Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Tiny Timbs posted:

The staff were super aggressive about pushing people to self checkout at the last stco I went to. I had tell the lady to stop yelling at me because I wasn’t going to do it.

It’s a poo poo system and I may not be a boomer but I’ll channel one when I say I don’t pay a membership fee to scan my own stuff.

I was there last Friday and there was a guy in the self check line prescanning people's whole carts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Vim Fuego posted:

what on earth is up with the thread title? You people are monsters

No it says don't gently caress the rotisserie chicken

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i only do self checkout at stores with normal sized items. i dont mind waiting. if costco wants to give me a price gun then we might be back in business

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

thathonkey posted:

i only do self checkout at stores with normal sized items. i dont mind waiting. if costco wants to give me a price gun then we might be back in business

Costco taking away the price gun killed self check out for me. Were people just stealing the scanners? Just install corded one or tether them.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

jisforjosh posted:

Costco taking away the price gun killed self check out for me. Were people just stealing the scanners? Just install corded one or tether them.

People just walk out with them because people are dumb. I hate that they make you unload and reload the entire cart so they can weigh everything. Just put a weight pad on the floor all your drat carts are identical, let me scan my poo poo and leave it in the cart.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

jisforjosh posted:

The scale on the checkout counter probably helps a lot with loss prevention and letting shoppers keep the stuff in their cart makes it harder for the self-checkout associate to catch attempts at skipping scanning.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCdgf0gBsSk&t=24s

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Raluek posted:

i think that guy's costco is just loving up. they don't normally roll down the door until at least 5min past close.

this one too. we have a bike rack next to the tire center, ive taken my bike to cost   co a number of times. its fine. why is your costco failing to provide for you?

My Costco has the bike rack fully around the back of the warehouse, I know this because it's awesome to park round there - nobody goes there and you don't have to cross traffic with your trolley.

Green is entry
Red is bike rack

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol imagine going to Costco and only buying things you can take back on your bike.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

norp posted:

My Costco has the bike rack fully around the back of the warehouse, I know this because it's awesome to park round there - nobody goes there and you don't have to cross traffic with your trolley.

Green is entry
Red is bike rack

Alas, no secret bike rack at mine.

MarcusSA posted:

lol imagine going to Costco and only buying things you can take back on your bike.

You can fit a shocking amount of stuff on a bike + trailer or a cargo bike.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

jisforjosh posted:

My Costco has taken away self-checkout entirely - now each station is staffed for some reason, like a shittier normal checkout lane, and it makes me very sad.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

jisforjosh posted:

They never had them per register at the local 'Co. You had to call an employee with the assistance button on the checkout to have them bring a price gun over and scan anything that was too heavy to run on the normal scanner.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nobody else has this problem. Why is gun theft so rampant at Costco?!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Blue Moonlight posted:

My Costco has taken away self-checkout entirely - now each station is staffed for some reason, like a shittier normal checkout lane, and it makes me very sad.

Staffing checkout is too expensive, do it yourself. Why are you taking so long with that robo-scale? Get out of the way and let me do it.

Also lol that they take away the scan guns and force a scale because they don't trust you not to steal, then they have two people at the exit to make extra sure you didn't steal.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Nobody else has this problem. Why is gun theft so rampant at Costco?!

Americans love their guns

Even more when they are free

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Nitrousoxide posted:

Alas, no secret bike rack at mine.

You can fit a shocking amount of stuff on a bike + trailer or a cargo bike.

My face peddling a $300 cart load of goods home

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I didn’t buy them because my partner has celiac disease and a shellfish allergy, but they were sampling Kirkland brand tempura shrimp today and they are good as gently caress. Huge too.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

I didn’t buy them because my partner has celiac disease and a shellfish allergy, but they were sampling Kirkland brand tempura shrimp today and they are good as gently caress. Huge too.

where'd you put your cart, you motherfucker?????

