Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Dango Bango posted:

Do any of your Costcos sell primal beef cuts from the meat department rather than just individual steaks?

I've only seen individual steaks at mine except for around Christmas so I don't want to waste a trip if they don't have that option during the year.

Yeah mine (SF Bay Area) sells full rib eye roasts and NY strip roasts as well, both Prime grade. They are what I used to buy to stock up on steaks before I starting buying half cows. Good way to get steaks that aren't mechanically tenderized if you are concerned about bacteria for some reason. Obviously pair them with a vacuum sealer.

edit: snipe tax

ROJO fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

StormDrain posted:

My hypothesis is that it's the right combo of, too late for old folks and young folks value that time for leisure.

Edit, and middle folks are too tired from the week and just want a drat break. They'll go on Saturday as part of weekend chores.

Going to Costco... a chore? :confused:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Quiet Feet posted:

Going to Costco... a chore? :confused:

it sure is on the weekend

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

ROJO posted:

Yeah mine (SF Bay Area) sells full rib eye roasts and NY strip roasts as well, both Prime grade. They are what I used to buy to stock up on steaks before I starting buying half cows. Good way to get steaks that aren't mechanically tenderized if you are concerned about bacteria for some reason. Obviously pair them with a vacuum sealer.

My God that is beautiful. A couple of years back they had a 10-15 pound strip loin on sale. Bought it, slaughtered it, vacuum sealed the cuts. Ate like a king for weeks!

And tell us more about buying half a cow!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ROJO posted:

Hell yeah. Mine sells the full primals if you ask them. Got a 15 pound prime rib roast for $13.29/lb :stare:

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Pershing posted:

A couple of years back they had a 10-15 pound strip loin on sale. Bought it, slaughtered it, vacuum sealed the cuts.

My god I would figure if they were selling the 10-15lb strip loin the cow wouldve been slaughtered already. Thats some mad max poo poo.

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone tried this gyro meat? On sale so I was thinkin about it...

Couple pages ago but I had a package in my fridge that I finally got around to cooking

Can confirm: it's awful. I've had other take home and prepare gyro kits and was hoping it would be similar quality but the texture is WAY off (very rubbery) and the taste isnt great.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
You know what is good as hell and I love?

The tempura shrimp.

Make a little stir fry and a little rice and throw some of those bad boys on there and its perfect. the sauce packs with it are decent too, just mix in a little gochugang to spice it up.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Pershing posted:

My God that is beautiful. A couple of years back they had a 10-15 pound strip loin on sale. Bought it, slaughtered it, vacuum sealed the cuts. Ate like a king for weeks!

And tell us more about buying half a cow!

Our friend's parents had a nut farm up in NorCal, and would raise a couple cows just for friends. For feed + butchering costs we got half a cow. Our last one was drat near prime grade. Unfortunately they moved to Oregon and retired so I need to find a new beef source because the chest freezer is pretty empty except maybe 20 pounds of ground beef and a few other random cuts.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’ll give you 40 bucks shipped for the ground beef

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Dango Bango posted:

Do any of your Costcos sell primal beef cuts from the meat department rather than just individual steaks?

I've only seen individual steaks at mine except for around Christmas so I don't want to waste a trip if they don't have that option during the year.

I don’t know what a primal cut is but the business center near me sells whole frozen lambs

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ziv Zulander posted:

I don’t know what a primal cut is but the business center near me sells whole frozen lambs

Technically subprimal I've realized. But it's the whole rib roast rather than just steaks or the type of cuts that you buy at the store.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

why isn't costco on doordash or grubhub etc

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
costco only works with you if you are willing to submit to their demands and be Just Another Vendor (the goodness for customers is dual to a lot of hard dealing with businesses, not that I give a poo poo). that's why they kicked out amex and coca-cola for the drink machines, so they are ridiculously firm on this. none of the delivery dealios are willing

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

dang

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

pencilhands posted:

"If you raise the price of the hot dog I will loving kill you."
"FIGURE IT OUT."

