Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I reran the YPAO setup on my Yamaha receiver yesterday with the kids and wife gone, and then watched more Transformers 2 and the performance of the sub was much improved. I'm pretty happy as of right now. Not sure what kind of magic voodoo those calibration systems do, but it's much better.

Oh, if anyone lives close to a Fry's those Pioneer floor standing speakers are on sale again for 77 bucks each. No bookshelves or center this time that I can see. Fry's is also clearing out some Polk stuff as well. At least they are in Austin anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Philthy posted:

Yep, and was just offering what my settings were using speakers that are in the same range as his as well. My sub is actually a foot away from a corner, and against the back wall (Again, something generally NOT recommended). But if you spend the time fiddling, you may end up where I did.

Nothing wrong with corner loading a sub. You can get up to a 6db gain from corner loading. If you don't have a way to EQ, it might amplify some frequencies more than others, which causes the boomy sound. If you have a mini-dsp, or Audyssey, or a way to EQ and a way to measure, corner loading your subs is a great way to get some headroom.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I was able to get a pair of Bose 901 Series 6 speakers and now I'm trying to hook up them up my Denon 1613. The Bose pair comes with an active EQ, and I don't know the best way to hook them into the system, or if they can at all. Is there a way?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've found some time to look around online, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to hook the speakers to the receiver.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 20, 2013

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MacheteZombie posted:

I was able to get a pair of Bose 901 Series 6 speakers and now I'm trying to hook up them up my Denon 1613. The Bose pair comes with an active EQ, and I don't know the best way to hook them into the system, or if they can at all. Is there a way?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've found some time to look around online, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to hook the speakers to the receiver.

I don't know the specifics but I know know the have non conventional way of being driven. Did you pay a lot for them ?

That brand is not recommended, but luckily its highly regarded by a lot of people, so selling them shouldn't be too difficult.

RaoulDuke12
Nov 9, 2004

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but to those who see it coming and jump aside.
So I just finished setting up my home theater, thanks to all of you in this thread that helped. Here's what I'm running:

Receiver - Onkyo TX-NR818
A pioneer 50" GT-30 plasma
power conditioning - APC J35 w/battery backup
Center - Polk TL3
Fronts - POLK AUDIO MONITOR70B II R
Rears - POLK AUDIO RM 7 Satellite
Sub - Polk Audio PSW10

It sounds loving fantastic. The Onkyo's Theater and Music modes are both excellent, listening to a FLAC of Dark Side of the Moon and watching Transformers 2 were equally enjoyable. The extra wattage from the Onkyo really makes it kick the poo poo out of the Pioneer VSX I was running before, and the on screen interface and web music options are really nice.

So once again, thanks goons. I've got a great setup thanks to you.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Don't forget to try out Dynamic EQ. It works really well.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

jonathan posted:

I don't know the specifics but I know know the have non conventional way of being driven. Did you pay a lot for them ?

That brand is not recommended, but luckily its highly regarded by a lot of people, so selling them shouldn't be too difficult.

I didn't pay anything for them. It was pair that belonged to my father and he hadn't used them in like 2-3 years. I'm not sure I will sell them though.
I was hoping I could use the speakers without the active EQ it comes with, but everything I've read says the speakers will sound like crap that way. I was planning on just using them as 2 fronts and getting the Pioneer center speaker and the Polk sub that's recommended by the thread, but now I'd need two fronts again.

Oh well. Guess its back to waiting until Monoprice's 5.1 Hi-Fi set comes back into stock(eta 5/20). I debated just getting the Energy set it was based on or doing a 3.1, but it all looks just as or many cases more expensive.

Edit: I realized it would probably help to say why it won't work. My receiver needs a pre-amp or a tape loop connection and it has neither.

Edit2: For the OP, you may consider moving the Monoprice set of speakers out of the recommended. They probably won't be available for some time, Monoprice is being sued by Klipsch(owner of Energy) over copyright infringement on the set.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 21, 2013

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!
I have a serious home audio deficit in my apartment. Looking for advice on a decent 2.0 or possibly 2.1 setup. My budget is tentatively $500, but that may be flexible. Since I'm in an apartment, size is a little bit of an issue, but not overwhelmingly so. Any suggestions on where to look first? Any deals right now that look appealing? This would be hooked up to a TV but my main interest in it is for easily hooking up auxiliary audio units like a phone or a laptop for music. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Biaxident posted:

I have a serious home audio deficit in my apartment.

