Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Does China even have badgers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Amphigory posted:

What's the verdict troops - a badger shaving brush from Aliexpress?

Good idea / bad idea?

Are you allergic to cat or dog hair?

Or polyester?

E: seriously, unless you go for the absolutely cheapest, it's more likely to be real hair, not polyester.

Shut up Meg fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 2, 2020

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Looking it up, yes they do, a few varieties, some illegally hunted.

So you might get real badger.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Why would you want to shave a badger? With a brush no less??

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

gently caress it, just splurged £1.53 on this bad boy:

#Aliexpress £1.53 41%OFF | Badger Hair Men's Shaving Beard Brush Salon Men Facial Beard Cleaning Appliance Shave Tool Razor Brush With Wood Handle For Men
https://a.aliexpress.com/_TwKMl

I've had 2 lovely, not badger, badger brushes in the last few years from reputable places, so this has got to be worth a punt

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Geemer posted:

Why would you want to shave a badger? With a brush no less??

don't kinkshame

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
brush cat, so what

Miaou
Jun 13, 2008
This made me want to look up some hair brushes, and oh dear god

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
Shaving brushes seems to be my limit of what I will buy from Aliexpress. Considering you can get a Semogue boar brush from £10-15 online and a good boar will be as nice as a bad badger once you break it in I would stay away unless it was from the retail shop of a known brand.

Again I wouldn't touch cosmetics unless again it was from the retail shop of a known brand.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I look forward to updating the thread on my phossy jaw...

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I had to dispute an order because the shipment tracking just said "Cancelled by Seller". Never had that happen before, we'll see how the dispute goes.

I received a Titanic memorial coin that is not exactly like the one linked to, it has information about the ship on the reverse and not the route map, and is now unavailable. It's for my sister, who's a Titanic nut. I'll get her some book about it that she hopefully hasn't read already and combine the coin with that, should be an alright present.

There's plenty of "commemorative coins" on AliExpress, from the Masonic to military campaign mementos. I once got two of my friends who are into Bitcoin Bitcoin coins and Bitcoin bills as funny keep-sakes from the time when we, and especially they, speculated in, mined, and transacted with cryptocurrency.

This one time I also got a Mayan long count 2012 memorial coin. I dug it into the sand play area at the day care in my neighborhood. Some of those kids may have been born in 2012 or even later, if and when they find the coin they can ask their elders about the hubbub of the 12th long count cycle coming to an end.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Again I wouldn't touch cosmetics unless again it was from the retail shop of a known brand.

Some YouTubers post haul videos and full face looks from Wish.com or AliExpress makeup finds and afaik no one's been disfigured by chemical reactions from internet dimestore stuff so who cares live your best life buy weird internet makeup and shown goons everything.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

Some YouTubers post haul videos and full face looks from Wish.com or AliExpress makeup finds and afaik no one's been disfigured by chemical reactions from internet dimestore stuff so who cares live your best life buy weird internet makeup and shown goons everything.

Lead doesn't kill you immediately, that's true.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

it's cheaper to make lovely normal cosmetics with suspect ingredients that it is to make fake cosmetics from skin-melting acid

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If you guys haven't seen the pics of the nailbed chemical burns after using very bad nail polish, you're lucky. I don't recommend looking them up.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I have one of those keychain straws on its way, just so I can break one of the principal rules of Ali.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You're going to plug it into the wall??

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I have one of those keychain straws on its way, just so I can break one of the principal rules of Ali.

Just make sure it has a flared base.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

RandomFerret posted:

You're going to plug it into the wall??

It’s like the adult version of putting a 9V battery on your tongue.

wheatpuppy posted:

Just make sure it has a flared base.

As someone who ignores instruction manuals and just gets to work, I appreciate this tip.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

EL BROMANCE posted:

As someone who ignores instruction manuals and just gets to work, I appreciate this tip.

You probably don't need a flared base if you are only enjoying the tip

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

I had to dispute an order because the shipment tracking just said "Cancelled by Seller". Never had that happen before, we'll see how the dispute goes.

I received a Titanic memorial coin that is not exactly like the one linked to, it has information about the ship on the reverse and not the route map, and is now unavailable. It's for my sister, who's a Titanic nut. I'll get her some book about it that she hopefully hasn't read already and combine the coin with that, should be an alright present.

There's plenty of "commemorative coins" on AliExpress, from the Masonic to military campaign mementos. I once got two of my friends who are into Bitcoin Bitcoin coins and Bitcoin bills as funny keep-sakes from the time when we, and especially they, speculated in, mined, and transacted with cryptocurrency.

This one time I also got a Mayan long count 2012 memorial coin. I dug it into the sand play area at the day care in my neighborhood. Some of those kids may have been born in 2012 or even later, if and when they find the coin they can ask their elders about the hubbub of the 12th long count cycle coming to an end.

Fun fact: you can get cheap custom memorial/collectable coins on alibaba. Which I know because my pins supplier will not stop sending me sample coins

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This is not an acceptable ad on my griddler game Aliexpress!

