Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I notice all the shots are really trying to hide the bottom nacelles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Burning_Monk posted:

Myspace angles, bro. Ask for several pics.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
You can clearly see them in the orthos. They just made the render match the perceptive Concept art.

I bet trendy might have more images.

Here is a slightly different angle from Twitter, though it isn't of the final version

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Burning_Monk posted:

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!
http://pastebin.com/V5LGKKdt

Comanche logged in this afternoon on Risa, and I walked up to ask him a perfectly innocent question. A brief but fun encounter.

EDIT:

It seems Comanche cannot stand to be near my character anymore.

quote:

[Local] Comanche@pyrormancer: sorry not to close there Liberache

EDIT:

http://pastebin.com/AUM4YuyU

Another run in (hover-in) with stark. It spawned this craziness. Apparently he finally took it to heart that I am a dude, because he now calls me "it". Also, he is calling in THE LAW this time.

bubbles depo fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 21, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hello FBI? I wish to report a starfleet member wearing the incorrect uniform and no rank insignia.

*click*

Hello?

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
Hey guys, we're now at war with Angels of Death Light. Stark is now under their full protection, whatever that means. AoDL and their 1600 allies are going to destroy us!

Chat logs:
http://pastebin.com/9pSwcfiK

Nita fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 21, 2015

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Nita posted:

Hey guys, we're now at war with Angels of Death Light. Stark is now under their full protection, whatever that means. AoDL and their 1600 allies are going to destroy us!

Chat logs:
http://pastebin.com/9pSwcfiK

Too bad you can't actually have a war in this game.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Acer Pilot posted:

Too bad you can't actually have a war in this game.

The Grand Oberth Fleet will have its day. Eventually.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

The Carrier is 1466 meters long.

https://twitter.com/STO_JamJamz/status/667823091024707586

I wonder if the feds are going to get any frigate pets then.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 21, 2015

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Tuskin38 posted:

The Carrier is 1466 meters long.

https://twitter.com/STO_JamJamz/status/667823091024707586

I wonder if the feds are going to get any frigate pets then.

God I hope so.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Just spew out Mirandas.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tuskin38 posted:

Just spew out Mirandas Oberths.

FTFY.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Defiants. :getin:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Asimo posted:

Defiants. :getin:

That would be THE BEST.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

EDIT: ^Given how often pets explode, Mirandas would be way more appropriate.

I told all you non-believing assholes we were gonna get the Jupiter. And I don't even care if it sucks, gonna fly the living poo poo out of that bathtub.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Turn rate gonna be 4.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

3. And with a Lieutenant Tac slot and 2 tac consoles.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I need this big dumb ship

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

How many different 'teleport' things can you put on a ship now? I only know the Subspace Jump console and Subspace Interception command skill off the top of my head. I want to see spacewhale hopping around the battlefield.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

AfroSquirrel posted:

I want to see spacewhale hopping around the battlefield.

With servers like these who needs consoles?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

SKY COQ posted:

I need this big dumb ship

I can't disagree. There hasn't been a faction-specific full carrier for a long while. I'll bet the Klingons still don't get a T6 Vo'Quv to match it, though.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Bloodly posted:

I can't disagree. There hasn't been a faction-specific full carrier for a long while. I'll bet the Klingons still don't get a T6 Vo'Quv to match it, though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an Omega/Vo'Quv/Romulan(?) carrier bundle.

Also:

The Odyssey class apparently fits inside the saucer.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I think that carrier is actually looking pretty good. I like the big force field covering the internal bay (s).

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah, this thing is stupidly large, will probably suck massively, and will make cryptic assloads of cash. 80% of pubbie ships will be this for a week. The queues will be filled with literal walls of exploding whale carriers.

I don't care though. I told all you fuckers I wanted to fly a Jupiter, and now here it is :colbert:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I am impressed that it is still the ugliest ship in STO. That takes effort. The real question will be how horrible the stats will be... no question it'll have a command seat rather than something actually useful, for example.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Asimo posted:

I am impressed that it is still the ugliest ship in STO. That takes effort. The real question will be how horrible the stats will be... no question it'll have a command seat rather than something actually useful, for example.

