Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Coolguye posted:

they've definitely been putting in a number of hints that something is going on SEEKRIT wise, but nobody has come across an electrum-plated vault filled with angry gold elementals yet, no

ps overkill i hereby give u permission 2 steal this idea it is given freely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Grinding Safe House Raid is still the fastest way to level isn't it?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mp5 posted:

Grinding Safe House Raid is still the fastest way to level isn't it?
That and Aftershock are the best XP/minute last I checked. I think Slaughterhouse and Boiling Point are right behind those two. And Hoxbreak is somewhere on that list too.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

White Xmas is surprisingly good if you just sweep all the boxes already on the ground and get out at around the 20m mark. Hoxbreak's largely overshadowed by full-cook Rats for a big massive lump to use a +20% stealth bonus (Election Day!) on. Safe House Raid and Aftershock are both quite good, although on Aftershock that's somewhat dependent on being at a low enough difficulty you can readily move the safes/truck/c4 and accomplish objectives quickly. Armored Transports are actually some of the best returns in terms of xp/minute assuming the team brings a saw and two heisters spec'd for full breaching charge capacity, as they typically give around a half mil xp (at infamy 25) for 3-5m of heisting. Full-scan Boiling Point is pretty good, but much like Aftershock that's somewhat dependent upon being able to do the scans in a timely fashion by keeping the cops off the power, also much like Aftershock the escape can be risky. Ukrainian Job and Diamond Store remain the best choices for full stealth ECM-rushing.

If you're trying to post-infamy grind back up my advice is:

One Down Ukrainian Job (You'll lose a *little* of the xp to minimum level penalty but it's still worth it vs. doing Jewelry Store instead)
One Down Diamond Store (Somewhat longer for around double the returns)
One Down Election Day (this is mostly to get a +20% stealth bonus so feel free to drop it to Overkill if you're not comfortable with the added hassle of needing crowbars for the crates on One Down)
If you have a crime spree stashed back (and you should) cash it in here to slap on a dozen or more levels.
This should put you at 50-70ish depending on how big a crime spree was stashed and what infamy you're on. Best places to cash in the 20% exp bonus from Election Day are Hoxbreak or full-cook Rats with stealing back meth. Hoxbreak's decidedly faster but day 1 is riskier, Rats offers a bigger payout and is safer, but takes longer. In either case, go with the highest difficulty you feel comfortable with given the group you've got. If that's Overkill, it's Overkill, don't sweat it. Going up to Death Wish for it is only around 1m more exp so if you're not confident the group you're with can sweep higher difficulties, get a new group instead of those scrubs just take the safe road of Overkill.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
no for real who's dick I gotta suck for Kane & Lynch crossover
it's Ethan's, isn't it

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
HoxBreak probably shouldn't be in the ~XP Meta~ anymore, it completely lies about how much XP it's worth. I remember seeing 3-4mil XP in the lobby screen and not even clearing 2mil from day 1 and 2 combined (at XXV). If you need to get the absolute most out of a stealth bonus, go for Golden Grin. It's a poo poo map but it's really easy DW loud for quite a lot of XP, and you can do some stealth objectives before going loud to get even more XP out of it. I think I cleared 5 million in one Grin one time when I magically got far enough in stealth to knock out the security room, then went loud and did all the loud objectives. It might take like 45 minutes if you go hard in stealth, so it's probably more time efficient to have someone rush the Archives, fax the blueprints, then get spotted going for reception, but either way it's a lot of XP for a lot of waiting around for cops to spawn already.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

ClonedPickle posted:

HoxBreak probably shouldn't be in the ~XP Meta~ anymore, it completely lies about how much XP it's worth. I remember seeing 3-4mil XP in the lobby screen and not even clearing 2mil from day 1 and 2 combined (at XXV). If you need to get the absolute most out of a stealth bonus, go for Golden Grin. It's a poo poo map but it's really easy DW loud for quite a lot of XP, and you can do some stealth objectives before going loud to get even more XP out of it. I think I cleared 5 million in one Grin one time when I magically got far enough in stealth to knock out the security room, then went loud and did all the loud objectives. It might take like 45 minutes if you go hard in stealth, so it's probably more time efficient to have someone rush the Archives, fax the blueprints, then get spotted going for reception, but either way it's a lot of XP for a lot of waiting around for cops to spawn already.

Rats lies pretty hard about its rewards too, still in terms of xp/min for one lump to use a 20% on, Hoxbreak ain't terrible since it's a 7-digit xp haul. Golden Grin does deserve adding to the list, since there's a shitload of extra bags in that and no real reason not to take them all.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

chairface posted:

Rats lies pretty hard about its rewards too, still in terms of xp/min for one lump to use a 20% on, Hoxbreak ain't terrible since it's a 7-digit xp haul. Golden Grin does deserve adding to the list, since there's a shitload of extra bags in that and no real reason not to take them all.

Whatever the lobby says the XP reward is, always divide by the number of days. No, really; that's the problem.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The reality is even at zero infamy, with goons around to help out the XP meta really isn't all that important anymore.

I mean, by all means follow the basic outline of chairface's approach, but it's not as if clearing a million xp in a heist is all that rare these days.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

UnknownMercenary posted:

I've long been of the opinion that the game should start difficulty at Very Hard. Of course, this was back before Housewarming, and we already had too many difficulties. 7 difficulties right now is 3 too many.

