Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
Then tie off the bag and take out the garbage. No biggie. But if I were at home, I'd hop in the shower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

PancakeTransmission posted:

Dude got demoted, has finally started to rise again, and decided 20% wasn't enough. What a moron. This might be an actual case of Dunning-Kruger.

Not defending any of this idiot train wreck’s actions, but to be fair if $5,000 was a 20% raise, he’s only making $25k.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Papa Emeritus III posted:

Whoever is dumb enough to flush them instead of throwing them away deserves to deal with unclogging the toilet. :colbert:

It doesn’t clog your own toilet, it clogs the city sewer systems and costs municipalities millions of dollars.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
:911: The things I do for a clean butthole....

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Cyks posted:

While I'm sure that would work in some cases I doubt a dude what doesn't even have his GED is going to get a job making five times as much as he does now over night just because the pressure is on.

Sucks it took her 12 years to realize they aren't compatible and she is unhappy but it couldn't be any more obvious what she needs to do.

Honestly, if they're going to stay together and have kids (and they shouldn't) then they need to GTFO the bay area if he can't get a better job than that.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Liquid Communism posted:

Honestly, if they're going to stay together and have kids (and they shouldn't) then they need to GTFO the bay area if he can't get a better job than that.

I also wondered what kind of father she pictured that guy turning out to be. Or if she assumed it would somehow "fix him" into not being a lazy stoner.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I also wondered what kind of father she pictured that guy turning out to be. Or if she assumed it would somehow "fix him" into not being a lazy stoner.

It's the second one. Sort of like hoping this particular batch of milk you left out will turn into yogurt instead of just giving you food poisoning.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Switchback posted:

Not defending any of this idiot train wreck’s actions, but to be fair if $5,000 was a 20% raise, he’s only making $25k.

But it's pounds sterling so we are talking about 31k USD to 38K USD, which in the US would be going from slowly sinking below the water to just barely a livable wage for a working-class family. When you factor in he doesn't have to pay for healthcare or insurance, it's a decent living for such a moron.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Barudak posted:

It's the second one. Sort of like hoping this particular batch of milk you left out will turn into yogurt instead of just giving you food poisoning.

I'm a gambling man when it comes to food, but not when it comes to people.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
She didn't think fatherhood would fix him, she just assumed he would get a better job and grow up, which most people do from their early 20s to their 30s

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

She didn't think fatherhood would fix him, she just assumed he would get a better job and grow up, which most people do from their early 20s to their 30s

You might be correct, but I will say I have a lot more drive and professional ambition because I have a family to take care of, so I think it is a thing that sometimes happens. But you probably have to not be (that much of) a loser to start with. My favorite job ever was janitizing my college's student union. I knew what to do and could do it really well. If someone told me to improve, I knew how to do that and it was fully within my control to do so. Easy peasy. If I was only taking care of myself then I might go do that, but I have a wife and children. Unfortunately they won't pay me what I make playing with other people's money to mop floors and clean toilets.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

QuarkJets posted:

holy poo poo did not expect multiple goons to be all "oh yeah I carry around baby wipes because otherwise I can't clean my rear end properly"

guys, baby wipes are designed that way to make cleaning a kicking and screaming infant as fast and easy as possible, you should be able to clean yourself just as well with regular toilet paper, there have to be some instructional videos or something that can help you if it's really a problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGCIGEUB32M

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

therobit posted:

You might be correct, but I will say I have a lot more drive and professional ambition because I have a family to take care of, so I think it is a thing that sometimes happens. But you probably have to not be (that much of) a loser to start with. My favorite job ever was janitizing my college's student union. I knew what to do and could do it really well. If someone told me to improve, I knew how to do that and it was fully within my control to do so. Easy peasy. If I was only taking care of myself then I might go do that, but I have a wife and children. Unfortunately they won't pay me what I make playing with other people's money to mop floors and clean toilets.
Mopping floors and cleaning toilets can turn into better jobs. He could have moved up to management of people mopping floors or gone into plumbing so he gets paid $$$ to install and fix toilets or made some diagonal moves and mop and clean toilets somewhere else that pays better. The OP and layabout boyfriend live in California, if all he could do was mop floors and clean toilets he could be a school janitor he would likely be unionized and getting paid way better than minimum wage. But the whole problem is he gives absolutely no effort into anything at all.

She tried to help him at several points. He didn't respond to the help at all. She needs to :sever: and move on.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

Mopping floors and cleaning toilets can turn into better jobs. He could have moved up to management of people mopping floors or gone into plumbing so he gets paid $$$ to install and fix toilets or made some diagonal moves and mop and clean toilets somewhere else that pays better. The OP and layabout boyfriend live in California, if all he could do was mop floors and clean toilets he could be a school janitor he would likely be unionized and getting paid way better than minimum wage. But the whole problem is he gives absolutely no effort into anything at all.