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Anonymous Robot posted:

I didn’t buy them because my partner has celiac disease and a shellfish allergy

I would try returning that partner to Costco, clearly defective. They don't always need a receipt.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

SirPablo posted:

My face peddling a $300 cart load of goods home

Luckily e-bikes have never been more affordable and they even sell one or two in Costco itself.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Nitrousoxide posted:

Luckily e-bikes have never been more affordable and they even sell one or two in Costco itself.

Their "one or two" are the incredibly sus $500 Jetson Haze folding bike (that can't really accept cargo racks) or the incredibly nice $2700 Priority belt-drive that has no reviews because Costco shoppers are too cheap to shell out for that.

But, Biden just put an extra 100% of taxes on Chinese EVs, EV batteries, and aluminum, so if you're gonna get one, now's probably the time.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Ultraklystron posted:

They never had them per register at the local 'Co. You had to call an employee with the assistance button on the checkout to have them bring a price gun over and scan anything that was too heavy to run on the normal scanner.

My local church had the scan gun for a couple of months when they first rolled out self checkout, then they went away, then they came back a few months ago and then disappeared entirely.

Sam's Club ( :barf: ) I guess just dgaf letting every cell phone become a scan gun.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Anyone have any good pork loin recipes? This hog was $5 off so about $1.80 a pound.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

bird with big dick posted:

Anyone have any good pork loin recipes? This hog was $5 off so about $1.80 a pound.

Where's the pork loin?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Someone's gonna have to update the thread title again

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ina’s got you covered:

Roasted Pork Tenderloins with Roasted Plum Chutney

https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-ina-gartens-cider-roasted-pork-tenderloins-with-roasted-plum-chutney-237267

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Fennel-Crusted Pork Tenderloin

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/m/recipe/fennel-crusted-pork-tenderloin.amp.html

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Bro you need a wallet audit

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Nitrousoxide posted:

BJ's would be the other club warehouse competition on the east coast.
Speaking of Costco checkout messes, BJ’s app lets you scan everything on your phone as you go, pay on your phone, and simply walk past checkout stations and lines. 11/10

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Anne Whateley posted:

Speaking of Costco checkout messes, BJ’s app lets you scan everything on your phone as you go, pay on your phone, and simply walk past checkout stations and lines. 11/10

You can also order online with in-warehouse prices, drive up one of the pickup spots and let them know you're there and they'll load up your order, no need to ever enter the store.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Totally true, but I assumed Costco also had that very basic feature. Oop

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

BJs is private equity owned

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

If you don't want to cook the whole thing at once, you can portion into chops

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

My Costco hides the scan guns behind the check out screens. Just lift it up and there’s the gun.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Kenji has a pretty good recipe for oven pulled pork; I mostly just use the dry rub mix he gives here and follow the process he uses on the video on his channel for it (basically, apply dry rub, sear on all sides on stovetop in Dutch oven, add bourbon/whiskey and let it burn off, add some stock, cover and put in oven, then once near done take off cover and let it get a crust). He calls for pork shoulder/butt but the loin works fine, I’ve used these for it in the past and picked up another one Monday to make more. I usually chop off the outer thirds into roasts for this and break up the inner into thick chops.

He also has a tonkatsu recipe which is perfect for the chops, and you can turn the leftover cutlets into katsudon after (surprise surprise he also has a recipe for that).

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Anne Whateley posted:

Totally true, but I assumed Costco also had that very basic feature. Oop

Only some places, like ABQ.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Douchebag posted:

My Costco hides the scan guns behind the check out screens. Just lift it up and there’s the gun.

What is this, Existenz?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Tiny Timbs posted:

What is this, Existenz?

please don't shoot people with the rotisserie chicken

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can
The existence of this thread is confirmation to me that Costco, who famously never advertises, is running psyop social media advertising.

Tiktok influencers evangelizing for Kirkland brand-only fashion should probably have spelled it all out for me.

Penitent fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

“Death to the demoness, Scan Gun!” I bark as I cock the rotisserie chicken bone gun.