Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

crepeface posted:

bro what's the point of the spoiler tag

it makes the tweet not auto expand

Omnomnomnivore posted:

What was the thing in the Sanderson books about how the Forsaken aren't the most dangerous or powerful but just the most selfish egotistical jerks? Like there were more effective AoL dark folks who were happy to quietly tear down civilization without making it all about them.

Verin saying she analyzed the forsaken and decided they have to have been chosen for selfishness, right before she died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

amalisa definitely a channeler then, wonder where they're going with that change

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

eke out posted:

amalisa definitely a channeler then, wonder where they're going with that change

Could be introducing the 13x13

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

silvergoose posted:

it makes the tweet not auto expand

yeah some people want to go into these episodes not knowing a thing

for others there's this

looks like she got a belly on her

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

eke out posted:

it feels like TGH chapter 5 shiz

https://wot.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Hunt/Chapter_5

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

maybe instead of Liandrin bullying/mind controlling her, she's just instead going to be black ajah and initiate those same events herself (this could also keep the mystery of whether Liandrin is actually capital e Evil alive longer in the show)

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Ow, my virgin ears!

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

eke out posted:

maybe instead of Liandrin bullying/mind controlling her, she's just instead going to be black ajah and initiate those same events herself (this could also keep the mystery of whether Liandrin is actually capital e Evil alive longer in the show)

That would be a decent shout to be fair

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

eke out posted:

They might just drop the Amalisa and the servants hunt for Rand thing, it doesn't really lead anywhere

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006

Powered by alcohol

Verin Sedai isn't on the Wikipedia cast page. Is that just appearing so far?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

longtimelurker posted:

Verin Sedai isn't on the Wikipedia cast page. Is that just appearing so far?

She's probably Meera Syal's role, it's just not confirmed

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

crepeface posted:

nothing beats the guy who's not quite as tall as LTT. just the dumbest parody of short man syndrome

Demandred is the "I feel bad for you/I don't think about you at all" meme in a character. If they cast him, they need to find a guy who looks like a store-brand Rand.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Demandred is the "I feel bad for you/I don't think about you at all" meme in a character. If they cast him, they need to find a guy who looks like a store-brand Rand.

Demandred is the 'we have the Dragon at the home' meme

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

eke out posted:

Where did you get that? I thought the woman we see talking to Moiraine was Min, since we see what looks like Perrin-vision right after?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

navyjack posted:

Where did you get that? I thought the woman we see talking to Moiraine was Min, since we see what looks like Perrin-vision right after?

you're not wrong about that, it's a different scene -- she's wearing a very distinctive white dress in the promo stills and it looks like the lady channeling to light the lamp (that we only see from the back) is wearing it

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rarity posted:

Demandred is the 'we have the Dragon at the home' meme

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Hey who has the balefire puzzle video?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

eke out posted:

you're not wrong about that, it's a different scene -- she's wearing a very distinctive white dress in the promo stills and it looks like the lady channeling to light the lamp (that we only see from the back) is wearing it

I saw a fun theory that maybe thats a misdirect and the woman channeling is Lanfear

Also: did yall catch Padan Fain?

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PĂƒÂ„DOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Does that teaser have an Aiel dual-wielding swords?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Soonmot posted:

Hey who has the balefire puzzle video?

Tolth posted:

No, those are short spears. I'm more wondering about the obvious lack of veil.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Tolth posted:

nah those are their short spears, the heads are like a foot long

CainFortea posted:

thom already talked about how they only are trying to kill you when veils are up, there's probably some explanation

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

ty friend

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

silvergoose posted:

Even the other chosen are like "wait, you're *seriously* still hung up on him?" it's so funny

I think it's less that she wants to be loved by Lews Therin and more that she wants to be loved by the most important man in the universe. As part of a broader trend to be/possess the most, the best, the greatest. It's all ego with her.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm rewatching last week's episode and Pike and Okonedo are so great together and the series has a major problem in that after Fal Dara they're likely never going to be sharing screen time again

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Also the other forsaken don't have any room to complain really.

We have a guy who was a bit shorter than LTT, and that's why he turned. Or the lady who was denied tenure. Or greandal who's entire reason for turning to the shadow was "everyone sucks and can't be on my level so gently caress it"

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

CainFortea posted:

Also the other forsaken don't have any room to complain really.

We have a guy who was a bit shorter than LTT, and that's why he turned. Or the lady who was denied tenure. Or greandal who's entire reason for turning to the shadow was "everyone sucks and can't be on my level so gently caress it"

Asmodean had the best reason to turn to the shadow 'I want to jam forever and not die'. And also bein real mad at music critics.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
Well got to remember the Forsaken we now are not the only ones, just the only ones that survived.

Squinty
Aug 12, 2007

CainFortea posted:

I guess it makes sense if it's Shaiel/Tigraine, she's more of an honorary Maiden iirc.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

MadHat posted:

Well got to remember the Forsaken we now are not the only ones, just the only ones that survived.

Yea, but they survived because they were called to Shayol Ghul because they were the highest of them all. The rest all turned on eachother with their armies.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That preview looks really good. That's not quit how I pictured the borderlands , but I'll take it.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Is there a Chosen who was EXTREMELY online and turned to the Dark One because they lost an Age of Legend twitter argument?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Demandred is the Vegeta to Rand's Goku

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CainFortea posted:

Or greandal who's entire reason for turning to the shadow was "everyone sucks and can't be on my level so gently caress it"

She's right though :confused:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Is there a Chosen who was EXTREMELY online and turned to the Dark One because they lost an Age of Legend twitter argument?

Graendel would be a Instagram andTwitter superstar for sure.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Rarity posted:

I'm rewatching last week's episode and Pike and Okonedo are so great together and the series has a major problem in that after Fal Dara they're likely never going to be sharing screen time again

Not necessarily. Even in the books Moiraine and Siuan reunite at Rand's big conference at Merrilor. It may be the top of season eight, but they do get together again. And that's assuming they don't adjust things to allow them to meet again after Fal Dara, since you're right, they'd be fools not to use that chemistry more than the books did.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

Maybe Moghedien? She was a stockbroker or something and got the slapdown

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Nitrousoxide posted:

Sounds like Moghedien.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I mean start of book 2 they're both in fal Dara

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Moghedien posts Youtube clips with titles like Aes Sedai Gets OWNED By Tolerant Darkfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rarity posted:

Moghedien posts Youtube clips with titles like Aes Sedai Gets OWNED By Tolerant Darkfriend

It could also be Mesaana. She was a lovely researcher which is why she ended up with a teaching job. Maybe she would be posting poo poo like "You don't have to ward your dreams at night, just microdose 1000mg of vitamin C every 4 hours and The Dark One can't touch you!" and getting ratioed.