Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Any bets on the group? I say furries

$15 on anime roleplayers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

My (27M) girlfriend (25f) doesn't like Star Wars. Should I break up with her?

I was about to rant about Star Wars People, but honestly, anyone who just decides to cancel a holiday on their SO and rebrand it with fandom deserves scorn.

On the other hand, at least if he breaks up with her, she's spared having to do it herself in a few months, no doubt to his angry incredulity.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Any bets on the group? I say furries

Vampire LARPers

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I(21F) would rather someone less experienced for my first time. Boyfriend (25M) is now jealous and upset.
Context: I'm a virgin and he is my first relationship. I don't think of my virginity as something that important but i still wanted to share my body while being in a loving commited relationship. I'm sure i'm vanilla when it comes to sex. I wouldn't even feel upset about only having one partner my whole life.

My boyfriend has had over 20? partners. I didn't know in the beggining and i have to admit it probably would have been a deal breaker as it speaks of a gap in beliefs when it comes to sex and experience but i'm not the type to ask those questions so i just discovered this recently and i'm already deeply in love so i felt i could overlook this.

The issue: Even though i love my boyfriend and accept him and his past i still felt a bit of a loss as i won't be sharing my first time with someone and it would be memorable to them too. I mean if it was with someone who had less than 5-10 partners it would still feel special to me but it will probably just be another gently caress for my boyfriend considering his experience.

A few days ago i shared this same feeling with one of my friends on facebook and i usually don't log out since it's the messenger app on my phone and apparently my boyfriend saw it. I'm not secretive at all with him so i let him use my phone,tablet ect. I just thought it was an unspoken rule that we would respect each other's privacy but that's not really the problem here.

He has been really upset since then and even turned possessive. He was never the jealous type but now he doesn't even want me to hang out with my guy friends alone. He now checks on me all the time. He said he didn't want me to have sex with someone else when i've never expressed the desire to. He thinks i think less of him for having had a large number of partners. No matter what i tell him it's like speaking to a wall. It's like he has suddenly become really insecure. He gets upset and angry for no reasons. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't tell him his number isn't important to me as it would be lying. I just told him it was just unfortunate but life doesn't always go according to plan, i was just stating my ideal but it doesn't seem to appease him.

TL;DR;.Virgin me let it slip to a friend that i would rather have sex with someone less experienced. Boyfriend snooped and is now upset. What can i do?

Edit: My question is how can i reconcile with him and make him feel secure again? Please just answer this question i'm not here to debate about sexual pasts/beliefs etc

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Pick posted:

$15 on anime roleplayers

It may or may not be anime, but no way in Hell is this not roleplaying drama. My bet would be that Undertale is involved somehow.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

if we're being honest,

vampire LARP that plays out like an anime, and half of them can transform into "werecats" which are totally furries

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I(21F) would rather someone less experienced for my first time. Boyfriend (25M) is now jealous and upset.
Context: I'm a virgin and he is my first relationship. I don't think of my virginity as something that important but i still wanted to share my body while being in a loving commited relationship. I'm sure i'm vanilla when it comes to sex. I wouldn't even feel upset about only having one partner my whole life.

My boyfriend has had over 20? partners. I didn't know in the beggining and i have to admit it probably would have been a deal breaker as it speaks of a gap in beliefs when it comes to sex and experience but i'm not the type to ask those questions so i just discovered this recently and i'm already deeply in love so i felt i could overlook this.

The issue: Even though i love my boyfriend and accept him and his past i still felt a bit of a loss as i won't be sharing my first time with someone and it would be memorable to them too. I mean if it was with someone who had less than 5-10 partners it would still feel special to me but it will probably just be another gently caress for my boyfriend considering his experience.

A few days ago i shared this same feeling with one of my friends on facebook and i usually don't log out since it's the messenger app on my phone and apparently my boyfriend saw it. I'm not secretive at all with him so i let him use my phone,tablet ect. I just thought it was an unspoken rule that we would respect each other's privacy but that's not really the problem here.

