarah Connor.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
As Pink Floyd fan I was so tempted to name one of my kids Syd. I didn't, but sometimes I wished I would of.

precision posted:

I like a lot of his older stuff, well, mostly Clerks, Mallrats, and the first 30 minutes of Chasing Amy, but Zack and Miri was the most boring movie ever. I don't even remember it being not funny, just more like... really bland.

I thought Zack and Miri was ok, not awful, but Cop Out was awful.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

As Pink Floyd fan I was so tempted to name one of my kids Syd. I didn't, but sometimes I wished I would of.

It's good you didn't, the Roger Waters era is better.

Syd's a good name, though

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I know this isn't the thread for it, but god drat the new UI for Netflix with the auto-playing video and audio preview is the worst thing. It's like they took a nice service and added an element where part of it walks out of the tv and shouts in your face in an endless loop.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I am the weirdo that loves it. A short video sells me on actually watching stuff way better than a thumbnail.You should absolutely have the option to turn it off if you want to though.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The video's ok but the audio is so intrusive. I would think it was a neat feature if it could be disabled.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Actually yeah I would get rid of the audio too. it's pretty annoying. Especially since it's just lovely public domain music. If I could actually hear the dialog like in the Netflix produced stuff I'd be more ok with it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

business hammocks posted:

I know this isn't the thread for it, but god drat the new UI for Netflix with the auto-playing video and audio preview is the worst thing. It's like they took a nice service and added an element where part of it walks out of the tv and shouts in your face in an endless loop.

Yes this drives me loving bananas.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I hate anything that autoplays audio. I probably even clicked on the app so my PS4 shuts up in the first place!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Parachute posted:

"John" is not really an uncommon name.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
John and Sarah Connors' names are so unremarkable it's a plot point in the movies!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm actually thinking of what it could be now. Miles? Kyle? Reese?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hal. Gotta be Hal.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm actually thinking of what it could be now. Miles? Kyle? Reese?

It's T-1000

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
uh guys it's clearly "The Terminator."

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
This is my daughter Daneyrys and my son The Terminator.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It would actually be pretty fun to have a kid named The Terminator until he/she wasn't a baby anymore. Then once he is old enough that he'll have to interact with other kids, you could change it to a normal name like Brayndyn.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

2020's remake of The Terminator:

"Are you Brayden Connor?"
"No, I'm Braiden Connor."

"Are you Brayden Connor?
"No, I'm. Braydenn Connor."

For 90 minutes.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

veni veni veni posted:

It would actually be pretty fun to have a kid named The Terminator until he/she wasn't a baby anymore. Then once he is old enough that he'll have to interact with other kids, you could change it to a normal name like Branisys.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Welcome home, Scared Pedestrian 3, how was school

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really want to name her after my grandmother Molly, but my wife is dead set on G.I Joe: Retaliation.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

This is my wife, Cyberdyne, and our son, Your Clothes. give them to me. Now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

precision posted:

haha

Like, I really just don't get naming your kid poo poo like that though. I would never name my daughter Cat Power.

To his defense, "Harley" isn't that crazy of a name and at the time she was born Harley Quinn was pretty much relegated to B:TAS fans and comic fans. She definitely wasn't as huge as she is now.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

haha

Like, I really just don't get naming your kid poo poo like that though. I would never name my daughter Cat Power.

Kids, introduce yourself to the nice lady. This is my son Talking Heads, my daughter Oingo Boingo and our youngest, They Might Be Giants.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
Jesus can we stop the name chat and just agree to collectively refer to all children as The Offspring?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFF14JBtmu8
???

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

LogisticEarth posted:

Jesus can we stop the name chat and just agree to collectively refer to all children as The Offspring?

Yeah but if you name them all the same how are you gonna keep em separated?

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Medullah posted:

Yeah but if you name them all the same how are you gonna keep em separated?

:stoke:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Amazon is slowly becoming infested with weird Minecraft and Roblox poo poo. They need some quality control before poo poo gets out of hand.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
some good guesses but you're all wrong; it's actually miles "tails" dyson middlename lastname

(his name is Connor but I wanted to go with the kurgan or juan sanchez villalobos ramirez)

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
The new Fincher series is looking great (based on the Mindhunter book)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gZCfRD_zWE

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Detective No. 27 posted:

Amazon is slowly becoming infested with weird Minecraft and Roblox poo poo. They need some quality control before poo poo gets out of hand.

Seriously, what's with that? Does Mojang just not give the tiniest poo poo about their IP?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wish there were some kind of incognito mode so I can watch a clip of one to see what the gently caress it even is without Amazon putting it in my recently watched list and loving up my suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Seriously, what's with that? Does Mojang just not give the tiniest poo poo about their IP?

Microsoft bought them for 2bn. Gotta get that money back.