Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Yeah that doesn't look bad at all. There seems to be a timing element, and swing direction seems to have different effects. Hopefully it fleshes out more as you progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Old School RuneScape is out in early access on the Play store.

Edit: and you can't play it without a paid subscription. Welp.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 26, 2018

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Imagine giving Runescape money.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Imagine giving Runescape money.

No

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

My sole interaction with Runescape was playing for 5 minutes like 10-15 years ago, and some guy giving me a bunch of hats just outside where you first spawn. I quit a minute later. Hope those hats weren't worth anything.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

A while back, people were recommending Chimera Recollect and I've enjoyed it a lot. For the ones who've played it, does anyone know how you get the first (most top-left) rare animal part? I assume they'd be Small Animal R, but I haven't been able to find it.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Anyone playing Legend of Solgard? Came out two or so days ago, it's by the candy crush people, it's an interesting sorta lane puzzle rpg thing. I started playing it around 30 min and it seems relatively interesting (and the art looks great on s9+). Not sure if there is a 1-time payment option to remove freemium stuff but I haven't been playing long enough to hit any walls.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

VelociBacon posted:

Anyone playing Legend of Solgard? Came out two or so days ago, it's by the candy crush people, it's an interesting sorta lane puzzle rpg thing. I started playing it around 30 min and it seems relatively interesting (and the art looks great on s9+). Not sure if there is a 1-time payment option to remove freemium stuff but I haven't been playing long enough to hit any walls.

Is it a gameplay like Might and Magic : Clash of Heroes ?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Is it a gameplay like Might and Magic : Clash of Heroes ?

I've never played that but a quick google image shows that it's at least very similar.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Once again, in the market for a game that's easily interruptable and requires no (constant) internet. Work in a call center where they refuse to have wifi (the barbarians) up, but I still want something to do between calls. Right now all I really have is Minesweeper collector. I've done the classic ones (Hungry Cat Picross, Combat Cat, War Games, Dungeon Raid), but every time I peek here, all I see are PvP or gacha games.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
holedown? its pretty fun for a while but definitely feels like it has an "end", plus you'll want to keep headphones plugged in or your media volume turned to minimum because i couldnt find a mute option for it

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
This has been recommended a lot in general, but Solitairica. I was skeptical at first, but it's actually great. Solitaire works really well as a core mechanic, but the different combinations of spells/items class by class make them feel genuinely different and add a lot on to that base. There's way more depth than I initially thought, and it's fun to figure out and execute new strategies for each class as you unlock them. I also can definitely tell I'm getting better at it, which is satisfying.

Polytopia is a civ-lite that also plays as a kind of puzzler in the score mode, 80 Days (paid) is imo the best CYOA on the platform (maybe one of the Sorcery titles?), Pocket City is a solid city builder although you have to get the difficulty right or it gets boring.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

foutre posted:

This has been recommended a lot in general, but Solitairica. I was skeptical at first, but it's actually great. Solitaire works really well as a core mechanic, but the different combinations of spells/items class by class make them feel genuinely different and add a lot on to that base. There's way more depth than I initially thought, and it's fun to figure out and execute new strategies for each class as you unlock them. I also can definitely tell I'm getting better at it, which is satisfying.

Polytopia is a civ-lite that also plays as a kind of puzzler in the score mode, 80 Days (paid) is imo the best CYOA on the platform (maybe one of the Sorcery titles?), Pocket City is a solid city builder although you have to get the difficulty right or it gets boring.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything in this post, but especially Solitairica.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

VelociBacon posted:

I have been playing for a few days. It's pretty much Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes like SpaceGoatFarts said. It has some lootbox type stuff to level up and obtain new unit (via tokens). I haven't hit a wall either but I'm only level 6 or something. It's pretty fun and the art is pretty fun to look at.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Morter posted:

Once again, in the market for a game that's easily interruptable and requires no (constant) internet. Work in a call center where they refuse to have wifi (the barbarians) up, but I still want something to do between calls. Right now all I really have is Minesweeper collector. I've done the classic ones (Hungry Cat Picross, Combat Cat, War Games, Dungeon Raid), but every time I peek here, all I see are PvP or gacha games.

Check out Dungeon Maker. It's split up into lots of little manageable chunks so if you have to close it quickly you're losing out on like a minute of gameplay, tops.

Dungeon Maker! Anime Titty Dungeon Keeper /w decency toggle

Assuming you're okay being seen playing that in public, it's a great little game for 3 bux.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Nintendo announced Dragalia Lost will release on September 27 simultaneously in the US and Japan. This is Nintendo's mobile action-RPG co-developed with Cygames (Granblue Fantasy, Shadowverse, etc) so it should have pretty high production values. There is a stream tomorrow with more information.

Original reveal trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cc2ol9m2wg

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Twitch Prime is currently giving a month of OS Runescape for free, and you can Twitch Prime for a free trial month.

For people who wanna try the android client.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Looking forward to the Cygames one although I don't like the 3D chibi art style at all.