He has been really upset since then and even turned possessive. He was never the jealous type but now he doesn't even want me to hang out with my guy friends alone. He now checks on me all the time. He said he didn't want me to have sex with someone else when i've never expressed the desire to. He thinks i think less of him for having had a large number of partners. No matter what i tell him it's like speaking to a wall. It's like he has suddenly become really insecure. He gets upset and angry for no reasons. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't tell him his number isn't important to me as it would be lying. I just told him it was just unfortunate but life doesn't always go according to plan, i was just stating my ideal but it doesn't seem to appease him.

TL;DR;.Virgin me let it slip to a friend that i would rather have sex with someone less experienced. Boyfriend snooped and is now upset. What can i do?

Edit: My question is how can i reconcile with him and make him feel secure again? Please just answer this question i'm not here to debate about sexual pasts/beliefs etc

well good news lady your first time ain't gonna be with this dude after all

Pick posted:

if we're being honest,

vampire LARP that plays out like an anime, and half of them can transform into "werecats" which are totally furries

Like I said; Vampire LARPers.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I love the "please tell me how to magically fix this without questioning any of my preconceived notions and baggage" disclaimer here. It's nearly identical to the one on the arranged marriage guy's post from several pages back (and that guy had the exact same "problem" come to think of it).

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I bet the group is for Ball Jointed Doll enthusiasts.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
LARPing for sure if they were all rolling some RNG thing against her

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Darla's group is an MLM scam.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

WampaLord posted:

My husband's (35m) favorite phrase to say is driving me (28f) crazy
I bet if he gave her a time to be home she would start freaking out on him the second it became that time, or likely an hour before to "make sure [he] gets home on time".

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

this one's from one of those idiots who thinks their boring life merits a Dostoyevsky novel but:

Roommate [25F] is threatening to file a restraining order on me [24F] if I don't sign lease break or roommate release form by tomorrow because of onion smell in apartment

lol what do you want to bet the onion smell isn't the apartment, but the poster?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

Darla's group is an MLM scam.

This is a lot more amusing to me than vampire larpers somehow, but amway or whatever probably wouldn't throw her rear end out if she were bringing in money.

Clark Nova fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 12, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Clark Nova posted:

This is a lot more amusing to me than vampire larpers somehow, but amway or whatever probably wouldn't throw her rear end out if she were bring in money.

What if she's negatively impacting the cash stream of the person heading the group?

I think it's either MLM or erotic roleplay (incl. vampire) because those are about the only two things I can think of where you'd need to be this loving cagey about it while still talking about it to other people, lol

edit: it's probably not furries, though. Furries are generally more decentralized than this and what little leadership there is is almost exclusively male.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

He thinks i think less of him for having had a large number of partners. No matter what i tell him it's like speaking to a wall. It's like he has suddenly become really insecure. He gets upset and angry for no reasons. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't tell him his number isn't important to me as it would be lying. I just told him it was just unfortunate but life doesn't always go according to plan, i was just stating my ideal but it doesn't seem to appease him.

ya i cant imagine why he's upset or thinks you're thinking less of him

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

There's no way it's MLM, why would you need to be doing a collective group success/fail roll for an MLM thing?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Mirthless posted:

What if she's negatively impacting the cash stream of the person heading the group?

I think it's either MLM or erotic roleplay (incl. vampire) because those are about the only two things I can think of where you'd need to be this loving cagey about it while still talking about it to other people, lol

edit: it's probably not furries, though. Furries are generally more decentralized than this and what little leadership there is is almost exclusively male.
Erotic MLM roleplay.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Me [29f], arguing with partner [29m] over his choice of outfit for a Comic-Con type event, he got mad over it when I challenged him, who is in the right here?

u/msgeekah1606wt1y

On a throwaway for my own privacy. I check out the cosplay subreddit for the photos every so often.

So, me and my partner Steve have been together for 4 years now, we've livedtogether here in Manchester since November2014. We met at a Comic-Con type event, and have a lot in common besides being geeks, similartastes in food, values, background etc. etc. We're British, just for those wondering about Manchester or Birmingham and comic-cons.

Im a geek but no shame in admitting it, female geeks get bullied, and I did both for being ginger, geekish and for having a funny accent (being born to an American mum, English dad).

