Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Raluek posted:

it sure is on the weekend

+1

The one closest to me is impossible to deal with on the weekends. I end up going to Costco at like 3pm on a Tuesday. It's absolute chaos. They need to raise the membership fee to like 300 bucks a year or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
no i'm pretty sure they don't need to be assholes about people poorer than you actually

like I get the 'wow this is insane I hate it' complaint, but that's absolutely a horrific way to """solve""" the problem

e: i don't think you meant it literally, you were frustrated by costco busy hours hell, I get that. been there. we all have. but that idea fuckin sucks. I'm sure we can find a better one but you'll have to buy a 24 pack of ideas, though :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 15, 2024

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Memorial day coming up so if you gotta go, then probably better to go sooner rather than on the weekend.

New coupon book started up, floss is on sale right when I'm about to run out. Gotta love it

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

skipdogg posted:

+1

The one closest to me is impossible to deal with on the weekends. I end up going to Costco at like 3pm on a Tuesday. It's absolute chaos. They need to raise the membership fee to like 300 bucks a year or something.

They need three times as many, but profits would be lower per location, and Wall Street can't handle that.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Psion posted:

no i'm pretty sure they don't need to be assholes about people poorer than you actually

like I get the 'wow this is insane I hate it' complaint, but that's absolutely a horrific way to """solve""" the problem

e: i don't think you meant it literally, you were frustrated by costco busy hours hell, I get that. been there. we all have. but that idea fuckin sucks. I'm sure we can find a better one but you'll have to buy a 24 pack of ideas, though :v:

Quoting this post to call out my most hated Costco experience is the North Scottsdale location because of the rich assholes and boomers.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

skipdogg posted:

+1

I just have my housekeeper do the shopping.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

bird with big dick posted:

Making ragu, costco beef, pork, and lamb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLg04uu2j2o

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

skipdogg posted:

+1

Order online if you don't want to deal with the crowds rather than demanding the exclude the poors.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Elitists should be allowed to invent new levels of Executive Membership for large sums of moolah to appease their egos, and the money should go to lowering prices for all Costkind

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Instead, make a Costco where boomers are banned. It's not a density problem, it's all the olds blocking isles.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If its busy that just means there are more people with whom you can share your unsolicited opinion on products with

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I think the worst elitist take I saw was somebody opining that costco should have subsidized EV charging and a valet service for them while they're in costco. see, they can't be bothered to move their own EV off the charger, so an employee should do it for them while they deign to grace Costco with their presence (probably hogging samples at the table and parking their cart at the end of an aisle)

layers to that one like a nesting doll

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

If its busy that just means there are more people with whom you can share your unsolicited opinion on products with

this, at least, does not happen at my costco. small favors!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Renegret posted:

Instead, make a Costco where boomers are banned. It's not a density problem, it's all the olds blocking isles.

:hmmyes:

This would solve so many problems.

Also, your membership is suspended for a month if you leave your shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot just because.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's pretty much my only complaint when I go to Costco. Morons just moseying around wherever they want and blocking the aisles with zero self-awareness. And if you are walking with a cart down an aisle stay on the right loving side (unless you are actually grabbing something from the left side)!

THIS IS AMERICA!!!!

:911:

Every time I get home from Costco I have to wind down for a bit due to the people there causing me so much frustration.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's pretty much my only complaint when I go to Costco. Morons just moseying around wherever they want and blocking the aisles with zero self-awareness. And if you are walking with a cart down an aisle stay on the right loving side (unless you are actually grabbing something from the left side)!

THIS IS AMERICA!!!!

Every time I get home from Costco I have to wind down for a bit due to the people there causing me so much frustration.

yes. YES.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

:hmmyes:

This would solve so many problems.

Also, your membership is suspended for a month if you leave your shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot just because.

YES

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Yeah I usually only go to Costco during the quiet time. It's the one store I get incredibly irritated incredibly quickly.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Psion posted:

I think the worst elitist take I saw was somebody opining that costco should have subsidized EV charging and a valet service for them while they're in costco. see, they can't be bothered to move their own EV off the charger, so an employee should do it for them while they deign to grace Costco with their presence (probably hogging samples at the table and parking their cart at the end of an aisle)

layers to that one like a nesting doll

this, at least, does not happen at my costco. small favors!
Just make it a paid service so rich people are subsidizing all our Costco purchases. Hell, let people pay for access to express lines. Whatever :shepspends:

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Ok obviously it would be a poo poo thing to raise annual membership to 300, my brain jumped to Disney's way of doing crowd control which is to raise prices, but I'm just over dealing with my local Costco. Parking is impossible, the food court is constantly backed up at least 20 to 30 minutes, it's insanely crowded and impossible to move around in once you do find a parking spot, then you're getting pushed to self checkout with no scan guns. The entire experience frankly loving sucks. My Costco spend is down 80% in the last couple years. Last year my reward check was 55 dollars. Didn't even break even on the Executive Membership. If it wasn't for cat litter I'm at the point I'd probably cancel the membership I've had since '06.

