Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RichBomb
Nov 16, 2004
a strange and terrible saga
I'm looking to get back into motorcycling. I have 2 and half years, 10,000 miles experience and have taken the MSF. Not sure what to do about my present bike situation.

What I have : a 1997 GS500 that needs a lot of love. The forks leak, it's been down on both sides and is just mildly beat up.

What I want: something for commuting and touring duty. I'm thinking Kawasaki Versys or Suzuki DL-650 V-Strom.

Financially speaking, it'd take at least $500 to get the GS back up to par for the cross country trip I want to take by the end of the summer. Even then I don't think it's the right bike for the job. I'm considering selling it to make the down payment on a new bike but I don't know how much I could honestly expect to get. $1,000 tops?

They Versys and V-Strom both kinda worry me though as I have a pretty short inseam and they're tall bikes. Would lowering links compromise and performance?

Edit: What would I be looking at in the used market?

RichBomb fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 13, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

My buddy found a 1983 Honda Magna VF1100 for $600. Electrics work except for rear right blinker. Runs and idles fine. Tires are good. Needs new battery and the wires get hot around the battery/rectifier behind the right side cover. It's also apparent these wires have been crimped or soldered back together.

Thoughts? My friend doesn't want to put a ton of money into a cash pit, so is this bike reliable? 36,xxx miles.

FuzzyWuzzyBear fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 14, 2009

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
I'm having a hard time deciding here :(

Currently I have a BMW F800ST.

(note the custom 20-round kickstand support from an FN FAL)

...and so far it's been a great bike. Since I bought it last September, I've put ~3700 miles on it. Lots of out-and-back day trips, and an extended 3-day thing. I can't fault the thing in any way, it's just too boring. It has plenty of power and all, it's just too... German. Too precise. It's kinda odd looking and it sounds, as I'm fond of pointing out, like a cross between a sewing machine and some elcetric hedge clippers. I have a hard time living with something that doesn't have some attitude about it. Not to mention that for being a sport/tourer, it's actually not all that comfortable for me.

If I want to stick with a sport/tourer, it seems like the best alternative would be a VFR800 Interceptor. They look much better, sound much better, and even though they're a good bit heavier, they're also more powerful. In this area they're hard to find, but I might get close enough to test ride one in time. Another option would be a Ducati ST4S, but while these look & sound amazing, they're also hard to get near around here, and I have very little idea what they're like to live with from a maintenance standpoint.

Just to throw a wrench in the works, I've always been attracted to sport bikes. Yesterday I was at my local dealer and they had this sitting there:

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2004-YAMAHA-YZF-R6---R6-95248962

It has barely 3300 miles on it and is practically brand new. So I took it on a test ride up and down the aptly-named Spiral highway and oh god I fell in love. It was clearly more powerful, but because I'm used to a twin, it didn't feel overly volatile SO LONG as you keep it in the right gear and stay out of the upper revs. It was the kind of fun I've been looking for. And oddly enough, it was no more uncomfortable. It had me bent over only slightly further than the BMW and my wrists were actually more comfortable.

Oh, and it (or something like it) would cut my payments in half. Am I being an indecisive little girl here? Should I place my faith in the long-shot of finding my 2007 VFR in anniversary colors or an ST4S within 2000 miles, and hope that one of those cures my boredom problems? I'm really not looking to punk around with da stuntaz, I just want something more visceral and focused, not so clinical and... nice.

HELP

sigtrap fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 14, 2009

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I've been pondering the replacement for the GSX, I have considered the F800ST but your boredom comments resonate with some spine sensation I've always had about it. It is a tad boring.

I you want something more sporty sitting/looking yet touring capable, have you re-re-reconsidered the CA favourite, the SV?

I'm pretty much sold on a naked 1000 for my next bike. I can't afford it right now, but US 2nd hand prices on these are excellent.

I've also considered the Duc ST2 and ST4, but I think they look a bit weird really. Sort of Ducati for those that don't really want a Ducati.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's also the Triumph Sprint ST. No idea how easy that'll be to find where you are, though.