We're going to a Comic-Con event in Birmingham in November and have decided to cosplay as popular characters, we both like cosplay anyway.

Thats the main cause of our argument, not who Im cosplaying as but who he's cosplaying as.

Im cosplaying as Amy Pond from Doctor Who (I am ginger, anyway, to be fair and get told I look like her) and my partner, he wants to cosplay as Ronda Rousey (??, is that how you spell her name?), he told me he wants to borrow one of my sports bras and get a black crop top and hotpants, go to the ComicCon as her.

I said to him shes not a comic character, but hes insistent, he said itd be a hoot going as Ronda, he got mad. I said we'd talk more about this tomorrow, he said he had a few things to say.

Hes at work today and its my day off so I cant confront him yet.

On our shared Mac laptop I discovered searches for "how to wear fake boobs", pictures of Ronda Rousey, and a wikihow article on crossdressing, but ironically, my partner has never shown any interest in crossdressing.

Im worried that he'll be ridiculd or get attacked for this choice of outfit, I knowit sounds silly, but to me it sounds a bit weird.

I wonder if hes secretly into crossdressing and pretending to show no interest in it.

In all, though, hes a decent man, a good guy and I do really love him, but this worries me.

Tbh, Im not sure what to do here for the best, were a loving couple and I want to enjoy the event not worry over a costume choice.

Who's in the right here and what do I do next?

tl;dr: Im worried over partners cosplay choices but do I have a right to be?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ThePeavstenator posted:

ya i cant imagine why he's upset or thinks you're thinking less of him

lol yep "I don't understand why my boyfriend doesn't trust me after he caught me telling my male (realized she didn't specify) friend that I don't want to lose my virginity to my boyfriend"

i kind of get where she's coming from, where she's putting her virginity on a pedestal and wanting it to be mutually important but if she doesn't want to have sex with a partner way more experienced than her she should probably start dating somebody else.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 12, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Like I said; Vampire LARPers.

it's a tight venn

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Yawgmoth posted:

Erotic MLM roleplay.

group findom?

honestly I can't imagine any sort of group activity where you could feasibly have 30+ people involved especially considering the weird vague descriptions she gives

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fullhouse posted:

honestly I can't imagine any sort of group activity where you could feasibly have 30+ people involved especially considering the weird vague descriptions she gives

LARPing (of whatever flavor) is one of the few things that does fit that bill.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

There's no way it's MLM, why would you need to be doing a collective group success/fail roll for an MLM thing?

team building exercises

it's almost certainly some kind of larping though

Me [29f], arguing with partner [29m] over his choice of outfit for a Comic-Con type event, he got mad over it when I challenged him, who is in the right here?

u/msgeekah1606wt1y

On a throwaway for my own privacy. I check out the cosplay subreddit for the photos every so often.

So, me and my partner Steve have been together for 4 years now, we've livedtogether here in Manchester since November2014. We met at a Comic-Con type event, and have a lot in common besides being geeks, similartastes in food, values, background etc. etc. We're British, just for those wondering about Manchester or Birmingham and comic-cons.

Im a geek but no shame in admitting it, female geeks get bullied, and I did both for being ginger, geekish and for having a funny accent (being born to an American mum, English dad).

We're going to a Comic-Con event in Birmingham in November and have decided to cosplay as popular characters, we both like cosplay anyway.

Thats the main cause of our argument, not who Im cosplaying as but who he's cosplaying as.

Im cosplaying as Amy Pond from Doctor Who (I am ginger, anyway, to be fair and get told I look like her) and my partner, he wants to cosplay as Ronda Rousey (??, is that how you spell her name?), he told me he wants to borrow one of my sports bras and get a black crop top and hotpants, go to the ComicCon as her.

I said to him shes not a comic character, but hes insistent, he said itd be a hoot going as Ronda, he got mad. I said we'd talk more about this tomorrow, he said he had a few things to say.

Hes at work today and its my day off so I cant confront him yet.

On our shared Mac laptop I discovered searches for "how to wear fake boobs", pictures of Ronda Rousey, and a wikihow article on crossdressing, but ironically, my partner has never shown any interest in crossdressing.