Where do you live (US, Eup, other)? What audio outs does your TV have? Do you own a turntable? Do you have an excessive amount of stuff you want to connect (more than 5 devices)?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Deals fluctuate weekly depending on who has what on sale. The 2012 models of Home Audio equipment are being clearanced out right now so deals are there to be had. You can always go the refurb route as well. If you have a Fry's near you they have a pretty good sale this week.

Honestly I would go 2.0. Not being a dick or anything but there's a special place in hell for people that live in apartments and have sub-woofers. That's just one of those sacrifices you have to make for a shared living situation.

Almost any receiver will meet your requirements. Pair it with a decent set of bookshelf speakers and you should be pretty happy.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

Hob_Gadling posted:

Where do you live (US, Eup, other)? What audio outs does your TV have? Do you own a turntable? Do you have an excessive amount of stuff you want to connect (more than 5 devices)?

US. HDMI. No turntable. I do not have an excessive amount of devices to connect.

skipdogg posted:

If you have a Fry's near you they have a pretty good sale this week.

Honestly I would go 2.0. Not being a dick or anything but there's a special place in hell for people that live in apartments and have sub-woofers. That's just one of those sacrifices you have to make for a shared living situation.

Almost any receiver will meet your requirements. Pair it with a decent set of bookshelf speakers and you should be pretty happy.

Thanks, I do have a Fry's nearby that I'll check out tomorrow. I agree about subwoofers in apartments, and I'm leaning heavily towards a 2.0 system. Having had really lovely neighbors in an apartment, I never want to be "that guy."

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
When I lived in an apartment I was blessed with concrete floors, ceilings and perimeter walls. Sub noise didn't go through.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Biaxident posted:

US. HDMI. No turntable. I do not have an excessive amount of devices to connect.

HDMI means you need a surround receiver, no stereo receiver I know of has HDMI. This may conflict with your aim of mostly listening music: stereo receivers are pound for pound better for music. Surround amps aren't bad, they just aren't as good. The difference may be negligible, but give it a listen before committing. Generally speaking it's a good idea to listen around a bit before buying.

If I were in your shoes I'd stretch the budget, get a pair of latest-model Paradigm Atoms and pair them with a refurb Marantz PM5004. It's $770 + wires. You'll have to judge yourself whether no HDMI and going over budget are things you can live with. If they are not, change the amp to a Denon AVR-1513. I would still spend most of the budget towards speakers, no matter what brand you end up with.

Note that this only reflects my own tastes. If you do serious listening and think of music as a hobby rather than background noise, then you should at least go listen to the difference between dedicated stereo system and a surround system turned stereo.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

Thanks for the tips! I do indeed treat music as more than just background noise, so I guess this will require a bit more research than I was originally thinking. It's more important for me to get this for music than for the TV, so no HDMI may be acceptable.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Is DynamicEQ on Onkyo receivers worth a drat? I noticed it gave a very pleasant sound when listening to music, but I turned it off on principle since usually post processing effects ruin video inputs, audio streams, and almost everything else they work on. I am conflicted between what my head hates and what my heart wants on this one.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Low frequencies are low frequencies, it doesn't really matter much if they're coming from a sub or speakers. It really comes down to calibration. Over-driven boomey speakers can be a much higher nuisance to neighbors than a well calibrated sub that has headroom.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Turnquiet posted:

Is DynamicEQ on Onkyo receivers worth a drat? I noticed it gave a very pleasant sound when listening to music, but I turned it off on principle since usually post processing effects ruin video inputs, audio streams, and almost everything else they work on. I am conflicted between what my head hates and what my heart wants on this one.

It's not just on Onkyo, all higher end Audyssey receivers have this feature, and it's very good. THX has a similar feature as well.

Basically the science of it is, when you listen to music or movies loud (reference), you're listening at the mixing level at the studio. The soundtrack sounds how the engineers intended. The human ear and brain becomes less sensitive to certain tones the lower the volume goes.

Dynamic EQ adjusts the frequency response to correct for your ear's changing response. So at reference level, Dynamic EQ does nothing, at -25db, you get a slightly different curve and surround volume leveling, allowing your to enjoy reference volume mix without having to let your system scream.

Don't confuse this with Dynamic Volume or whatever. Audyssey Dynamic volume compresses the output so that the loud parts are equal volume to the quiet parts. This compromises sound quality and shouldn't be used unless you're trying to watch a movie at 2am.