Uncle Ivan
Aug 31, 2001
I can recommend a Yamaha FZ6 or FZ1, depending on how much power you feel comfortable with.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Eh, these are all good bikes which i've considered in the past, but they just don't appeal to my ten year old brain. Hence a full-on middleweight sport bike, or an attitudinal S/T.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Oh, and if I got a Triumph I'd lean more towards a street/speed triple or maybe a Daytona. I live in a land of no traffic and curves & canyons.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

sigtrap posted:

...and so far it's been a great bike. Since I bought it last September, I've put ~3700 miles on it. Lots of out-and-back day trips, and an extended 3-day thing. I can't fault the thing in any way, it's just too boring. It has plenty of power and all, it's just too... German. Too precise.
If I want to stick with a sport/tourer, it seems like the best alternative would be a VFR800 Interceptor. They look much better, sound much better, and even though they're a good bit heavier, they're also more powerful. In this area they're hard to find, but I might get close enough to test ride one in time. Another option would be a Ducati ST4S, but while these look & sound amazing, they're also hard to get near around here, and I have very little idea what they're like to live with from a maintenance standpoint.

Should I place my faith in the long-shot of finding my 2007 VFR in anniversary colors or an ST4S within 2000 miles, and hope that one of those cures my boredom problems? I'm really not looking to punk around with da stuntaz, I just want something more visceral and focused, not so clinical and... nice.

HELP

I think you're going to be happier with the ST4S. That bike will hit all the pleasure centers and be a good all day tourer and a kiggazz sport bike all in one. Maintenence won't be any worse than the VFR-just wait until you have to pay to have those VTEC valves looked after. A lot of noise has been made concerning Ducati valves but TBH they aren't that hard, just different-they are intended to be checked and adjusted so they've made it as easy as possible given all the gingerbread surrounding the engine.

I'm not encouraged with your remarks about the F800. I was thinking F800GS as my next bike when I pay off the R1150GS. It seems on paper to be a better bike for my riding, mostly highway but I do like to venture off the road and the big GS is useless on trails. The observations sound eerily like those I made about my K75S. Smooth, fast, reliable, competent as hell and in the end, not a bike that inspired much passion in me.

RichBomb
Nov 16, 2004
a strange and terrible saga

sigtrap posted:

Oh, and if I got a Triumph I'd lean more towards a street/speed triple or maybe a Daytona. I live in a land of no traffic and curves & canyons.
How about the Tiger 1050?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
How about a Bandit 1200? That fits the bill for an attitude-filled sport tourer, and they're generally easier to find for a more reasonable price. Plus, it's a Suzuki, so you can mix and match parts should you feel the need.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

sigtrap posted:

I can't fault the thing in any way, it's just too boring. It has plenty of power and all, it's just too... German. Too precise. It's kinda odd looking and it sounds, as I'm fond of pointing out, like a cross between a sewing machine and some elcetric hedge clippers. I have a hard time living with something that doesn't have some attitude about it.

sigtrap posted:

Eh, these are all good bikes which i've considered in the past, but they just don't appeal to my ten year old brain. Hence a full-on middleweight sport bike, or an attitudinal S/T.

Aprilia, you need a hot Italian lover ;-*

EDIT: Babe

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

blugu64 posted:

Aprilia, you need a hot Italian lover ;-*

EDIT: Babe

Yes. I was going to mention Ducati. However you may lose the benefits of cutting your payments going the Italian route.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

A buddy of mine is selling his rd125 and I'm thinking about buying it. Anybody here have experience with these bikes?
It has 7500 miles on it and he thinks it is a 1975. It needs a new tank and a new seat but has new tires and a new battery. I checked the bike out yesterday and noticed that the clutch lever was really difficult to move. I dont know if that was due to the fact that the bike has been sitting in his yard for a couple years or if its due to something else. I'd like to turn it into a cafe racer type bike, for some reason I really like the looks of that style.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Mr. Clark2 posted:

A buddy of mine is selling his rd125 and I'm thinking about buying it. Anybody here have experience with these bikes?

Yamaha two strokes of that generation are pretty forgiving to get running. There is a big area between "running" and "goes like stink" that you can spend a lot of time getting right though.

Parts shouldn't be too bad for a RD125. The clutch is likely the cable. You can test this by following the cable down to the clutch actuator and trying to press it in by hand.

Good selection of RD and various two stroke parts available here:
http://www.hvccycle.com

There's been a lot of RD questions lately. Feels like we need an RD thread or something.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

8ender posted:

Yamaha two strokes of that generation are pretty forgiving to get running. There is a big area between "running" and "goes like stink" that you can spend a lot of time getting right though.
I remember an IT465 I had for a short while that I bought with a friend. It was an incredible PITA to get tuned to run well... but when it did holy poo poo hold the gently caress on.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

My buddy found a 1983 Honda Magna VF1100 for $600. Electrics work except for rear right blinker. Runs and idles fine. Tires are good. Needs new battery and the wires get hot around the battery/rectifier behind the right side cover. It's also apparent these wires have been crimped or soldered back together.

