Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Weekday evenings are the best at my store, people mean business.

Hmm, sounds like my kinda crowd. I should try that sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

The problem with early Costco is the take home pizza's dough is a little under fermented.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

SirPablo posted:

Ban samples

You dont even need to ban then. Just make them Saturdays only again.

I was there on a Tuesday at 1 30pm last week and there were samples carts set 2 per aisle in the deli and all it takes is one clueless bumbling rear end in a top hat parking their cart dead center to destroy all flow.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I went yesterday. As I was leaving, some moron sat in their car for three minutes while I loaded my car. The whole time there was an open spot three spaces behind them.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
consider it a compliment on how expertly chosen your parking place was

a parking master and you didn't even know it

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

SirPablo posted:

I went yesterday. As I was leaving, some moron sat in their car for three minutes while I loaded my car. The whole time there was an open spot three spaces behind them.

I would go back inside and get a hot dog before leaving

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

SirPablo posted:

You unloaded slower and slower as a punitive lesson, right?

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

hope and vaseline posted:

:emptyquote:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

hope and vaseline posted:

Roki B posted:

You unloaded slower and slower as a punitive lesson, right?

Yes I should have, but alas I just wanted to :frogout:

From last summer but I just watched this last night.

https://www.history.com/shows/the-mega-brands-that-built-america/season-1/episode-1

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Also I had premium ice cream, not gonna let that melt!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

How premium was it?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
In about a week there will now be 3 Costco's in my immediate area (up from 1 a year ago - Roseville CA 95661) and even with the 2 new ones, they will all still be annoying/crushed with the local "Real Housewives of the Galleria Mall/Bass Pro Shops Dad" dipshits meandering around and yelling on their phones and I'll end up going down to the one 20 miles away in the "hood" that has more efficient shoppers (but unfortunately much shittier wine selections).

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 16, 2024

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
If you're on a mission and don't care about samples, sliding under the door as it is getting rolled down is the no-nonsense Costco experience

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

If you're on a mission and don't care about samples, sliding under the door as it is getting rolled down is the no-nonsense Costco experience

One weird trick, retail employees hate him

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
They roll it 30 minutes before close :shrug:

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

silicone thrills posted:

I was there on a Tuesday at 1 30pm last week and there were samples carts set 2 per aisle in the deli and all it takes is one clueless bumbling rear end in a top hat parking their cart dead center to destroy all flow.

Am I the only one that just pushes traffic blocking unattended carts off to the side and out of the way? Maybe it’s a slightly dick move but so is leaving your cart dead center in the aisle next to the sample station while you wander 7 items away in the freezer section, Janice.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I never use a cart myself so it's pretty easy to maneuver around the slowpokes/isle blockers but I will 100% push an unattended cart out of my way if necessary.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I took my bike to Costco this last weekend because I discovered a traffic seperated bike path can get me within an intersection of the store from my home. It was an interesting experience. They certainly don't really envision people visiting there with a bike as I had to lock up at a parking sign. But it was a lot easier to wheel around the parking lot not having to deal with all the traffic. Got some weird looks from people who didn't really expect to see a bike, let alone a folding one there.

I considered taking my bike inside in shopping cart mode but wanted to see how it would be like if I were to take a trailer or cargo bike instead.

You really have to be much more careful with what you grab as you're really limited in what you can take with your bags/panniers.

Maybe if I go again I'll take some pictures. Though next time I'd go with a trailer for my bike to actually carry a more meaningful amount of stuff.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Porfiriato posted:

Am I the only one that just pushes traffic blocking unattended carts off to the side and out of the way? Maybe it’s a slightly dick move but so is leaving your cart dead center in the aisle next to the sample station while you wander 7 items away in the freezer section, Janice.

In this particular case the lady was standing at her cart like feeding the sample to her kid while standing in dead center between the 2 sample stations blocking off the deli cases.

Ill absolutely move a cart if I see no one attending it near by.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

One weird trick, retail employees hate him
They probably do hate him. Additional work near closing time likely sucks.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

I was on my way back from work today and stopped in at Costco to grab a late lunch from the food court. Tried the turkey sandwich for the first time. I think it's a bit overpriced, but on the other hand, it's perfectly in line with prices for other (and inferior) fast food options. It wasn't terrible, it was filling, and it didn't leave my work truck smelling of cooking grease. A better value proposition than the roast beef sandwich was at $10, but if I were paying with my own money, I'd stick with the hot dog combo.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Haha those idiots shutter the doors to keep people from coming in a half hour before closing! Turns out I'm too smart for the wage workers to be left in peace to count their drawers and stock, though. They love seeing me amble in!

