Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My (27f) mother (60f) just slut shamed me in front of everyone over Christmas.

quote:

We had people over for Christmas. During the lunch my mum started having a heated conversation about how women these days date/sleep with people too early and with too many people. She believes we shouldn’t sleep together until we’ve been together for months and she won’t let myself and my partner sleep in the same bed when we stay at their house.

The other people said “times have changed” etc and that you need to date to figure out what you like (EXACTLY). I’ve dated a good amount of people and now am dating someone I feel I will marry and am very monogamous and dedicated to. She told everyone I “had way too many partners”. I wanted to be swallowed up into the earth, I felt so uncomfortable. She also says my partner is a “starving musician” because he plays music and is starting a business despite the fact he makes about 80,000 a year and is really hard working and impressive. She’ll never like a partner of mine.

I feel so embarrassed but also totally infantilised, shamed, never good enough etc.

EDIT: my partner wasn’t there during this conversation

TLDR - my mother told everyone I slept with too many people, my partner is a starving musician and I need to keep my morals

"Susie, please pass the potatoes. Try not to let them fall into your cavernous vagina like the 80,000 dicks you've let inside it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Try not to suck any dicks on your way to the driveway deary!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I do not loving understand holiday power plays like what that mother tried to do. Clearly she’s pissed daughter lived a different life and is still ending up successful/satisfied, so she’s settling for shaming her grown child in front of the entire family/social group instead, especially when they refused to capitulate to her first attempt to dance around the subject.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I do not loving understand holiday power plays like what that mother tried to do. Clearly she’s pissed daughter lived a different life and is still ending up successful/satisfied, so she’s settling for shaming her grown child in front of the entire family/social group instead, especially when they refused to capitulate to her first attempt to dance around the subject.

If you consider that the moral education of the child is the responsibility of the parent, it is also a pretty brutal self own.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no obviously parents are great.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

no obviously parents are great.

Especially the estranged ones, they were just too good at their job, they didn't let their lovely entitled brats get their way enough and now they never call and oh god im so alooooooonnnnneeeee...

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

My (21F) boyfriend (22M) isn’t ok with me wearing crop tops. Is he being too controlling?

My boyfriend told me he wasn’t ok with me wearing a crop top out. I got upset at him for taking issue with how I chose to dress, and after a bit of an argument he said “Wear a crop top if you really want to, I obviously can’t control how you dress, but just know that it makes me sad because it feels like you’re not happy enough with my attention because by wearing a crop top it sends the message to other guys that you’re looking for sexual attention.”

I told him that I wasn’t wearing it for other guys and that I was wearing it for myself because I’m proud of having a flat stomach, and he said “I know, but that’s not how other guys will see it and it will seem like you don’t think my attention is good enough. If you really just want to show off your figure, why can’t you just wear a tight shirt or a little dress instead? The only point of wearing a crop top is to show more skin and the only point of that is to be more sexually provocative.”

He doesn’t seem to have a problem with me wearing a bikini at the beach and I pointed it out, and he said “it does actually make me really jealous, but I just deal with it because it’s the norm and every girl wears one, and other guys won’t see it as “looking for attention” because it’s the norm, but with crop tops it’s like you’re purposely choosing to look provocative and show more skin when there are other clothing options that are just as appropriate for the occasion.”

I ignored him and wore it anyway but I felt bad about it the whole night. He didn’t bring it up again but seemed aloof and sad and acted super withdrawn until the next day.

What should I do? Do you think he’s being too controlling on this matter? I don’t want to never be able to wear a crop top again but I haven’t worn it since because I felt bad that it made him so upset. We’ve been together for a year and other than this he’s never been controlling and usually is very supportive and overall wonderful. I was a bit taken aback that his view on this was so conservative.

