Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's actually funnier than Strekken because that game wasn't supposed to do half of the stuff this game was at launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
sf5 didn't have wacky poo poo in it's promotion like a tournament with WWE style intros for every player and had less people obviously being paid money to support it

sf5 doesn't have megaman going to his home planet, jin kick glitch, projectile colisions that crash the game or raven/rolento jabbing you for 90 seconds

the humor in sf5 is entirely the dark/sad kind of humor where you have to laugh at how capcom keeps loving up in dumb ways because otherwise you'd cry, while strekken had both that and just outright goofy poo poo

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Real hurthling! posted:

sfv should win comedy game of the year easily. southpark doesn't have a chance

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It's game of the year for 2016, at least when you acknowledge that 2016 is a dark dark year full of death, pain and fear that challenges even this broke brained generations ability to stay laughing in the face of it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Pomp posted:

and it's not that every game is bad, it's that it's bad more than is acceptable, even 5 bars are a crapshoot, and it shits out for long periods of time in ways that I've only seen GGPO BRIEFLY do through 300 ping + me playing on wifi

This is pretty much it. I'm not expecting 100% perfect matches but I go into ranked for an hour and I get this awful loving rollback seemingly every 3 matches. It's far below acceptable and it's really really sad that the shoddy online just further removes from this game. I should not be getting rollback in Europe practically ever.

Like, I literally just played a Ryu who was doing the most random poo poo ever. He threw fireballs at bad ranges, kept dp-ing when I was at fullscreen, etc. I beat him, he didn't want a rematch. A couple minutes later, I get put against him again, except this time he's rolling back from fullscreen to in my face immediately. Even though the rollback is crazy I can tell he's now playing more solid than before. He presumably had the crazy rollback the first match.

e: I just got him again a third time, I still have the absolutely insane rollback. I haven't been penalized for quitting all these god-awful matches in the first round yet.

God, this game is so disappointing. :(

rednecked_crake fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 17, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Now imagine you tried playing online in South America, land of the 1MB upload and bad pipes. Even the good anti-airs are bad anti-airs.

Weirdly enough SF4's netcode seemed more "predictable". Like, I can't say it was better, but I knew what I was getting into most of the time. SFV feels like a complete crapshoot when you set it to 5 bars only, and even when it feels good you're left wondering if it was the same for the other guy. You wouldn't believe the amount of petty slapfights in the FB group because someone quit on a laggy-rear end match and the other guy went "but it wasn't laggy here you RQ liar". You can't even call BS on either side because how would you know anyway? It feels like it handles packet loss about as well as the default Melty Blood netcode too.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Dias posted:

Now imagine you tried playing online in South America, land of the 1MB upload and bad pipes. Even the good anti-airs are bad anti-airs.

Weirdly enough SF4's netcode seemed more "predictable". Like, I can't say it was better, but I knew what I was getting into most of the time. SFV feels like a complete crapshoot when you set it to 5 bars only, and even when it feels good you're left wondering if it was the same for the other guy. You wouldn't believe the amount of petty slapfights in the FB group because someone quit on a laggy-rear end match and the other guy went "but it wasn't laggy here you RQ liar". You can't even call BS on either side because how would you know anyway? It feels like it handles packet loss about as well as the default Melty Blood netcode too.

While I still prefer SFV netcode over all I will agree it's less predictable. When you had a bad connection in SFIV you could kind of work around it, in this you're just hosed until it's over.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I played a good ryu in a lobby and had fun. If lobby flags worked then most of my complaints would evaporate for the year. I'd honestly rather have the game running in the background while hosting a lobby for half an hour until a good EU player joins than put up with ranked and the lovely rollback in ranked.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I played a good ryu in a lobby and had fun. If lobby flags worked then most of my complaints would evaporate for the year. I'd honestly rather have the game running in the background while hosting a lobby for half an hour until a good EU player joins than put up with ranked and the lovely rollback in ranked.

there's like a special gamer router that you can blow money on that lets you get only connections in a certain radius or something like that. people were buying it to make mkx playable on its original netcode. probably a bigger waste than sfv tho

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Real hurthling! posted:

there's like a special gamer router that you can blow money on that lets you get only connections in a certain radius or something like that. people were buying it to make mkx playable on its original netcode. probably a bigger waste than sfv tho

This router: https://netduma.com/

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I mean something positive to say in the sf5 thread.

Kof 13 had the worst netcode I've ever seen

Under Night In Birth had the best.

Everything else fell somewhere in between for me.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Also man I used to think sf4 was boring to watch but I at least got to see poison rose etc occasionally.

I feel like fang is the most exciting character i see.

Everything else is nash nash nash ken ken ken nash ken ken nash ken necalli, necalli, ken ken nash

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

SectumSempra posted:

Also man I used to think sf4 was boring to watch but I at least got to see poison rose etc occasionally.

I feel like fang is the most exciting character i see.

Everything else is nash nash nash ken ken ken nash ken ken nash ken necalli, necalli, ken ken nash

you forgot air lightning legs.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
SFV is the Steam weekend deal for all those people who lurk this thread and somehow don't have a super negative opinion of it

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
if you don't own sfv and havent had a chance to hate it yet, you should buy and return it within 2 hours just to see how awful it really is

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zand posted:

if you don't own sfv and havent had a chance to hate it yet, you should buy and return it within 2 hours just to see how awful it really is

the in game updates you'd have to pull probably take most of that time

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
instant air lightning legs would be cool in a game where things like that were things

e not marvel 3

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

apple posted:

It's pretty obvious CFN isn't built to properly track the right information to punish RQs. They likely just wait for match results and punish both players if there's a discrepancy because they have no info to make any distinctions on who did it.

Which is just depressing, because building a second connection from each player for quorum back to their matchmaker is a trivial piece of work.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/766647345165443073

It's coming home

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Daigo gonna parry every hit of that 50 sb combo on justin next year

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rq rules have been tested and confirmed.
All players involved in 3 lost connections in a 2 hr period lose 1000lp and get a 24 hr ban from online.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

All players involved in 3 lost connections in a 2 hr period lose 1000lp and get a 24 hr ban from online.

Really it's a mercy killing, sometimes you have to save people from themselves.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Did they hand development over to Todd Margaret or something?

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Real hurthling! posted:

Source? I believe it but it'd be nice to have something to point people to other than hearsay

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

apple posted:

Source? I believe it but it'd be nice to have something to point people to other than hearsay

Vesper
https://youtu.be/cwAvwDpDBxQ

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm not saying he is wrong but that video is just him saying 'he heard' a lot

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

There's a screen cap on Eventhubs I think they pulled it from Twitter or something

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...-rage-quitters/

dog house fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 19, 2016

apple
May 18, 2003

Honestly the only knowledgable player that's even mentioned it happening to them is Tampa Bison and he's been oddly quiet about it since it happened so for now there's really no proof I guess :shrug:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
rq penalties for both sides involved have been in for months. why would it change now?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I have to apologise to this thread for accusing it of overreacting to sfv. It is in fact a piece of poo poo, I just wanted to believe so bad.

All over Xrd now, and far happier for it

apple
May 18, 2003

It's just a formality at this point but it's good to show video proof since they technically changed it; supposedly it works even if you do casual matches so I can test it later tonight with someone just for the heck of it

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Just started playing Nash and it seems like easy mode.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Spuckuk posted:

I have to apologise to this thread for accusing it of overreacting to sfv. It is in fact a piece of poo poo, I just wanted to believe so bad.

All over Xrd now, and far happier for it

with you, brother, except Overwatch and ST instead of eggs hard.

we now live in a world where, if I get ragequit on in street fighter twice in two hours, I have to stop playing because it's no longer worth the risk of being banned.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Sade posted:

with you, brother, except Overwatch and ST instead of eggs hard.

we now live in a world where, if I get ragequit on in street fighter twice in two hours, I have to stop playing because it's no longer worth the risk of being banned.

Getting banned AND losing ladder points.
Just because 3 people ragequit on you and Capcom are totally loving incompetent.

<-

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

oh look tournaments, oh look necalli ken nash. occasionally chun li for the ones who want to put effort in for some reason

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Alex is the grave I will die in if necessary.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
He is really fun for some reason that I can't quite explain. Don't think I've ever gotten into a grappler-type before (does Sol Badguy's having a command grab count?). To further add to my shame, I will probably drop a few bucks for colors.

For clarity, was it established we still get hosed by rage quitters in casual matches? I mean reason would suggest it wouldn't be a problem since there's no points involved, but.. This is SFV we're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

That's cool. Other grapplers you might have heard of are 98 Clark, diamon; maybe xrd sol

There's a whole world out there you lothire. Don't settle...yet