Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

aldantefax posted:

But of course!

Also, I ordered more of those cool clothes.

Yessss, what colors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I got another crane haori and a shinbonzakura haori along with some red ninja pants and a blue two piece thing. So, blacks, punks, reds, and blues!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Also, I have waxed my moustache, a fine time is being had as I prepare to go dance the tango choreography we are working on at the studio

Tampa Bae

Please, this is all I have

Mormon Nailer posted:

The bright side of this, though, is that it's the beginning of November, so just put November 2021 on the resume and please, please chuck it at the big five firms. I'm telling you right now you can walk into a WFH with them for $$$$$$ right now if you're just like, breathing.
My mentoree works for one of the four firms in NYC right now, that's on the other side of the coast but hell, I worked for the government for ten years that's either going to terrify or impress them

Robot Made of Meat

aldantefax posted:

Also, I got some new threads in the other week:

They are pretty comfy! The crane jacket is surprisingly warm for indoor use, but not unbearably warm.

I hate to tell you this, but your television is exploding.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Stoner Sloth

Tampa Bae posted:

I've had the same job for the last idk, almost ten years? It's on a contract basis so I need to apply for my own job every year, go through the whole song and dance, then negotiate a pay raise. Well this time it turns out my job was filled. I called my manager who I've had a great relationship with for the last ten years and I was told to talk to HR to find out why I couldn't apply, probably a mix-up. HR told me the job had been filled by someone else so I tried to call my manager back and found out they blocked my number

What a great way to get fired I guess. Maybe they forgot what department I work for (Accounting) and that I still have friends in their legal department who are also confused as to why I suddenly don't have a job.

But it's a government job so idk if I can afford to sue the government

:sympathy: sorry friend, that's a poo poo way for them to treat people

Manifisto

that's a drag, tampa bae, really sorry to hear it. sounds like they took the most cowardly route possible. screw 'em.

ty nesamdoom!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I hate to tell you this, but your television is exploding.

We took care of it

Also, I double checked, and it is shibazakura instead of shinbonzakura, whoops

Tampa Bae

Jokes on them, I now have an interview with EY next week and potentially a six figure job

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Tampa Bae posted:

Jokes on them, I now have an interview with EY next week and potentially a six figure job

That's excellent! :)

pecan

💵👀👀👀

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
we'll have to rename you to Six Figure Yob when you get it

Valko
Hi everyone! Thinking about taking a break from the gibbis. Maybe set up shop somewhere else.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Welcome!

Have you done the standard intro questions before?

Valko
Uhhh, no.

Do I need to be high to post here?

----------------

Zurtilik

welcome! do you have any pets or crimes you'd like to share?

No, you don't have to be high. But if you like being high we will revel in it with you.

Valko
First order of buisiness is to sort out a sig.

----------------

Valko
I have two goats and a dog. The dog is getting older now and he's starting to harass the goats more.

As for crimes? weed is illegal where im from

----------------

Tampa Bae

Code Jockey posted:

we'll have to rename you to Six Figure Yob when you get it
As long as I get to keep a Choi avatar, it's all I have.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Tampa Bae posted:

As long as I get to keep a Choi avatar, it's all I have.

Of course. It's all you have.

Zurtilik

Valko posted:

I have two goats and a dog. The dog is getting older now and he's starting to harass the goats more.

Excellent. Please post goats pics once you've grown comfortable enough to do so.

I don't have any good custom sig skills to give you but you're free to borrow the image I used for my sig for a while.

Zurtilik

Anyhow the number one rule of BYOB is :justpost:. Beyond that is to be nice and generally sincere.

If you can stick to those couple things you'll do very well here and we will be your buds!

Valko

Zurtilik posted:

Beyond that is to be nice and generally sincere.

Can you believe I honestly thought that was what GBS was all about?

I have an idea for a sig.

----------------

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Valko posted:

what are the goats' names and yes plz post pics of the goats

if you post here some talented yobber will almost certainly make you a fine and beautiful sig:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3979965

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Tampa Bae

There are a lot of sub-forums that talk about being nice and sincere but this is the only one that means it. People actually know who you are and ask you how you're doing and they're not being fictitious

Gramps

Valko posted:

Can you believe I honestly thought that was what GBS was all about?

I have an idea for a sig.

Cool goats homey welcome to the YOB. Great bunch of people we got here as you'll soon see. Looking forward to a hangin and a postin with ya you seem cool

Valko

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

what are the goats' names and yes plz post pics of the goats
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3979965

I wanted to name the goats Billy and Willy. My sister came up with Itchy and Scratchy.

No prizes for guessing what we choose.

----------------

biosterous

yeah the recent thing where someone was like "i haven't actually eaten many fruits" and byob's overwhelming response was "oh man here are some fruits i like, what fruits have you had i have some recommendations, also everyone have you heard of this obscure fruit it's great you should try it"

it's just, byob's like that, like pretty much all the time? i love it here. i love y'all.

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Zurtilik

It was me! I'm the one who somehow doesn't have scurvy!

Also plums are great. Though I think I already reported that.

Valko
Mangoes are my favourite.

So hard to pick out a good one, though.

----------------

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

^^^Nice sig^^^

I’ve been on a frozen pineapple kick lately it’s good

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Valko
I've got a good feeling about this place. I'm off to bed for now.

Found this guy wondering around the yard, I call him barney.

----------------

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I'm more of a tangerine guy, but they're a danger-fruit because when they're good they're really good, but a lot of the time they're weird and flavorless and somehow dry while squirting liquid instead.

Zurtilik

I tried a mango but I think I waited too long before eating it or maybe my brain didn't like what it was seeing because I'm convinced the center of it was like almost crunchy but that doesn't make a lot of sense...

Anyway, I think I'm gonna try to get some sort of pre sliced mango before I go back for the whole real thing again.

sb hermit

Zurtilik posted:

It was me! I'm the one who somehow doesn't have scurvy!

Also plums are great. Though I think I already reported that.

A 66 gram plum gives you 10% of recommended vitamin C. So plums are helping you stave off scurvey and the 'rona

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
You like a lizard? I saw this, the curliest-tailed of all lizards, on our window screen the other day.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sb hermit

Valko posted:

If you don't mind, please post pics of your dog.

roomforthetuna

With this quality of lizard you could save 25% on your car insurance. Without it even being a coupon and/or deal.

Valko

sb hermit posted:

If you don't mind, please post pics of your dog.

Trust me, I will. Not right now, it 2.16am and I don't want to wake him up. He barks.

Oh yeah, Barney is a newt.
https://www.arc-trust.org/smooth-newt

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

My upcoming loop is STL to Tulsa to Austin (possibly also Houston, I gotta go see Slush Garbo too if I can get hold of him), Santa Fe by way of Tucumcari, Flagstaff then Kingman but only one night because gently caress Kingman, up through the fields to Carmel for about two weeks, two weeks through the Bay, two weeks in Portland, a flight back unless someone convinces me I need to go to Billings which is increasingly likely right now, for reasons.

Wait! When are you going to be in Santa Fe? I'm aiming to be back there in late March/early April