Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Another Person posted:

he should have a book written already, due to be published following his death.

How sad that this book will never be published :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
They should do an oral history like they did with Saturday Night Live (Which is an amazing book), just of stories about Vince and his madness. He's an absolutely fascinating character, and most of the WWE is just his id run wild. Huge jacked men, divas, little guys being no good. There's complexes abound.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

How sad that this book will never be published :(

I mean Meltzer's death. Not Vince's.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Another Person posted:

I mean Meltzer's death. Not Vince's.

How sad that this book will never be published

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

An oral history of wwe after Vince dies could be loving amazing

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sportsgenius86 posted:

An oral history of wwe after Vince dies could be loving amazing

Everyone else might be dead by then, though. They should do it now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

Everyone else might be dead by then, though. They should do it now.

If he's not dead nobody is going to talk

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

What was the point of punk being on that recent art of wrestling episode?

"Grumble grumble loving creepy fans taking a picture of me in public they think I don't see them but I do"

Then he says he's got nothing to say and bails. I don't know if he came back at any point on that show because I couldn't handle the guy Colt had on after him and turned it off.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Mr. Carlisle posted:

"Grumble grumble loving creepy fans taking a picture of me in public they think I don't see them but I do"

Then he says he's got nothing to say and bails. I don't know if he came back at any point on that show because I couldn't handle the guy Colt had on after him and turned it off.

They may have been recording in Punk's house, which Colt does from time to time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I don't know if he came back at any point on that show because I couldn't handle the guy Colt had on after him and turned it off.

I tried listening and it sounded like Prazak had interesting things to say but his audio kept cutting out and in the end I had to give up. Colt did warn about that earlier in the show and said he was trying to get it fixed, but by the 200+ shows point I would have thought he had stuff like this figured out.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
after 200 shows does he still say "STUDIO... APARMENT" ?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

He's just doing what he wants when he wants to.

Jerusalem posted:

I tried listening and it sounded like Prazak had interesting things to say but his audio kept cutting out and in the end I had to give up. Colt did warn about that earlier in the show and said he was trying to get it fixed, but by the 200+ shows point I would have thought he had stuff like this figured out.

He probably wasn't recording in his normal spot then? Usually the quality is pretty good but occasionally he screws up, i.e. the live Cleveland show.

LordPants posted:

after 200 shows does he still say "STUDIO... APARMENT" ?

Yes.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

mariooncrack posted:

He's just doing what he wants when he wants to.

He probably wasn't recording in his normal spot then? Usually the quality is pretty good but occasionally he screws up, i.e. the live Cleveland show.

Yes.

It was recorded at Punk's house wasn't it?

Or was that just the opening?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

sportsgenius86 posted:

It was recorded at Punk's house wasn't it?

Or was that just the opening?

That was just the opening. The mic cutting in and out was due to a faulty microphone cord he's since replaced.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
his show is shocking. horrible lack of quality control. very difficult to even get ahold of the episodes through Downcast. needs a new server.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah that's why I just turned it off. There were some areas that were so bad that you missed entire sentences and stuff and it was pointless to try to figure out what the guy was saying.

But poo poo happens I suppose. No big deal. I only checked the episode out thinking Punk might actually say something interesting after having kept his silence for so long since it was his best friend's podcast or whatever and he usually talks more candidly when there.

Just him complaining about the horrors of being famous as usual. Sure people are weird and rude but that tends to happen if you're a public figure for over a decade and he knew wrestling fans were weird long before he got rich off of them.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ICHIBAHN posted:

his show is shocking. horrible lack of quality control. very difficult to even get ahold of the episodes through Downcast. needs a new server.

And when it finally does download, you get the first fifteen minutes and then it cuts out.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I've never really had much issue downloading it via iCatcher on my phone

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Rey on MLW this week. Might have to give it a listen.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

In the latest Rex Before E, we discuss King Of The Ring 1999 and WCW Great American Bash 1991. As well, Striking Yak stops by for some Q&A!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

This was mostly checking in on Rey. Nothing like the Jericho interview and no news other than lot more reiterating that he's pretty much done with wrestling.

