Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Shipping containers are sofa king dumb. It's cheaper to just use pieces of steel instead of retrofitting them. Liberal brain rot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Weka posted:

that's the guest bedroom

no I wouldn't, I would survive easily

=====

for a real thrill there's this air BnB made from two 20ft shipping containers suspended 60ft up
https://www.airbnb.co.nz/rooms/964364740692136214?source_impression_id=p3_1715848394_vj7ulnuHIEtk5VvG

I know that if my awful brain managed to work for like 10 seconds I coul see all the problems with this idea but all I can manage for now is think ''actually that's kind of cool'' which worries me a little?

Have I fallen for the syren songs of liberalism by letting myself be tempted by a luxury trash cabin on stilts just because it seems fun?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

yes. liking things is the thirteenth form of liberalism.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The Jetsons shipping container house is cool

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

See more Georgia

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
That doesn't look very suspended

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Finally, some proper Star Trek image macros

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

:hellyeah:

MightyBigMinus posted:

that is the perfect american 20-something guys version of housing. 50K car, 50K house. the house will be structurally compromised to prioritize parking. also you will spend your every waking moment walking up and down stairs, well, the ones you're not tripping and falling on stairs. there is no room for cooking or for friends.

Theres room for a chair and TV, why would he need friends????

The shipping container living/tinyhouse movement is so weird and widespread. Do I have Epstein Brain if I wonder if its being pushed from above?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
it's being pushed from above a bit, but the tiny house / shipping container thing is like catnip for architecture students and design competitions so you see a whole bunch of dumb poo poo that's not thought out very well

it's a project that's relatively limited in scope that looks like it's forward thinking and addressing current / future housing issues, and you can hand wave (lie) about how it's sustainable and environmentally friendly and affordable

the same reason industrial design students are always redesigning the bicycle by examining the concept and then removing anything good or useful about it

both things are easy for brain dead "tech" "journalists" to grab a few renders, write three paragraphs about how it's so futuristic and will change the world, and then hit publish

the milk machine has issued a correction as of 15:05 on May 16, 2024

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
People are always trying to reinvent the house, the bus, and getting hosed up

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

the reptilians want you to live in trash and eat bugs. all part of being transdimensional psychic vampires that manifest as vhs tracking errors and video artifacts

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Hatebag posted:

the reptilians want you to live in trash and eat bugs. all part of being transdimensional psychic vampires that manifest as vhs tracking errors and video artifacts

:hmmyes:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm00h-6pVJM

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The kitchen is the level just below the bathroom, they just didn't include the air fryer, hotplate, or sink in the diagram.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I'd like to live in a tiny house so long as my garden and workshop are enormous and well stocked. I'm talking enough tools to build a car from first principles and feed a small army with beans

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
yeah tiny house huge garden is a pro setup that is unfortunately really rare, at least where i live (nightmare realm)

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
As someone who loves video games that make me design a little spaceship, I can fully sympathize with the idea that tiny houses are just so cool to work on as an architect or urban designer.

e: Beautiful Concrete Submarines

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the factory i work at is at the end of this long country road and there's a bunch of mcmansions lining the road on the way there, it's crazy to me that all these guys have the same huge rear end lawn with just nothing in it. no gardens, no trees, no bushes, just acres of flat grass they all have to mow for 6 hours every sunday lol

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lawns are yet another crime the british committed against the world

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

death to lawn guys

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the factory i work at is at the end of this long country road and there's a bunch of mcmansions lining the road on the way there, it's crazy to me that all these guys have the same huge rear end lawn with just nothing in it. no gardens, no trees, no bushes, just acres of flat grass they all have to mow for 6 hours every sunday lol

For a lot of these people, this is the only time they spend alone with their thoughts apart from showering. That's incredibly therapeutic when you're someone who doesn't know how to take care of themselves emotionally

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
you're right, mowing IS self-care

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sdl936OIoR1z0lvw3.mp4

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
good idea if you want to convince suburbanites lawns are hella gay

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

This one is actually the fault of the French, for what it's worth

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you're right, mowing IS self-care

It's the closest thing to meditation or mindfulness practice that a lot of suburban mayonnaise pile men will ever get

gently caress lawns tho

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
incorrect

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

sandwiches with mexican characteristics

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

that would be a torta or cemita

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
if you cut a taco in half diagonally in public you would be put in a rubber room

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Would that make taco bites tea sandwiches?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

drat horror queefs posted:

This one is actually the fault of the French, for what it's worth

the united kingdom is the fault of the french. it's frogs all the way down!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

https://twitter.com/CoolBoxArt/status/1546007176015142913?t=aMSGIBsUnX2gYnuNBVNVaw&s=19

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ngl I want that bump-n-grind demolition derby shirt

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

want to shout this at everyone with a marble statute avatar on twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

JGdmn posted:

want to shout this at everyone with a marble statute avatar on twitter

Those people think if you do more slaughters the machine spits out more marble statues, half of those people agree with him but think King Leopold was good