Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
augias
Apr 7, 2009

Plan Z posted:

because straight avocados are pretty gross.
tempted to xpost this to the "stupidest poo poo you've ever heard" thread

for content, last week I witnessed a classmate microwaving a tupperware with spaghettiOs and two kraft singles on top. First time I've seen this thread come to life before my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

bringmyfishback posted:

I wish I could go back in time and be snotty and ask if I can have a milk and a fruit, but no actual lunch.

Also, I am now reminded that if I was lucky enough to get Tater Tots, I would eat them with mustard.

WHAT A GOOD IDEA. I got a Happy Meal the other day* and dipped all the remaining fries in mustard, so expanding the surface area of the potato would just make it better.

*: I get a Happy Meal every single Monday, always with a toy. I have gone back to the cashier if I am given the "boy" toy.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

SLOSifl posted:

Definitely. Pre-pickles are good shits.

I'm glad this thread at least recognizes them as pre-pickles.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I have access to Tater Tots at work tomorrow, I might just try them with mustard.

Thanks thread!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

AnonSpore posted:

I'm the guy who won't shut up about how much they hate I'm the thing in the picture jokes

The Koreans have this love of short arm octopi, called jjukkumi in Korean. Sometimes in the springtime, the heads of these octopi are filled with eggs. The eggs, which look like little individual grains of rice, are considered a delicacy. They look like this:

Thing is, sometimes you get an octopus where the egg sac hasn't finished forming yet, and is still in the form of countless little threads. Then when you cook the octopus, the heat detaches the threads from their root and they end up floating around inside the octopus's head. Then you get this when you cut it open.

Welp, guess I'm never going to eat rice or octopus again.

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, if I'm being honest I make a pretty impure guac myself. I put minced onions in there, and like a shitload of curry powder.

I know this is like the 'is pizza a sandwich' debate but at what point does something stop being 'guacamole' and start being 'avocado spread'? (Hint: it's when you add mayonnaise or loving curry powder to it.)

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

cash crab posted:

WHAT A GOOD IDEA. I got a Happy Meal the other day* and dipped all the remaining fries in mustard, so expanding the surface area of the potato would just make it better.

*: I get a Happy Meal every single Monday, always with a toy. I have gone back to the cashier if I am given the "boy" toy.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Picnic Princess posted:

I have access to Tater Tots at work tomorrow, I might just try them with mustard.

Thanks thread!

One of my most memorable culinary experiences was when I had been canoeing on a river for a week and we had lost a food barrel on day two and for some reason we had a lot of bagels, which all molded immediately. After five days of eating 2 saltine crackers per person for lunch, the woman who picked us up brought a bottle of yellow mustard and a bag of pretzel rods. It was the most delicious meal I can remember. Her name was Rosie and she was beautiful.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Eponine posted:

One of my most memorable culinary experiences was when I had been canoeing on a river for a week and we had lost a food barrel on day two and for some reason we had a lot of bagels, which all molded immediately. After five days of eating 2 saltine crackers per person for lunch, the woman who picked us up brought a bottle of yellow mustard and a bag of pretzel rods. It was the most delicious meal I can remember. Her name was Rosie and she was beautiful.

If for some reason you ever go to Montreal, go to St. Viateur and just eat a raw bagel with mustard. Just do it. It's like dying and getting to heaven and finding all the lighters and balloons you ever lost.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Plan Z posted:

straight avocados are pretty gross.

agreed, i only eat pansexual avocados.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

I know this kind of KD. It's when you don't add enough milk (or water if you're really poor) and it dries out and gets really sticky after 10 minutes.

That's the best kind!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

I'm the simple joke that continues to be overexplained

I am the overexplanation of the simple joke that continues to be overexplained.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Eponine posted:

Hunger and starvation scenarios are the best meals. Nothing tastes better than when you're honestly desperate for food. I had a mixed pot of fusili, canned tuna, sriracha, capers, and a bunch of other random food stuffs thrown into a late night meal after paddling over 30km through the desert in a day and it was the greatest meal I've ever had in my life. I'm tempted to try and make it again but I also know it was only amazing because I was desperately, sincerely hungry.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

SLOSifl posted:

Definitely. Pre-pickles are good shits.

My favorite non-pickle/munching directly on a raw one use for cukes.

Make a big batch of a nice, really tangy italian. Pour it in a jar that has a lid. Start slicing tomatoes, onions and cukes and add to jar until full. EDIT: Close lid. Throw in fridge and let sit as long as possible.

Grab a fork and go to it.

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 07:02 on Feb 25, 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

Hunger and starvation scenarios are the best meals. Nothing tastes better than when you're honestly desperate for food. I had a mixed pot of fusili, canned tuna, sriracha, capers, and a bunch of other random food stuffs thrown into a late night meal after paddling over 30km through the desert in a day and it was the greatest meal I've ever had in my life. I'm tempted to try and make it again but I also know it was only amazing because I was desperately, sincerely hungry.

Yup.