Also, for the starving gacha afficionados: There's currently a closed beta running for Tales of Erin (https://talesoferin.efun.com/ APK on the left side, Android only). I'm checking it out right now, found nothing special yet but pretty enough to keep me going for now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, who are these people that are desperate for lack of gatchas?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

There's a bunch of tabletop games in a current humble bundle. Most are for PC but there's Android copies of a few.

Mysterium
Sentinels of the Multiverse + dlc
Talisman + dlc
Pathfinder Adventures for PC which you can link to your mobile device to unlock the content

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Talisman is one of my favorite board games because of how little impact you actually have on anything. What little you do is strictly to dick someone else over. It's Crab Mentality the game.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I've finally finished Solitairica on epic with all classes, and now I'm looking for something to plug the giant Solitairica-shaped hole in my mobile gaming habits. I've already tried Card Thief and Miracle Merchant, but it's just not the same.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Paladinus posted:

I've finally finished Solitairica on epic with all classes, and now I'm looking for something to plug the giant Solitairica-shaped hole in my mobile gaming habits. I've already tried Card Thief and Miracle Merchant, but it's just not the same.

Just out of curiosity, how long did this take you?

Or, for clarity, how long have you had Solitairica, and how often do you play?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Just out of curiosity, how long did this take you?

Or, for clarity, how long have you had Solitairica, and how often do you play?

I had it installed for over a year, but took a huge break from it after completing everything on normal. I took me about two months playing mostly when flying and on the train, which happens often for me, so I'd say epic took something like 25-35 hours altogether. Normal probably took slightly longer than that.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but I've been playing a bit of Card Thief, still early in the game for me but it's a pretty fun solitaire puzzle game I think.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Aramoro posted:

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but I've been playing a bit of Card Thief, still early in the game for me but it's a pretty fun solitaire puzzle game I think.

I'm also trying it right now. So far my impression is that progression is kind of slow in it, and all play session were very similar, but maybe it gets more fun once you unlock more stuff.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Paladinus posted:

I'm also trying it right now. So far my impression is that progression is kind of slow in it, and all play session were very similar, but maybe it gets more fun once you unlock more stuff.

Higher castles also get a lot of new mechanics and get pretty hard, plus there are the daily puzzles. It is totally a game designed for playing here and there rather than sitting down to try and progress. It is another game that never leaves my phone.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Aramoro posted:

This is by the same person who made Miracle Merchant. He has some other games too, and it's interesting to try a couple of them side-by-side since they all have some similar ideas in terms of game mechanics, but the way they are implemented makes them work very differently in each game.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Maybe "starving gacha aficionados" refers to people who are literally starving after spending all their money on gacha games

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Solitairica seems fun so far, I'm digging it. Is there any trap to unlocking the full game or the 4 new decks? Are they something you can work towards on your own, or are they gated behind :fivecbux:?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Morter posted:

Solitairica seems fun so far, I'm digging it. Is there any trap to unlocking the full game or the 4 new decks? Are they something you can work towards on your own, or are they gated behind :fivecbux:?

5 bux. Basically you're buying the ability to unlock them with wildstone.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
DC Unchained's global launch is today. I'm interested to see if it is still a unfun, grindy, slog and moneysink.

It is DC property so most likely is.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you play the gatcha until you hit the paywall, uninstall, then play the next one. do this until your brain rots and you stick with whatever one your mush brain can operate on muscle memory

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Pre-registration is up for the Yakuza gacha and The Bel Canto released a few days back and is supposedly a pretty solid strategy/turn based RPG gacha.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Verranicus posted:

Pre-registration is up for the Yakuza gacha and The Bel Canto released a few days back and is supposedly a pretty solid strategy/turn based RPG gacha.

Do you have links?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Mr Hootington posted:

Do you have links?

They're both on the Japanese Play Store.

http://kongbakpao.com/yakuza-online-pre-registration/
http://kongbakpao.com/the-bel-canto-now-live-in-japan-stores/

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm looking for something slow or preferably turn-based, maybe a tactics game of some sort, playable on a normal sized phone.

Hoplite, PaD and Guild of Dungeoneering were all good but I'm burned out on them.

Gatcha games are fine but only if the core gameplay is actually good, it's reasonable to get anywhere without paying and the bullshit energy mechanic is generous enough to not matter, like it is in PaD p much.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Have you opened your heart to the good light that is Solitairica?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Solitairica is nice but I might want to supplement it with a more RPG-esque game. Hell I'm even considering the Knights of Pen & Paper games, which I already have, but never put much time into.

If it weren't for the online aspect, I'd probably be gravitating more for FE: Heroes for work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Morter posted:

Solitairica is nice but I might want to supplement it with a more RPG-esque game. Hell I'm even considering the Knights of Pen & Paper games, which I already have, but never put much time into.

If it weren't for the online aspect, I'd probably be gravitating more for FE: Heroes for work.

If you want something with more substance, but still relatively casual, try Ticket to Earth.