Dynamic EQ works very well for movies, and works well with music that was mixed with dynamic range. It does not work well for compressed very loud recordings. Movies are mixed with industry standards, music is not, so it can throw dynamic EQ off.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Biaxident posted:

Thanks for the tips! I do indeed treat music as more than just background noise, so I guess this will require a bit more research than I was originally thinking. It's more important for me to get this for music than for the TV, so no HDMI may be acceptable.

If you have very basic woodworking skills and an area to glue and assemble, the SEOS speakers are getting very good reviews. Scratch that, these speakers rival pretty much any speaker out there. They go toe to toe with Seaton, JTR, Klipsch THX etc.

The downside is the finish is only as good as you make it. If you want to do a real wood veneer, or a vinyl, or do a piano black finish then they will look great. Many just use truck bed liner roll on paint.

http://www.diysoundgroup.com/waveguide-speaker-kits.html

Check out the impressions of 3 different diy models from that site at the eastern speaker shootout just put on
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1468693/northeast-speaker-shoot-out-avs-members-demo-2-channel-systems (pictures)
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1468211/ne-spring-speaker-shootout-results-thread-april-13-2013 (Impressions and results)

quote:

SEOS Fusion 8s
We spent a bit of time listening to these upstairs on Friday night - I was/am very impressed! More similar than different than the larger brother SEOS offerings, especially when run with capable subs. Don't expect thundering bass without subs in a home theater environment, but they will play loud and clean for any sane individual and they won't need more than an average receiver to do so. Top 5 value of the day IMO.

SEOS Tempests / Sentinels
I'm going to combine these together because they were/are more similar than different. They both play clean, loud, and clear with very little power required. The one mistake we made I believe was not letting the group experience them full range. This is where they provide the most value and differentiation from the rest of the peers in this group. Extension and output <80hz is fantastic with these guys and wish we would have let them shine in that area. Austin asked a few times during the demo to do so, to which I agreed but got sidetracked by the end. ADD for the loss, lol.

I do believe if these speakers were to sell as a completed offering by an ID company they would be unrivaled at twice the cost to build. Don't expect Noesis level output, but for 95% of the population (especially with proper power) these will blow you out the room. The big advantages here are extension, nice looks (IMO), and extremely high value.

DIY speakers have come SO far in the last couple years that they deserve their own thread again. With the ease of assembly provided by flatpack kits, all you're giving up is a few evenings and a factory quality finish.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

jonathan posted:

DIY speakers have come SO far in the last couple years that they deserve their own thread again. With the ease of assembly provided by flatpack kits, all you're giving up is a few evenings and a factory quality finish.

How would you find a good center channel to match these flatpack speakers? I'm looking at doing a basic 3.0 or 3.1 soon, and can't decide between the Pioneer Andrew Jones floorstanders, building my own like this, or stretching the budget to Paradigm Atoms and getting a sub too.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Weinertron posted:

How would you find a good center channel to match these flatpack speakers? I'm looking at doing a basic 3.0 or 3.1 soon, and can't decide between the Pioneer Andrew Jones floorstanders, building my own like this, or stretching the budget to Paradigm Atoms and getting a sub too.

In an ideal world, you run one of these as a center channel also. The center channel is usually a compromised design so that it can lay down under a screen.

If you have the ability to mount the TV up higher on the wall, or if you're using a projector screen, mount everything behind it.

Failing that, center channel type versions are coming out, it's basically a matter of getting the waveguide horn to sit in a box that is laid down horizontally. At the moment, getting a "center channel" horizontal type speaker is going to require your own custom build. You could always shoot an email to Eric at the diy soundgroup website, I think he has prototypes, but essentially that website is his second job, he works during the day and then has a CNC wood cutter that cuts his flatpacks for him, then he mails out the stuff, I don't think he makes much money off them.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

jonathan posted:

If you have very basic woodworking skills and an area to glue and assemble, the SEOS speakers are getting very good reviews. Scratch that, these speakers rival pretty much any speaker out there. They go toe to toe with Seaton, JTR, Klipsch THX etc.

