Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lmao someone just said git gud about waggling

Sorry you are bad at waggling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lmao someone just said git gud about waggling

it shouldn't even be a complaint, but here we are

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jonas Albrecht posted:

These things are unrelated?

Pretty sure there was a positive link between the amount of people who thought the WiiU sucked, and it's failure. And that this number didn't decrease in the slightest after Nintendo showed off that they do not understand shooters, were planning to rip off Skylanders, and really didn't have anything else going for them at E3 2014.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

bef posted:

it shouldn't even be a complaint, but here we are

The darkest timeline.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Pretty sure there was a positive link between the amount of people who thought the WiiU sucked, and it's failure. And that this number didn't decrease in the slightest after Nintendo showed off that they do not understand shooters, were planning to rip off Skylanders, and really don't have anything else going for them at E3 2014.

Right, but you're quoting me saying the literal Wii U hate thread was killed off by E3 2014. That's completely unrelated to the performance of the Wii U. Also, if you're talking about amiibos and Splatoon, both were massive successes.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The prelaunch doomsaying is amusing in retrospect, but the people who still insist that splatoon somehow failed are funnier.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Right, but you're quoting me saying the literal Wii U hate thread was killed off by E3 2014. That's completely unrelated to the performance of the Wii U. Also, if you're talking about amiibos and Splatoon, both were massive successes.

Among Nintendo fans with absolutely no penetration outside of this group. Nintendo are masters of marketing to their established audience, I won't dispute, but seem to know sweet gently caress all about expanding that audience lately (and it's looking more and more obvious that the Wii was just dumb luck). The aforementioned failure of the WiiU shows that this strategy cannot work with the audience they have today, and the Switch ain't looking better.

Also I might be misremembering but I thought there was no dedicated wiiu mockery thread, just a single wiiu thread and eventually fanboys got so fed up seeing criticism that they just made any non-hugbox discussion breaking the rules.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Among Nintendo fans with absolutely no penetration outside of this group. Nintendo are masters of marketing to their established audience, I won't dispute, but seem to know sweet gently caress all about expanding that audience lately (and it's looking more and more obvious that the Wii was just dumb luck). The aforementioned failure of the WiiU shows that this strategy cannot work with the audience they have today, and the Switch ain't looking better.

Also I might be misremembering but I thought there was no dedicated wiiu mockery thread, just a single wiiu thread and eventually fanboys got so fed up seeing criticism that they just made any non-hugbox discussion breaking the rules.

How are you both extremely smug AND extremely stupid?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Motto posted:

The prelaunch doomsaying is amusing in retrospect, but the people who still insist that splatoon somehow failed are funnier.

How much did it boost WiiU sales in America or Europe? Cause y'know, there is a term for a system seller game that cannot sell systems.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

It doesn't really matter or diminish the fact that Splatoon had an attach rate of nearly half of all Wii Us, or that Amiibos outsold Skylanders and Infinity combined.

Fulchrum posted:

Also I might be misremembering but I thought there was no dedicated wiiu mockery thread,

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549771

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

How much did it boost WiiU sales in America or Europe? Cause y'know, there is a term for a system seller game that cannot sell systems.

You're an absurd clown person and you will never know true love.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

one might say a foul lump of deformity

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It doesn't really matter or diminish the fact that Splatoon had an attach rate of nearly half of all Wii Us, or that Amiibos outsold Skylanders and Infinity combined.
You are definitely gonna have to back that up, because Skylanders has sold 250 million figures as of last year and Amiibos were under 40 million in September. So unless 211 million amiibos got sold this Christmas and it didn't make the headlines, Sylanders is waaaay out in front.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/carrieffisher/status/4116112099?lang=en

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

You are definitely gonna have to back that up, because Skylanders has sold 250 million figures as of last year and Amiibos were under 40 million in September. So unless 211 million amiibos got sold this Christmas and it didn't make the headlines, Sylanders is waaaay out in front.