Possibly NWS:
https://i.imgur.com/bUoD2lE.png
E: NWS for a bigger view
https://i.imgur.com/7mnrXGJ.jpg

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 4, 2020

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

My dispute was resolved. Full refund as expected. Now I will just have to look for another supplier, one that will actually ship the product...

I was ordering this plasticine putty to use with these magnets.

Here's a video of this kind of magnetic putty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXJuJQVrgbI

I would've liked to have this particular kind, because it seemed like it might react nicely with UV light.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

My dispute was resolved. Full refund as expected. Now I will just have to look for another supplier, one that will actually ship the product...

I was ordering this plasticine putty to use with these magnets.

Here's a video of this kind of magnetic putty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXJuJQVrgbI

I would've liked to have this particular kind, because it seemed like it might react nicely with UV light.

hold up, lol:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Amphigory posted:

Good idea / bad idea?

It’ll be real badger hair. Even the good stuff comes from Asian badger farms.

It may not be the good stuff. They cheap way to make shaving brushes is to take a bundle of hair and clip both ends to shape.

The better way is to carefully cut only one end, leaving the naturally tapered tips as the business end of the brush.

There are also different grades of badger hair to start with.

If you want to be really paranoid, shaving brushes used to kill people with anthrax. The Great War interrupted the supply lines of European badger hair. Horsehair took its place. Improperly sterilised horsehair carried live anthrax spores, which easily infected cuts on the face.

I really don’t think this is a concern with badger brushes today, but now you have a nightmare you didn’t have before.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

I don't know what's weirder - all the gunk in the belly button or the size of the belly button.

60pcs/bottle Navel Paste Affixed To The South Division Moxibustion Sticks Longan Ai Ye Pepper Ai Ai Paste Warm Palace Paste

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't have my glasses on, but it looks like a pregnant woman put that on her belly button and it's causing her to give birth to a frog.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I thought they were pulling weed buds out of their belly button

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Well, it'd do a crap job for smuggling. Is she trying to get her baby high thru osmosis?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

I don't know, but "warm palace" is the worst euphemism for a navel that I've ever heard, and I don't like it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think I've got it. Putty goes into the belly button, it dries and gross because chemistry. It gets pulled out with the tape . So now the user thinks that they removed toxins from their body instead of removing dried ugly paste from their belly button.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Platystemon posted:

It’ll be real badger hair. Even the good stuff comes from Asian badger farms.

It may not be the good stuff. They cheap way to make shaving brushes is to take a bundle of hair and clip both ends to shape.

The better way is to carefully cut only one end, leaving the naturally tapered tips as the business end of the brush.

There are also different grades of badger hair to start with.

If you want to be really paranoid, shaving brushes used to kill people with anthrax. The Great War interrupted the supply lines of European badger hair. Horsehair took its place. Improperly sterilised horsehair carried live anthrax spores, which easily infected cuts on the face.

I really don’t think this is a concern with badger brushes today, but now you have a nightmare you didn’t have before.

Haha, oh you dick

I'll be boiling the fucker when it arrives now

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
For a number of years after the epidemic, people wanted to be very sure their face wasn’t going to melt, and branding reflected this.

For brushes already in the hands of the public, boiling was indeed the remedy advised by health authorities at the time. Fifteen to thirty minutes is supposed to do the job.

I can’t say it’s good for the integrity of the brush. My guess is “no”, because there has to be some reason they use things like ethylene oxide industrially.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

nashona posted:

I don't know what's weirder - all the gunk in the belly button or the size of the belly button.

60pcs/bottle Navel Paste Affixed To The South Division Moxibustion Sticks Longan Ai Ye Pepper Ai Ai Paste Warm Palace Paste

:hmmyes:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I found the target audience for the belly button strips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-reSVQOO7s

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

cumshitter posted:

I found the target audience for the belly button strips.

Anyone with that goonomorph physique?

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Amphigory posted:

Good idea / bad idea?

I honestly thought that this was a euphamism. A strange one, but one nonetheless...

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

cumshitter posted:

Oh that's lame if it's fishing line. I mean, once you know how it works it's not as magical. That's how my husband ruined the Puppetry of the Penis Broadway show for me. I literally thought they had magic penii.

Maybe, but I learned how to do "the hamburger" from watching them.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I guess everything's stopping up due to the ol' Coronavirus.

Checked on some stuff I ordered 2-3 weeks ago, and they've bumped up the 'shipping within 10 days' to 'shipping within 18 days'.

Which is a shame, because I was hoping to get stuff sent before everything gets slapped with a ~15 usd customs fee per parcel, in april.
(Dumb norwegian thing, every single thing from abroad has to go through customs once 1/april hits, and they have of course not updated the prices to reflect this. So everything will be 25% + ~15usd in handling.
Even though they're going to do the exact same job they did previously.

Atleast until Aliexpress adds the option to pay for VAT/handle customs electronically when you buy, but I doubt they'll do that until after the EU implements something similar next year.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I just got a lens ball like this. If you would like one, order from a seller with good reviews - I also found some where people had had imperfections in the sphere, like air bubbles or scratches. Mine was perfect.
I also ordered a stand like this for the globe, but that has yet to arrive.

Here's something you can do with a lens ball like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsB_GPYbRFk