The downside is the finish is only as good as you make it. If you want to do a real wood veneer, or a vinyl, or do a piano black finish then they will look great. Many just use truck bed liner roll on paint.

http://www.diysoundgroup.com/waveguide-speaker-kits.html

Check out the impressions of 3 different diy models from that site at the eastern speaker shootout just put on
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1468693/northeast-speaker-shoot-out-avs-members-demo-2-channel-systems (pictures)
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1468211/ne-spring-speaker-shootout-results-thread-april-13-2013 (Impressions and results)

This looks awesome. Thanks for the links! I don't have much experience with a soldering iron, but I think I can figure it out.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe
This is probably a silly question, but I need a sanity check. I have a chance to buy a package deal of:

Set of Energy A3+2 Floor Speakers
Yamaha A-S500 Integrated Amplifier
Music Hall MMF-5

all of which look and feel brand new, for $850. Should I pull the trigger on this?

edit: I should say, I have a moderate sound system already - but it's all geared toward digital: mid-range Pioneer bookshelf speakers, a Samsung all-in-one receiver, a nice powered subwoofer.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So I broke down and got the energy classic speaker set. Now I know how to hook up most of it, but I have a question about the sub. My receiver (denon 1613) has a single rca sub port and the energy woofer is dual rca. Would a standard rca cable with an adapter to make the two ends into one for the receiver work? Or is there a specific cable I should look for?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MacheteZombie posted:

So I broke down and got the energy classic speaker set. Now I know how to hook up most of it, but I have a question about the sub. My receiver (denon 1613) has a single rca sub port and the energy woofer is dual rca. Would a standard rca cable with an adapter to make the two ends into one for the receiver work? Or is there a specific cable I should look for?

Standard mono rca cable. Go from rca out on receiver to a single rca in on the sub.

On the subwoofer plate amp Turn the gain to 11 o'clock and the crossover/low pass to the max setting. You may or may not need to adjust the amp gain up or down from 11 oclock.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

jonathan posted:

Standard mono rca cable. Go from rca out on receiver to a single rca in on the sub.

On the subwoofer plate amp Turn the gain to 11 o'clock and the crossover/low pass to the max setting. You may or may not need to adjust the amp gain up or down from 11 oclock.

One more dumb question. Is the white or red the mono channel? Or does it matter?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

One more dumb question. Is the white or red the mono channel? Or does it matter?
Whichever one you put in is the mono channel. It's a length of wire.

RaoulDuke12
Nov 9, 2004

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but to those who see it coming and jump aside.
My TV is doing a bunch of flashy weird poo poo when I'm using my PS3. It's not happening on any other inputs, so it's likely the HDMI cable or maybe the PS3, but probably not the receiver, right? It's the Onkyo nr818.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RaoulDuke12 posted:

My TV is doing a bunch of flashy weird poo poo when I'm using my PS3. It's not happening on any other inputs, so it's likely the HDMI cable or maybe the PS3, but probably not the receiver, right? It's the Onkyo nr818.

Try turning on HDMI edid on the ps3 and the receiver and your display device. Perhaps the ps3 is set to some unsupported mode when connected via HDMI. Also try connecting it straight to the TV via HDMI and see what happens.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MacheteZombie posted:

If you're refering to the rca's on the sub amp, I am not sure. Either they're both the same, or one of them bypasses the crossover controls. Check the manual for that. If one of them DOES bypass the controls, use that one.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe
Just quoting this in case someone has any advice/opinion. I'm going to go check the equipment out tomorrow night and probably buy it.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

This is probably a silly question, but I need a sanity check. I have a chance to buy a package deal of:

Set of Energy A3+2 Floor Speakers
Yamaha A-S500 Integrated Amplifier
Music Hall MMF-5

all of which look and feel brand new, for $850. Should I pull the trigger on this?

edit: I should say, I have a moderate sound system already - but it's all geared toward digital: mid-range Pioneer bookshelf speakers, a Samsung all-in-one receiver, a nice powered subwoofer.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

Just quoting this in case someone has any advice/opinion. I'm going to go check the equipment out tomorrow night and probably buy it.

Right, yes. Check that everything works before buying. A couple things in particular:

- check the cartridge and arm of that turntable (easiest way: ask the seller to play something familiar to you)
- speaker grills if looks are important to you
- receiver pots (volume, tone controls etc.)

As for the price, it seems fair if everything is fine. If you want to check out what else money can buy, take a look at Audiogon.com.

That said the speakers are still fine, the receiver is a matter of taste and the turntable can be anything from terrible to excellent depending on its condition.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!
So I'm looking into a home theatre system. My biggest want was multi-zone video, one for the living room and then another for the office with maybe a third audio zone in the kitchen/on the deck. I also wanted Android functionality for a remote to make it easier to be in different rooms and access my media. Inputs would be a PS3 & a HTPC.