She tried to help him at several points. He didn't respond to the help at all. She needs to :sever: and move on.

Yeah, the dude is totally worthless, I agree there. I can just see where someone might think that their partner might mature into better jobs over time, and also why it might take starting a family to kick someone into high gear. It sounds like this guy matured into getting a minimum wage, dead end job and is content with that. In addition, he does not seem to appreciate that she is footing the bill for everything, and still thinks of the money from his job as "his money," despite the fact that she pays all the bills and buys their food. She should have dumped him years ago.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

The Lone Badger posted:

Have we discussed this person that is being PERSECUTED by the police?

From some of this person's other posts it sounds like they were sober for a while, and that at least part of the drinking seems to be an attempt at self-medication to cope with nightmares from what happened.

They need professional help in a big way, and frankly it would be safer for everyone, them included, if their license was revoked ASAP.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

christmas boots posted:

From some of this person's other posts it sounds like they were sober for a while, and that at least part of the drinking seems to be an attempt at self-medication to cope with nightmares from what happened.

They need professional help in a big way, and frankly it would be safer for everyone, them included, if their license was revoked ASAP.

I don't follow all of the UK legal jargon, but by their own admission, they were blasted off their rear end drunk driving at 5x the legal limit when they mowed down someone in a crosswalk and killed her. Now their vehicle was caught speeding by a speed camera and they're refusing to tell the cops who was behind the wheel, so we can safely assume it was a.) them, and b.) they were quite likely driving drunk again.

They need both professional help and to be behind bars.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Nessa posted:

We’ve known him for years. He bought a house 5 minutes away, so he practically still lives here. Frequently cooks nice dinners for us and cleans all my dishes. He’s a godsend and one of our closest friends.

He does find it strange that most of the women I know want to “borrow him”. He really undervalues his skills in cooking, cleaning and general emotional labour. He doesn’t really understand that most men aren’t studious housekeepers, handymen and excellent cooks.

He made us coquille St. Jacques for Christmas dinner and it was loving fantastic.

Do these women that borrow him put out at least?

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

:911: The things I do for a clean butthole....

Dont feel ashamed. Nothing wrong with making sure the ole chicken eye is spicknspan.

Its the judgemental mudbutt assholes that need to reevaluate their lives.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

This morning in 'You had to ask the Internet for help on this?!'

Me [29/M] and my [24/F] girlfriend are having difficulties setting fart boundaries

quote:

My girlfriend and I have been together for 3 beautiful years in a very nourishing relationship. However, one thing that has become clear in recent months is that we have different fart boundaries.

About half way into our relationship my gf sat me down and explained that I need to be more open about my bowel habits with her, because she has coeliac disease thus it is something she needs to be open about with a serious partner. This turned out to be a really (albeit unexpected) healthy development for me, I felt less shame about pooping and discussing poop in general.

The next issue was farts.

As we became more comfortable discussing bowel and body habits in general together we started openly farting around each other. This was uncomfortable at first but gradually became kind of funny and playful. The boundaries were clear too, if you have an accidental fart or one you can't keep in then go for it buddy but no sucking your belly button into your rear end in a top hat trying to squeeze out a fiery fart demon from hell. But recently things have taken a turn.

She is definitely squeezing them out. Like recently, we were cuddled up on the sofa and my foot was near her rear end and I literally felt her clench and squeeze an earth shattering fart and then giggle afterwards. How do I navigate this situation? Am I in the wrong for shaming her? How do other couples deal with farts?

tl;dr gf and I have difficulties with fart boundaries, need opinions

My wife [F30] mentions to me [M32] that she’s “planning on shaving”, does that mean sex?

quote:

We don’t have sex that often ever since we had our kid. I’m out of the loop as to what the signs are.

So my wife just kind of randomly mentioned that she is “planning on shaving” and I don’t know if that is actually code for she wants to have sex, or it just means she’s shaving and nothing more. She’s told me this a few times before but I was never sure that it meant anything.

I’m just wanting to get the input of married women, is this one of your hints? I know you aren’t my wife but I’m still interested to know. Do you usually tell you’re husband when you shave, and does it mean anything when you do?

TL;DR Apparently I need one of these to post. Wife randomly mentions she is “planning on shaving” and I wonder is that code for sex?

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost
The fact that the guy in the second story has managed to procreate at all is a miracle in of itself.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Barudak posted:

Look I use a bidet, toilet paper, babywipes, and a shower and still I feel it, the filth, crawling all over me.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Switchback posted:

If it was $5k per month, that would put him up around the quarter million a year mark. Which sounds more likely given how oblivious he sounds.