Compared to the warehouse club that shall not be named, who offers mobile scan and go, has ample parking, mobile food court ordering, scan guns if you do choose to self check, and in general just a better overall experience.

I realize this is a very localized problem. My area has seen massive growth the last few years, and Costco is a very popular place to shop. It's just not worth the hassle to me anymore. I love Costco, I want to shop there, I much rather spend my money at Costco than at other stores or online. The experience is just so bad right now I only deal with it when I need to buy cat litter.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

On a positive note, I did get insanely lucky last weekend, getting the up-front parking spot right next to the handicap parking stall. On a weekend. On the first pass.

I'm very glad my go-to Costco doesn't actually have many logistics problems. Aisles are wide and self-checkout is usually well-staffed so it's pretty quick.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dango Bango posted:

On a positive note, I did get insanely lucky last weekend, getting the up-front parking spot right next to the handicap parking stall. On a weekend. On the first pass.

I'm very glad my go-to Costco doesn't actually have many logistics problems. Aisles are wide and self-checkout is usually well-staffed so it's pretty quick.

the lot can be 99% empty and I'm still parking in the very far back

also we have enough costcos here each one gets crowded but not Insanely Overpacked. the solution is more Costcos in your area, surely.

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

bird with big dick posted:

Making ragu, costco beef, pork, and lamb.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Dango Bango posted:

Me too. Hell, my dodge ram spanned 3 stalls including the ADA, was like 20' to the entrance

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

skipdogg posted:

Ok obviously it would be a poo poo thing to raise annual membership to 300, my brain jumped to Disney's way of doing crowd control which is to raise prices, but I'm just over dealing with my local Costco. Parking is impossible, the food court is constantly backed up at least 20 to 30 minutes, it's insanely crowded and impossible to move around in once you do find a parking spot, then you're getting pushed to self checkout with no scan guns. The entire experience frankly loving sucks. My Costco spend is down 80% in the last couple years. Last year my reward check was 55 dollars. Didn't even break even on the Executive Membership. If it wasn't for cat litter I'm at the point I'd probably cancel the membership I've had since '06.

Compared to the warehouse club that shall not be named, who offers mobile scan and go, has ample parking, mobile food court ordering, scan guns if you do choose to self check, and in general just a better overall experience.

I realize this is a very localized problem. My area has seen massive growth the last few years, and Costco is a very popular place to shop. It's just not worth the hassle to me anymore. I love Costco, I want to shop there, I much rather spend my money at Costco than at other stores or online. The experience is just so bad right now I only deal with it when I need to buy cat litter.

Skill issue

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

skipdogg posted:

If you hate the experience so much just don't go or order online?

Edit here you go:

https://www.costco.com/scoop-away-complete-performance-plus%2c-scented-cat-litter%2c-42-pounds.product.4000176508.html

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 16, 2024

Bishop Beo
Jul 3, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

THIS IS AMERICA!!!!

gonna start attaching a bike bell to my cart, screaming “ON YOUR LEFT” as I rush past ringing like mad

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bishop Beo posted:

gonna start attaching a bike bell to my cart, screaming “ON YOUR LEFT” as I rush past ringing like mad

*people in front of you jump to the left*

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bishop Beo posted:

Hey, that's not a bad idea. Maybe something slightly more aggressive though, like a semi-truck horn.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Does Costco sell airhorns?

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Brother Tadger posted:

Does Costco sell airhorns?

Only in six packs.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

lmao

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

skipdogg posted:

:yossame:

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I'd be very happy if they had earlier hours, even if just a couple days a week. I'm always up, walked the dogs, ate breakfast, and ready to get chores done by 7-7:30 on weekends. I'd even pay for executive or whatever for the option.

Didn't something like that used to exist? Executive doesn't quite pencil out for our household, as it stands, but that would be a big swing for it.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
There was geriatric hours during COVID

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Big Mac posted:

I'd be very happy if they had earlier hours, even if just a couple days a week. I'm always up, walked the dogs, ate breakfast, and ready to get chores done by 7-7:30 on weekends.

even Aldi opening at 9 am bothers me cause I just want to get my groceries earlier sometimes

mmm that giant cookie at the costco food court though

Somec
Jul 15, 2006

Big Mac posted:

I'd be very happy if they had earlier hours, even if just a couple days a week. I'm always up, walked the dogs, ate breakfast, and ready to get chores done by 7-7:30 on weekends. I'd even pay for executive or whatever for the option.

Didn't something like that used to exist? Executive doesn't quite pencil out for our household, as it stands, but that would be a big swing for it.

They had early hours for old folks back in the pandemic days

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Honestly if it was $10 every time you showed up before 9, I'd do it. Not to exclude people, just to bribe the staff to let me in

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

skipdogg posted:

That sucks man. Sorry to hear it.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Ban samples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

The earlier you go the more old folks there are though. Weekday evenings are the best at my store, people mean business.