You have brain damage and you should go back to the threads where they like the funny sales numbers.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

please no one argue with deak about sales numbers, only morons overly invested in a game console's failure or people who own stock care about sales numbers

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He's not wrong though.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

Probably cause it's in the Rare Replay bundle, with almost sane controls too.

Well that makes me consider getting an Xbone for the first time

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

He's not wrong though.

yeah and i'm saying it doesn't matter if he's right or wrong

don't let your love of video games turn into some retarded capitalist bloodsport

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

He's not wrong though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BihxkCLt5nk

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Brother Entropy posted:

yeah and i'm saying it doesn't matter if he's right or wrong

don't let your love of video games turn into some retarded capitalist bloodsport

I dunno if you noticed, but Nintendo is a business. They don't care about you, they want your money.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

I dunno if you noticed, but Nintendo is a business. They don't care about you, they want your money.

video game companies not caring about you is exactly why it's stupid to slapfight about them online

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fulchrum posted:

Careful arguing silly things like "facts" with the Nintendo-loving goons.

Brother Entropy posted:

Yeah, it doesn't fit Nintendo's MO at all.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I own zero stock in Nintendo but about 25 or 30 games on the Wii U.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Looks like I'm wrong on this one. I was quoting 2014 figures.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
super mario 3d world is fun

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

That's nasty, man. How dare you?

Stop being so easily provoked by The Deak.

Deaks gonna deak. Roll your eyes and move on.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

luv 2 console war

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Kawabata posted:

super mario 3d world is fun

Isn't it though? The multiplayer is great too, and for some reason tends to foster far less backstabing than the 2D Mario co-op. I'd be lying if I said I never deliberately through my partner off a cliff because he stole the cat suit from me, though.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Fhate posted:

That's nasty, man. How dare you?

Stop being so easily provoked by The Deak.

Deaks gonna deak. Roll your eyes and move on.

I didn't watch it

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Brother Entropy posted:

video game companies not caring about you is exactly why it's stupid to slapfight about them online

I'm not. I'm laughing at their failure with the WiiU, and that they are making the same mistakes, and a bunch of worse ones, with the Switch.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
16 days to go? Do our lives have meaning yet?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Fulchrum posted:

I'm not. I'm laughing at their failure with the WiiU, and that they are making the same mistakes, and a bunch of worse ones, with the Switch.

:baby:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

16 days to go? Do our lives have meaning yet?

Yeah, in the sense that each of us are alive and capable of making choices that influence our own lives and the lives of others.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Minus1Minus1 posted:

I'm hearing buy a WiiU for Galaxy 2, NSMB Wii and WiiU, 3D World, and Mario Maker. Did I hear that right, thread?

A WiiU is still way too overpriced to consider buying one new for a handful of old games, half of which you mentioned would work on a Wii which is approximately free on craigslist.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

OldSenileGuy posted:

The Galaxy games are prevented from being truly classic by being saddled with the awful waggle controls. If there was a way to play the whole game without waggle, it would be infinitely better.

But invariably on those levels where you have to do a waggle jump to make the platforms flip back and forth, I'll get halfway through the level, and the waggle won't work on one of the jumps, and I'll want to throw my controller through a wall. It's like trying to play through a classic SMB game where the B Button is jump, but it only works 80% of the time.

I think you can bind a button (e.g. stick press) to one of several standard types of waggle actions in Dolphin.

That and a patch for Skyward Sword would make the Wii catalog worth exploring again.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No one gives a poo poo about Dolphin.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

As someone who liked the look of hit game Xenoblade Chronicles I give a poo poo about Dolphin

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I've been replaying Skyward Sword lately, and I appreciate and enjoy the variety and overall quality of the included waggle actions. One or two of them just don't work very well. A lot of them are kind of badly explained. But largely fun. It does, however, make it the one Zelda game that can never be remade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waltzing Along posted:

someones never played double dash or mario party online

• Locked thread