I can't find the original through google though, so he probably deleted it in shame.

jk, people like him don't feel shame.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

christmas boots posted:

"It's my fault I'm still driving drunk! I have to drink to self-medicate because of PTSD I have from killing a woman while driving drunk! Why do the cops have to persecute me!" :fuckoff:
He posted AGAIN in r/policeUK the about how unfair it is that the police are being so insistent he tells them who committed the moving violation in his car. The only post he has that isn't complaining about how unfair it that he's getting scrutiny from the and cops after killing a person was made hours after he got called out for acting like PTSD from killing someone means the cops should leave him alone about his moving violations.

Not disagreeing with you, he needs help, but I do question his remorse.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
lot going on in this one

Am I (f/38) right to be upset with my sister (F/25) who got my OCD BF (m/24) a ATP bacterial meter on his birthday?

quote:

BG: Been together for 3 years, and he's been recently diagnosed with OCD. I've seen him develop symptoms before my eyes, it wasn't easy when he was diagnosed, but it feel comforting that it can be controlled, and I've vented to my sister about how it has affected me.

What is a bacterial meter? Its a device that allows you to test different objects for bacteria by wiping it with a brush that comes along with the meter.

She went and got him a ATP bacterial meter for his birthday, and he was static about it. She says that it could help him contain his symptoms once he sees that no surface is 100% clean.

Ever since he got it, he's been testing everything before touching it. We had a subway sandwich the other day and he tested it before eating, then threw it away once it didn't return to him with positive results.

I became really furious with my sister, and told her that this was like gifting cocaine to an addict, it wasn't the right thing to do, and she thinks I'm overreacting.

I'm completely lost in this situation, and really upset with my sister, who knows EXACTLY how I feel about his condition, but then goes ahead to worsen it with such a gift.

The meter is VERY expensive, he couldn't have afforded it if he wanted it, and he wouldn't even have any idea that such a thing exists because his condition wasn't that far developed.

I've seen his condition worsen in the matter of days far than it had in the past 6 months. In the beginning it was fun for him, now it took the obsessive turn. And he's even starting to lose weight.

What to do with my sister? I haven't spoken to her for two weeks now, and its been 3 weeks since she got his gift.

Am I wrong here, am I overreacting? I've always believed it to be wrong to trigger others' illnesses with certain things.

TLDR: sister got my boyfriend, who has OCD, a device that allows him to test surfaces for bacteria. He's been recently diagnosed and his conditioned worsened a lot since her gift. I'm completely upset with her but she still thinks I'm overreacting and that I'm "babying" him, because he would've got the device either way. Mind you that he had no idea that such a thing existed because his condition wasn't so advanced.

comments

quote:

Omg. Looked it up.1500$ or more. Your sister might be next level crazy. Worst gift ever.

quote:

Not that this addresses deeper issue with your boyfriend and his concerns about his OCD, but ATP meters do NOT measure bacterial specifically. They are designed to only measure Adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP is the molecule that basically powers all life at the cellular level and would 100% be present in food and on any surfaces that contained harmful (pathogenic bacteria) or benign (non-pathogenic bacteria, dead bacteria, food etc.)

TLDR: ATP device measures ATP and not bacteria levels!

Her point about him finding out a about it rings a little true in that hiding technologies with legitimate uses (ATP devices are extremely helpful in some industries) could be discovered. The key take away may be that the money may have been better spent on treatment/therapy to help him cope with the OCD instead of giving him an expensive device that may make it worse.

quote:

100% this. They're supposed to be used in clean rooms for manufacturing and other sterile environments. Using one in the real world is crazy, because it will pick up something EVERYWHERE.

quote:

Why did you start dating a 21-year-old at age 35, and more importantly, why is basically nobody talking about this??

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Remember when goons got mocked for being filthy and now they get mocked for being too clean?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Salty Josh posted:

Do these women that borrow him put out at least?

No one has actually borrowed him yet. I just frequently get comments from other women, including my father-in-law’s girlfriend, asking to borrow my friend when it’s mentioned how much he cooks, cleans and fixes things for us.

He actually has coworkers that keep trying to set him up and he begrudgingly agreed to a blind double date with the coworker, coworker’s girlfriend and their single friend. He’s not interested in dating right now though, so he’s just going to be polite.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I've heard of getting your nieces or nephews a drum set for Christmas, but that is some next level sibling trolling.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Nessa posted:

No one has actually borrowed him yet. I just frequently get comments from other women, including my father-in-law’s girlfriend, asking to borrow my friend when it’s mentioned how much he cooks, cleans and fixes things for us.

