Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Stating the obvious, but Rorg is great this season because of the new small set buffs (not that this bears relevance to the above last page discussion)

And the rng was merciful this season, got rorg and avarice within 2 or 3 bounties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If I have Inna’s 7/7 and the WoL Bracers and Spirit Stone, what are the next items to chase? Will my DPS from Claw and some other fist weapon overtake the DPS from Inna’s Diabo? So I need to go farm a RORG?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bust Rodd posted:

If I have Inna’s 7/7 and the WoL Bracers and Spirit Stone, what are the next items to chase? Will my DPS from Claw and some other fist weapon overtake the DPS from Inna’s Diabo? So I need to go farm a RORG?

Yes. Kyoshiro's Blade and Rabid Strike are both big ol' honking damage increases. You also want CoE/Zodiac for rings and ideally a well-rolled Flavor of Time (for GRs)/Squirt's Necklace for jewelry.

Cube should be Incense Torch/Crudest Boots/RoRG.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Rinkles posted:

Stating the obvious, but Rorg is great this season because of the new small set buffs (not that this bears relevance to the above last page discussion)

And the rng was merciful this season, got rorg and avarice within 2 or 3 bounties

I'm having a great time with Captain Crimson's and Pestilence set combined. 50% plus CDR is nice.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

I thought the previous season's gimmick was pretty good for alts: you're almost guaranteed to have a couple of loose ancients that you can put on to get a basic build capable of doing at least T3 or something, and then from there you can farm up sets and upgrades directly instead of using your main as a channel

and in this sense, I was thinking the Nightmare jewel would let you do that again

Yeah it was great. I socketed a level 25 gem of ease into an ancient 2H and could solo like... Torment 6 off the bat.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Was knocking out a couple of journey things this morning before work and heard a goblin. Turns out it was a pet goblin and I got the mimic pet. :woop:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

it's one of my favorites, second only to the baby cow (of the ones i have, i haven't looked up what i'm missing)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Whatever my first managerial goblin drops is my only pet for the season, and I got a day 1 Mimic

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I really want Liv Moore ... but not enough to farm for her.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I want the lil' diablo!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

apparently it was a '16 blizzcon ticket perk, so no longer available

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
: (

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Bust Rodd posted:

Whatever my first managerial goblin drops is my only pet for the season, and I got a day 1 Mimic

Does switch or Xbox lock pets to seasons?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The problem with having all those great pets is that it really makes it hard to choose how to properly accessorize with my Barbie doll every season. Since it is the new hotness on the block, I'm using the WC3 preorder one for now.

sfmarine7
Aug 26, 2004
hey, how's it going

Dameius posted:

I'm using the WC3 preorder one for now.

Anyone know if this pre-order bonus pet can be claimed in the Switch version?

E: so just saw in the patch notes that the pre-order pet (wee mal'ganis) is PC only. Hopefully that comes to console versions later.

sfmarine7 fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 28, 2019

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Legendary gems are multipliers right? That's why they give such a big boost despite the relatively small numbers on them?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Just about everything in this game is a multiplier unless it's the same item stat from multiple items. Note that % skill damage as a special legendary attribute (with a yellow dot) is considered different from % skill damage from an item's main stat.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bane of the Trapped, Zei's Stone of Vengeance and perhaps 1-2 other gems used to be on their own separate table for damage calculations while others were simply additive, which made them even more desirable than they are now. But a couple years ago Blizzard made all damage increases multiplicative and calculated on the same table.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What does different or same table mean? If they are multiplicative they would each have their own table. If they are additive they would use the same table right?

Like you add up your main stat bonus from gear and that's one damage multiplier from one table. Then you add skill damage from gear on another table and multiply those two together.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
It takes some items to really get going, but a Tempest Rush monk is really fun build.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

bamhand posted:

Just about everything in this game is a multiplier unless it's the same item stat from multiple items. Note that % skill damage as a special legendary attribute (with a yellow dot) is considered different from % skill damage from an item's main stat.
You can tell these apart from the "details" pane on the character sheet: there's a line there with "[skill] damage increase" which only sums up the % skill damage from the primary stats on items, and all of those sources are additive. Anything that doesn't appear in that line is its own multiplier.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Did you know that Reforge Legendary on a weapon can completely remove the base damage? I didn't. :lol:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Kyrosiris posted:

Did you know that Reforge Legendary on a weapon can completely remove the base damage? I didn't. :lol:

First 70 drop I ever recall without a damage roll dropped for me this season. It's really rare but technically possible.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Congrats on finally getting fisted! :v::hf::v:

Not only did I finally get my Kyo, but now I've got an Ancient one!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Does Firebell still trigger Rapid Strike if you have Tso Krin’s Gaze?