Agreed, I think Normal, Hard and Very Hard should all be condensed into one difficulty called Normal. Then have Overkill and up, or maybe even find a happy medium between Mayhem and Death Wish and make those one difficulty.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

King Vidiot posted:

Agreed, I think Normal, Hard and Very Hard should all be condensed into one difficulty called Normal. Then have Overkill and up, or maybe even find a happy medium between Mayhem and Death Wish and make those one difficulty.
I think Normal, Hard, and Very hard could be condensed to two difficulties and DW and Mayhem could be condensed into one.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Very Hard is way different than Hard.

It's about double the spawns, tans and greens and a lot more. Hard is a good starting point for a 0 infamy 0 level with 0 friends / help (outside of AI.)

Besides, not everyone has access to goons is one of my points.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Those with extensive background in PD: TH can probably complete smaller loud heists on Overkill, even at level 0 and with an Amcar and Chimano. That's how I began PD2, albeit with a more seasoned player guiding me as well.

Agreed that there are too many difficulties. Normal is totally unnecessary, so remove it and then merge Hard and VH, maybe reduce the spawn a little, and call that Normal. Overkill and Mayhem can be merged as well - keep the green and tan SWAT; introduce the Gensec elites only on DW like it used to be - and leave OD as it is. That'll produce a system of four difficulties not significantly different from the stupid 7-tiered one now.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The gap between Very Hard and Overkill is even smaller than that between Mayhem and Death Wish. You'd think that would be impossible, even in this brave new post-safehouse world.

So that makes two difficulties I could tell you to purge right off the bat.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Normal, Hard and Very Hard will be rolled into an Easy mode in Payday 3. OVERKILL will become NU Hard, Mayhem will become OVERKILL and Deathwish will remain the same. No word on if One Down doesn't get some fine tuning.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

One Down will be an optional modifier you can add on top like the old Pro Job. Atleast that's what they should do.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

One Down should just crash the game and give a message window reading "think of your loved ones, dont be this way"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

HebrewMagic posted:

One Down should just crash the game and give a message window reading "think of your loved ones, dont be this way"

accompanied by this picture:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

One Down selection deploys a razorblade from the end of your mouse into your wrist blade, gently whispering "it's more merciful this way"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

then when your webcam detects you recoiling in horror, it continues whispering "also faster"

then the webcam detects you running away and it shouts "YOU CAN'T RUN FROM YOUR OWN SELF DESTRUCTION"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

HebrewMagic posted:

I crawled through a river of pubbie poo poo for that goddamn mask. I smashed my fingers into finally breaking my unresponsive and terrible old keyboard and mouse on OD Goat, inflicting upon myself the indignity of a thousand worthless early OD builds that all died from sheer incompetence. Death is no longer a salvation for me.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

HebrewMagic posted:

One Down selection deploys a razorblade from the end of your mouse into your wrist blade, gently whispering "it's more merciful this way"

It also somehow turns you into Bryan Cranston

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Drive references are the way to my heart, dude

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Sicario in LBV with any kind of health regeneration is incredibly potent. Which I guess it should be if you're going out of your way for it. Even so, it's quite nice. Having played with both LBV and suit more, I think LBV is the way to go. With the understanding that you NEED TO SPRINT if you come under significant fire. Before your LBV is actually broke. Another way to put it is Sicario is really good.. at running away from a fight.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Honestly, if they manage bring Bryan Cranston in the game I'll forgive them for the H3H3 pack.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

What if - hear me out - the H3H3 pack turns out to be good?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

No

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'd buy a youtuber DLC if it was the best friends, there's even a not-Punisher armor for Matt already :v:

[Masks up]: CRYME TYME

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 10:03 on May 24, 2017

watho
Aug 2, 2013

They could make a Jontron one, it'd be pretty easy to make it a crossover with the Raid WW2 game.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Idubbbz is next right

watho
Aug 2, 2013

and then we'll add filthy frank, completing the combo to fully cement the appeal to 14 year old white boys.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Is this the thread for discussing payday 2, or just complaining about it? Not sure if I'm in the right place...

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I'm just a bit salty that we still don't have a Stephen Heck crossover heisted or handler

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Fuuka, are you wanting to do the 3rd day Framing Frame achievement? I got a build specifically for it and somehow, Vox, myself, Rollins and Sensai pulled it off last night on accident.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

watho posted:

and then we'll add filthy frank, completing the combo to fully cement the appeal to 14 year old white boys.

be glad it it's someone somewhat funny, and not the nostalgia critic. euuuugh.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

maswastaken posted:

What if - hear me out - the H3H3 pack turns out to be good?

Should have gone with Dunkey.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

be glad it it's someone somewhat funny, and not the nostalgia critic. euuuugh.
Hellooooooo, I'm the Nostalgia Heister and I reappropriate it so YOU don't have to!

New Track: The Heist Must Go On, composed by Queen Doug Walker.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Malek posted:

Fuuka, are you wanting to do the 3rd day Framing Frame achievement? I got a build specifically for it and somehow, Vox, myself, Rollins and Sensai pulled it off last night on accident.

Too late.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Malek posted:

Very Hard is way different than Hard.

It's about double the spawns, tans and greens and a lot more. Hard is a good starting point for a 0 infamy 0 level with 0 friends / help (outside of AI.)

Besides, not everyone has access to goons is one of my points.

Very Hard and Hard have the same spawn rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Hold up. The difference between Hard and Overkill is just the number of specials and body HP? What the hell, Jules?