Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Foxhound posted:

It took them one year to design a white box.

You forgot the kitchen timer in the lid, in case you have trouble figuring out when you're done with whatever you didn't want your phone distracting you from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gurgle-a-vorish-trading-card-game#/

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

quote:

75% of women today think that smart phones are ruining their relationships.

:crossarms:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It was a very, very in-depth study.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I'm so glad they branched out to include the slime 'pseudo semen' fetish

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/triton-world-s-first-artificial-gills-re-breather#/

I think these guys have been watching too many movies.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Wedemeyer posted:

I'm so glad they branched out to include the slime 'pseudo semen' fetish

The whole thing gives a troubling new meaning to "stretch goals".

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbPWitSTe2k

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Regardless of the weirdness of this fetish in particular I've never understood the point of "sexy" TCGs. It seems way better just jerk off and then play a card game rather than try and combine them and wind up with a bunch of grognards nursing semis under the table.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Sleeveless posted:

Regardless of the weirdness of this fetish in particular I've never understood the point of "sexy" TCGs. It seems way better just jerk off and then play a card game rather than try and combine them and wind up with a bunch of grognards nursing semis under the table.

I also just noticed that they have 51 backers, and about 4000 dollars. People are spending 80 dollars each on some poo poo show of a TCG that nobody will ever play.

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Mar 19, 2016

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I also just noticed that have 51 backers, and about 4000 dollars. People are spending 80 dollars each on some poo poo show of a TCG that nobody will ever play.

Look, that's nearly one player for every US state! Just walk over to the next state, and you have a player community! Easy peasy!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
It makes a lot more sense when you realize that it's just the dude getting other people to subsidize him commissioning thousands of dollars of furry vore artwork under the guise of making a card game.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Yeah, I like the part where he wants to spend $13000 of the $15000 on art and then the rest of it and his own pocket money will turn it into a physical card game and an android game.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Elliotw2 posted:

Yeah, I like the part where he wants to spend $13000 of the $15000 on art and then the rest of it and his own pocket money will turn it into a physical card game and an android game.

i like the part where it's flexible funding so when he fails to make his goal he just gets to do whatever.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
has there been a worth while kickstarter since i been gone

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

has there been a worth while kickstarter since i been gone
Not yet, go away for a bit longer.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

It's a scam. Given the density of oxygen dissolved in water you'd have to basically have a water pump moving hundreds of gallons per minute through your breathing device in order to actually supply a human with enough oxygen. (I don't remember the exact numbers.)

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Zereth posted:

It's a scam. Given the density of oxygen dissolved in water you'd have to basically have a water pump moving hundreds of gallons per minute through your breathing device in order to actually supply a human with enough oxygen. (I don't remember the exact numbers.)

Also, they claim it works by filtering out the water molecules, ignoring that water molecules really are pretty much the same size as oxygen molecules and that's not how gills work at all. Gills work by osmosis which won't work with their pressured capsule of collected oxygen (or rather, it will work very well but in the wrong direction).

Seeing this one yesterday, prompted me to revisit another technical miracle that can only be realized using IGG flexible funding, the magical Skarp laser razor; turns out they have an unforeseen delay, so now they made a secret Facebook group so only true believers can get updates. That makes sense and sounds legit. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-skarp-laser-razor-21st-century-shaving#/updates

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

speaking of IGG scams, this one also appears to be totally impossible:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-speaker-the-speaker-that-only-you-can-hear#/story

A speaker that only you can hear, somehow.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

But Qim Jong ill used one in star wars

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-speaker-the-speaker-that-only-you-can-hear#/story

A beam of sound, like lasers, that is not reflected from any surface. Sounds legit.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

So, Indiegogo is basically The Sharper Image catalog, now?

Except you have to wait a lot longer for your stuff.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

That kind of tech has actually been around for a bit. A similar product called SoundLazer had a successful kickstarter about four years ago, but I can't find any reviews or evidence of people using them.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Fry's had audio booths using directional audio so you don't have to wear headphones.

Looks like some restaurants using it too:

MrMoo has a new favorite as of 17:30 on Mar 19, 2016

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Manky posted:

That kind of tech has actually been around for a bit. A similar product called SoundLazer had a successful kickstarter about four years ago, but I can't find any reviews or evidence of people using them.

huh. welp, that's cool. comments on the soundlazer's kickstarter page are pretty positive.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That is a gud knife.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Alien Rope Burn posted:

So, Indiegogo is basically The Sharper Image catalog, now?

Except you have to wait a lot longer for your stuff.
No, products in that catalog usually exist.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Mental Image

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

The Mental Image

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Is this being read by a person or a computer?

Edit: Adult Swim needs to use this as inspiration for an "infomercial".

RandomPauI has a new favorite as of 06:48 on Mar 20, 2016

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

The Mental Image

:golfclap:

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

MrMoo posted:

Fry's had audio booths using directional audio so you don't have to wear headphones.

Looks like some restaurants using it too:

Get Smart remake is coming together nicely

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

bongwizzard posted:

Those meat claws rule and are indispensable if you own a smoker. They literally cut the time needed to shred a butt by 1/10 over using forks and produces a better result. I also keep mine roped together and wear them around my neck while showering incase I am attacked while all naked and soapy.

Yeah, for 10 bucks or whatever, no reason not to have those claws if you smoke things with any regularity. I think I also saw him bitching about garlic presses, which is definitely a unitasker, but a really useful and efficient one.

I also like the thing that makes the egg dicks, but I havent purchased one yet.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

He hates garlic presses more because they pulverize garlic instead of crushing it. He advocates for smashing garlic cloves with a meat hammer or a heavy block of marble.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

CommunistPancake posted:

He hates garlic presses more because they pulverize garlic instead of crushing it. He advocates for smashing garlic cloves with a meat hammer or a heavy block of marble.

Or, you know, the flat of your knife. Garlic press is a bad tool because it's totally redundant to a tool you're already using and it does a shittier job.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Why not just use head phones?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Azubah posted:

That's not needlessly complicated!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Azubah posted:

because, as they clearly state in their pitch, headphones are "annoying"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yes, annoying. As opposed to experimenting with the setup of your directional speaker in order to make sure it hits you perfectly so long as you don't move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

because, as they clearly state in their pitch, headphones are "annoying"

The hilarious thing is when we first started talking about this, I had thought these were those "ears-free" headphones that Sony just put out. They sit on your neck and project the sound into your ear holes.

And that's not the craziest one, because that lead me to find someone has already produced bone conduction headphones for about almost a year now. They apparently were a spinoff of Google Glass research.