Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Sleeveless posted:

Successful but also very much in the spirit of this thread, Tickle King just got bought by HBO after a successful premiere at Sundance.

Dude is an actual TV journalist here in NZ so I don't think it's strange that this got funded especially for this weird as hell 'competitive tickling' expose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/673299016/midnight-stranger

A kickstarter inspired by an LP posted on these very forums.

It's one of those kickstarters that I'd probably want to succeed, but drat, does it look like insane ramblings mixed with computer effects back from the 90s. Especially if you're not familiar with the games.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Paladinus posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/673299016/midnight-stranger

A kickstarter inspired by an LP posted on these very forums.

It's one of those kickstarters that I'd probably want to succeed, but drat, does it look like insane ramblings mixed with computer effects back from the 90s. Especially if you're not familiar with the games.

Yeah but the insanity is precisely why they're great.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

I thought they made an account here and it turned out they were too weird.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Possibly :nws:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/800797224/wank-wipes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-wbuZ3Wl1I

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

It's sad they don't have the regular KS bullshit levels: mention on the web-site, Skype with the creator, ...

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature

Sleeveless posted:

Successful but also very much in the spirit of this thread, Tickle King just got bought by HBO after a successful premiere at Sundance.

Fun Fact: HBO turned down the opportunity to air Breaking Bad when it was starting out. Glad to see still they have their priorities in order

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mildly Amusing posted:

Fun Fact: HBO turned down the opportunity to air Breaking Bad when it was starting out. Glad to see still they have their priorities in order

tbf even AMC tried to follow up BB by shortening the seasons and trying to cram Small Town Security down our throats

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

Otisburg posted:

:catstare:

Proclick AF.

Dude has a one-hour pitch video. I scrubbed through and found a gem at ~55 minutes in. "I'm not a 'professional biochemist...'" complete with air quotes.

quote:

Many scientists think that control of DNA will make them "gods". THEY will decide who will be born. THEY will decide what he/she will look like. THEY will decide whether people will be smart or stupid, strong or weak, tall or short, black or white. When you tell such people that they don't even know the structure of DNA, the chemical which was supposed to make them "gods", they fly into a blind rage

yes, as we all know the god kings Watson and Crick controlled who is born black or white for decades.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Mildly Amusing posted:

When Breaking Bad was being pitched Vince Gilligan was the guy responsible for Hancock. Would you hire him?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
To be fair he also wrote Home Fries with Drew Barrymore

And some xfiles

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Haven't seen this mentioned yet. Magnetic moonshoes + eink display + $20,000 flexible funding. I think that's a bingo

Also that loving modulated narrator voice is grating

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Insert joke about shoegazing here.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Spaced God posted:

Haven't seen this mentioned yet. Magnetic moonshoes + eink display + $20,000 flexible funding. I think that's a bingo

Also that loving modulated narrator voice is grating

One of the stretch goals is the ability to choose the size of your shoes, and it's nearly TEN TIMES the original funding goal. :wtc:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

CJacobs posted:

One of the stretch goals is the ability to choose the size of your shoes, and it's nearly TEN TIMES the original funding goal. :wtc:

That seems to be for width rather than size, which would be handy for people like the people in my mum's family who all have abnormally wide feet. Though they don't even carry their women's sizes anyway (all the women in my family have big man feet) so it doesn't matter.

What the gently caress is up with using pictures of planes and stuff instead of punctuation? That's just obnoxious.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

What the gently caress is up with using pictures of planes and stuff instead of punctuation? That's just obnoxious.

:gonk:

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
I know when I want to read someone's latest tweet, I don't reach for my phone, laptop, tablet, watches, etc., I crawl on the ground to read your goddamn shoe.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Sanguinary Novel posted:

I know when I want to read someone's latest tweet, I don't reach for my phone, laptop, tablet, watches, etc., I crawl on the ground to read your goddamn shoe.

LOL if you don't have hordes of followers begging at your feet. Now I won't even have to look at them to show my condescension.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The treads on the bottom of the shoes... I think you'd get better traction from shower slippers.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Those shoes look really really bad, like special needs bad

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Here we go again: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyanideandhappiness/joking-hazard

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Someone post the funny cyanide and happiness generator instead

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Those moon shoes are ugly as hell.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
I've never read Cyanide and Happiness, but if this is the level of comedy they're doing, it'll.. well, it'll do gangbusters, but not for any logical reason:

What the hell kind of line is "Aren't you meant to be at a funeral?" No one talks like that.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I don't know anything about physics but wouldn't a magnetic force strong enough to keep a grown human suspended or at the very least have a noticeable degree of resistance when you're standing on them probably also be more than enough to just make the shoes violently explode?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

pathetic little tramp posted:

I've never read Cyanide and Happiness, but if this is the level of comedy they're doing, it'll.. well, it'll do gangbusters, but not for any logical reason:

What the hell kind of line is "Aren't you meant to be at a funeral?" No one talks like that.

You know that's just a random combination of panels, right?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Well then... :stare:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

So Cards Against Humanity but it's the Cyanide and Happiness comic generator instead

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
Is there a written world record yet for least effort put into a successful kickstarter campaign?

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Tato salad

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Cheez posted:

Is there a written world record yet for least effort put into a successful kickstarter campaign?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

His initial project was super low effort but strangely enough after it went viral and he got lots of TV interviews and made $55,000 he actually put in a huge amount of effort arranging a potato salad festival for hundreds of people. Also one of the reward pledges was "I will call your name out loud while I make the potato salad" and he ended up making a youtube video which was almost four hours long to document all that. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gacUgnNHh7Y

Now the Kickstarter/Indiegogo projects which tried to get in on the potato salad craze and copy his project .... those projects were super low effort.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

It's like the million dollar homepage. It's a gimmick which only works once.

take my life... please!
May 31, 2006

We make everything you need and you need everything we make.
The Better Dating Site

Not just for singles, its an online experience the way it oughta be; you'll never be embarrassed to say you met online again

The creator bio is just as good:

take my life... please! has a new favorite as of 16:59 on Feb 11, 2016

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Consider I posted jay-peg.avi

take my life... please!
May 31, 2006

We make everything you need and you need everything we make.
I'm just excited for polyamorous ichthus fish being able to meet online.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Okay, that means the first panel still exists in the wild and that's the stupidest loving sentence I've ever read. It looks like it was written by someone who speaks English as a fourth language.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't know what English you're thinking of but in the English most people on earth who speak English speak, "meant" is an appropriate substitute word for "supposed".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Yeah I don't know what's wrong with that beyond being a hacky setup to an undoubtedly hacky joke.