He actually has coworkers that keep trying to set him up and he begrudgingly agreed to a blind double date with the coworker, coworker’s girlfriend and their single friend. He’s not interested in dating right now though, so he’s just going to be polite.

Man, I feel for the guy.

It's always awful when people try and 'hook you up' because they think that you are lonely.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Not only is the meter $1500, the one-time-use test swabs are over $2/each in bulk.

13Pandora13 posted:

I know "emotional labor" as a phrase elicits eyerolling these days but that is 100% that guy's problem. And I guarantee if his GF hand-held him though not being an inconsiderate shitbag at every possible moment he'd be complaining about her nagging him to do stuff all the time.

Like, I don't know if it's that he "doesn't love her" so much as he doesn't realize that the world around him is filled with other fully actualized people who expect a certain degree of social reciprocity and basic politeness.

I don't consider "basic socialization" of the type this guy is missing to be "emotional labor". It's just the kind of thing a normal person does, and feels neutral to good about it. Not like they've been "working".

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Moon Slayer posted:

I've heard of getting your nieces or nephews a drum set for Christmas, but that is some next level sibling trolling.

My aunt once bought my brother a bagpipe player's starter kit (bagpipe, instructional booklet, CD, etc, and no we are not Scottish and he hadn't previously expressed any interest in playing the bagpipes) but this always-alerting cellular activity reader is the absolute bestworst gift I've ever heard of

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Motronic posted:

I don't consider "basic socialization" of the type this guy is missing to be "emotional labor". It's just the kind of thing a normal person does, and feels neutral to good about it. Not like they've been "working".

"emotional labor" is actually a fairly specific idea that's still developing but encapsulates things like 1) maintaining friendships with other couples 2) remembering birthdays and grocery inventory 3) basically just managing a home vizier-style while your regulus is off converting heathens or what have you.

basically, energy you expend thinking about other people or your place in society. it's work, because it needs effort put into it. now, you and i know that work is only real work when it's a man carrying something from a shelf to a forklift (or vice versa) but let's just pretend, in this instance.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Motronic posted:

Not only is the meter $1500, the one-time-use test swabs are over $2/each in bulk.

I assume these people are deranged rich assholes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nessa posted:

Didn't one of the other ladygoons hilariously lay you out in one of the other threads about this guy based on other stuff you've posted?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Sister is annoyed that her 10+ year age gap sibling is dating someone her own age and shelled out $1500 to wreck their relationship.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

"emotional labor" is actually a fairly specific idea that's still developing but encapsulates things like 1) maintaining friendships with other couples 2) remembering birthdays and grocery inventory 3) basically just managing a home vizier-style while your regulus is off converting heathens or what have you.

Right, it's basically the work of community relations (this is a real job), household management (also a real job and similar to other jobs), and strategizing/planning/branding for a social set (usually a couple or family).

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
you’re supposed to mentally destroy the predator tho not the victim

e: re the tester that tests for life and will always ping “unclean!”

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

chitoryu12 posted:

Remember when goons got mocked for being filthy and now they get mocked for being too clean?

Butthole shaming

Pirate Radar posted:

My aunt once bought my brother a bagpipe player's starter kit (bagpipe, instructional booklet, CD, etc, and no we are not Scottish and he hadn't previously expressed any interest in playing the bagpipes) but this always-alerting cellular activity reader is the absolute bestworst gift I've ever heard of

lmao hooooooly poo poo. I bet your brother was pissed.

LadyPictureShow posted:

This morning in 'You had to ask the Internet for help on this?!'

Me [29/M] and my [24/F] girlfriend are having difficulties setting fart boundaries

My wife [F30] mentions to me [M32] that she’s “planning on shaving”, does that mean sex?

1) Dude. Just tell her to stop farting on you. Dutch oven if she doesn't stop.

2) :wtc:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Salty Josh posted:

Man, I feel for the guy.

It's always awful when people try and 'hook you up' because they think that you are lonely.

He really just likes being single. He’s not lonely.

It doesn’t help that his parents keep bugging him about giving them grandchildren either.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Nessa posted:

He really just likes being single. He’s not lonely.

It doesn’t help that his parents keep bugging him about giving them grandchildren either.

Single is okay as I like staying single but is he getting booty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Pick posted:

Right, it's basically the work of community relations (this is a real job), household management (also a real job and similar to other jobs), and strategizing/planning/branding for a social set (usually a couple or family).

yeah, to put this in perspective for non-pick posters who might not understand, a wife does as much work as a king's entire retinue. a president needs three cabinet members to handle this poo poo.

being in a relationship is EXHAUSTING.