Motherfucker, the Fed Dyson Destroyers would like a word with you.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Those actually look pretty okay in comparison, frankly. At least once they let them use the normal hull options too.

Even if the klank and fed ones are way better.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asimo posted:

The Command Cruisers show that you can quite happily run the single good Command skill and still have a decent space ship.

You also forgot the Galaxy-X.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bloodly posted:

gently caress that, I want my Kar'fi to get a T6 option. Space satanboat forever.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I'm still amazed they haven't throw in other Fek'Ihri ships by now. I guess at this point it's a little too late to do it since they have to actually make new models rather than throwing in the NPC ones like they could have gotten away with a few years ago, but it's seems like a surprising lack, especially when the KDF has always been short on ships.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Asimo posted:

I'm still amazed they haven't throw in other Fek'Ihri ships by now. I guess at this point it's a little too late to do it since they have to actually make new models rather than throwing in the NPC ones like they could have gotten away with a few years ago, but it's seems like a surprising lack, especially when the KDF has always been short on ships.

Nobody buys klingon ships because they don't make klingon ships which means they don't make klingon ships as nobody buys them.

This self perpetuating cycle comes from the early days when all the klingon ship you could buy basically sucked arse and nobody with any sense bought them, because they were pieces of poo poo for a dead launch design meta that no longer existed.

The first "wow thats actually really good" klingon ships were the intel ones. That's how long they took. But by then PVP was dead from neglect so it was no longer desirable to have a cloaking kill machine per se.

Also making alts now is super discouraged.

:thumbsup:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

DancingShade posted:

Nobody buys klingon ships because they don't make klingon ships which means they don't make klingon ships as nobody buys them.

This self perpetuating cycle comes from the early days when all the klingon ship you could buy basically sucked arse and nobody with any sense bought them, because they were pieces of poo poo for a dead launch design meta that no longer existed.

No, it comes from the early days when KDF were only unlocked to play when you got a fed leveled up to, what, 20? Even then KDF were just the pvp faction with the only pve content being exploration clusteresque grinding, making gearing up that much harder and all of which meant the vast majority of people would only ever play fed. KDF were hosed from the start.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

MikeJF posted:

gently caress that, I want my Kar'fi to get a T6 option. Space satanboat forever.

I'm not against it. More the merrier, I say.

But I'm still annoyed about the Vo'Quv. The closest you could do was the Fleet Vo'Quv(Tier 5 Starbase, plus Fleet Modules). And if you liked the arrangement of the Mirror Vo'Quv, well, you're completely shafted.

They've been throwing about cross-factions for months, but it's not the same. Hell's bells, the Vo'Quv was the reason I even started a Klingon, because it was unique to it at the time, seemed like a cool style of play, and still is to me(more fool me).

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bloodly posted:

They've been throwing about cross-factions for months, but it's not the same. Hell's bells, the Vo'Quv was the reason I even started a Klingon, because it was unique to it at the time, seemed like a cool style of play, and still is to me(more fool me).

Back when I was still playing STO, I used the kar'fi on my KDF main even into the Romulus expansion. I got that thing so long ago I was able to buy it with the level 50 free ship token, and it looked great with the aegis set.

Effectiveness is good and all, but style is priceless.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The only real problem the Kar'fi has is its dire engineering seating. If a hypothetical T6 variant gave it a Lt.Com eng seat or made the ensign science seat universal or something it'd be really competitive.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DancingShade posted:

The first "wow thats actually really good" klingon ships were the intel ones.

Most of your post is right but the Mogh class was actually pretty great.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

The Command Cruisers show that you can quite happily run the single good Command skill and still have a decent space ship.

Which skill is that :confused:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

wdarkk posted:

Which skill is that :confused:

Suppression Barrage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Suppression Barrage.

Huh, not bad. Does it share a cooldown with FAW?

• Locked thread