Im worried that he'll be ridiculd or get attacked for this choice of outfit, I knowit sounds silly, but to me it sounds a bit weird.

I wonder if hes secretly into crossdressing and pretending to show no interest in it.

In all, though, hes a decent man, a good guy and I do really love him, but this worries me.

Tbh, Im not sure what to do here for the best, were a loving couple and I want to enjoy the event not worry over a costume choice.

Who's in the right here and what do I do next?

tl;dr: Im worried over partners cosplay choices but do I have a right to be?

I think there's a 50/50 chance that this is either a guy with a sissy fetish, or a dude who thought Man Fay was really really funny and a concept due for a revival

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fullhouse posted:

group findom?

There are a lot of fairly large LARP groups. I did some work at a professional space that actually lent part of itself to LARPers for a night, which I thought was a terrible idea, but apparently they did no damage so whatever.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Fullhouse posted:

group findom?

Sorority? Surely there's at least one "nerd" sorority on a decently sized campus.

quote:

Tomorrow will be the 10th anniversary of my [23/F] father's death. Want to talk to my SO [26/M, 4yrs] who has Asperger's and I don't know how.

Hi everyone! (Throwaway)
About the death: Tomorrow will be the 10th anniversary of my father's death. His death really affected me as a teenager. I had significant psychological problems and tried to commit suicide several times to 'be with him'. I only got help 5 years after his death, spent 7 months in a psych ward and 3 following years in outpatient care. The things I learned about myself, the experience and the skills I've gained completely changed me and I now consider myself a very content and mindful person.

About my relationship: Louis and me have been together for four years, living together for two. I don't want to go into too much detail but Louis has Asperger's and has been getting professional help for three years now (I 'made' him get it, he is very thankful now). He has made terrific progress and his anxieties are gone. But he has huge troubles showing empathy. Often he can understand my emotions because I describe them and give him an example of when he felt similar. That way he can relate to it. I have talked to him about my past, the illness of my father and his death. So Louis obviously knows it happened. I also touched on how it affected me. Each time he said that he just didn't know what to say. I directly told him that all I wanted were some kind words or maybe a question (eg "That must have been tough." or "What about his death affected you most as a teenager?"). But he'd just reply "I really just don't know what to say." And sooner or later we'd get frustrated and the situation became about him and his issues.

Current situation: Tomorrow, I want to share my emotions with someone (preferably Louis). I want to remember my father and tell someone about the things we did together. I want someone to be there for me in case I get sad. Listen to me, be understanding etc. We recently moved, so I don't really have a 'support system' of friends/family close by yet. Also, I really want to go through this day with my best friend and partner. So, how can I best communicate to him why this is an important day and why I want him to 'be there' for me. I know that clear and direct communication works best for him. But I am not entirely sure what kind of support I will want. My mind tells me: "Just someone to be there for me.", but this is not specific enough for Louis. I mean, he is not an emotionless robot, god no. But he also never lost anyone and I get that he feels overwhelmed.

(English is not my native language, please don't judge too harshly)

tl;dr: I lost my father 10 years ago. My partner has Asperger's and struggles when I talk about my past. Tomorrow is my father's anniversary of death and I could really use my partner's support. How do I approach this? How do I best communicate what I want from him when I don't even know myself?

Hey how do I get my BF to do something he is psychologically (and possibly biologically) incapable of doing despite years of therapy?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mirthless posted:

I think there's a 50/50 chance that this is either a guy with a sissy fetish, or a dude who thought Man Fay was really really funny and a concept due for a revival

if he had a sissy fetish why would it be Rousey

I think he just got hung up on some internet meme idea and they're both far, far too invested in their positions on this

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

this girl doesn't deserve him

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

if he had a sissy fetish why would it be Rousey

I think he just got hung up on some internet meme idea and they're both far, far too invested in their positions on this

Because Rhonda Rousey has been savagely humiliated on a national scale, twice

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I like to think he just really admires rounda Rousey

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

That one's weird cause usually you cosplay as a character, not as a person. You go as Han Solo, not as Harrison Ford.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Well to be fair she is in a video game

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

WampaLord posted:

That one's weird cause usually you cosplay as a character, not as a person. You go as Han Solo, not as Harrison Ford.

