Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

It's because they're a retard death cult. There's no huge rush away from Trump on the right right now, they're all with him. Same people pitching it now are the same people who were fooled by Mormons pretending they were every bit as bad as evangelicals but whoops, turns out Trump took them by 25 points

I just hope 2018 is a bloodbath in the house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
in retrospect i should've become a geologist

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Solarin posted:

I just hope 2018 is a bloodbath in the house

If it's not one, + another bloodbath in gubernatorial races, it's pretty much the end of Democracy in this country. GOP already have poo poo set up so that they massively lose the popular vote but retain absolute power, and they're going to roll out NC-style suppression to every state they control. 4 years of that + they get to redistrict means it's all over except for the bloodshed

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

zeal posted:

in retrospect i should've become a geologist

How much do you value your soul and your children

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

What, did someone challenge Kushner to a duel?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

But why though.

They don't say why. Why.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

look at Santorum nodding along, he is just as closeted as me! he knew exactly what i was sayin'! :omarcomin:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Also how is your liver doing

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

If it's not one, + another bloodbath in gubernatorial races, it's pretty much the end of Democracy in this country. GOP already have poo poo set up so that they massively lose the popular vote but retain absolute power, and they're going to roll out NC-style suppression to every state they control. 4 years of that + they get to redistrict means it's all over except for the bloodshed

hope the recession hits in time to gently caress over the GOP incumbents bigly

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Solarin posted:

hope the recession hits in time to gently caress over the GOP incumbents bigly

"It took all week, but we've got a budget bill to keep the government funded through 2018, good job guys!"

Trump, smashing the VETO stamp on it: "tough poo poo, we're gonna RENEGOTIATE WITH MY DEAL MAKING SKILLS"

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

TheBigAristotle posted:

Very cruel, Lindsey. VERY cruel.

i'm a bad little thing

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

i'm a bad little thing

not that little

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Solarin posted:

someone here suggested that republicans who get disgusted with the state of GOP governance start to identify as independents which is why poll results are so insanely skewed like that. Even still I can't believe how high his approval is with republicans, there must be some kind of sunk cost fallacy gripping their brains to make them think this is fine and of course trump will mature into a real leader any day now

Repubs are the people who were spanked into line as kids and will be R til they die

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

we all should have, but then we took chemistry, and then they introduced stoichometry, and it was over from there!

i grew up in a lovely small stupid town and I still don't get the reason why everyone is like 'man im dumb as gently caress. look at how dumb I am. its good"

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016
https://twitter.com/Techmeme/status/849047904140623872

the_donald should be funnier now

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Grondoth posted:

But why though.

They don't say why. Why.

Abortion, the same thing bush used to take similar action

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

naw they got this out of their system in a few hours a couple days back

now if anybody posts anything negative about ISPs selling their browsing history they get banned and the post deleted

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Epic High Five posted:

"It took all week, but we've got a budget bill to keep the government funded through 2018, good job guys!"

Trump, smashing the VETO stamp on it: "tough poo poo, we're gonna RENEGOTIATE WITH MY DEAL MAKING SKILLS"

It's a good thing congress is going to take a well deserved 2 week vacation right before the budget deathknell where trump vetos because the cuts aren't bigly enough and oh oops not enough time left to work around him.

Can someone remind me why congress gets summer vacation, and months of vacation? I only get PTO.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

eonwe posted:

i grew up in a lovely small stupid town and I still don't get the reason why everyone is like 'man im dumb as gently caress. look at how dumb I am. its good"

aping socrates?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

It's a good thing congress is going to take a well deserved 2 week vacation right before the budget deathknell where trump vetos because the cuts aren't bigly enough and oh oops not enough time left to work around him.

Can someone remind me why congress gets summer vacation, and months of vacation? I only get PTO.

you're lucky to get that lmao

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Grondoth posted:

But why though.

They don't say why. Why.

probably encouraged condom use not abstinence only like god intended

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Grondoth posted:

But why though.

They don't say why. Why.

gently caress them that's why.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

and if congress didn't get so much time off we wouldn't have so many videos of people screaming at them

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

whats it like getting paid time off?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lawman 0 posted:

How much do you value your soul and your children

Did you go into oil?

My degree was in geology cuz I had to pick something and it was interesting but you either go into petroleum extraction or work real hard (and be smarter than me) and have a rare small chance at research for the gov, like one of those cool posts at hawaii. I tried applying for those for a couple years but eventually gave up the dream :(

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Asproigerosis posted:

Ostensibly because they traditionally have day jobs and should spend a fair amount of time in their own states/districts interacting with their constituents and learning what they need.

Really because they set their own schedules and need lots of time for campaigning, fund raising, and enjoying the high life.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

whats it like getting paid time off?

Great as long as I never have a medical or family emergency (all PTO must be purged before FMLA kicks in).

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

because they literally can

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Grondoth posted:

But why though.

They don't say why. Why.

because womans and poors = bad

and because that money could be used to buy bear-rider simulator 2017 for putin (for him to play and unwind after a hard day murdering the agents of big gay, while his real bear is at the repair shop), and also a spray tan for trump's anus

DUH

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Lawman 0 posted:

Also how is your liver doing

i don't check often; I just lay off whenever my eyes start to yellow, and that has bought me a year at a time so far, so pretty good, all told

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump is bad

thats all i can rly say

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

Great as long as I never have a medical or family emergency (all PTO must be purged before FMLA kicks in).

haha you dont get fired for being sick? shut your god damned mouth

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

triple sulk posted:

trump is bad

thats all i can rly say

whoa whoa

but have you considered

that maybe

trump is bad

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Trump may actually be good.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

triple sulk posted:

trump is bad

thats all i can rly say

You're wrong.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

not that little

hun, i'm aware of my puffiness, it's all part of my charm :wink:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
my unddrgrad was poli sci and i now work in software dev because lol @ goi g to law schoo these days

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
wait yeah Trump is actually bad. My mistake

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I haven't looked at the news since this morning

Did a Trump guy and a Putin guy really meet up for some secret alliance in some kind of Mother Base situation in the Seychelles

Is this real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

hun, i'm aware of my puffiness, it's all part of my charm :wink:

oh i know u puffin

• Locked thread