Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Remember that if you’re stuck on gem recipies you can buy 3 of the 5 from little whatsherface in hidden camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

... that would have been helpful to remember.

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!

Avalerion posted:

Spend a day trying to farm for rorg only to find out they only drop from bounty caches. :bang:

Finally got one now... what's the updated build for zunni witch doctor now with the new craftable sets? I'm currently running zunni/aughild + sage for rifts and travelers pledge for grifts, is that the goto?

The two builds I've seen on diablofans that stand out are:
https://www.diablofans.com/builds/104798-2-6-6-best-solo-push-wd-build-zuni-aughild
https://www.diablofans.com/builds/104811-2-6-6-rhykker-zuni-dod

Looking them over I'd probably try the rhykker one personally. It looks less annoying to play. Doesn't worry about CoE rotation or rely on Piranhado as the only way to activate the Zuni's bonus.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Rorg is strong and you should always have one at some point.

If your farming set doesn't' have a Rorg and the set that doubles DBs you are missing out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gonna stick with my Arcane Orbit wiz for now, always a fun and tanky build. Wanna see if stacking shields is worth it now with Squirt's pendant.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Thorg posted:

Sunwuko is generally regarded as the easiest monk set dungeon. Though you can try taking out paragon/not using emeralds in weapons and see if that helps in Inna's.

I'd say R6 is the easiest. Then Sun, Uli and lastly Innas.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Star Man posted:

I mean, that's a perfectly usable ring.

Lack of at least native CHD or CHR would put me off it, but yeah, it's a solid stopgap.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Huh, there's now a Might of the Earth build using Seismic Slam and doesn't even use Earthquake. It's interesting seeing people still innovating in this game.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Zenithe posted:

Rorg is strong and you should always have one at some point.

If your farming set doesn't' have a Rorg and the set that doubles DBs you are missing out.

ehh eventually you're limited by forgotten souls (upgrading rares) or bounty cache mats (reforge legendary).

T16 already drops so many DBs..

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

totalnewbie posted:

ehh eventually you're limited by forgotten souls (upgrading rares) or bounty cache mats (reforge legendary).

T16 already drops so many DBs..

Upgrading rares requires DBs, not souls. And DBs are generally the limiting resource for that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I have never been bottlenecked by forgotten souls

Don't do enough bounties to come close with reforges

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I am limited all the time by DBs, act crafting mats AND forgotten souls because I am impatient and I want my items now now now!!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Actually fs are a problem early on, because they're needed in rerolls

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Yellow mats always seem to be a limiting factor for me.

If Blackthornes made yellow mats appear at 5 times their normal rate, I would wear it all the time for farming.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's easy to cube more veiled crystals though, just stick in a rare item with 100 arcane dust/reusable parts and 1 DB and you get 100 veiled crystals back. Easy to do after a round of gambling.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

exquisite tea posted:

It's easy to cube more veiled crystals though, just stick in a rare item with 100 arcane dust/reusable parts and 1 DB and you get 100 veiled crystals back. Easy to do after a round of gambling.

Yeah, that's true. Nearly kicked myself when I discovered that after not having looked that far into the cube recipe list for many seasons.

Maybe what Blackthornes should be instead is a set that auto-shards white, blue, and yellow items when you walk by them in the field. That would be handy.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Honestly right now I feel more bottlenecked by white/blue materials than anything else. It's bizarre.

(Obviously the cube transmute recipes help but still, it's an odd place to feel pinched at.)

sfmarine7
Aug 26, 2004
hey, how's it going
Here I go again for s18. I think I’ll roll a monk for this season on Switch because it’s been a long time since my last one.

How is the triune seasonal effect?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It makes a pretty big difference but really depends on if your build can afford to move to one and then stand in it.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If you are going monk, then do the Innas Wave of Light build to get the most out of the seasonal effect.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So I'm not sure how long this has been a thing, but crafting a Level 70 Follower Relic counts as crafting a Level 70 Piece Of Jewelry for the Achievement. MUCH cheaper, and way more useful, since you can then upgrade it to Legendary in an attempt to get the Follower Can't Die Relic.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

So I'm not sure how long this has been a thing, but crafting a Level 70 Follower Relic counts as crafting a Level 70 Piece Of Jewelry for the Achievement. MUCH cheaper, and way more useful, since you can then upgrade it to Legendary in an attempt to get the Follower Can't Die Relic.