Court says ADR is in the works. If he's not keeping quiet because of lawsuits that should be a hell of a show.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Considering ADR pretty much publicly told WWE to blow him it should be interesting, unless Konnan tells him not to say certain things that'll get him sued or something

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

dsriggs posted:

Wrestling Podcasts: 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZg8E72xXFA

replace "book" with "shirt" when neccessary

Hope it leads to Vince reenacting this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNOyI9V2RfE

Edit: that is really apropos of nothing, but come on, Duke Phillips is as much Vince McMahon as he is Ted Turner. He just embraces his hillbilly nature.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Luigi Thirty posted:

Considering ADR pretty much publicly told WWE to blow him it should be interesting, unless Konnan tells him not to say certain things that'll get him sued or something

I love it when they go "Don't worry about it, keep your head down and you'll be back in sixth months" and the talent goes "whatevs man, I'll make more money on the indies now!" or "blow me I'm going off to Mexico"

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

rovert posted:

Someone synced the Austin podcast with the video here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/kd6TJSizKgENhp96p2u

Thanks man!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

LordPants posted:

I love it when they go "Don't worry about it, keep your head down and you'll be back in sixth months" and the talent goes "whatevs man, I'll make more money on the indies now!" or "blow me I'm going off to Mexico"

It was reported that ADR wanted out of there as soon as his contrsct expired months before the incident happened.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Oct 20, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

There's not much to it outside of the big reveal that he spends a lot of time driving his kids around now.

Jerusalem posted:

Latest Talkin' Shop is full of amazing stories about merch being stolen and a wrestling promoter terrified of "Japanese Style". It's really drat good.

This is a pro-click. The Shop guys are in top form here. Also I really want to see Okada in the Bucks gear, superkicking random stuff.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 20, 2014

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I try to avoid anything MLW except the Talkin Shop and Jim Cornette stuff. But the few times I've listened, I really want to know what Konnan's beef with Isis is. Like all I know is someone dropped some poorly lit nudes of her and she was done with WWE. Also her matches were pretty awful.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is it her that he's always razzing Colt about dating, or am I thinking of someone else?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Thauros posted:

It was reported that ADR wanted out of there as soon as his contrsct expired months before the incident happened.

Yes, that's what makes the WWE telling him he'll be back so funny.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is it her that he's always razzing Colt about dating, or am I thinking of someone else?

Yeah, which Colt vehemently denies. AFAIK Colt really doesn't date at all.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
The plan is to record a podcast tonight. If you have questions you'd like us to answer, post them now!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

The Goog posted:

The plan is to record a podcast tonight. If you have questions you'd like us to answer, post them now!

When is Hulkamatt going to review the book I got him?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jubs posted:

When is Hulkamatt going to review the book I got him?

Hulkamatt is no longer on the podcast.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

KungFu Grip posted:

Will he be back in 6 months if he keeps his head down?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I can't wait to see what the OSW guys say about that little seen movie The Happening. Ugh.

Stick with wrestling please. Or just make it audio only or something. Things are already slow going as it is. That podcast desperately needs focus.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

coconono posted:

I try to avoid anything MLW except the Talkin Shop and Jim Cornette stuff. But the few times I've listened, I really want to know what Konnan's beef with Isis is. Like all I know is someone dropped some poorly lit nudes of her and she was done with WWE. Also her matches were pretty awful.

No, no, he just really hates the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Goog posted:

If Karl Anderson called your internet name stupid, how much would you cry?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

KungFu Grip posted:

Really? Like he's just totally done entirely? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I Before E posted:

No, no, he just really hates the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

No, that's Cornette who thinks all Muslims are ISIS.

• Locked thread