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I keep getting error 34200 while trying to retrieve characters logging into the americas (& europe also it appears). Does anyone know if something is up or how to fix it?

edit: Apparently closing the bnet app 5x eventually made it find a patch for d3. Problem solved.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 29, 2019

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Bust Rodd posted:

Does Firebell still trigger Rapid Strike if you have Tso Krin’s Gaze?

I wasn't aware of it before perhaps an hour ago, but yes. It's quite nice.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Do you just have to do a bunch of bounties to get the new blacksmith plans?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

bamhand posted:

Do you just have to do a bunch of bounties to get the new blacksmith plans?

That and the one type of goblin that can drop them but yes, they drop like normal.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
This might be a stupid question but what should I do as a fresh (seasonal) lvl 70 witch doctor? Is it just running rifts and doing the bounties? And how do I go about getting armor sets, crafting them or buying them of that rift merchant? I’ve been googling and reading up on reddit and icy veins but there’s just so much info out there and so many abbreviations and terms I don’t got the hang of yet.

I’m playing on the Switch, if that makes any difference.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
If you're fresh the easiest thing to do is:
1) Do the weekly challenge rift and claim the reward to get a nice initial cache of poo poo
1a) optional: use the blood shards to gamble for uniques while at low level; mojo (off-hand) is a decent choice for WD's
2) run rifts on hard difficulty until you're level 70, equip the best gear you find along the way, don't take too much time to optimize your gear (it doesn't matter really). Follow this guide to see which skills are the best when leveling
3) Once you hit 70 go do the season's journey to get your free full set of gear, which catapults your power up to high torment levels (you can do a lot of the season's journey earlier but you won't get much out of it until your lvl 70)
4) Now go farm paragon points, gear, gems, etc. This is where the true Diablo 3 begins.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Hello me from season 19.

If you don't have a switch, get one if you still want to play games with kids. Newborns need held, you can still play a switch like this. :v: I hit guardian last night playing solo (DH) for the entirety of the season. I tried playing a little on my PC again (monk) and it feels worse after playing more on switch.

Maybe that's because I think Inna WoL is a worse UE DH, though. :can:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
But Inna’s WoL is sooooo braindead easy to play in a way that I don’t think any DH build is.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Plus a DH can't vault over gaps or through gates and half walls. :colbert:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

But Inna’s WoL is sooooo braindead easy to play in a way that I don’t think any DH build is.

if we're talking speedfarming runs, ue multishot is very similar. the lower the level the more favorable it is for ms since your coverage is greater.

Dameius posted:

it still slightly annoys me that the monk has the best teleport in the game

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
SHES JUST MOVING VERY FAST

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dameius posted:

I dunno, maybe I'm imprecise with my inputs but seems like half the time I would dash/teleport/etc, I just stop dead on a wall or some rock or some dumb poo poo. And Vault isn't on a cooldown. And In-geom builds feel bad, IMO. :colbert:

Is WoL still bugged that it doesn't do damage right if you drop a bell right on top of an enemy?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Suburban Dad posted:

If you don't have a switch, get one if you still want to play games with kids. Newborns need held, you can still play a switch like this. :v: I hit guardian last night playing solo (DH) for the entirety of the season. I tried playing a little on my PC again (monk) and it feels worse after playing more on switch.

Maybe that's because I think Inna WoL is a worse UE DH, though. :can:

Hmmm good thinking. Might finally get one then.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rinkles posted:

it still slightly annoys me that the monk has the best teleport in the game

Dashing Strike has by far the worst pathing of any teleport spell in D3. The amount of times I've dashed somewhere only to bug out and do nothing or teleport in place over and over is at least double the movement skills of any other class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I don't know how to give you a concise advise on maxing the utility of dash other than you'll eventually figure out the angles from experience. I used to always catch myself on the rocks and try for gaps bigger than you can make and after having just done enough hours of monk, I very rarely have wasted a dash and can get maximum distance whenever that is what I am going for. The cave tilset is great for learning how to get the most out of your angles but cause gently caress that place. Every screen has something that will interrupt your path.

Edit: Ruins of Crovis is great half wall practice. Same with the barracks from A3. The A1 jail is great for gates. The gap on the path to the Skeleton King is a good example of the size of gap you can take.

Dameius fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Aug 29, 2019