Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Really struggling to figure out why my system keeps dropping intermittently to 180 FPS from 300. It doesn't matter if my graphics are maxed out or if they're all set to low, it will continually do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Audax posted:

Really struggling to figure out why my system keeps dropping intermittently to 180 FPS from 300. It doesn't matter if my graphics are maxed out or if they're all set to low, it will continually do that.

Sounds like some sort of throttling issue.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

:goonsay:

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

Bohemian Nights posted:

Aw, that's annoying! Usually copyright holders just monetize your video so that the ads go to them, it doesn't get blocked outright. Thanks for letting me know!

I think this should work to bypass the copyright claim
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxbGgbdr1ieJcVBJQ3J2d2RmdmM/view

Thanks, this one worked. Really like your clips :yaycloud:

Although as some feedback, real pros use sick dubstep and its like art I'm telling you.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Calibrate at silver 3, go up to silver elite, now back down to silver 3.

Kill me

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Weird to see Na'Vi ranked 11th and not therefore not even in the favourites article for the Major on HLTV. If they've got their act together over the break they are for sure dark horses for the entire event. So long as GuardiaN is on good form, it's a team with three of the top ten (or twelve or something) players in the world imo. And Edward and seized are both very solid too.

An Astralis/Na'Vi final would be pretty sick.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

drunken officeparty posted:

Kill me

What sensitivity is your trackpad on?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I had Navi go 3-0 in my pickem with liquid going 0-3.

Yes I put a lot of thought into that. Also have fanatic notmaking it outta groups lulz

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Does getting kicked count as a loss even if you were winning at the time

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

who were our non-prime volunteer heroes? I have recently been queuing with my non-prime friend trying to get him up to level and would love to not go through this poo poo show alone.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread. Was meant for here.... So sorry if you were forced to scroll past this twice I guess.

There's a youtuber out there that does demo reviews of pro players. I think his main intent is to see if people are fishy or not, and for a loser like me it's pretty fun just watching the collection of demos he pulls up and how he analyzes what players do. He's somewhat honest in how he rates them, says when he's biased, and it's just pretty interesting CS content out there on youtube.

However, he has other videos up besides the demo reviews of players. These are 3 videos of what he thinks are cool/clever plays that people made. I thought it was interesting so here are the links!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RruCaxu6BGQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK6yR8hwTHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtuadouC_34

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i like those videos but the "questionable clips" ones are beyond stupid

stump collector
May 28, 2007
ya gotta think, with x ray off, why would you aim on this spot?? i dont know. i dont know. just asking questions here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36BvyC_ODRM

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

drunken officeparty posted:

Kill me

This is me too.

Add me. Soulex13

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

stump collector posted:

ya gotta think, with x ray off, why would you aim on this spot?? i dont know. i dont know. just asking questions here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36BvyC_ODRM

Wait - are you agreeing with your prior statement or disagreeing? I dont understand sarcasm fyi so please explain

stump collector
May 28, 2007
the clever plays ones are good, the questionable play ones are extremely stupid. the 2nd post was almost a direct quote from him. he spectated a round where FNX was aiming at A site on a save round. he had armor and a CZ, and knew they would be watching, so it didn't make sense to push in for a free frag. but they all had AKs, and didn't want to give up, because they knew of the partial buy but they had no way to win the round. FNX is pre aiming spots that they may push out, if they were hunting frags with SMGs. but because X ray is on, he calls his sweeping motion between two preaim spots weird and suspect.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Anybody that implies that a pro player is cheating or questionable is very likely a gigantic idiot and also bad.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
You stupid cheat deniers need to stop acting a retard in thread all the time, in Dupreehs AMA he said that yes, he too thinks people are cheating.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Dupreeh might also be an idiot.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

quote:

Q: do you think cheating exist in the pro scene?

quote:

A: I don't think it does anymore, but it has.

quote:

Q: What do you think about cheating allegations in CS scene? Do you think there is/was a cheating problem?

quote:

A: I actually don't know what to believe. Some were caught, some might've avoided the BAN-hammer, but I don't think anyone is currently cheating. There's so much talent out there.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Buller posted:

You stupid cheat deniers need to stop acting a retard in thread all the time, in Dupreehs AMA he said that yes, he too thinks people are cheating.

that's odd, because in the ama when he answers the question "do you think cheating exists in the pro scene" with "I don't think it does anymore, but it has.", that reads differently to me

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Fnatic Flusha CHEATER?? new gif proves it you won't believe! HERE

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Yes try reading between the lines a little, people cheated before they are of course still cheating now. Him saying that he don't think people are cheating anymore might apply to himself not using cheats anymore.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
lol

stump collector
May 28, 2007
gonna attempt reading between the lines here

Buller posted:

Yes try reading between the lines a little, people cheated before they are of course still cheating now. Him saying that he don't think people are cheating anymore might apply to himself not udsing cheats anymore.

fascinating

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
k0nf1g absolutely used to cheat. It was incredibly obvious, but I don't believe he does anymore.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Buller posted:

Yes try reading between the lines a little, people cheated before they are of course still cheating now. Him saying that he don't think people are cheating anymore might apply to himself not using cheats anymore.

lmao

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Buller posted:

honestly this is a shocking display of paranoia and general stupidity. i hope for your sake your family commits you so you can get the help you need for your latent schizophrenia

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Demostrs posted:

honestly this is a shocking display of paranoia and general stupidity. i hope for your sake your family commits you so you can get the help you need for your latent schizophrenia

I bet if a dick was between the lines you'd see it.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soulex posted:

I bet if a dick was between the lines you'd see it.

nice dude hope u didn't laff too hard when you posted that

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Demostrs posted:

Commit yourself to facing reality perhaps.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Just Some Handsome Boys' CEVO team is in the Hellcase tourney this weekend.
We lost our first match ( :( ), so we're into the losers bracket. If you're interested in watching, we'll have our next match in about an hour (2:30PM PST/5:30PM EST), and I'll be streaming my POV of it at http://twitch.tv/surc_ . You can also watch the hellcase tourney matches through GOTV if you prefer, although I think you have to wait until a match starts for the link to generate.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Buller posted:

this hostility is unneeded i am only looking out for your best interest. conspiracy theories, especially ones involving video games of all things, are unhealthy vents for whatever is currently marring your life. if unchecked, you could end up hurting yourself or others. hopefully, i get through to you before you do something rash, like bringing a gun to comet ping pong

edit: perhaps you were taking offense to my use of the word "stupidity." in hindsight, i believe "ignorance" was the more apt term to use

Demostrs fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 21, 2017

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Buller posted:

hey stupid idiot shut the heck up about cheaters this dumb conspiracy theory poo poo belongs in the conspiracy theory forum

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
uh pros all cheat is like the best phase this thread has please try to enjoy yourselves

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Demostrs posted:

nice dude hope u didn't laff too hard when you posted that

pffffhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Up Circle posted:

hey stupid idiot shut the heck up about cheaters this dumb conspiracy theory poo poo belongs in the conspiracy theory forum

https://steamcommunity.com/id/kqly

But to steer the conversation, the reason I posted those clips is because it reminded me of 2 awesome 1.6 movies I loved. No flashy graphics, just showing the movement/action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a3UUpwwJ8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up_wyQsfqnw

Does anyone know of any CS:GO movies/videos similar in nature to those? I feel like I haven't seen any that have captivated me as much, maybe it's because of the pace of the game?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

that soundtrack

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

The exception to the rule doesn't redefine the rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

surc posted:

Just Some Handsome Boys' CEVO team is in the Hellcase tourney this weekend.
We lost our first match ( :( ), so we're into the losers bracket. If you're interested in watching, we'll have our next match in about an hour (2:30PM PST/5:30PM EST), and I'll be streaming my POV of it at http://twitch.tv/surc_ . You can also watch the hellcase tourney matches through GOTV if you prefer, although I think you have to wait until a match starts for the link to generate.

we got rekt :cry: