Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Nickiepoo posted:

GAME IS GOOD AGAIN OMG

brawling OP

praise Atlasgod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
So is the punchline going to be that the nova is going to be made larger, with worse hit boxes, and with arms lower to the ground?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

WoL needs a faction for CW tonight.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I was just about to post that. Someone hit me up in the_nest when you want to play.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

brawling OP

praise Atlasgod

Am playing only AC20/SRM Atlas and wrecking face and having fun and not feeling like I'm totally nerfing myself.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Nickiepoo posted:

Am playing only AC20/SRM Atlas and wrecking face and having fun and not feeling like I'm totally nerfing myself.

arguably the role of "push first, wreck a face, force the other team to deal with you so your teammates can wreck other faces" is near-essential now

you know come to think of it one of the Zeus variants gets good structure quirks too

maybe something like this?

ZEU-5S

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Dec 5, 2015

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Pattonesque posted:

arguably the role of "push first, wreck a face, force the other team to deal with you so your teammates can wreck other faces" is near-essential now

This is amazing. I need to try this out for myself.

Still not giving them any money tho.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

It feels as though there is no wrong way to build a Stormcrow. 12ERSL + 2CLRM15+A is turning out to be a fun thing in the pub queue for stabbing things in the back and being a dick at all ranges while the brickhand cools down. I know I shouldn't mix ranges too hard, but it's so fun to dunk on lesser robots with it.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I just managed to do 500 damage and a kill (King Crab) in a Ghost Dad despite my 3/4 of my team dying before the Assault Lance could catch up with them, and facing 4 enemy 'Mechs alone.

I'm terrible, so I'm very OK with that performance.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
Welp gotta start saving up for an atlas now

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Devorum posted:

I just managed to do 500 damage and a kill (King Crab) in a Ghost Dad despite my 3/4 of my team dying before the Assault Lance could catch up with them, and facing 4 enemy 'Mechs alone.

I'm terrible, so I'm very OK with that performance.

1000 damage and six kills in a Marauder. The rounds where you clear 300,000 c-bills without premium time are the best.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
got a six kill 900 damage round in a timber s with 4 spl and 4 asrm6 its a very fun striker

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Brawling Atlas is now good and fun again and so so is the game.

I'm repeating myself because it's awesome.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nickiepoo posted:

Brawling Atlas is now good and fun again and so so is the game.

I'm repeating myself because it's awesome.

Everything you're posting is going into the new OP for proof.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

A reasonably built Marauder can murder a direwolf in a straight brawl.

God bless you, clan nerf.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Anticheese posted:

I haven't run a Dire since the patch but they do seem a lot less scary, although that initial alpha still hurts

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anticheese posted:

I danced my marauder in front of an atlas while I slowly cored it.

I don't think it's the marauder though, mostly assault pilots who are terrible. I've killed executioners in urbanmechs face to face and I assure you that it wasn't because I'm some kind of mech god pilot.

(It's lovely assault pilots)

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

Welp gotta start saving up for an atlas now

I've got an atlas that can pack an AC 20 and 4 SRM 6's w/artemis. It's going to be good.

It shall be named Just Eject.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

I've got an atlas that can pack an AC 20 and 4 SRM 6's w/artemis. It's going to be good.

It shall be named Just Eject.

If they ever release the Kodiak I want it to be basically a Clan version of the Truckernaut Atlas with some energy in place of missiles

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I'm kinda hoping that they'll release IS omnis and bring the tech timeline forward a bit. Also, mixtech.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
they redid part of the website

http://mwomercs.com/game

lol at the "Brawler" Timber Wolf using lurms tho

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
lmfao how is WoL 6th

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Me, Stunlock, Texas Merc

Also we're probably like 6/6.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

various cheeses posted:

Also we're probably like 6/6.

That was my thought as well. I mean sure, the clans have a lot higher numbers, but even with that they don't seem great. I guess we'll see what happens post-steam release.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
So, if one was going to make the mistake of playing this game, what's the advice for total newbs not looking to spend real money?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

LeSquide posted:

So, if one was going to make the mistake of playing this game, what's the advice for total newbs not looking to spend real money?