Thoughts? My friend doesn't want to put a ton of money into a cash pit, so is this bike reliable? 36,xxx miles.

It's an early honda V-four. I'd stay away.

While not a v-four, my bike was from the same era (79-83) of Honda's more trouble-prone bikes. It cost $600 to buy, and another $1400 to get running. I could probably have done it for far less now that I know better, but sometimes the money's for getting-to-know, if that makes sense.

Either way, tell your friend to save up to $1200 or so and to get a completely sorted out UJM with every single thing working. Unless it's a weird rare/sought after bike, $1200 will buy you a pristine example of most suzuki/kawasaki/honda/yamaha bikes from the early to mid-eighties. I've placed these in my order of preference at this juncture. Zuks and Kawaks are incredibly easy to work on for the most part.

George RR Fartin fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jun 15, 2009

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

sigtrap posted:

...and so far it's been a great bike. Since I bought it last September, I've put ~3700 miles on it. Lots of out-and-back day trips, and an extended 3-day thing. I can't fault the thing in any way, it's just too boring. It has plenty of power and all, it's just too... German. Too precise. It's kinda odd looking and it sounds, as I'm fond of pointing out, like a cross between a sewing machine and some elcetric hedge clippers. I have a hard time living with something that doesn't have some attitude about it. Not to mention that for being a sport/tourer, it's actually not all that comfortable for me.

Just to throw a wrench in the works, I've always been attracted to sport bikes. Yesterday I was at my local dealer and they had this sitting there:

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2004-YAMAHA-YZF-R6---R6-95248962

It has barely 3300 miles on it and is practically brand new. So I took it on a test ride up and down the aptly-named Spiral highway and oh god I fell in love. It was clearly more powerful, but because I'm used to a twin, it didn't feel overly volatile SO LONG as you keep it in the right gear and stay out of the upper revs. It was the kind of fun I've been looking for. And oddly enough, it was no more uncomfortable. It had me bent over only slightly further than the BMW and my wrists were actually more comfortable.

Oh, and it (or something like it) would cut my payments in half. Am I being an indecisive little girl here? Should I place my faith in the long-shot of finding my 2007 VFR in anniversary colors or an ST4S within 2000 miles, and hope that one of those cures my boredom problems? I'm really not looking to punk around with da stuntaz, I just want something more visceral and focused, not so clinical and... nice.

HELP

Used Aprilia Tuono if you want to go nuts, used Aprilia Futura if you want something a bit more toury. If you want to go ballzy SS with a massive Vtwin a used Aprilia Mille is also an option. They have a fantastic monster engine, the Mille seemed pretty comfortable for normal riding. They were a bit out of my price range so I ended up with the ZZR instead.

Honestly, I think every rider goes through a supersport phase of some sort or another. For some riders, it's a quick test ride on a friend's bike and they're done, for other's it 50k of commuting on a 600 just because they love them.

I love the SV, but it's not a "visceral" bike until you mod the gently caress out of it. It's a fantastic motorcycle, but I don't think that most inner 10 year olds go nuts over an SV.

Swap cams, flatslides, front end swap and rear shock, F3 rear wheel, toss some fairings on it and...well, gently caress, you should have just bought a GSX-R 750 instead.

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

Full of ignorant tribalism. Kinda sad.
I'm tinkering with the idea of picking up a used bike as a toy. I love the sound of big displacement single-cylinder bikes and want to explore that arena. I like the idea of the simplicity. Outside of the Blast is there anything else I should look at that might be older and therefore cheaper? Dual-sport is not out of the question. As for budget, I have no idea but I'm ok with the idea of fixing something up.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Sig:
I've owned or ridden a number of the bikes you are considering, and I like to swap bikes around as well. I would encourage you to start looking at bikes that are a bit cheaper to buy and sell as it seems like you've got a number of bikes you'd like to buy or own. I try to stick right around the 4k mark for my main street bike as that seems like a sweet spot for both buying and selling a bike without too much hassle but is still in good shape.

With regard to VFRs the older you get - the more sporty of a bike you end up with. If you think a BMW feels boring/precise you will fall asleep on a Honda. I think the bike you are riding is pretty funky and if you don't like the sound - just toss a slipon on the bike. Given the economy these days you're probably staring down taking a pretty big hit if you sell the bike now. It seems to me that BMWs take a pretty decent initial depreciation hit, then they really level out.

