Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kurtofan posted:

I beat him, easy.

chaos card

What does Spider Mod say about Chaos Card's damage if you huck one at Hush?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Okay what's the secret to Brains, I'm drawing a blank trying to think of a tearless build that can make it through the dark room

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

RatHat posted:

I can post the seed if anyone wants but I don't think that'll let you start with specific items as Eden.

It will, unless the person using the seed doesn't have those items unlocked.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the game keeps getting caught on screen transitions and it's crashing a lot as well. it's getting kinda frustrating

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

omeg posted:

I don't take unidentified pills anymore, ever.

The only new pill I have an opinion about whatsoever is retro vision, because it tanks the poo poo out of my framerate.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Is it me or do certain pills/card still do the voiceover?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Power of Pecota posted:

The only new pill I have an opinion about whatsoever is retro vision, because it tanks the poo poo out of my framerate.

It's also really annoying.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So what exactly is the difference in how Hush/The Blue Womb work now post-patch? I booted up and got the message that I "unlocked" it,

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Augus posted:

So what exactly is the difference in how Hush/The Blue Womb work now post-patch? I booted up and got the message that I "unlocked" it,

Hush's area is the Blue Womb. The achievement was just bugged before.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

seriously it is the worst specifically because of this

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Dr. Fetus posted:

I don't think so. The blue womb is called "dead womb" in the soundtrack, and it clearly has a combat layer. It's going to be its own floor.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

Yeah, it sucks. Stuff like power pill seems pointless because nobody's going to pop a mystery pill in the middle of combat and I haven't gotten more than one on a run yet. I guess the one spider Infested? gives you is something?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Trilin posted:

I don't think so. The blue womb is called "dead womb" in the soundtrack, and it clearly has a combat layer. It's going to be its own floor.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that the area that looks like a blue version of the womb is the blue womb. Also, ??? is blue and is also dead. Blue = dead in BOI.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Power of Pecota posted:

Yeah, it sucks. Stuff like power pill seems pointless because nobody's going to pop a mystery pill in the middle of combat and I haven't gotten more than one on a run yet. I guess the one spider Infested? gives you is something?

Actually I always pop pills as soon as I get them because I am a man of real Courage.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

Ah, so it's the same area, just with a proper notification that it was unlocked? Got it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Actually I always pop pills as soon as I get them because I am a man of real Courage.

Same but I'm not a speedrunner. If I was I probably wouldn't bother.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I'm not a speedrunner but there aren't really positives that outweigh getting a suprise hematemesis or paralysis or r u a wizard in the middle of a room.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Lilith still completely breaks Greed Mode over her knee so that's cool. Also, are there any more unlocks after Cain starting with the paperclip?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Manatee Cannon posted:

seriously it is the worst specifically because of this

It also stays in with PhD for some reason.

My only issue with actually beating Hush is that I've gotten to him with just one heart a couple of times now and it's annoying when you manage to dodge everything and pump him full of bullets for like 5 minutes and then get sniped by some dumb bullshit near the end.

Having enemies that scale with damage seems like a really dumb idea. Like it could be done right, but the amount of scaling makes it more tedious than anything else. As soon as someone makes a mod to remove it, I'm on that poo poo.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

watho posted:

Lilith still completely breaks Greed Mode over her knee so that's cool. Also, are there any more unlocks after Cain starting with the paperclip?

I don't know, but getting the Greed Machine to 1000 gets you a cryptic message and unlocks an achievement.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm not a speedrunner but there aren't really positives that outweigh getting a suprise hematemesis or paralysis or r u a wizard in the middle of a room.

Outside of paralysis I don't really think any of those are crippling, but I keep as few red hearts as possible and R U A Wizard is more annoying and time wasting than anything.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The more I play the more I'm baffled that Sack head wasn't nerfed, or heck even made it past alpha. Maybe it should even be an Angel Room/Devil room item.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Haha, next time you get a Pokeball make sure you use it on one of those wall spiders that uses Brimstone. It's awesome

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Rorus Raz posted:

Is it me or do certain pills/card still do the voiceover?

I've had the same type of pill give me the voiceover and not give me the voiceover, so I think it's just a rare occurrence now. Which sucks, because I liked it.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

RatHat posted:

The more I play the more I'm baffled that Sack head wasn't nerfed, or heck even made it past alpha. Maybe it should even be an Angel Room/Devil room item.

You should see it combined with Lucky Rock.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Stokes posted:

You should see it combined with Lucky Rock.

Dr Fetus, Scatter Bombs, Glitter Bombs, Restock :allears:

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
some random text was added to the entries on a few items on the collection page:

Dollar says either c10 or <10
Quarter says x10 x4
Money = power says 'where are you'

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

drat, so I had a great run go sour fast from what I thought would be something awesome. :(

Started with ipecec on the first floor, followed by dr. fetus on the next, which turned my shots into bob bombs that would explode on contact with enemies/objects, and turning me immune to explosive damage.

When I found quad shot spider in the caves I thought it was going to be super awesome, but instead the bombs would explode on themselves most of the time, basically turning it into a kamikaze run, only the explosion would send me flying. When I found death's touch I thought for sure it was going to make the bombs stop blowing each other up... sadly it did not.