TL;DR: My boyfriend (who’s never ben controlling before) doesn’t want me to wear a crop top becuase he thinks it’s too provocative.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

time to kick that guy in the balls and laugh at him for getting relationship tips from that weirdo that sounds like kermit the frog

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Joke's on him, trash men see women existing as a sign that said women want sexual attention. They could be wearing a potato sack and they'd still be getting hit on by dudes.

Either way, :sever:.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Do they not have activewear where OP is? Crop tops and leggings are everywhere.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

lol at dudes who think women’s primary motivation when getting dressed is about how hot random guys think they are.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Straight White Shark posted:

My (27f) mother (60f) just slut shamed me in front of everyone over Christmas.

"Susie, please pass the potatoes. Try not to let them fall into your cavernous vagina like the 80,000 dicks you've let inside it."

I don't understand why the woman with the larger vagina doesn't simply unbirth the other, smaller one.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Do you my find it appropriate for an engaged man to sit on your husband [23M]'s lap in a lap-dancer like position? I [25F] don't know what to do. This involves gay couple [24M, 26M] who are engaged.

quote:

My husband and I were with friends last night. We were playing a party game and my husband drew a card which made him "Santa Claus."

But then one of my male friends (part of a gay couple now engaged) sat on his lap. I was very uncomfortable seeing him sitting on my husband's lap, the dude asking him about color of his underpants and thong preferences. The guy was sitting like a lap-dancer and he had a teeny tiny crop top with some denim hotpants.

It was part of a game so I'm trying to shake it off but none of the other girlfriends or boyfriends sat on his lap and I'd never dream of plopping down in any of their husbands laps. I tried to stop it before it happened and said "no" (Which my husband heard) but the guy sat on him anyway. I'm very uncomfortable with this situation and I'm not sure what to do. It really upset me.

It upset me that my husband didn't stop it or do anything but let him sit on his lap. My husband is NOT the touchy feely type at all.

I'm even more uncomfortable because he's met this guy twice before now at friends events and went on and on describing him to me and saying how much he liked him (he claimed he liked him as a friend).

Very uncomfortable.

I really DON'T know what to do?

tl;dr: My husband played a party game and things got out of hand.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Haifisch posted:

Do you my find it appropriate for an engaged man to sit on your husband [23M]'s lap in a lap-dancer like position? I [25F] don't know what to do. This involves gay couple [24M, 26M] who are engaged.

if your husband isn't gay then there's nothing to worry about and you shouldn't care

if your husband is gay then your marriage is already doomed and there's nothing you can do about it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

if your husband isn't gay then there's nothing to worry about and you shouldn't care

if your husband is gay then your marriage is already doomed and there's nothing you can do about it

Sure, thats range of the function, but were trying to solve for Bi

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

/r/relationships: trying to solve for bi

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

quote:

The guy was sitting like a lap-dancer

Either this person doesn't understand that it's called "AC Slater" position, or this person doesn't understand that lap dancers sit in every position

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
i didn't realize that wearing a crop top was DTF code

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Gf(25 - 5months) drove drunk and crashed her car, thinks I'm(m29) not being compassionate enough and wants to break up

Hia guys merry Christmas and all that. Just a quick post to check that I'm not Insane and to get some fresh perspective.

Two weeks ago my gf went out with a friend and got Into an accident. I was at work and got the call to say she had crashed her car and was being taken to the police station for drug testing. It came back with a result four times the legal limit. I was beside my self. Stuck at work, unable to contact her. Once she was released I rushed to her house to make sure she was OK. Once I got there it was obvious she had a concussion so I took her straight to the emergency room. Six hours later we finally got back home and went to bed.

Since then her licence has been banned for a year, her car was a write off and Insurance won't pay on her policy because she was drunk. Luckily no one involved was hurt. But the depression it has pushed her into has been the worst of all.

Iv been taking her to work and the first thing she says literally every time is 'you don't have to do this' I love her and want to help her out in any way I can. I'm incredibly analytical and when confronted with her feelings of guilt and remorse I see it as an appropriate response to what she's done. I think it's important to learn from mistakes especialy one as life altering as this one.