I think all the bikes that you mentioned and the bikes that have been suggested are all really good bikes. I'd also toss out considering a CBR1100XX blackbird with a set of heli/convertibars. Also the ZZR like z3n just got would be another good choice. Here is a pretty cool Aprilia ST bike:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/1224130360.html

My friend is selling a ZRX1100 that is in really nice shape for the low 3s if you are interested. It's actually a really nice bike to tour on - lots of windscreen options if you want more wind protection.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

n8r posted:

Sig:
I've owned or ridden a number of the bikes you are considering, and I like to swap bikes around as well. I would encourage you to start looking at bikes that are a bit cheaper to buy and sell as it seems like you've got a number of bikes you'd like to buy or own. I try to stick right around the 4k mark for my main street bike as that seems like a sweet spot for both buying and selling a bike without too much hassle but is still in good shape.

With regard to VFRs the older you get - the more sporty of a bike you end up with. If you think a BMW feels boring/precise you will fall asleep on a Honda. I think the bike you are riding is pretty funky and if you don't like the sound - just toss a slipon on the bike. Given the economy these days you're probably staring down taking a pretty big hit if you sell the bike now. It seems to me that BMWs take a pretty decent initial depreciation hit, then they really level out.

I think all the bikes that you mentioned and the bikes that have been suggested are all really good bikes. I'd also toss out considering a CBR1100XX blackbird with a set of heli/convertibars. Also the ZZR like z3n just got would be another good choice. Here is a pretty cool Aprilia ST bike:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/1224130360.html

My friend is selling a ZRX1100 that is in really nice shape for the low 3s if you are interested. It's actually a really nice bike to tour on - lots of windscreen options if you want more wind protection.

The RST is the Futura. :) They can be found for a little cheaper on the AP1 forums.

I'd also +1 taking a look at the ZRX. Very cool bikes with a big cult following.

Edit:

Kynetx posted:

I'm tinkering with the idea of picking up a used bike as a toy. I love the sound of big displacement single-cylinder bikes and want to explore that arena. I like the idea of the simplicity. Outside of the Blast is there anything else I should look at that might be older and therefore cheaper? Dual-sport is not out of the question. As for budget, I have no idea but I'm ok with the idea of fixing something up.

KTM Duke or Duke 2. Old school option: SRX600.

Comedy option: http://www.450moto.com/ with a plate.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 16, 2009

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Whoops.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Kynetx posted:

You shouldn't be looking at a Blast at all.

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

Bob Morales posted:

You shouldn't be looking at a Blast at all.

I'm curious as to why. They're air-cooled and belt-driven. That would seem to increase the reliability. What is the problem?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Kynetx posted:

I'm curious as to why. They're air-cooled and belt-driven. That would seem to increase the reliability. What is the problem?

They're slow, poorly built, vibrate like a mofo, and the overall quality in general is just not there.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Kynetx posted:

Suzuki Savage 650? My wife's uncle just bought an '02, and I must've eyeballed the drat thing for a good 5 minutes before I realized it was a single.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

sigtrap posted:

HELP

I think airfare from your place to my place is pretty cheap ($120ish according to Kayak) and this is a pretty rocking bike: http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/1193294699.html

ST4S 3K miles, factory luggage, ABS, corbin seat, etc.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Bucephalus posted:

Suzuki Savage 650? My wife's uncle just bought an '02, and I must've eyeballed the drat thing for a good 5 minutes before I realized it was a single.

I had one of those as a daily rider for about 3 months many years ago. As far as a single goes, it was actually pretty decent and being a 650 a reasonable size. Not my cup of tea but you could certainly do worse.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

PlasticSun posted:

I think airfare from your place to my place is pretty cheap ($120ish according to Kayak) and this is a pretty rocking bike: http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/1193294699.html

ST4S 3K miles, factory luggage, ABS, corbin seat, etc.

Oh lord that's tempting... but I'd need to sell the BMW first :(

...and a Ducati should be red but that's beside the point.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Be warned that the 4 valve watercooled Ducati motors ARE a bitch to maintain compared to the aircooled 2 valve setups. I believe the valve adjustments are a bit more involved and I there is probably other stuff you have to worry about as well.

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

Bucephalus posted:

Thanks for the suggestion. I should mention that I'm leaning toward a dual-sport now and less toward a cruiser. I'm having trouble finding a list of singles out there. Any suggestions for further reading?

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

sigtrap posted:

Oh lord that's tempting... but I'd need to sell the BMW first :(

...and a Ducati should be red but that's beside the point.

I've always felt that the correct course of action with those bikes is to remove all the fairings, take them to a body shop and return with a pearl white one. Although I expect it would be hard to ride the thing with every able bodied human attempting to dry hump it at stops.

