Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Nuns with Guns posted:

What did he do with that bus that can’t actually operate as a bus anyway?

Wasn’t there a picture of it in a junkyard or vacant lot or something?

Edit: I think I imagined it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

the difficulty spike from the first to the second floors in Hades II is pretty nuts lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TBLALV posted:

Aphrodite's design is already incredibly horny lol

He's just mad it's not a waifu design

To gross dweebs like him any kind of display of sexuality from a woman that isn't inherently submissive to or for the benefit of men is a direct attack on his ego and worldview.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Snow Cone Capone posted:

the difficulty spike from the first to the second floors in Hades II is pretty nuts lol

Does it have the reduced difficulty mode like the first game had or is that not in yet? I really liked the first game but was also very bad at it and from what I've heard across the board 2 is harder overall.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TBLALV posted:

I'm actually trying to remember the last JRPG that I played to completion

I think it was Suikoden? Imma go with Suikoden.

Immediately play 10 recommendations from this thread and create a thread to document your experiences or you have to be beheaded. Sorry, it's the law.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Immediately play 10 recommendations from this thread and create a thread to document your experiences or you have to be beheaded. Sorry, it's the law.

its true. rules are rules.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Fajita Queen posted:

Does it have the reduced difficulty mode like the first game had or is that not in yet? I really liked the first game but was also very bad at it and from what I've heard across the board 2 is harder overall.

It does!

my initial feel is that it's not so much that it's harder as it is slower and more deliberate, a little meatiet I guess, which is taking some getting used to, especially since I was just replaying the first one a couple weeks ago.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Bicyclops posted:

As a little cheat code to this you can play through DQ 1 in an afternoon. Get the first one banged out.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I have seen a few people upset that Hestia, goddess of the hearth, one of the oldest of the gods, is not rendered as a thin young sexy lady. She's awesome.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Alaois posted:

its just mark kern trying to distract people from remembering the firefall bus again

thinking this was some r-worded in-game exclusive in a game i never heard of before and instead learning that it was a real thing that cost a few million dollars to hype up a game i never heard of and my day is made

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

symbolic posted:

thinking this was some r-worded in-game exclusive in a game i never heard of before and instead learning that it was a real thing that cost a few million dollars to hype up a game i never heard of and my day is made

He got fired from his own company over it. Lol

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

symbolic posted:

I used to read the Escapist and Firefall had full site ads there for like a year and a half lol.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

HopperUK posted:

I have seen a few people upset that Hestia, goddess of the hearth, one of the oldest of the gods, is not rendered as a thin young sexy lady. She's awesome.

she's great lol

I've been reaching Frasier and I did a double-take because she sounds exactly like Daphne's mom

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

TheMightyBoops posted:

I used to read the Escapist and Firefall had full site ads there for like a year and a half lol.

I worked at PAX East one year and there was an enormous Firefall booth/play area that was almost entirely deserted the entire time

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

TheMightyBoops posted:

As a little cheat code to this you can play through DQ 1 in an afternoon. Get the first one banged out.

thats very nice of you. however i will be requesting he also play DQ7, which may take him a few hundred afternoons or so. PSX of course

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i never played the og nier or drakengard but i liked automata.

jurassic bark is also my favorite futurama episode, so take my opinion for what you will.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Mark Kern: “look at my people they’re miserable. They won’t take it anymore.”

900 nerds continue to ignore him and exchange lewd fan art.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Play DQ5 and prepare to cry, bitch

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

perhaps one should simply play them all*

*not the terrible static switch ports

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

No idea who Mark Kern is and if the explanation is a video essay or embedded tweet I will be dealing with you TFR style (shooting you with a gun, actionably)

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022

Fajita Queen posted:

To gross dweebs like him any kind of display of sexuality from a woman that isn't inherently submissive to or for the benefit of men is a direct attack on his ego and worldview.

It's depressing how much sense this makes

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

No idea who Mark Kern is and if the explanation is a video essay or embedded tweet I will be dealing with you TFR style (shooting you with a gun, actionably)

He's just an idiot who shows up everywhere since he's trying to make "GamerGate 2" a thing. Not worth devoting any sort of mental energy to him really lol.

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022

Bicyclops posted:

copy posted:

its true. rules are rules.

Not a bad choice for a midlife crisis, opening up a Patreon as we speak

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

im starting gamergate 2 and its goal is to kill everyone involved in gamergate 1

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
valkyrie profile is a good jrpg

e: star ocean 2 is not necessarily a good jrpg but it's my favorite

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

There are at least 90 good JRPGs.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Dongicus posted:

im starting gamergate 2 and its goal is to kill everyone involved in gamergate 1

lol gamergate 2: judgement day

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TheMightyBoops posted:

There are at least 90 good JRPGs.

Hell, there are at least 30 and probably more before you stop listing Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy games.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JRPGs ftw

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I’ve always wanted to play the JRPG Wachenroder because it has such a good name.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

DaysBefore posted:

Former blizzard employee who pretends he was way more important at the company than he actually was for clout among nerds, made his own game studio that crashed and burned horribly, now spends 90% of his waking life whining on twitter about how the Wokes have ruined video games so that he can get patreon dollars from idiots.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Fajita Queen posted:

Former blizzard employee

lol is that why the Firefall logo looked so much like the Starcraft II one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022

Fajita Queen posted:

Former blizzard employee

All that needs to be said, really

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fajita Queen posted:

Former blizzard employee who pretends he was way more important at the company than he actually was for clout among nerds, made his own game studio that crashed and burned horribly, now spends 90% of his waking life whining on twitter about how the Wokes have ruined video games so that he can get patreon dollars from idiots.

oh that guy lol

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Leraika posted:

e: star ocean 2 is not necessarily a good jrpg but it's my favorite

incorrect. it's necessarily an extremely good jrpg

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

idk why people complain about no sexy babes in games when Fortnite Chun Li exists and made me mentally ill

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

TheMightyBoops posted:

Lol I googled it to read more about this specific CK 2 Greek thing and got this post from the paradox forums:

There is one other civ that is an option but I have a feeling they wouldn't like it

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

idk why people complain about no sexy babes in games when Fortnite Chun Li exists and made me mentally ill

BG3 is both woke and horny and receives a huge echoing silence from these kinds of clowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
The worst part of Firefall is that the in-game currency was legit called Red Beans and imagine saying that with a straight face for a second, ok? Impossible

Fajita Queen posted:

Former blizzard employee

TBLALV posted:

All that needs to be said, really

soft weeping