Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bull3964 posted:

I'm really amused that they couldn't uncover a robot arm with a medical scan.

Honestly, all the upper leadership of the DEO needs to be put on administrative leave. When you have both a telepath and someone with x-ray vision get duped by someone who is lying and has body parts replaced, your organization is completely broken.

I understand that they wanted to play the trust card in this episode, but the way they wrote it was terrible because it required the complete negligence of too many characters.

Yeah, that was a real "wait... what?"

But also, Alex and Kara not bringing Mon El and backup, Jeremiah shooting the computers, the simple Mon El pointed out fact of giving Jeremiah high level clearance within 24 hours,

Honestly, I don't care. I don't take this show seriously enough to be hung up on tactical realism sort of stuff. But this episode was really hilarious for the "yeah, that makes no sense if I think about it for 2 seconds."

Oh, comic books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah......sorry, but I'm just gonna have to say that Kara and Mon-El's relationship continues to annoy me. They just fight all the time and this is somehow their character development or something. Also, we're going on four episodes in a row now that ended with them commiserating on that drat couch.

If the rest of the episode was particularly spectacular I'd probably be able to shrug this stuff off, but I thought it was just sort of okay.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

That's a CW relationship. Inedibly saccharine and built around extreme displays of affection, or sustained tearful argument born of several months-worth of lying. Things are either euphorically perfect or literally the most bitter divorce you've ever seen. Everyone has bipolar disorder, to the point it is completely normalized.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

howe_sam posted:

Supergirl/iZombie crossover! Well, not really but wouldn't that be fun?

I wasn't aware there were were-terriers in DC

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Let's not forget that the Kara/Mon-El relationship drama is going to get much worse when Kara finds out Mon-El is really the prince.

It will take more than the couch to reconcile that betrayal.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

That dog looks so loving smug.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, that was a real "wait... what?"

But also, Alex and Kara not bringing Mon El and backup, Jeremiah shooting the computers, the simple Mon El pointed out fact of giving Jeremiah high level clearance within 24 hours,

Honestly, I don't care. I don't take this show seriously enough to be hung up on tactical realism sort of stuff. But this episode was really hilarious for the "yeah, that makes no sense if I think about it for 2 seconds."

Oh, comic books.

Oh, no! The bridge blew up and the perfectly timed train is going to plummet 150 feet! I know, I'll grab the metal that was just blown up, warped, and fatigued, bend it back straight, stretch it out if I have to and laser vision is back into place. I'm sure this will be structurally sound and capable of supporting a speeding train. Crap! No time! I'll just, you know, hold this one sort in place. There! Perfect! Saved the day, again!
You know, maybe we should have brought an extraction team or something to apprehend CADMUS.... nah, makes much more sense to send the two most emotionally invested individuals all by themselves. No chance for mistakes or bad judgment or manipulation there. Also, have Alex only bring her magic alien gun that makes things explode and not a regular old gun or a taser or literally anything else.

Edit: it is a comic book show that is like a comic book. Same reason James isn't dead. It works and I love it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bold move casting streaky as a dog that small

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

bold move casting streaky as a dog that small

Especially since Streaky is a cat! :eng101:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Canine-washing in Hollywood.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

The thing that stuck out to me that ruined the realism and *~my immersion~* is that Kara has her ears pierced.

How exactly do you explain that? Unless her ears were pierced on Krypton?!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kryptonite needle.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Kryptonite needle.

Or she got them pierced in that Kryptonite room from last season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Or Clark brought home some insane Thanagarian ear piercing device when she was 13.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/AliAdler/status/663890577008648192

nerds

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Was finally able to watch the beginning of the Martian episode where the DEO goes on lock-down, and I was surprised to see Mon El's thing about only drinking Club Soda at the bar ever.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Okay so what about that scar on the bridge of her nose?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
On Krypton is this shows A Wizard Did it.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
So Cadmus wants the Spear of Destiny to restore Dean Cain as Superman?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Knormal posted:

Now I hope they never get lazy covering up Benoist's tattoos.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
She got them done at the alien tattoo parlour next to the alien bar.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Knormal posted:

Kryptonian chicken pox

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

twistedmentat posted:

We'll need a Supergirl version of the speedforce gif

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

V-Men posted:

So Cadmus wants the Spear of Destiny to restore Dean Cain as Superman?

No joke, Lilian Luthor would make a drat good addition to the Legion of Doom. Imagine the scenery chewing that would happen if you put her, Eobard, Malcolm, and Dahrk all in the same room :allears:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

A bit, for sure. But also "a teenage girl got her ears pierced" is like the easiest and weirdest comic nerd "issue" to handwave ever.

Wait until someone asks how she shaves her legs with heat vision or a razor with a red sun strip or something.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

A bit, for sure. But also "a teenage girl got her ears pierced" is like the easiest and weirdest comic nerd "issue" to handwave ever.

Wait until someone asks how she shaves her legs with heat vision or a razor with a red sun strip or something.

I think what everyone really wants to know is how the hell does Kara cut her hair?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
I don't know how any of you aren't subdued into complacency by her wholesome adorableness.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Vietnamwees posted:

I think what everyone really wants to know is how the hell does Kara cut her hair?

Same way Superman does.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Kryptonian's hair and nails don't grow in earth's atmosphere.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Pixelante posted:

I don't know how any of you aren't subdued into complacency by her wholesome adorableness.

Well I know I am.

The show has gotten some legit good drama going this season but the reason I stuck with it this long is it just has an inherently positive vibe.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Winn's girl nitpicking Dune. Awesome.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The show needs more Snapper.

I'll also never say no to a scene where Alex whips rear end.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Snapper is a good reporter.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Gotdamn J'onn, that was cold :stare:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
That was a pretty slick move by J'onn.

I'm also so stoked that Dean Cain has been on screen so much lately.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Alex going rogue yes.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

So, uh, how is Cadmus going to forcibly deport Clark and Kara?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
^^^^^^^^^^
With Kryptonite probably?

FELD1 posted:

That was a pretty slick move by J'onn.

I'm also so stoked that Dean Cain has been on screen so much lately.

Well you figure his character keeps getting mentioned for the past season and a half, so when he finally comes on the show, he's gonna be doing things, making moves, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Well this definitely will encourage the Kara/Lena shippers

Edit: ALEXXXXXXXX