Needless to say while I one shotted every boss I came across, I lost to the hush.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

man, Speed! is annoying. not even the buffed Doctor Fetus could carry me to the very end.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Lil' Horn has killed itself with one of its bombs way more than I've actually killed it myself.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
https://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/3rjx77/elephant/

quote:

Note: this isnt a debate thread, im going to post this here and leave it in hopes i can address a few things without spoiling anything else for those that care. i wont be responding to comments or reading them.

im sure most of you read my tweets explaining what happened with the latest updates addition of missing items. you can believe what you want, but i assure you most of the misconceptions causing issue revolve around stuff i cant address yet as well as random chance and the fact that we probably shouldn't have tossed the update up on he 109 hour when it was done on 108.. we thought we were having fun with your obsession with the number 109 but in the end it imploded and i woke up to the most confusing and jaw dropping barrage of tweets ive ever seen.

the basic facts: (there will some holes that will be filled in on a later blog post )

the missing items were tied to a bug and a few other launch build issues and not at all intended to be missing from the game.

we werent aware of the missing items at all for a few days after launch, thought they werent found yet or locked, it wasnt till i started testing with my debug steam copy that i saw that quite a few items were just gone from the game completely.

i tried to address this without breaking the 4th wall on twitter and even showed 2 items so people knew the game for sure features 120+ but it ended up sending people down another path that i tried to stop by tweeting for people to not assume anything.. but the snowball kept rolling

everyone was off for 2 days after the launch and day 1 patch so there wasnt anything we could do till tuesday.

we had the patch fixed roughly 1-2 hours before we put it up but thought it would be fun to post it on the day associated with the donation machine bug that people seemed obsessed over so people didnt lose interest in exploring the unknown... hoping that people would see the 109 hour as more of a start of something than finish.. but sadly we all know how it ended.

i really didnt care that much about the datamining and honestly dont see it at as an issue at this point.. i like to joke about stuff that ive find annoying or disheartening and it comes through really bad via text.

im not remotely a petty person, i know you dont know me personally but its just not at all something in me.. and i sure as hell wouldnt attempt to gently caress over a fan base.. i mean poo poo i made this dlc with the fans in mind, 10-15% of the games content was made by you guys.. its just illogical to think i would try to upset or lie to a group of people i reach out to for feedback and ideas.

anyway like i said, the small holes in this story (that i know for a fact more than a few of you know the reasons for) will all be addressed in a postmortem of what i can almost call a social experiment at this point will eventually see the light of day.. one day.

again thanks for those of you who are logical and have become the voice of reason in a few of these threads, you guys give me hope.

i realize that quite a few of you feel slighted by large companies when it comes to content and manipulation.. but not everyone is the devil dudes and sometimes you find what appears to be logical in simple coincidences.

-Edmund

I still don't get why he thought that doing the cryptic hints was in anyway a good idea if it wasn't related to some big secret, but at least he admits he made a mistake

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

Power of Pecota posted:

i am a speedrunner. there absolutely are positives that can outweigh those bad pills! speed up, tears up, 48 hour energy, and telepills can all lead to big timesaves. I usually take unknown pills. sometimes I don't. there are a lot of factors that go into it

oh wait are you talking about taking pills immediately when you are fighting enemies? yeah nevermind

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

moral of the story: you can get cute with your fanbase after you can successfully launch a patch without a bunch of bugs, also if you're the kind of guy who can never tell a joke then probably just be honest in these circumstances

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

quote:

it wasnt till i started testing with my debug steam copy that i saw that quite a few items were just gone from the game completely.

Seems like something that should've been checked, I don't know, before the game went live?

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
First, I know it's Reddit, but man, it's really sad that Edmund didn't bother with proper punctuation/capitalization in his apology.

Edmund posted:

the missing items were tied to a bug and a few other launch build issues and not at all intended to be missing from the game.

we werent aware of the missing items at all for a few days after launch, thought they werent found yet or locked, it wasnt till i started testing with my debug steam copy that i saw that quite a few items were just gone from the game completely.

Umm... the items were plainly missing in an obvious way, and they just didn't believe the community that the items were missing at first. This is a community that had Real Platinum God in Rebirth within the first few days after launch, and they didn't trust or expect that the community would put that same effort into the expansion?

quote:

i tried to address this without breaking the 4th wall on twitter and even showed 2 items so people knew the game for sure features 120+ but it ended up sending people down another path that i tried to stop by tweeting for people to not assume anything.. but the snowball kept rolling

Yeah, turns out when you communicate via cryptic bullshit people often misunderstand! Who knew!

quote:

everyone was off for 2 days after the launch and day 1 patch so there wasnt anything we could do till tuesday.

This right here is the most baffling part. They released a game that is complicated and known for having weird bugs. They are a company that has released many games in the past that have had major issues found within a short time after launch. As a company they made the decision for everyone to go on holiday a day after the launch of the game.

I know game dev is tough. I know crunch was probably insane. I just don't understand how Tyrone thought that would be okay.

Post-launch support is factored into most dev cycles. It seems incredibly naive to think they could launch the expansion and then just go on holiday like YOLO we finished.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Nov 5, 2015

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Ed's games will never be bug free. The sooner you accept his curse, the better.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
People took a couple days off while MY VIDEOGAME was broken :qqsay:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
When you kill the Lamb are you locked in the room like the Mom fight? Or can you back out and go kill Mega Satan?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

RatHat posted:

When you kill the Lamb are you locked in the room like the Mom fight? Or can you back out and go kill Mega Satan?

You're free to do whatever until you touch the chest or kill Mega Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yeah, I don't get why you would release a game on a Friday if you weren't having your crew work the weekend. Especially if you are literally incapable of releasing a game that isn't a buggy mess.