Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dodgeblan posted:

now after reading the article I'm even more annoyed

Hunters get another dive (it's widely known that dive attacks are the most fun thing in destiny)
Hunters get chain grapples (which sounds insanely cool)

Warlocks get more weird minion stuff

Titans get khepris horn
titans get more overshield

I had to look this up lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ponzicar posted:

It's not in one match. And it's possible to do even for players bad at gambit if you equip xenophage and are lucky in who you get matchmade against.

one day I'll get there. one day

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Nice that this season's challenges are relatively easy to complete for the big bright dust payout. I didn't even need to get the gambit weapon ornament. Just a few more IKELOS red-frames and I think I'm done with the season. Still not had the chance to run Spire or Kings Fall though.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Do you have infinite chances to get a raid exotic to drop from the featured raid during the week it's in rotation, or do you still only have 1 for each character that week?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Paracelsus posted:

Do you have infinite chances to get a raid exotic to drop from the featured raid during the week it's in rotation, or do you still only have 1 for each character that week?

Infinite chances; I've seen multiple Eyes of Tomorrow drop while farming the last boss of Deep Stone Crypt when that was up in the rotation.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

haveblue posted:

It's more likely that the strand stuff was delayed so they can add "new strand fragments! evolve your subclass!" to the highlight list of every season this year
It's going to end up like the post-campaign stasis grind and it's going to loving suck. Having to run all over Europa for the aspects was second-worst only to having to run around playlists trying to unlock fragments.

I suspect the reason stasis' usage is so low despite having a stasis focused season is that everyone loving hates it after being forced to grind it out in playlists. Bungie is absolutely unable to just give you something cool without making you grind til you hate it.

E: I guess it doesn't help that titan stasis melee still doesn't work and the super is absolutely terrible.

Paracelsus posted:

"Not Breaking Down When Things Move Quickly" has never been this game's strength.
I really hope grapple doesn't end up turning the game into Warframe, my creaky old man hands have already had to give up one weird space grind :ohdear:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got back into this after playing a bit at launch (enough to do the first raid which was fun) then briefly came back for Shadowkeep (stopped after the campaign) and now have been digging my teeth into Witch Queen.

I'm enjoying myself but I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing, I did all of the seasonal campaign stuff with Rasputin, and have been doing whatever weekly activities I can for better gear but I'm not sure if there's something in particular worth putting time into.

Also are Heist Battlegrounds just a pain with randos or have I been unlucky? My experience has been usually the first leg takes forever and it's a revolving door of my teammates dying every 3 seconds, a mostly painless middle, and then the finale taking forever because of the same problems as the beginning. I managed to actually get a team that seemingly knew what they were doing yesterday and we cleared in 14mins which is...like 10 mins shorter than any other run I've done.

Also, is there any chance of the older expansions going on sale with Lightfall releasing? Sucks that I can't do the weekly heroic nightfalls because I don't own Forsaken but I don't feel like dropping 20 on it or 30 on Beyond Light for the subclass atm.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you’re playing on Playstation Beyond Light is currently free. That’s abut it. As for what you should be doing I’d probably just work on chasing whatever patterns you have avaiable (the Ikelos SMG in particular is great). If you have the deluxe pass / other seasons then they all have great patterns you could chase / craft. That and exotics quest you may not have are probably the good goals for the next couple of weeks.

The HELM focusing resetting daily is great if you’re willing to farm the umbral energy from the activities

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I suspect the reason stasis' usage is so low despite having a stasis focused season is that everyone loving hates it after being forced to grind it out in playlists. Bungie is absolutely unable to just give you something cool without making you grind til you hate it.