Do the tutorial, play 25 matches in trial mechs. That should give you around 25m cb to play with iirc. Then ask the thread about which mech youre thinking of getting because the balance tree just got shaken and i have no idea whats good now (i never did lol).

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also, pay attention to the trial mechs you're using in your cadet matches. They aren't always (ever) the best builds, but if they usually cater to slightly different playstyles so you'll get a good idea of what kind of mechs you like to drive.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Whoa what, game gud? What changed?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Lots of brawling now.

This is a good thing.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
gently caress me, if Brawling is back and SRMs are good I may have to give this another whirl. Are any of my beloved Centurions decent?

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
cent-ah is a beast

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

teepo posted:

cent-ah is a beast

What a time to be alive, that thing was a joke when they introduced it.

What kind of builds do folks use for it, I imagine you need a XL to handle the weight.

Edit: here is the piece of poo poo I put together, I wanted SRM6s so I could sync cooldowns but I just could not find the tonnage. CN9-AH

Ash Rose fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Dec 5, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Been running a Marauder with 3 large pulse lasers, 2 SRM 4s, 15 DHS and a STD280 engine. It's a slow 60kph zombie that packs a wallop.

Could make a whole side empty but honestly the marauder doesn't shield side very well. You're best wiggling your nose at people while you reverse if you're in the bad place. Plus you can't choose which arm gets shot off first when you're brawling.

Also I only have 8 rear armor :toot:

In a world of brawling I think slow & steady DOES win the race. You want to pack on as much firepower & armor as possible while not overheating with 2-3 alphas.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Also, are Firestarters still the objectively best IS lights? Are the Panther and Wolfhound as underwhelming as they seem? Has SRM buffs made Jenners (specifically the D) any good?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

axelsoar posted:

Also, are Firestarters still the objectively best IS lights? Are the Panther and Wolfhound as underwhelming as they seem? Has SRM buffs made Jenners (specifically the D) any good?

You know, it's pretty hard to say right now with all the recent changes.

But I can confirm the Panther / Wolfhound are basically handicap mechs you probably wouldn't pilot except for a laugh. In which case you should be in an urbanmech anyway.

I've heard anecdotally that jenners are better but I've never used one and I rarely see one so... :shrug:

I guess we'll find out soon when the Jenner II-C hits in a week or so.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

DancingShade posted:

I guess we'll find out soon when the Jenner II-C hits in a week or so.

Isn't that the one where the one that has all energy hard-points (meaning, the good one) is one that is for real money only?

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

axelsoar posted:

What a time to be alive, that thing was a joke when they introduced it.

What kind of builds do folks use for it, I imagine you need a XL to handle the weight.

Edit: here is the piece of poo poo I put together, I wanted SRM6s so I could sync cooldowns but I just could not find the tonnage. CN9-AH

i'd personally drop one srm4 and replace it with two tons of ammo

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

teepo posted:

i'd personally drop one srm4 and replace it with two tons of ammo

AC20 Ammo? I mean, yeah I am running low on that kind of ammo, but I am not at all comfortable sticking that much of my firepower in a single arm for a brawler.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

axelsoar posted:

Isn't that the one where the one that has all energy hard-points (meaning, the good one) is one that is for real money only?

You bet! :v:

It'll get released for c-bills in a couple months like all new mechs eventually are.

Also SRMs are good now but shhh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I actually reinstalled this dumb game and had fun derping around in lights and mediums. The Sarah's Mech Jenner is surprisingly fun and people are unaccountably afraid of its two SRM-4s. I've had fun jumping in some assault's face like a rabid dog, making GBS threads SRMs all over it and then running away to cool down. SPLs are also great since I'm leg humping. Its fun not being out-turned by basically every mech in the game. I just wish I could find some way to stuff more than 200 missiles in it.

Also I wish I hadnt sold my Cent-A. The AH is fun but lacks the laser dick. I'm torn between buying another one or saving up for a Stormcrow and being literally twice as effective in my weight class.

• Locked thread