The Denon AVR-3313CI so far seems to be the best option for me with regards to what I want and it being within my budget, but I'd appreciate some input from experts in case there is something I missed.

http://ca.denon.com/ca/Product/Page...53-cd97e1d9ed00

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cthulhuite posted:

So I'm looking into a home theatre system. My biggest want was multi-zone video, one for the living room and then another for the office with maybe a third audio zone in the kitchen/on the deck. I also wanted Android functionality for a remote to make it easier to be in different rooms and access my media. Inputs would be a PS3 & a HTPC.

The Denon AVR-3313CI so far seems to be the best option for me with regards to what I want and it being within my budget, but I'd appreciate some input from experts in case there is something I missed.

http://ca.denon.com/ca/Product/Page...53-cd97e1d9ed00

The Onkyo tx-nr818 the best bang for the buck receiver right now. It has a better amplifier and better calibration.

The receivers streaming ability isn't perfect. Most people hook it up along side an apple TV or some sort of small box running xbmc to get airplay and good streaming functionality.

Apparently the other killer deal right now is the Pioneer sc-1522 from Costco. I haven't looked into this one yet, but the deal is getting mention on avsforum.

The Onkyo only has 2 HDMI video outputs though.

Also remember that most of these multi zone receivers won't do digital input to zone 2 or 3. It has to be analogue in. Not 100% sure on the Demon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it only does analogue sources to the zones.

jonathan fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 26, 2013

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!

jonathan posted:

The Onkyo tx-nr818 the best bang for the buck receiver right now. It has a better amplifier and better calibration.

The receivers streaming ability isn't perfect. Most people hook it up along side an apple TV or some sort of small box running xbmc to get airplay and good streaming functionality.

Apparently the other killer deal right now is the Pioneer sc-1522 from Costco. I haven't looked into this one yet, but the deal is getting mention on avsforum.

The Onkyo only has 2 HDMI video outputs though.

Also remember that most of these multi zone receivers won't do digital input to zone 2 or 3. It has to be analogue in. Not 100% sure on the Demon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it only does analogue sources to the zones.

They look good, but neither of those seem to do multi-zone video, only audio.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Cthulhuite posted:

So I'm looking into a home theatre system. My biggest want was multi-zone video, one for the living room and then another for the office with maybe a third audio zone in the kitchen/on the deck.

If it was just a HTPC I'd suggest Cat-5 and network shares over to something like WDTV/networked receiver/whatever else you already have. It'd be more robust, cheaper and easier to upgrade. Not to mention that HDMI over really long distances may prove problematic; be careful with that, as you may run into significant problems if the signal isn't strong enough.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!
I have a NAS for storing media, a PS3 and an XBMC box for playing it over the network, I just want to know if the Denon 3313 I picked out will let me do both at the same time on different TVs while still providing decent AV receiver duties if I hook up some nice speakers, or if there is another/better option? TIA

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cthulhuite posted:

I have a NAS for storing media, a PS3 and an XBMC box for playing it over the network, I just want to know if the Denon 3313 I picked out will let me do both at the same time on different TVs while still providing decent AV receiver duties if I hook up some nice speakers, or if there is another/better option? TIA

drat, to be honest I know nothing about multizone VIDEO. Does this one claim to do that or does it just mirror the main HDMI output ?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I was bored at work and downloaded the 40+MB user manual for that receiver. It looks like it'll do exactly what you want. I think what most are getting at is it's an expensive way to do what you want as opposed to just throwing a Roku or a Raspberry Pi running XBMC in your office.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!

jonathan posted:

drat, to be honest I know nothing about multizone VIDEO. Does this one claim to do that or does it just mirror the main HDMI output ?

It does. Research and the company website says it support two HDMI outputs in seperate zones, and a third zone for audio, specifically stating the ability to choose seperate inputs for each HDMI output. So I guess that would be what I want, that and a 20ft HDMI cable to reach the other room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cthulhuite posted:

It does. Research and the company website says it support two HDMI outputs in seperate zones, and a third zone for audio, specifically stating the ability to choose seperate inputs for each HDMI output. So I guess that would be what I want, that and a 20ft HDMI cable to reach the other room.

If you're going for longer HDMI runs, get one if the "Redmere" HDMI cables from Monoprice. They use some spare current from the HDMI port to boost the signal strength. I'm using a 30' run to go from the equipment room to my theater room, I do 1080p 3D with no dropouts. Its also easier to run because the small gauge wire.