If you do decide to grab a temporary loan while you sell the BMW and swing down you're more than welcome to crash on one of my sofas before riding back.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Kynetx posted:

Thanks for the suggestion. I should mention that I'm leaning toward a dual-sport now and less toward a cruiser. I'm having trouble finding a list of singles out there. Any suggestions for further reading?

Pretty much all the Japanese dual sports are singles.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

n8r posted:

Pretty much all the Japanese dual sports are singles.

Yeah, pretty much the only one I can think of off the top of my head that isn't is the KLE 500 and that's Euro/Aus only.

For big displacement (ie 500cc and up) there's the Honda XR650L, Suzuki DR650, and Kawasaki KLR650. If you go used with the Kawi, I'd say get a first-gen, the one that actually looks like a dirt bike - it went through a huge refresh a couple of years ago but the '08s have had some really annoying bugs.

If you were looking for something that was both new and a streetbike, there's the KTM 690 Duke or BMW G650x Country, which is pretty cool that the Euros are putting street thumps out.

You might also consider something along the lines of a sumo; the DRZ400 is your ride there.

discostu
Feb 8, 2008
What's a fair price for a 2008 sv650 in good condition? It's about 4k in miles. If I average out the kbb trade-in and retail price, it's about 3800. There's a guy on craigslist that keeps on listing the same sv650 for the last 2 months. He's finally slowly coming down on the price(5100 from 5300) which I think is still ridiculously high.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Phy posted:

Yeah, pretty much the only one I can think of off the top of my head that isn't is the KLE 500 and that's Euro/Aus only.

For big displacement (ie 500cc and up) there's the Honda XR650L, Suzuki DR650, and Kawasaki KLR650. If you go used with the Kawi, I'd say get a first-gen, the one that actually looks like a dirt bike - it went through a huge refresh a couple of years ago but the '08s have had some really annoying bugs.

If you were looking for something that was both new and a streetbike, there's the KTM 690 Duke or BMW G650x Country, which is pretty cool that the Euros are putting street thumps out.

You might also consider something along the lines of a sumo; the DRZ400 is your ride there.

You're mostly suggesting some rather big bikes and some bikes that tend to be fairly expensive. If you like the idea of a small thumper/DS that can be had for <$2k there are all sorts of lower displacement Japanese dual sports that are still a lot of fun to ride. They happen to be quite popular around here as most of the roads are ~35mph speed limits and we have lots of forest service roads and trails around here.
There are a number of displacements available for all of these models:
Honda XR series
Yamaha XT series
Suzuki DR series
Kawasaki KLR/X stuff (not sure they did as many as the others)

Most of them are aircooled and quite simple to work on. You do generally get what you pay for and I would encourage you to buy the best one you can afford/find. Bikes that need fixing up - especially ones where the good condition/good running ones may be only $500-$1000 more do not generally make good project bikes. A few expensive items that need replacing and you're into it way more than you would be just buying one in good shape.

Jayjo
Dec 18, 2003

I decided to have a look around my immediate vicinity for any used bikes and got lucky. I was referred to an older guy who services and sells motorcycles out of his garage. I'm pretty set on getting something from him as he seems honest enough and came with good references.

I'm undecided between an '84 Kawasaki LTD 700 ($1700) and an '86 Yamaha Fazer 700 ($2k).

Both have been serviced and the Kawi had its forks rebuilt recently. The Fazer had its forks rebuilt a litter over a year ago.

Pics:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

New tires on the Kawi.

Thoughts on these?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Hrm, those prices are a bit high, but the bikes look immaculate. What sort of riding experience do you have?

Jayjo
Dec 18, 2003

Z3n posted:

Hrm, those prices are a bit high, but the bikes look immaculate. What sort of riding experience do you have?

About 4 years split between an EX500 and a 650 V-Star.

I checked his prices against Craigslist and have to agree on them being high, but I hear this guy puts a lot of work into his bikes. It doesn't hurt he's only 15min away vs. everything else I've found being an hour drive either.

Here's a closeup I took of the LTD:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Pretty spendy, but very clean bikes. You do realize that rebuilding forks isn't much beyond new fork seals and new oil right? I would say the Kawasaki is a better choice because I bet that thing is a partsbin tank of a bike. I'd be a bit more concerned about parts and reliability of the fazer but I admit to not knowing much about them.

If the Kawasaki needs *nothing* i.e. has new tires/chain/good brakes/all working electrical I could see paying $1500 for it. Where do you live and what is your budget? It looks like you're looking for a smaller cruiser style bike that has a 4 cyl motor?