I would hardly call this a “stasis-focused season,” it got some mild buffs two months ago and that was it. The reason stasis is so low is because literally every other subclass got a major revamp within the last year and stasis has remained pretty stagnant, and could honestly use some further buffs. Stasis Warlock is great but hinges entirely on the turrets and nerfing those would send the whole subclass’s viability tumbling down, Stasis Hunter is goodish in PVP and nowhere else, Stasis Titan is a loving joke.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Is the Calus mini-tool as good as it feels? Running around maining arc titan with shoulder charge and the Calus smg equipped and it feels like so much fun to be running around so fast but I'm not sure there's value in investing the time to level it up for good crafted perks other than "space punchy man go fast haha"

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

Is the Calus mini-tool as good as it feels? Running around maining arc titan with shoulder charge and the Calus smg equipped and it feels like so much fun to be running around so fast but I'm not sure there's value in investing the time to level it up for good crafted perks other than "space punchy man go fast haha"

It’s one of the best guns in the game, maybe *the* best overall primary. Put enhanced Threat Detector and Incandescent on it asap.

Though if you’re an Arc Titan you might get more out of the Ikelos SMG.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah it loving owns for solar / incandescent builds.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah Calus SMG (TD/Incandescent) has been a mainstay since Haunted for me. You'll probably have it leveled up soon enough if you just use it when you want to.

Ikelos with Volt and FF has become a real contender too, and feels a little more flexible since jolt is just a powerful effect.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Ikelos is 69% better than Calus, jolt is a legitimate effect, incandescent is mostly visual compared to it

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's going to end up like the post-campaign stasis grind and it's going to loving suck. Having to run all over Europa for the aspects was second-worst only to having to run around playlists trying to unlock fragments.

E: I guess it doesn't help that titan stasis melee still doesn't work and the super is absolutely terrible.

I really hope grapple doesn't end up turning the game into Warframe, my creaky old man hands have already had to give up one weird space grind :ohdear:

Glacial Quake is actually a pretty good super, both in pvp and pve. It has trouble fitting into boss dps cycles due to its length, but the damage numbers are actually quite nice.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i don't even care about elemental synergy with my build, I just wanna run fast and punch faster

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

"Speak to me not of the darkness, I want no part of it."

*decodes a shitload of umbral engrams*

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Forward_Bee posted:

Glacial Quake is actually a pretty good super, both in pvp and pve. It has trouble fitting into boss dps cycles due to its length, but the damage numbers are actually quite nice.

Sounds like it's actually bad dps then? If it does Nice numbers over a Too Long time? It's crap in a group setting since the crystals take the other 2 to 5 players off the board until you're done, but its least offensive use is in solo content when you can just slam Heavy Smash over and over and get a decent shatter explosion at the end.

In Pve, behemoth class is in a weird spot because it has Worse healing than solar, worse overshield/DR than void, worse crowd control than all other subclasses, and worse burst damage than arc. It's not particularly good at anything AND it has longer cooldowns to boot. Stasis rework time!

Stasis Titan is a viable pvp subclass but the super is brought to space more often than not

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Wow, look at all these people disrespecting the snow globe. https://youtu.be/_OXYL42nLUA

Also in trials triple behemoth is like the world best/most annoying gimmick, especially on capture zone.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

My Behemoth numbers are low because it has no meaningful neutral self-sustain unless you're using Glacier Grenades and because I'm loving tired of roaming supers. I'd probably care more about it if I could throw one really big Diamond Lance instead of having yet another super where I run around and punch/slam.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I can't remember the last time I ran stasis, especially since you can fulfill almost any stasis damage requirement with legendaries now

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The titan melee is definitely trousers though. Just make it a shoulder charge.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

The slidey uppercut melee aspect should just be baked in, or a second selectable melee.
I don't think anyone likes the default stasis melee at all.
e: especially after it's been butchered because of crucible

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I'm trying to knock out whatever Seraph challenges I can, and I got my crucible pinnacle reward before I scored a single point in Rift.

