Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Jumping on PS4 right now if anyone is interested to join in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Never stop using the Spitfire

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Since I was given a free month of Origin Access I decided to check out the multiplayer on this, after having only played the single player early this year. I assumed the Australian servers would be totally dead, with no one on there - to my surprise, nope, it's still quite possible to get a game. In fact, I'd say it's only about as difficult to get a game as it is in Quake Champions! And it's just as fun as people have said. Although while I'm pretty decent at the pilot v pilot combat, I am loving hopeless at titans.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
It's a different mindset entirely. Pilot vs Pilot is like (good) Call of Duty but with wallrunning. Titan vs Titan plays like Overwatch.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
i used to be pretty good in MP but i've squandered any gunplay skills i once had to chase executions instead.

no regrets, will play until game dies again.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mordja posted:

Only about 1500 on PC. :negative:

God that sucks; rules that the game's seeing life on console but thinking about playing TF2 on a controller and not keyboard and mouse like God intended is making me vomit.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
I'm on PC, I've been playing frontier defence because I'm a noob scrub at PVP. It's still a shitload of fun, and I'm glad I've picked it back up again.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

sigher posted:

God that sucks; rules that the game's seeing life on console but thinking about playing TF2 on a controller and not keyboard and mouse like God intended is making me vomit.

Tf2 plays extremely well on a gamepad.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Lmao at not playing with bumper jumper tactical

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

omg chael crash posted:

Seriously.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Dropped into frontier defense on a lark. First round remembering buttons second round remembering routes. All remaining rounds mvp player.

Felt good.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

Never stop using the Spitfire

I shamelessly love the Spitfire. The first clip I saved when I started playing almost three years ago was with it. Spitfire and stim rules.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

omg chael crash posted:

I'm left handed so run Southpaw and roll claw style. It's weird for others to watch but it suits me just fine. I tried bumper jumper but ultimately reverted back after a few hours.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm left handed so run Southpaw and roll claw style. It's weird for others to watch but it suits me just fine. I tried bumper jumper but ultimately reverted back after a few hours.

:psyduck:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Tf2 plays extremely well on a gamepad.

Look, if I can't draw a detailed penis on the wall using bullet holes with stylus like accuracy, I don't want it. Autoaim won't help when it comes to those fine details. :colbert:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

sigher posted:

Look, if I can't draw a detailed penis on the wall using bullet holes with stylus like accuracy, I don't want it. Autoaim won't help when it comes to those fine details. :colbert:

Tf2 has Auto-Dick tho

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I believe I got that exact reaction last time. It's just what I've gotten used to over the years...

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Any goons still playing this on PS4? I figure there would be a bunch more playing now or playing again maybe.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

Any goons still playing this on PS4? I figure there would be a bunch more playing now or playing again maybe.

Yes, I've been playing matches here and there when not grinding for the new season of R6

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I believe I got that exact reaction last time. It's just what I've gotten used to over the years...

This hurts me to look at

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

This hurts me to look at

It's not bad actually, aim is left stick so I'm never hindered by having to use the buttons with my right hand/aim with the right stick at the same time. Awkward but that's about it.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Do we have a ps4 in game network or PSN community group? Not sure which is better to get parties going

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Captain Beans posted:

Do we have a ps4 in game network or PSN community group? Not sure which is better to get parties going

There is a TF2 goon community but lots of people left it when the game died down and I don’t know if the people left in it play anymore. We could resurrect it. I believe you can openly join.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The Goon Gaming discord is probably the best bet imo

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Sometimes Wazzit, Aaron, and myself(psn: literallygary) get a group going — add me and join up when I’m playing

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

omg chael crash posted:

Sometimes Wazzit, Aaron, and myself(psn: literallygary) get a group going — add me and join up when I’m playing

I'll add you later, friend request will be from the same name as my SA one. I'm excited to play again, it's been too long.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

Oh that's you, I've apparently been avenging your deaths on Shadow of Mordor recently... :v:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Even if I'm about to start Metro Exodus on PS4, add me for Titanfall! psn is guillermus_

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Oh that's you, I've apparently been avenging your deaths on Shadow of Mordor recently... :v:

Man, you have got a LOT of work to do

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

Man, you have got a LOT of work to do

I've been trying, there's a few chiefs or what have you that keep loving me over so occasionally I'll get a message saying another of my friends has avenged me... :v:

It's interesting to see who people got slain by though and I'm guessing it's usually in similar circumstances to me, it's mainly me having a ruck with a huge group of orcs and there's a couple of ranged ones sat offscreen plinking away. Pricks.

I'll try and get on for some Titanfall later, I still have some of your guys on my list.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
I’m not trolling i’m serious about all of my statements! I just care about the genre of military science-fiction which we have been starved of for years in games and film.

Titanfall 1 was innovative and cinematic in terms of giving players a sense of being part of a believable war in the future. There is no current or former equivalent to it in the genre, as much of a rough draft as it was, especially not online. I think most of you are just happy with the same old year-in, year-out kind of sequels. If TF3 came out with the same online MP as 2 but a few new maps and titans you would all be praising it, without demanding any better.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

As the first pc goon to make it to g10 in Titanfall 1, no, it really wasn't.

It was almost kind of cinematic but TF2's campaign was better in every way, especially since you didn't need to rely on mp queues to progress it. And no amount of incidental verisimilitude can make up for it taking place in a series of clearly "designed," relatively compact arenas (compact at least in titan scale) with clear zones for player engagement.

Runa fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 13, 2019

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Xarbala posted:

Who the gently caress played Titanfall 1 and thought it was "an immersive war experience" lmao

I meant that in the sense of visualising a full-scale human vs. human war and through the mission-based storytelling which most multiplayer games completely lack. The scripted elements (orbital railguns, towers collapsing, leviathans stomping around), insertion/evac by dropship, ship fleets overhead, drop pods to deploy troops and mechs from orbit, radio chatter, robotic drones, all of the environmental details add up. Halo/Gears offer little of that, plus they are not utilitarian in aesthetics like TF1, so what else is there?

The titan gameplay itself was too spammy which spoiled it a bit I thought; for example there was no restriction on aiming speed, so titans could be whipped around at an unrealistic pace. But playing “boots on the ground” with a bit of wall running and sticking with grunt squads was as close to an immersive futuristic war you could get in a game. Only BF 2142 comes close and that was 2006.

psyman fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 13, 2019

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It was an ignorable radio-play over deathmatch rounds. I liked Titanfall 1, and agree that its levels and Grunt count were grander in scale, but those AI enemies were still never anything more than fun score pinatas and frankly it sounds like you enjoyed TF1's atmosphere more than you enjoyed playing it if you rarely wall-ran and hung back with the bots. Map design aside, I definitely think TF2 improved on every aspect of its predecessor's gameplay while making you feel like a goddam Übermensch.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I slept on titanfall 2 because the marketing for 1 was bad and the game looked bland as hell, just cod but with big robots. When I finally picked up 2 I regretted immediately not getting it at launch

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tf1 had plenty of atmosphere sure but tf2 was just a better game to actually play, especially if you're comparing campaigns. Which had better atmosphere, plot, and even honest to goodness characters. And had the advantage of also being wild as hell.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Titanfall 2 is basically the most underrated game ever

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Wheeee posted:

Titanfall 2 is basically the most underrated game ever

It's probably my favorite shooter ever.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
My ps4 has just been the monster hunter machine since January 2018 but once I get this Safi'Jiiva siege done a few times I'd love to go lose at robots again. Tag is DoctorCatHaver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Rad Valtar posted:

It's probably my favorite shooter ever.

It's definitely mine.