Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

...Are we still in the warehouse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
This is my go-to pork tenderloin recipe:
https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/spice-roasted-pork-tenderloin

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Got some Taiwanese night market flavored chips at costco.

Very bad please do not buy them.

They taste the way dog food smells

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

bird with big dick posted:

Anyone have any good pork loin recipes? This hog was $5 off so about $1.80 a pound.

Nice pork sword

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Anyone have any good pork loin recipes?
I like to make a thick basil/parsley pesto with pine nuts and grated parm, then I rub about 1/4 c of that over a pork loin and grill it for 1-1.5 hours until it reaches 145 °F, and use the remaining pesto (usually make about 2 c total) as a dipping sauce.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Goons please help me my wife wants to have both mayo and TOOM in the house and I see no need. I already make my own mayo but processing that much garlic is bad for me. What mayo use wouldn't be improved by a poo poo ton of garlic and lemon?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Zero VGS posted:

Their "one or two" are the incredibly sus $500 Jetson Haze folding bike (that can't really accept cargo racks) or the incredibly nice $2700 Priority belt-drive that has no reviews because Costco shoppers are too cheap to shell out for that.

But, Biden just put an extra 100% of taxes on Chinese EVs, EV batteries, and aluminum, so if you're gonna get one, now's probably the time.

On the topic of bikes that can't accept cargo racks, there's a really well-regarded cargo trailer for bikes that uses the seat post as its mounting point. It's widely used by Brompton owners looking to cart more around. Doubles as a regular hand cart too, so you could take it around the store to make sure whatever you buy will fit. It's currently on sale too.

https://burley.com/products/travoy

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I like to make a thick basil/parsley pesto with pine nuts and grated parm, then I rub about 1/4 c of that over a pork loin and grill it for 1-1.5 hours until it reaches 145 °F, and use the remaining pesto (usually make about 2 c total) as a dipping sauce.

That sounds p good and I've got some homemade pesto in the freezer

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Costco opens up in 90 minutes. I’ll be in the parking lot 20 minutes before hand because sometimes those doors open early and there’s nothing better than blasting through the empty store and exiting before the official open time.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I like to slow grill my pork loins, usually use a standard mustard baste/rub.

I improvised a mustard based bbq sauce a few weeks ago that went really well on one

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Why in the world would you use a bike trailer?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Remulak posted:

Why in the world would you use a bike trailer?

Is the Mon - Thurs Internet on a different bus?

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

I went to the Costco and the whole parking lot was full of parked cars and every car that wasn't parked was looking for a spot. it looked like the Shibuya scramble crossing if every pedestrian was a Toyota Highlander

so no groceries for me today

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I went to Costco today and there was a clown at the end of the self-checkout line. They were doing a children's fundraiser for something but drat, warn a guy before you bring in a clown.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lumbermouth posted:

I went to Costco today and there was a clown at the end of the self-checkout line. They were doing a children's fundraiser for something but drat, warn a guy before you bring in a clown.

did he scan your items for you in line

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

Their "one or two" are the incredibly sus $500 Jetson Haze folding bike (that can't really accept cargo racks) or the incredibly nice $2700 Priority belt-drive that has no reviews because Costco shoppers are too cheap to shell out for that.

But, Biden just put an extra 100% of taxes on Chinese EVs, EV batteries, and aluminum, so if you're gonna get one, now's probably the time.

I got a Jetson Pro when that was what costco sold for ebikes and it was crap.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

rodbeard posted:

I got a Jetson Pro when that was what costco sold for ebikes and it was crap.

My kid has a Jetson powerwheels blatent theft and it just poo poo the bed less than 6 months after Christmas. Gotta love chinesium (a relative bought it). Honestly glad that there are disincentives to purchasing this crap.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I found an underweight rotisserie clown at my church so they charged by the pound instead of the flat fee.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
If you want to take the time to learn, I recommend the DIY ebike route. You get serious power and much higher quality components for less money.

$330 used fatbike off Craigslist: https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/d/westwood-fat-bike/7739046195.html

$282 fatbike direct drive rear wheel kit: https://www.amazon.com/SanBouSi-Electric-Conversion-Brushless-Gearless/dp/B0CM3NW4GB

$327 rear rack with 720 watt-hout battery: https://www.amazon.com/UPP-Ebike-Battery-Pack-Electric/dp/B081TZQPGQ/

So around $1000 but you have closer to a silent dirt bike. That's what I did. It's not any harder than say putting a PC together. Converting a fat bike is the important thing, with those big wheels you can jam at 25+ MPH and not feel like you're going to die when you hit a pothole.

