Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Jeza posted:

Yeah it's a way softer tournament, and a more reasonably attainable big payout given the team turnout, but I think any ambitious team is extremely focused on performing at Majors and reaching Legend status. Sticker money, sponsorship stuff, guaranteed placement at the next Major and so on. This is the first edition of this WESG tournament, who knows what will happen for it in the future

I can't remember exactly why but I think there is some doubt they'll actually pay out the prizes (the organiser might have done something similar in another game?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Stumbletron posted:

I can't remember exactly why but I think there is some doubt they'll actually pay out the prizes (the organiser might have done something similar in another game?)

From Googling it seems like something with a similar name did some smaller scale shady DotA/Hearthstone tournaments in China, though it looks like it was mostly resolved (eventually). This seems a lot bigger and the list of sponsors seems pretty legit. Looks like Alibaba trying to establish itself for eSports in the future. This kind of prize money is chump change for them.

I guess with China you can never be too surprised if weird money stuff starts happening, and I guess that's why there's some concern, but you can't really get more financial muscle behind a tournament than Alibaba. If the tournament is a wash or whatever, they'll probably still pay out and just not hold another one.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Jeza posted:

Alibaba

I dunno, if I was already worried about getting paid invoking Jack Ma's name wouldn't exactly be a boost to my confidence

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

real dilemma posted:

I dunno, if I was already worried about getting paid invoking Jack Ma's name wouldn't exactly be a boost to my confidence

If this is in reference to something in particular I don't know what it is. From what I know Jack Ma is alright, Alibaba is reasonably well regarded in the West for a Chinese company. The whole eSports shebang will be run through one/several of their subsidiary companies, and who can say whether they will be totally above board, but I would be (somewhat) surprised to see to a prize money debacle.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Just FYI for dudes in thread. Currently wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours in regard to the whole passing out thing. Finally got seen

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Soulex posted:

Just FYI for dudes in thread. Currently wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours in regard to the whole passing out thing. Finally got seen

Glad to hear it soulex, good luck

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Soulex posted:

Please play some cs and record the heart monitor so when you clutch we see just how excited you were. Also good luck on the heart thing, serious business.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nope thank you guys. Helped me realize that no, it is not normal.

Now I just need to get on the burn out registry

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3aV8auMWdQ

Never again.

Never forget.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
im proud to die for that clip

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:siren:600 MB UPDATE INCOMING:siren:

e:

quote:

[THE ELEAGUE ATLANTA 2017 CS:GO MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIP]
– Team stickers, stickers autographed by professional CS:GO players, and all-new team graffiti are available for purchase in-game and from the Steam Community Market, with 50% of the proceeds going to players and organizations. For more details, visit http://www.counter-strike.net/pickem/atlanta2017
– Team stickers can be used as game pieces for the Atlanta 2017 Team Pick’Em Challenge.
— Group stage picks can be made immediately, Playoff picks can be made when the group stage has completed.
— Group stage picks lock at the start of the group stage matches.
— Playoff picks lock at the start of the first Playoff matches.

[GAMEPLAY]
– Players killed during grenade-throwing animation will no longer drop a duplicate grenade if that grenade has already been thrown.
– func_breakables will no longer make noise when hits deal no damage.

[MISC]
– Added a server setting sv_steamauth_enforce to allow tournament organizers for LAN events to delay player kick due to No Steam Logon client issue until the end of a live round when tournament match will automatically pause and a round backup with all correct information will be saved for reconnect.

[MAPS]
-Mirage
–Fixed various spots where C4 could get stuck
–Removed some slight gaps in cover in Bombsite A

-Nuke
–Fixed bug where jumping inside of Toxic in Bombsite B would clip the playermodel through the ceiling
–Removed vent-sound from top of Mini, Bombsite A

-Cache
–Fixed sound-spam when shooting at vent in Checkers through a prop
–Clipping improvements
–Optimizations

-Inferno
–Fixed some minor graphical bugs
–Fixed a spot where players could get stuck near Boiler, Bombsite A
–Added backfaces to gate used at bottom of Banana, Bombsite B

I thought there would be more considering the size.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jan 13, 2017

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm sure there is more in there.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I mean yolo right.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
rofl

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

neat looking stickers

also:

quote:

– Added a server setting sv_steamauth_enforce to allow tournament organizers for LAN events to delay player kick due to No Steam Logon client issue until the end of a live round when tournament match will automatically pause and a round backup with all correct information will be saved for reconnect.

super cool change.

now for them to actually fix the bug.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

My favorite part is that if this was MM you woulda got instantly reported at the end of the round

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
What stickers should I buy? Foils? Holos?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
If you care about fancy stickers on your guns, but at the tail end of the tournament the prices drop a ton so I'd buy normal stickers if you're interested in the pick 'em challenge and later get holos or foils when they go on sale.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Yeah cool, I want some fancy ones so I'll wait. Thanks.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
It sucks that the English WESG stream is slaved to the main Russian stream. I really don't think all that many people prefer to watch tier 2 Chinese teams fight Tier 4 teams from Hong Kong when they could be watching VP vs Epsilon instead.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Post ur pickems

stump collector
May 28, 2007
my only complaint about the stickers is that i want all of them

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Luna Was Here posted:

Post ur pickems

Navi 3-0, flipsid3 0-3 is what id pick but that means id actually have to buy a flipside sticker so gently caress that. liquid 0-3.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Depths posted:

Navi 3-0, flipsid3 0-3 is what id pick but that means id actually have to buy a flipside sticker so gently caress that. liquid 0-3.

Markeloff sticker best sticker

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
US Eastcosst MG2 looking for people to play with, I can't take another game with people who force buy every round and dont have any communication. Add me: Mek and Cheese

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

it's not real

sleppy fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 13, 2017

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Jw's a legend :laffo:

E; wait that's not real you loving pranked me

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
They let him loving do it?:vince:

Edit: God drat you sleep. I got fooled to

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Sleppy, you are the best.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

One more level until I can be prime. I hope it is the promised land and as amazing as I've been told.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/TheNorthIsHere/status/819952159886188544

Well okay, I guess that's one way to bootcamp

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

drunken officeparty posted:

One more level until I can be prime. I hope it is the promised land and as amazing as I've been told.

In b4 your first prime game has a smurf.

Its not 100% better but it is still better.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I have three accounts with prime 😎

I have a problem 😎

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

holy poo poo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

"Okay, that's an office. Sleek, modern, but nothing unusua-OH MY GOD THAT'S A STADIUM" - Me

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Luna Was Here posted:

Post ur pickems

As per usual, I'm not doing the actual Pick-'Em, but:

3-0: Astralis
0-3: Liquid
7 moving on: SK, VP, NaVi, FaZe, North, OpTic, NV

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Depends on how shaky SK is. I have a nervous feeling they'll be knocked out in groups based on their recent games. :ohdear:

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

symbolic posted:

As per usual, I'm not doing the actual Pick-'Em, but:

3-0: Astralis
0-3: Liquid
7 moving on: SK, VP, NaVi, FaZe, North, OpTic, NV

This is going to be my Pick-'Em wish me luck.

edit:

Macnult fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Macnult posted:

This is going to be my Pick-'Em wish me luck.

edit:

Time for me to become a pro analyst.