Two weeks have passes since the incident and now she's away with her family for Christmas. She called a let me know how incredibly supportive they have all been. Telling her it's just a mistake and that they all love her. Don't feel bad about it because it can't be helped now. You don't need to be embarasesd about it, we've all been there once. And now although Iv been there picking up the pieces to get her back together I'm now an rear end hole for not treating this like a bit of bad luck. This wasn't bad luck. It was active, dangerous and irresponsible. In fact I'm such an rear end hole that she blames me For her current depression and feelings of shame and guilt. So much so that she's decided that she's having no contact with me over the holidays because I'm giving her such a hard time. She feels that she is giving her self a hard time and thats enough. That I don't have a right to judge her actions and doing so is upsetting her.

I literally drove her across the state to her family's property for Christmas, some thing that she otherwise would have missed out on.

Am I missing some thing here or are those feelings not some thing to do with me. Is this just misplaced blame? What can I do to sort this Out? Is this a massive red flag that I'm too naive to notice? Am I being too judgmental?

Any thoughts or similar experiences would really help. Thanks guys

Tl;dr Gf drove drunk and destroyed her car. Blames me for her current depression because I'm Not compassionate to her sutuation.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I punched my bro in law [38M] in the face because he broke a piece of art work because he was mad and drunk. Everyone looked at me like I’m crazy.

He was drunk in my house and refusing to leave. My wife’s family is dysfunctional as gently caress her brothers are crazy. He was screaming and my youngest kid was crying and he made my sister in laws son cry on thanksgiving.

He’s a drunk alcoholic. Owns a store and I’ve done so much for him over the years. The fight was over us giving him the keys to his car. (He can’t drive he’s on a restricted license) and of course we’re aruck with it. He drives one car anyway but there was another one here of his.

He was flipping poo poo and he destroyed a piece of art work my wife got. I punched the gently caress out of him right in front of my MIL who was just standing there like she does best.

This sounds dysfunctional as hell. It’s my wife’s family, not me at all. That’s the first time I ever hit someone. I don’t regret it all. He was screaming calling each a bitch my wife a bitch. I never want him near me again.

Afterwards my wife said I didn’t have to do that. I said are you serious? Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. He deserved it.

TLDR: I got into it with my wife’s drunk brother and ended up punching him. I fee like everyone thinks I didn’t need to do it but I found it completely justified. I got into a fight when I was 14 and that was the only time I hit someone besides that.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Sounds like a hero to me, if only other r/ posters would just punch people...

Wait

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I punched my bro in law [38M] in the face because he broke a piece of art work because he was mad and drunk. Everyone looked at me like I’m crazy.

He was drunk in my house and refusing to leave. My wife’s family is dysfunctional as gently caress her brothers are crazy. He was screaming and my youngest kid was crying and he made my sister in laws son cry on thanksgiving.

He’s a drunk alcoholic. Owns a store and I’ve done so much for him over the years. The fight was over us giving him the keys to his car. (He can’t drive he’s on a restricted license) and of course we’re aruck with it. He drives one car anyway but there was another one here of his.

He was flipping poo poo and he destroyed a piece of art work my wife got. I punched the gently caress out of him right in front of my MIL who was just standing there like she does best.

This sounds dysfunctional as hell. It’s my wife’s family, not me at all. That’s the first time I ever hit someone. I don’t regret it all. He was screaming calling each a bitch my wife a bitch. I never want him near me again.

Afterwards my wife said I didn’t have to do that. I said are you serious? Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. He deserved it.

TLDR: I got into it with my wife’s drunk brother and ended up punching him. I fee like everyone thinks I didn’t need to do it but I found it completely justified. I got into a fight when I was 14 and that was the only time I hit someone besides that.