Wayne Knight posted:

I found an underweight rotisserie clown at my church so they charged by the pound instead of the flat fee.

Ya I posted about that when I had it happen a few weeks back. I liked it more because it's more cooked through.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

MarcusSA posted:

lol imagine going to Costco and only buying things you can take back on your bike.

Used to make a game out of riding light rail to costco and bringing home the biggest thing I was willing to carry. So like, a 60lb bag of dog food and a very full backpack.

You'd think this spares me from the parking lot gauntlet but I almost got ran over every single time somehow. Costco parking lots man...

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Wayne Knight posted:

I don’t realize CostCo had entered the torture dungeon / slave market. Dark times we live in

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Incremus posted:

I went to the Costco and the whole parking lot was full of parked cars and every car that wasn't parked was looking for a spot. it looked like the Shibuya scramble crossing if every pedestrian was a Toyota Highlander

so no groceries for me today

Yeah it’s horse poo poo man. Last time I tried to go the tire shop guys sodomized me with a lug wrench.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Bum the Sad posted:

Yeah it’s horse poo poo man. Last time I tried to go the tire shop guys sodomized me with a lug wrench.
I had to wait hours last time I didn’t make an appointment,

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Bum the Sad posted:

You had it lucky they used a pneumatic driver on me.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Who's going today? lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bum the Sad posted:

Sorry we got a little carried away I really thought it was consensual

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Sorry we got a little carried away I really thought it was consensual

Rude as hell.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Costco's fish is poo poo. Not the poo poo, just poo poo.

I more or less maintain a subscription there just for Ito En tea 12-packs and for their pharmacy/OTC section. Everything else can go to hell. Even their hot dog can go to hell. There, I said it.

E: I also agree with everyone who hates the placement of the free samples. Clogs the gently caress out of the intersections.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wow!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sundae posted:

Even their hot dog can go to hell. There, I said it.

it's ok to be dumb as poo poo but don't just go announcing it to everyone

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Sundae posted:

Meat section fish or frozen fish?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Sundae posted:

I more or less maintain a subscription there just for Ito En tea 12-packs and for their pharmacy/OTC section. Everything else can go to hell. Even their hot dog can go to hell. There, I said it.

E: I also agree with everyone who hates the placement of the free samples. Clogs the gently caress out of the intersections.

Meltdown May continues apace

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I like the frozen wild caught salmon and the barramundi when they have it.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

durrneez posted:

Meat section fish or frozen fish?

Meat section, but the half the labels say it's previously frozen anyway sooooo. Their freezer section isn't great either, but that stuff is subpar everywhere so I'm not counting that against them. Their meat section fish is, no shitposting intended unlike my jab at the hot dog, the worst fish of any store I've tried within a 45 min drive of me.

quote:

it's ok to be dumb as poo poo but don't just go announcing it to everyone

Think of it as one fewer person in line between you and your next serving of flavorless tubemeat that you paid money for.

And as long as I'm making GBS threads on Costco, I'd like to poo poo on the people who go into the home goods / clothing section in the middle and just wreck the place like a bunch of goddamned animals.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sundae posted:

Think of it as one fewer person in line between you and your next serving of flavorless tubemeat that you paid money for.

U gotta warn a dude about how sharp that edge is before he cuts himself on it doggie

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Sundae posted:

We got some tubemeat for you, motherfucker!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Costco's tubemeat is actually super allium-y. Like more than Nathan's. Not flavorless at all

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

Costco's tubemeat is actually super allium-y. Like more than Nathan's. Not flavorless at all

Have you considered having stratospheric meat standards though?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
nice George Costanza wallet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sundae posted:

Meat section, but the half the labels say it's previously frozen anyway sooooo. Their freezer section isn't great either, but that stuff is subpar everywhere so I'm not counting that against them. Their meat section fish is, no shitposting intended unlike my jab at the hot dog, the worst fish of any store I've tried within a 45 min drive of me.

And as long as I'm making GBS threads on Costco, I'd like to poo poo on the people who go into the home goods / clothing section in the middle and just wreck the place like a bunch of goddamned animals.

Ok you’re no longer allowed to post in here.