- Jim Sinegal

I bought a pack of 14 costco hotdogs for $13 the other day and two packs of four 1/4lb Hebrew Nationals that are smaller and less tasty at Smith's currently costs... $4 more.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Raluek posted:

it sure is on the weekend

15 minutes before the official opening (when they tend to roll the doors up) is also an exciting time

by exciting, I mean, full of insane people

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

pencilhands posted:

It's on Instacart and it lets you order without a membership but you'd have to be a fuckin' zoomer scrub to pay those markups.

Still if you are super high / super lazy / super rich I guess you could do worse than ordering a Kirkland Rotisserie Chicken and Ice Cream Bars.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Zero VGS posted:

It's on Instacart and it lets you order without a membership but you'd have to be a fuckin' zoomer scrub to pay those markups.

And, if you’re an executive member, you’re basically pissing away your rewards check.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pencilhands posted:

Because they are trash companies.

Send 'em to Walmart.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

pencilhands posted:

https://sameday.costco.com/store/costco/

Mind you, everything is marked up by like 15-20%. It kind of wipes out any savings.

The 2-day shipping is somewhat better. I'd only recommend it if you, don't have a car or going to one would be a big chore. In-store prices are still significantly better.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Psion posted:

15 minutes before the official opening (when they tend to roll the doors up) is also an exciting time

by exciting, I mean, full of insane people

I arrived yesterday right at opening, 15 minutes after those people had entered the building. Parking lot was pretty empty, I walked right in, did my shopping, waited in the checkout line for 90 seconds, and was out in 25 minutes. It was great.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
My biggest Costco gripe is that if you call the warehouse and give them an item number, they can easily tell you if they have that item in stock or not. Why can't they cut out the middle man and put that information on the website somewhere? It wouldn't even necessarily need to be an exact number, just a scale from "we have a shitload of these" to "we're almost out of these" or "we don't carry these at this warehouse."

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

OldSenileGuy posted:

My biggest Costco gripe is that if you call the warehouse and give them an item number, they can easily tell you if they have that item in stock or not. Why can't they cut out the middle man and put that information on the website somewhere? It wouldn't even necessarily need to be an exact number, just a scale from "we have a shitload of these" to "we're almost out of these" or "we don't carry these at this warehouse."

They did start doin this for some items in some warehouses, seems to have been a trial run or something.

e. apparently its powered by instacart and blows

Honey Im Homme fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 14, 2024

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Instead of calling and bothering them why don’t you go and check in person and then buy $200 of other crap regardless.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

I'm pretty sure instacart is tied to their system and in my experience has been accurate.

edit: Although I'm sure it's not always.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 14, 2024

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i dont have to go to costco this week :mad:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

bird with big dick posted:

Instead of calling and bothering them why don’t you go and check in person and then buy $200 of other crap regardless.

And then forget the original thing you went there for

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I went to Costco today even though I'm five days into a nightmarish allergic reaction that causes all my skin to blister and my eyes to swell and everything to itch like I'm sitting in a fire ant nest. Pretty chill trip, just picked up some protein and veggies, some soda water and a slice. PBUC

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Dogs got into the fridge somehow, broke a bunch of the eggs and somehow ate or hid the lemons?!? So now gotta make a mid month trip.

We moved recently and while I love the new place and the neighborhood, I mourn being a 15 minute bus ride/8 minute bike ride from church

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
For some reason they didn't carry the actual rotisserie chickens at mine until the Embaggening

gonna get one next time I go

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Let us know where the dogs hid the lemons

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Making ragu, costco beef, pork, and lamb.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Why is it purple. wtf

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

thats some YOLO BOLO

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hell yeah, there is the content this thread craves

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
One of our elite moves on Costco day is to grab a tuna steak, a pack of mangos, a pack of cucumbers and a bag of avocados. It’s a game of chance if you can get the tuna and find ripe avocados and mangos, but if you can, you’re 90% of the way to easy, delicious poke bowl dinner.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bwbd has one of the best gimmicks

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Love an acai bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012