When I was losing weight I described peanut butter as, "A religious experience." I still stand by those words.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

cash crab posted:

I'm actually disappointed you get a Happy Meal and not a Double Down.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Wow, I am pleased with how many people approve of my mustardtots.

Also, cash crab, if you ever find yourself in China, I will get a Happy Meal toy with you :3:

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Mmm, tonsil stones, my favorite.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

13Pandora13 posted:

Raw cucumbers own, everything pickled tastes the same: like lovely vinegar and salt. :colbert:

Actually, these are awesome, and thread suitable

Picked Walnuts

Go amazing with blue cheese and cold meats.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Surprised pickled walnuts haven't turned up here before actually, they look disgusting but are amazing, I only ever have them at Christmas though

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm really curious about those walnuts. They look like they are shells and all- does the pickling process make them soft, or do you still have to crack them open?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're picked and pickled while they're unripe and the shells are still soft.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

bringmyfishback posted:

Eating too much sugar-free candy causes some amazing poo poo. Literally. http://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Free-Jelly-Belly-Assorted-case/product-reviews/B0015DA1HI

I ate too many sugar-free gummi worms one time while away for work. My hotel was right across the street from Kroger, and while I was picking up lunchmeat and stuff, I noticed they sold them by the pound. I love the hell out of some gummi poo poo, but sugar gives me hella heartburn, so I loaded up and happily munched on them for the rest of the day.

Do not do this.

I was sure I was gonna die. Honest to god, I was on the toilet for five or six hours with my phone in my hand with "91" pre-dialed for when I felt my intestinal walls finally give way. "Abdominal discomfort" doesn't even come close to describing my situation. "Abominable discomfort" is more accurate, but only if you imagine a team of tiny yetis playing tug-of-war with my insides.

About two hours in, there was nothing solid or liquid left in me. Cacophonous farts would erupt from my rear end at random intervals, echoing off the dollar-a-square-foot ceramic tile--my butt was God if he a particularly bad upper respiratory infection, and was firing one of those huge gatling guns they put on planes. BAROOOOOM BWAABWAA BWAAABAROOOOppff BAROOOOOOWAAAA

I think what really caused me to come to terms with my fate was remembering that I was born the same month and day as Elvis Presley.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Picnic Princess posted:

How do you paddle through a desert?

on the topic of pickles: Mexican quick pickles are the best and I loved the place near where I used to live where the kitchen would send us out some of their family meal and quick pickles all the time while we watched soccer at the bar. That place ruled.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Skinny King Pimp posted:

How do you paddle through a desert?

There's still rivers in the desert.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

bringmyfishback posted:

Wow, I am pleased with how many people approve of my mustardtots.

Also, cash crab, if you ever find yourself in China, I will get a Happy Meal toy with you :3:

I've discovered Chinese McDonald's serves loose corn in a cup as a side for their Happy Meals. :buddy:

Megabound posted:

Actually, these are awesome, and thread suitable

Picked Walnuts

Go amazing with blue cheese and cold meats.

I'm sure they're delicious, but they look like something I have to eat in order to gain access to the Underworld.

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"
She said it not me

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Nascardad posted:

She said it not me

deep fried Mauser pistol
why is it wet
FREE SPACE
bad photography
loose corn

Bingo!

rotoscoped
Oct 30, 2010

Traditional German pilgrimage cookies. Pretty tasty, if you like nutmeg.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

rotoscoped posted:

More like Buttmeg

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

rotoscoped posted:

Gotta use yellow frosting to add a little ring.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

And a cherry.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Picnic Princess posted:

I know this kind of KD. It's when you don't add enough milk (or water if you're really poor) and it dries out and gets really sticky after 10 minutes.

Plus it's missing the ketchup.

What is it with Canadians putting ketchup in their Kraft Dinner mac and cheese? It even ended up in that If I had a Million Dollars song.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

CannonFodder posted:

What is it with Canadians putting ketchup in their Kraft Dinner mac and cheese? It even ended up in that If I had a Million Dollars song.

Eh, it's really good with hot sauce or sriracha, I could see it being good with ketchup if you're afraid of the spicy.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

deep fried Mauser pistol
why is it wet
FREE SPACE
bad photography
loose corn

Bingo!

:toot:

CannonFodder posted:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

cash crab posted:

I've discovered Chinese McDonald's serves loose corn in a cup as a side for their Happy Meals. :buddy:
Japanese McD's, too. It's on their sides menu, so even a grown-up can go hog wild.

Spain offers cherry tomatoes or carrot sticks in their Happy Meals. :allears:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

Eh, it's really good with hot sauce or sriracha, I could see it being good with ketchup if you're afraid of the spicy.

Seconded. Motion passed.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

I guess I shouldn't mention my "poor man" Mac and cheese thing. If I don't have any milk, I have been known to add a little real mayo to it. Making it with all water really lacks creaminess.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

People get upset at some really dumb things, but I'm glad that someone is out there championing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My grandma smothers her mac and cheese with ketchup and even as a little kid who put ketchup on everything I thought it was gross

• Locked thread