That is definitely the weird part about this situation.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

So my [25M] girlfriend is desperate and wants to become illegalRelationships
submitted 43 minutes ago by opnumber2

Met this girl [28F] on a dating site and we went out a bunch times in the summer. She mentioned that at first she replied because she was new to the country and needed friends. So we went out and had tons of great times together and became a couple by August.

She's an au pair (had to google that one) and works for this wealthy family. We live a short drive apart with a major city very close. She mentioned that she wanted to be a nurse here like she was back home but that her host family never gives her time to herself. She works from 8-8 and has no time to herself to really study for any exams or go out during the week. She is only free one day a week and that's when we go out.

She's been doing this since the summertime and has wanted to switch families before. Problem is that the nearest available family is states away and she doesn't wanna be away from me. This situation has kept grinding down on her for months now and she's fed up. Her contract won't end til about May/June and she says she really cannot take it. She cries because she works so drat much and her agency told her that she can find a new family in a different state or go home. Well, one of her au pair friends got in trouble and was removed from the program but decided to become illegal so as not to go back home. My gf was good friends and they kept in touch and now her friend has convinced her to move to another state to become an illegal caregiver (but make more money and have more time). My gf even mentioned that she would come visit me when she could and made my jaw drop when she said she would marry someone for money just so she could stay.

So that's my dilemma. She's a christian and she always goes to church and prays and she's told me before that marriage is sacred to her and she thinks it's a mockery to use it for citizenship. Now months later she's telling me she understands the desperation that those people face and she hopes I wouldn't think of her as a bad person if she chose to do that. She said she cannot make it through the next 4/5 months working as an au pair. She's like a zombie. She now wants to tell the program she will quit and go home. Instead she will move away with her friend where she will become illegal in a few months.

Can i have some thoughts on this? I feel like I shouldn't be in a panic. She can't come live with me because I'm a master's student living in a dorm

tl;dr Girlfriend is an au pair. Has been dealing with her host family and cannot take it anymore. She wants to leave the program and become illegal instead. She's not opposed to using a service to marry someone and become a citizen. After she leaves her host family we will be very very far apart and she will become illegal in a few months.

i smell a good idea!!!!!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Well to be fair she is in a video game

Yeah she suffered from the EA curse

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
I think cosplaying as Ronda Rousey would be hilarious. His girlfriend should get on board and either cosplay as Holly Holm or Amanda Nunes. They can take photos of her knocking him out, it would be hilarious.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

No worse scum on the Earth.

E: because they have the balls to be pretentious about playing dress up and pretend

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

This may seem trivial but it's actually infuriating because there's nothing you can do that isn't ridiculous. I used to play with a couple of good friends and one of them was just straight up bad and it constantly brought us down but what are we going to do? Exclude a friend over a game? Of course not, but we still wanted to play and so did he so it ended up being a frustrating experience for everyone. The worst part is he took it more serious than any of us and thought of himself as competitive.

e: for the record, we played a lot of non-competitive games as well and this normally wasn't an issue.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 12, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

i smell a good idea!!!!!

lol this guy

i can't tell if he's trying to avoid what he suspects might be a green card marriage or if he's just so terrified of commitment he won't propose to his girlfriend even when she is literally talking about marrying any random rich guy just to survive

like what's with the "i live in a dorm" excuse to avoid cohabitation? is this guy on a scholarship that requires him to live on campus or does he just not want to have to commute to class?

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

This may seem trivial but it's actually infuriating because there's nothing you can do that isn't ridiculous. I used to play with a couple of good friends and one of them was just straight up bad and it constantly brought us down but what are we going to do? Exclude a friend over a game? Of course not, but we still wanted to play and so did he so it ended up being a frustrating experience for everyone. The worst part is he took it more serious than any of us and thought of himself as competitive.

You can take games way less seriously, for starters.

Like, if I had a girlfriend who wanted to play a game with me and she sucked, I would just be happy to be playing with her and having fun. Is this so terrible?