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Lmao at not being allowed to come into a retail store half an hour before closing, goons are something else

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

SirPablo posted:

Ban samples

I love samples as much as the next rear end in a top hat, but if you chose to go during sample time, that's on you. Samples leave after prime time. All your traffic and parking would improve too.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Zero VGS posted:

I love samples as much as the next rear end in a top hat, but if you chose to go during sample time, that's on you. Samples leave after prime time. All your traffic and parking would improve too.

Sample time is literally all the time now is what im saying. I used to specifically avoid sample days and now its ALL THE TIME

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

silicone thrills posted:

Sample time is literally all the time now is what im saying. I used to specifically avoid sample days and now its ALL THE TIME

I've never heard of that. In Boston the 3rd party reps practically work bankers hours.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

silicone thrills posted:

Have you considered Sam’s Club? They serve the uncouth.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

BJ's would be the other club warehouse competition on the east coast.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I never see samples out but I also go pretty much exclusively after 5pm on weekdays only.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The staff were super aggressive about pushing people to self checkout at the last stco I went to. I had tell the lady to stop yelling at me because I wasn’t going to do it.

It’s a poo poo system and I may not be a boomer but I’ll channel one when I say I don’t pay a membership fee to scan my own stuff.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees

Keyser_Soze posted:

In about a week there will now be 3 Costco's in my immediate area (up from 1 a year ago - Roseville CA 95661) and even with the 2 new ones, they will all still be annoying/crushed with the local "Real Housewives of the Galleria Mall/Bass Pro Shops Dad" dipshits meandering around and yelling on their phones and I'll end up going down to the one 20 miles away in the "hood" that has more efficient shoppers (but unfortunately much shittier wine selections).
Let's be clear the mistake here is on your end living in Roseville.

I'll never move back. I pray.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Zero VGS posted:

My dude I was there at 4 PM on a Wednesday. That's not what I would call Prime Time, but the loving samples were everywhere!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Zero VGS posted:

Mind sharing the sample schedule? It always seems pretty random to me unless I'm missing something about Thursdays at 11am.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i had no idea there was sample days either they seem to always have them when i go

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I go friday mornings and its fantastic

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I usually end up at costco on like tuesdays at 10-11am because it feels like the least amount of people possible and i can work my schedule around it. I get melt down levels of stressed around crowds.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Renegret posted:

Mind sharing the sample schedule? It always seems pretty random to me unless I'm missing something about Thursdays at 11am.

I have never seen samples *ever* within the last three hours of closing, like 5:30pm to 8:30pm. But again this is New England locations. Maybe they have nothing better to do in California.

Just ask the local sample person and they'll tell you, all of them come and go at about the same time unless they run out early.

But yeah, the closer to closing the better the shopping experience for me, with the caveat, they jump the gun on stopping food court and rotisserie chickens around the final 45 minutes.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Big Mac posted:

Didn't something like that used to exist? Executive doesn't quite pencil out for our household, as it stands, but that would be a big swing for it.

They used to for business (and early executive when it was considered a type of business membership). You'd also get free coffee way back in the day.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

pencilhands posted:

Lmao at not being allowed to come into a retail store half an hour before closing, goons are something else

i think that guy's costco is just loving up. they don't normally roll down the door until at least 5min past close.

Nitrousoxide posted:

I took my bike to Costco this last weekend because I discovered a traffic seperated bike path can get me within an intersection of the store from my home. It was an interesting experience. They certainly don't really envision people visiting there with a bike as I had to lock up at a parking sign. But it was a lot easier to wheel around the parking lot not having to deal with all the traffic. Got some weird looks from people who didn't really expect to see a bike, let alone a folding one there.

I considered taking my bike inside in shopping cart mode but wanted to see how it would be like if I were to take a trailer or cargo bike instead.

You really have to be much more careful with what you grab as you're really limited in what you can take with your bags/panniers.

Maybe if I go again I'll take some pictures. Though next time I'd go with a trailer for my bike to actually carry a more meaningful amount of stuff.

this one too. we have a bike rack next to the tire center, ive taken my bike to cost   co a number of times. its fine. why is your costco failing to provide for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
what on earth is up with the thread title? You people are monsters