I am once again begging Bungie to disentangle PvE from PvP

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Lib and let die posted:

I am once again begging Bungie to disentangle PvE from PvP

it already is tho??? pve and pvp balances are wildly different. if you think they're not, i challenge you to make an elemental well in crucible

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The problem with Rift isn't that the gear balance is wrong, it's that it's a mode where synchronized team play is needed for reliable success but they still encourage you to play it freelance with no mics

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kith posted:

it already is tho??? pve and pvp balances are wildly different. if you think they're not, i challenge you to make an elemental well in crucible

Hunter dodge has been nerfed like seventeen times because of PVP

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
The sleeper hit for Calus Micropeener for me is Enhanced Grave Robber/Enhanced Incandescent run on a hammer titan.

I think Enhanced Incandescent got pulled back a bit from when it was applying Lots Of Stacks of Scorch, and yeah it’s largely outshined by the Ikelos SMG at this point but CMT is def still a staple for me. I do have a crafted Threat Detector one too, just pointing out that “never reloading” is an additional fun perk for the laziest among us.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This is a good change

https://twitter.com/paultassi/status/1623383312524800000

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
*falls from sereph station spacewalk and lands on earth 15 minutes later with 1hp* drat that sucked

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

disagree. some of my funniest deaths have been when my arc speed boost is on and i'm doing my best impression of ricky bobby into the warmind vault

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sounds like it's actually bad dps then? If it does Nice numbers over a Too Long time? It's crap in a group setting since the crystals take the other 2 to 5 players off the board until you're done, but its least offensive use is in solo content when you can just slam Heavy Smash over and over and get a decent shatter explosion at the end.

In Pve, behemoth class is in a weird spot because it has Worse healing than solar, worse overshield/DR than void, worse crowd control than all other subclasses, and worse burst damage than arc. It's not particularly good at anything AND it has longer cooldowns to boot. Stasis rework time!

Stasis Titan is a viable pvp subclass but the super is brought to space more often than not

Doesn't really take anyone off the board, because the average crit spot on a boss sits above the stasis crystals. In Spire for example you can have a stasis titan go wild with quake while the other two sit back in a warlock well or something. In fact, Quake is drat near able to one phase the Spire final boss when running solo. It also works well in gambit (my preferred Stasis Titan mode) for the first one or two phases of primeval, since it can hack through those initial, annoying health gates, saving heavy ammo and supers from the rest of the team. My ultimate view on the super is that it is fine, but is outshined by other options based on situation (TCrash for best burst damage, bubble for team buffs, throwing hammers for raw add clear). I will say that Titan does have an abundance of "just fine" supers that do get nullified by other classes (bubble should really give a bigger damage buff than Well, for example).

Melee is bad, always has been. Slow, doesn't smack that hard, and seems to have a hard time connecting. Too much vulnerability for an effect at best equal to a void warlock charged melee. They should give it the Knockout treatment from arc 3.0, with unpowered melees able to do a small amount of slow after getting a melee kill. Being able to freeze an enemy in 2 to 3 smacks might be a bit overpowered, but the slow would give awesome utility especially with the announced LF changes.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

disagree. some of my funniest deaths have been when my arc speed boost is on and i'm doing my best impression of ricky bobby into the warmind vault

all that changes is you'll wall splat then die when a singe dreg shoots you

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/ability-changes-lightfall-d2

Pretty big solar rework out of nowhere, Hunter nerfs reverted (partially at least) and big Dawnblade buffs

I like it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Does this mean i can’t charge slam my fireteam to death anymore

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hunter dodge has been nerfed like seventeen times because of PVP

Firebert posted:

Pretty big solar rework out of nowhere, Hunter nerfs reverted (partially at least) and big Dawnblade buffs

I like it

Wow that was fast, thanks Bungie

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Does this mean i can’t charge slam my fireteam to death anymore

I hope so, gently caress eager edge trolls

This is almost certainly because testers kept grappling into walls and killing themselves, heh

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

Defeating a target when your shields are depleted grants you a temporary Void Overshield.

That's gonna be something in crucible

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

haveblue posted:

That's gonna be something in crucible

Everyone can get One Eyed Mask baked in now, at least to some extent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

I like it

A single tear rolls down my cheek at everything i'm reading.