OP did nothing wrong except allowing this guy into his home in the first place.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I was at work and got the call to say she had crashed her car and was being taken to the police station for drug testing. It came back with a result four times the legal limit.

Four times the legal limit? Either this happened in a country with a limit of .01, or that girl is a hard core alcoholic. No normal human being with a blood-alcohol level of .32 would be able to locate their car, or breathe.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Four times the legal limit? Either this happened in a country with a limit of .01, or that girl is a hard core alcoholic. No normal human being with a blood-alcohol level of .32 would be able to locate their car, or breathe.

Or a country like Australia with a limit of .05

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

He says later he drove her “across the state” so the US seems like the most likely place and Jesus that’s a lot of booze in someone’s system. Australia has states and it looks like their limits are often 0.05% though so maybe it’s that.

E: beaten!

Pirate Radar fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Dec 26, 2018

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Pirate Radar posted:

He says later he drove her “across the state” so the US seems like the most likely place and Jesus that’s a lot of booze in someone’s system. Australia has states and it looks like their limits are often 0.05% though so maybe it’s that.

E: beaten!

No one drives across the state here like that. You would sober up by the time you got to the other end, that's a long drive.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
.05 seems really low for a country like AUS. I might be ignorant but when I think of aussie stuff it involves british-style hard-drinkin' but in cities that look spread out like LA. yall drinking and driving over there or what? .05 sounds like a zero-tolerance thing that would come out of a rash of nasty crashes.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

he uses the words "mum" and "wrecker's yard", would that make him likely to be Australian?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

jobson groeth posted:

No one drives across the state here like that. You would sober up by the time you got to the other end, that's a long drive.

He drove her across the state so she could spend Christmas with her family, after she lost her license because of the drunk driving.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
People are making a pretty good case for Australia, but .20 is still good and hosed up.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Pirate Radar posted:

He drove her across the state so she could spend Christmas with her family, after she lost her license because of the drunk driving.

He should’ve driven her things with them as well and unloaded everything. Happy Christmas trash person go live somewhere else

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

he uses the words "mum" and "wrecker's yard", would that make him likely to be Australian?

Yeah in the comments it’s a little clearer. Still, 0.20% is good and sauced.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

life is a joke posted:

.05 seems really low for a country like AUS. I might be ignorant but when I think of aussie stuff it involves british-style hard-drinkin' but in cities that look spread out like LA. yall drinking and driving over there or what? .05 sounds like a zero-tolerance thing that would come out of a rash of nasty crashes.

It pretty much did, yeah. There's been a lot of ongoing campaigns attempting to counter driving under the influence and dangerous driving in general.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I used to intern for a DUI prosecutor and handled discovery/evidence preparation in probably more than a thousand cases. .32 is really hosed up, but it definitely happens on a more consistent basis than you'd like to think.

These thousand cases we worked on? It was for a single county in the US over the previous 12 months alone, of people who were caught. Basically, assume everyone on the road is drunk all the time.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Boiled Water posted:

He should’ve driven her things with them as well and unloaded everything. Happy Christmas trash person go live somewhere else

Well she doesn't have a car anymore so he still has the opportunity to drive her poo poo back to the relatives and unload it. Or ship it and just don't go pick her up. If he has the cash, shipping everything, blocking her and changing the locks would be the best idea.

Of course she'll just get one of her sympathetic relatives either loan her a car or to drive her back over while drunk af so she can scream outside his house but then he can call the cops! It's a win-win scenario he's got here. The only losing move would be to stay in this relationship.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'm not actually 1000% sure what a "crop top" is.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

blarzgh posted:

You can see... her belly button!!!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

blarzgh posted:

It's a top that's been cropped to show your midriff.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm afraid to ask, but what's the thread title referring to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

shut up blegum posted:

I'm afraid to ask, but what's the thread title referring to?

A dude’s wife complained that he didn’t make her happy in bed and it turned out she was into scat. He wasn’t but agreed to try anyway.