Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

WHO'S

THAT

POKÉMON

Grimer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Qui custodiet ipsos nonces ?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Straight out of politics and into a weekly column at The Mail. A merry go round of grifting

me reading this post: lol that lumpy shadow can only be johnson

lmao called it

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Can Boris use these press credentials to get back into Westminister now?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

People like Grimer

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nah an op-ed columnist isn't classed as a journalist, even though I bet those hacks sign up to the NUJ.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/LouisHenwood/status/1669473600468860930

Shocked I am.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

If Johnson was a Pokemon he'd be one of those which is both ugly and senseless, like... I dunno, Sunflora?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i don’t think they do check backgrounds? they didn’t for me but that was many years ago

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

People like Grimer

Is there a newgen pokemon that's just literally a sack of poo poo?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Not really a reward for failure unless Johnson is considered to have failed. It's just the next thing to do, maybe as part of project become PM again, or maybe as part of project need cash now.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

keep punching joe posted:

Is there a newgen pokemon that's just literally a sack of poo poo?
Yes, from the *looks wildly around garage* Paintkan evolves into Hoova! era.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
He's more like Barney after getting thrown out of Moe's dot gif

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Comedy of the day is centrist Twitter claiming Keith was playing a forensic long game of 5D chess in mildly questioning Johnson during PMQs

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lmao

https://twitter.com/dandouglas/status/1669426241487753235?t=J1Xx1G7UD033DhOUhn3WtQ&s=19

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Beefeater1980 posted:

we are a eusocial species

Didn't 52% disagree? :v:

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Jel Shaker posted:

i don’t think they do check backgrounds? they didn’t for me but that was many years ago

They used to struggle to fill it and literally ring political party offices on the day and ask if any activists wanted to come. No clue if that's the case now. Become such a pantomime just like every high profile political show. They will probably be filtering for people that are as edgy as possible. Right edge only obvs.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
My local area (Kent / East Sussex) has currently got water supply shortages, for the second time in less than a year. Loads of schools have had to close, supermarkets are restricting supplies of bottled water, and in general it's just a stressful cluster gently caress for everyone. You really feel like you're living in a country on the decline when you can't even take running water for granted.

What makes it even worse is that Southeast Water are just blaming the public for being too profligate with water, rather than, you know, the fact that they barely maintain the supply network and have created literally no new reservoirs since they took over. Cunts.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
aye the ground is parched and cracked and my water collection system hasn't gained anything of significance in a month

forecast is luckily a few days of cloud and rain otherwise I'm gonna have to work hard to keep some of my new trees alive

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You mean the free market didn't work?

That can't be true, Severn Trent created a new reservoir on the main road twice in the last three years when a pipe burst.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

yes but what about the shareholders, they can't be expected to lose even a single penny of what they are owed. what are you, a communist?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Is a reservoir still a reservoir if its full of poo poo?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

The Perfect Element posted:

What makes it even worse is that Southeast Water are just blaming the public for being too profligate with water, rather than, you know, the fact that they barely maintain the supply network and have created literally no new reservoirs since they took over. Cunts.

Really pisses me off. Me taking 20 minutes in the shower isn't really the problem, is it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

Is a reservoir still a reservoir if its full of poo poo?

It's actually 97% water (don't ask about the rest)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

what are you doing in the shower that takes 20 minutes

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

kecske posted:

Thinking.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Some of us don't move as zippily as the rest of you weird coiled spring shower freaks.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Some of us have a shower that's more like Stanley Johnson pissing off of a stepladder.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

kecske posted:

5 Darren Grimes

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
The thought of doing one Darren Grimes in the shower, let alone five of them, fills me with horror

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.
Some of us have long hair to wash!

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!

kecske posted:

Please don't encourage goons to skimp on crevasse cleaning.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

kecske posted:

I have 3 classifications of shower:

- very quick 3 minutes, no hair washing, got to get out the door fast and overslept OR it's swelteringly hot, been out a lot, need a quick cool down

- normal shower, 10 mins - includes hair washing one handed while holding on to wall bar like grim death with the other

- working shower, up to 20 mins - as per 10 mins + face pack, leg shave etc.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/johnestevens/status/1669671007223726081

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

kecske posted:

Mostly trying to wake up. Also if you have long hair then obviously showers are more time consuming, gotta condition properly to avoid Tetsuya Naito hair. Mine is silky soft and I'd like to keep it that way, even as it gets greyer and greyer

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

As the article points out he did the same in 2018 when he resigned as foreign secretary and took up a column at the Torygraph. Didn't suffer poo poo then either.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Microplastics posted:

The thought of doing one Darren Grimes in the shower, let alone five of them, fills me with horror

Well I do admit there is a lot of thrashing about, shampoo bottles getting knocked over, and vomiting for the last two.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How does doing the same thing in an office prevent this