I could have sworn it used to count for the craft an armor requirement in previous seasons but it didn't work this season.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Accidentally let Nvidia "optimize" my settings (everything super max), and now I'm getting fps dips even when using middling settings. Don't remember my exact setup from before but I'm pretty sure it was more demanding and ran better.

I hope it wasn't the driver update.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

For whatever reason Nvidia loves to optimize D3 for 4k supersampling which makes everything look bad and blurry, so that's the most likely culprit.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Unfortunately that's not it, because I'm using borderless windowed on a 1080p screen. I used to supersample without performance issues a few seasons ago, but it's not worth the associated alt tab hassle.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I either gotta figure out how to nerf myself just right for the set dungeon or assemble another set because Inna's refuses to not destroy these guys long enough for me to gather 10 of them at a time.
The guide I saw suggested that the magic number was ~300k sheet damage (and if you keep the WoL pieces on, you can still one-shot the elites).

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Ripped to Cold Snap at a level 89 Grift, ranked 27.

That was fun, gimmick was OK.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
For the Inna’s dungeon if I didn’t get 2/5 in the first 30 seconds I just restarted.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

some of these dungeons sound like absolute bs

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
They're extremely undertuned for the last round of set buffs that gave every set +14000% damage. Only did it last season because thorns-sader was super easy.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Set Dungeons are garbo, and just need to be removed from the requirements. Just change it to Complete GR 70+ With X Sets

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Honestly, all three people in my group went monk this season so I just went in there without any weapon equipped and did the five mantra hits first and then the other two guys blitzed the map and killed everything. Then repeat for the other two to get theirs.

My mystic allies were still killing trash in like two-three seconds with 10-11k sheet damage.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

bamhand posted:

Upgrading rares requires DBs, not souls. And DBs are generally the limiting resource for that.

Oops... shouldn't have skipped my coffee.

Then yeah, FS limits the legendary rerolls. With T16 split bounties giving 22(?) of each mat in relatively short order, you run through FS very quickly.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

totalnewbie posted:

Oops... shouldn't have skipped my coffee.

Then yeah, FS limits the legendary rerolls. With T16 split bounties giving 22(?) of each mat in relatively short order, you run through FS very quickly.

but that requires doing bounties

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Set dungeons are a cool idea, but the design decision to require you to nerf your own DPS output is so entirely antithetical to the Diablo 3 experience that it blows my mind that they haven’t returned them.

It’s pretty clear the staff that cared about Set Dungeons aren’t part of the team anymore.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Rinkles posted:

but that requires doing bounties

With the power levels of sets these days, bounties aren't so bad. And split bounties means you really only end up doing 5-6 bounties (more if you've got some speedfarm build, less if you don't - but most people don't care as long as you're doing SOMEthing).

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Set dungeons are a cool idea, but the design decision to require you to nerf your own DPS output is so entirely antithetical to the Diablo 3 experience that it blows my mind that they haven’t returned them.

It’s pretty clear the staff that cared about Set Dungeons aren’t part of the team anymore.

The easiest fix would be to set a minimum difficulty but allow us to go higher by matching our own difficulty level. Don't even have to worry about rethinking the design. Just let us crank the numbers higher to match what we put out.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I have been having the worst luck with getting any useful legendaries this season.

And then today, for a further RNG kick in the balls, I found and killed a Menagerist Goblin, but it opened a portal to the Vault which I accidentally clicked on while I was trying to collect my loot. I figured I'd just go ahead and run the vault, then go back and get my loot after.

Turns out that pet drops despawn after a few minutes if you don't pick them up immediately. :negative:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Kinda saves a whole bunch of stress to wait until Monday to bother with the season start, get one challenge rift done (and a lovely one at that), and just put it down til tomorrow for the next CR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Using the Inna's build, I hit a groove where I wasn't expending charges of the dash. I freely admit I just copied the poo poo down and went to it, so I'm not even sure what's triggering that, but a quick look at my gear and stuff and I don't see anything that connects. Am I supposed to be able to basically dash without end if I'm doing something correctly here?