Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I might not be hosting tomorrow, I got norovirus and am puking my guts out :cry:

I'll try to make it if I can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I'll be online today at the normal time (20:00 GMT, 3pm Eastern US). I'm not planning on running anything special, just a fun lobby with some random racing. Probably focused on C-R3 with one or two F ones thrown in.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'll be there.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

As is typical I played until I hard locked.

Had a lot of fun though.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The 24 Hours of Daytona is on this weekend, so I am not entirely sure how long I will be here Saturday. I wanna do some racing for sure though and will start up the lobby at the normal time.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Just do what I do and stream it on your laptop next to you while you Forza.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Just tuned into the 24 hours at Daytona. Saw the Deltawing for the first time, what the gently caress is that!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Panoz gave it a closed cockpit and a lot of chrome.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cannot Find Server posted:

The 24 Hours of Daytona is on this weekend, so I am not entirely sure how long I will be here Saturday. I wanna do some racing for sure though and will start up the lobby at the normal time.

Its the normal time :colbert:

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
Basticle, can you post the link to the live stream of the 24 hour race. Coverage just ended on FOX and there isn't anything on Speed Network or Velocity.

edit: Just found it on FOX Sports 2 :D

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The website I've used to watch Le Mans, Sebring etc. etc. over the years dosent currently have anything for this race :argh:

I dont know if I could even link to it anyway.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Basticle posted:

Its the normal time :colbert:

Let's just say I was up until 4am drinking heavily and didn't even catch the start of the race :negative:

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Big crash between the #62 and #99... Goddamn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BymOht1DVSk

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
Yea, I just saw it live on tv. It was horrendous :(

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

this was posted in SAS

bald and fail II posted:

I should just do a google search before asking dumb questions.
http://www.racefansonlytv.com/

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo the lights on these cars! Wow!

I never gave a poo poo about nighttime racing in sims until just now, I would *love* to see cars like these with the light stripes and numbers and stuff, especially there in a lit stadium like Daytona. Truly an amazing spectacle.

Is there a thread for this race over at SAS?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

According to Twitter, the most reliable of sources, Memo is alive and conscious. So there's that.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Holy poo poo the lights on these cars! Wow!

I never gave a poo poo about nighttime racing in sims until just now, I would *love* to see cars like these with the light stripes and numbers and stuff, especially there in a lit stadium like Daytona. Truly an amazing spectacle.

Is there a thread for this race over at SAS?

There are threads for all forms of racing in SAS and IRC channels and everything.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

According to Twitter, the most reliable of sources, Memo is alive and conscious. So there's that.

There are threads for all forms of racing in SAS and IRC channels and everything.
Thanks, I'll go looking for them.

BTW, hope you're feeling better.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

If it isnt F1, NASCAR or Indy it can be found in the Misc. Auto Racing thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599339

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Anyone want to race soonish?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'll join in, if you'll have me.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'm in a ABCS lobby

I forget your gt

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Basticle posted:

I'm in a ABCS lobby

I forget your gt

Captain Howdy 0

Lemme boot up and plug in the old wheel.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Great races, thanks so much!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I'll be hosting a lobby tomorrow, same time as always. Maybe this time I'll actually be there :v:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'll be there.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lobby going up in less than an hour. I'm here and awake and not hung over and everything!

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Lobby going up in less than an hour. I'm here and awake and not hung over and everything!

This sounds good, I'll be online in 5 minutes!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

HELLO DO YOU SPEAK FRENCH!?

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

HELLO DO YOU SPEAK FRENCH!?

'ELLO
Hello
Does anybody speak French?
I can speak a bit of Spanish...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPQUNUUVwUE

We are a cultured bunch

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

hahahahaha

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

God help me, I'm jonsein for some racing so much I signed up for the lastest season of the super-serious sim league I used to run in a while ago. :smithicide:

Basticle fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 4, 2014

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Damnit, I keep having other things to do on Saturday evening, could we do a Friday race at some point in the future? Hell, I could host one for those that are interested. Would probably be something silly like a modern DTM spec or something though. Unless people want to run superbeetles.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I'm late to the Forza 4 party since I just bought an xbox 360 not too long ago, I am loving this game. My IRL Ford Fiesta is actually in the game, sort of. It's the right hand drive version but still neat to be able to drive my real life car in some form. And there's an old 80s Volvo too! I used to drive an 88 740 Station Wagon. The car selection in this game is amazing. :allears:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Basticle posted:

God help me, I'm jonsein for some racing so much I signed up for the lastest season of the super-serious sim league I used to run in a while ago. :smithicide:

Oh man, I just went through the list, and the Morgan is a car you can drive in this league. I am pretty tempted to hop in it now :unsmigghh:

Starhawk64 posted:

I'm late to the Forza 4 party since I just bought an xbox 360 not too long ago, I am loving this game. My IRL Ford Fiesta is actually in the game, sort of. It's the right hand drive version but still neat to be able to drive my real life car in some form. And there's an old 80s Volvo too! I used to drive an 88 740 Station Wagon. The car selection in this game is amazing. :allears:

Yo if you have Live Gold, join our club so you can race with us every Saturday! :)

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Starhawk64 posted:

You should race with goons, makes the game double amazing. Even if you are terrible and only drive gimmick cars(Like me!), The murderbentley will never not be a thing of beauty.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

AzMiLion posted:

You should race with goons, makes the game double amazing. Even if you are terrible and only drive gimmick cars(Like me!), The murderbentley will never not be a thing of beauty.

Certainly! I'd be up for some clunker/old school car racing. How do you go about joining goon races? I'm new to this Xbox Live stuff.

Also, I updated my game and now there's all these DLC only cars that I want but can't buy. What's the best option to get the most cars without being nickle and dimed too much?

My gamertag is MetalMoose79. I work on Saturdays but anytime after 7:00pm EST works for me.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 7, 2014

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Starhawk64 posted:

Certainly! I'd be up for some clunker/old school car racing. How do you go about joining goon races? I'm new to this Xbox Live stuff.

Also, I updated my game and now there's all these DLC only cars that I want but can't buy. What's the best option to get the most cars without being nickle and dimed too much?

insert gran turismoo joke here

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Starhawk64 posted:

Post your gamertag, someone will eventually invite you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Reminder that the weekly lobby is going up in an hour

• Locked thread