Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I'm A LiBeRaL bUt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I meant it as a metaphor, once per year you can ban someone from the premises and, no questions asked, management would have your back. Actually saying gently caress off to a customer is no where near as satisfying as it seems (I've done that too).

Disagree. I've told more than a few customers to gently caress off or some variance on the theme.
Always felt great.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

lilbeefer posted:

I'm A LiBeRaL bUt

What actually happened: transphobic rear end in a top hat saw something that said forcing a kid to live as a gender they're not (i.e. not letting a trans kid socially transition and live as their true gender) is abusive (which is true) and concocted this asinine story about the evil PC SJWs.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I gave up when I read "Trans gender counsilor or some poo poo"

It is absolute garbage

Edit: it is so clear that this is written by someone who isn't a liberal, who has not got a kid this happened to. It's literally fake news

Edit: AND THEN SHE loving THREATENED ME AND TOLD ME TO GO TO GENDER COUNCILLING

lilbeefer has a new favorite as of 14:33 on Dec 3, 2019

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I can't believe someone on 4chan would lie about their trans child!

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Len posted:

They may have in the original story. Everything posted in that site is edited to be standardized and uniform. So how much of it is the original writer and how much is the rewrite making it all stilted and bad is a mystery

What kind of person actually reads and edits all that crap?

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Paladinus posted:

I can't believe someone on 4chan would lie about their trans child!

Well yeah, check what thread you are in

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Lakers Jersey(Check the attachment)

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Ratjaculation posted:

I am a rich man

Don’t try to hide it. Show us the soles of your shoes.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

lilbeefer posted:

Edit: it is so clear that this is written by someone who isn't a liberal, who has not got a kid this happened to. It's literally fake news

“I’m a classical liberal.”

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Jurgan posted:

“I’m a classical liberal.”

Doesn't that basically mean pedophile libertarian these days?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Real story:

A customer demanded to speak to my boss because he was unhappy we turned down his insurance application. He also used very demeaning and threatening language

My boss said to me "No, I won't return his call. We aren't going to reward that sort of behaviour"

The end.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WaltherFeng posted:

Real story:

A customer demanded to speak to my boss because he was unhappy we turned down his insurance application. He also used very demeaning and threatening language

My boss said to me "No, I won't return his call. We aren't going to reward that sort of behaviour"

The end.

I do the same thing. If someone starts screaming at my staff I get on the call and tell them they have exactly one shot to calm down and be respectful, or I end the call. If they don't immediately cool their jets, I hang up the phone. I've revoked phone privileges from a few people for repeatedly harassing or disrespecting staff members and given everyone permission to immediately refuse a call from them if they try to call again.

One guy got so bad that I told him I would refund him his money and ban him from doing business if he kept his poo poo up. He had a hyperventilating, screaming, crying tantrum on the phone because he misread our website and didn't meet the requirements for a certification and we wouldn't give it to him until he did.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I hung up on a guy who wouldn't stop yelling at me a few weeks back. My boss yelled at me for being rude. But then my customer called to find out what actually happened because I'm a sweetheart and wouldn't be rude like that without being provoked.

And now that guy isn't allowed to talk to me without his customer copied in anymore because of him being a dick.

Logistics is a weird and dumb field

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

One of the best ways to engender loyalty in your staff is to be fiercely protective of them. Too many places treat the customer as god and staff as disposable, but you quickly realize that (unless you have a very small or niche business) there will always be more customers to replace the bad ones you lost. It's better to have good staff who trust you than as many customers as possible, especially as they'll gain experience and you'll end up with a very competent crew who knows you have their back.

I forgot to mention, I did throw one of our board members out of the building. He tried starting a fight with me in the lobby over a (possibly intentional) misreading of things and I opened the door and told him to leave. He was so offended that he quit the board the next day, which everyone was extremely happy with.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

chitoryu12 posted:

One of the best ways to engender loyalty in your staff is to be fiercely protective of them. Too many places treat the customer as god and staff as disposable, but you quickly realize that (unless you have a very small or niche business) there will always be more customers to replace the bad ones you lost. It's better to have good staff who trust you than as many customers as possible, especially as they'll gain experience and you'll end up with a very competent crew who knows you have their back.

I forgot to mention, I did throw one of our board members out of the building. He tried starting a fight with me in the lobby over a (possibly intentional) misreading of things and I opened the door and told him to leave. He was so offended that he quit the board the next day, which everyone was extremely happy with.

Hey do you wanna come work as a manager at one of my jobs?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Hey do you wanna come work as a manager at one of my jobs?

I am unfortunately too busy forming my own company, as the owner is a lunatic boomer who's self-sabotaging because he's finding out accreditation standards will keep him from being a dictator.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

This is really true but the service industry is almost all based on low skill/low wage/high employment, so employers can treat staff totally disposably and thus have zero incentive to retain or invest in staff, and thus no reason to treat staff well.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

chitoryu12 posted:

Alternatively

Our new site manager prefers Old Carolina to pizza but same thing

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I tell all my support folks that its not their job to get poo poo on and if they are ever on a call and their not comfortable, they can immediately end the call and Ill call the member back.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Len posted:

Alternatively

We just had a pizza party to commemorate our manager getting promoted. Over a decade of service and being basically the main reason our entire division was successful for that entire time, and what does the company give them? Some dominos (at least 2/3 of which had olives on it, rendering it to be garbage imho). It's honestly embarrassing. At least take the guy out to a fancy dinner some other time or something.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nothing says "I do not give a poo poo about you" like 3 medium dominoes pizzas for 20 people.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Replace "pizza party" with groups of staff having to take turns to provide snacks/lunch for everyone one day a week, so that management doesn't even have to pay money.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Len posted:

Alternatively

We get bagels on Fridays. :toot:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
https://twitter.com/gailgirl66/status/1205617717518188549

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Punching people unprovoked is good.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
I'd say that's the height of provocation.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

In real life, punching Nazis is always cool and good.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

WaltherFeng posted:

Punching people unprovoked is good.

Sexually harassing people is bad

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I'd love to punch nazis but permanent brain injury from head trauma and neck whipslash is not worth the brief satisfaction.

(Unprovoked was the wrong word)

WaltherFeng has a new favorite as of 17:58 on Dec 14, 2019

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
More like, "my brother assaulted a guy but looks like he's not in trouble because the guy was a criminal which therefore invalidates any crime against him"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Most people who commit assault aren't arrested.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

Most people who commit assault aren't arrested.

:raise:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

People get punched all the time without any police involvement.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Okay so then why did she know that the guy got arrested for violating parole

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Okay so then why did she know that the guy got arrested for violating parole

because it didn't happen

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

People get punched all the time without any police involvement.

Ok, fair. I guess I was thinking of the police letting someone off with a warning, but I guess they have to even be called in the first place for that to happen.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Got some piping hot Christmas STDH for you.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I quake in fear at the thought of offending a christian, which is truly the gravest crime someone can commit. Thank god this preachy white man came to tell me all religions, races, and creeds are united in their ability to say merry christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Danaru posted:

I quake in fear at the thought of offending a christian, which is truly the gravest crime someone can commit. Thank god this preachy white man came to tell me all religions, races, and creeds are united in their ability to say merry christmas

Same but unironically