Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

number 1 snake fan posted:

RE: the terrible picky eater that assaulted his gf, I thought we weren't posting accounts of actual sexual abuse in the thread?

This post is grandfathered in as part of "lore" of the thread, like Pete, Eagle Boyfriend, or Dog-caped Repaver Brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I'm not sure I believe the vegan sister story. OP sounds like the kind of loony that tries to make health arguments for vegan diets, except she's doing it for meat based diets. The sister hits to many "vegans are awful" buttons for me. I don't love outspoken vegans but I am having a hard time buying that story.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

therobit posted:

I'm not sure I believe the vegan sister story. OP sounds like the kind of loony that tries to make health arguments for vegan diets, except she's doing it for meat based diets. The sister hits to many "vegans are awful" buttons for me. I don't love outspoken vegans but I am having a hard time buying that story.

I considered it, but every single functional medicine story I've heard goes like this:

Person goes all in on weird diets to treat chronic mystery illness
Functional medicine doctor tells them "eat normal food you weirdo"
Person magically gets better
Person's alternative health/diet friends all turn really lovely to them

So that part rings true at least.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

This post is grandfathered in as part of "lore" of the thread, like Pete, Eagle Boyfriend, or Dog-caped Repaver Brother.

It's kind of like a religious tradition, really.

You know how they describe Japanese syncretism by saying Japanese are Shinto when they live and Buddhist when they die? I practice Costco thread rituals as I live and I will take last rights from the r/relationships thread.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Straight White Shark posted:

I considered it, but every single functional medicine story I've heard goes like this:

Person goes all in on weird diets to treat chronic mystery illness
Functional medicine doctor tells them "eat normal food you weirdo"
Person magically gets better
Person's alternative health/diet friends all turn really lovely to them

So that part rings true at least.

I have never heard of functional medicine before but you do have a point that a lot of people are probably making themselves sick with fad diets.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

Xenocides posted:

I (34F) have been used by a PTA (30s/40s F) I thought were friends, and don't know what to do

My favorite comment:

That comment is brilliant.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

therobit posted:

The OP sounds delusional and deep into alternative medicine as a cure for her “illness”, which she thinks was somehow brought on by antibiotics.

Yeah, sanctimonious vegans are annoying, but I’ll take their side over alternative medicine idiots any day.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

CheesyDog posted:

Unhealthy ejacuating (self.sex)

submitted an hour ago by waterburgers_

This is a scientific fact established by the groundbreaking research of Dr. Merkwürdigliebe.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

therobit posted:

I'm not sure I believe the vegan sister story. OP sounds like the kind of loony that tries to make health arguments for vegan diets, except she's doing it for meat based diets. The sister hits to many "vegans are awful" buttons for me. I don't love outspoken vegans but I am having a hard time buying that stoqry.

You don't trust a narrator who admits they don't remember exactly what they said because they "left their body in rage"?!?

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Me, 32f with my family 50 f, 52m, 65 f, 68m. "The Doctor wound up being Indian and that dissapointed us but he was actually nice and we could even understand him."

murder your family

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Generic Monk posted:

murder your family

Some advice is good no matter the situation.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

CheesyDog posted:

pretty obvious who this is

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

You don't trust a narrator who admits they don't remember exactly what they said because they "left their body in rage"?!?

I don't know man, a course of antibiotics when she was 12 destroyed her entire physiology. Who knows what all damage it did?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My guess would be this guy

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My [23F] vegan sister[30F] is driving me insane. (LONG)

/r/relationships: Apologies, this is so long and the dumbest thing ever

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Subjunctive posted:

/r/relationships: Apologies, this is so long and the dumbest thing ever

I really like this one

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

For every weird pushy vegan there's 100 people that will overhear someone at a restaurant ordering a vegan entree and they'll spend the rest of their evening fuming about "those loving vegans think they're so much better than me!"
It's the exact same thing for people who don't drink. It's almost never the person abstaining that's annoying, it's random insecure people around them that totally lose all their chill.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

number 1 snake fan posted:

RE: the terrible picky eater that assaulted his gf, I thought we weren't posting accounts of actual sexual abuse in the thread?

Sorry, I forgot about that. I just changed the quote to a link with a warning.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
GERD wife fed her partner something a doctor specifically said he can't eat because she thought she knew better and caused him two days of pain, gently caress her. You don't decide to just do random experiments on people without their consent that can HURT THEM.

Like yeah I get that occasionally someone is a picky bitch, but even then let it go don't try to loving 'catch' them in it you controlling weirdo. It's not your loving job, or even ok to try and 'fix' their eating habits because you suspect they're pretending.

People have boundaries for what goes into their bodies, respect them or gently caress off, don't decide you get to test them by lying - that makes you the rear end in a top hat.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

My [23F] vegan sister[30F] is driving me insane. (LONG)

quote:

Overnight I went from a bubbly bright kid to dealing with non-stop panic attacks, phobias, Pure OCD, anxiety, gut pain, nausea, difficulty breathing, fatigue etc etc.

Ah, Pure OCD. None of that cut poo poo people sell these days. Just purestrain OCD.

quote:

I left my body from the rage.

lol okay.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Hungry Computer posted:

Sorry, I forgot about that. I just changed the quote to a link with a warning.

Thanks!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Admiral Ray posted:

Ah, Pure OCD. None of that cut poo poo people sell these days. Just purestrain OCD.

It's a type of OCD. Intrusive thoughts, mostly mental, not the hand-washing/counts-to-three type

?? Seems reasonable to me after someone just threw out $200 of your food and told you that you just didn't try hard enough not to be sick

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Xenocides posted:

My (26 F) SIL has accessed My bank account and Has caused me moral and ethical dilemmas

I would report her it you do know you can put your money in another bank right?

I'd report her, she's been testing boundaries for what seems like years and absolutely nobody in that family has done anything to stop her. I have a relative like this and can guarantee that the "stink" she will cause is nothing compared to letting her just assume her behavior is okay.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

I was thinking Gen. Ripper conserving his precious bodily fluids.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

For every weird pushy vegan there's 100 people that will overhear someone at a restaurant ordering a vegan entree and they'll spend the rest of their evening fuming about "those loving vegans think they're so much better than me!"
It's the exact same thing for people who don't drink. It's almost never the person abstaining that's annoying, it's random insecure people around them that totally lose all their chill.

I think the accurate ratio is more like 1:10 but yeah it's weird how many people get mad about vegans. Vegans can be shits too but there are simply a lot fewer of them

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I think my fiancée (25F) drugged me and threatened to throw me (25M) in a psych ward.

A week ago, my fiancée and our two children joined some friends on a vacation to a beach resort town for a short getaway. We enjoyed ourselves for about three days, and then it was time to go home. While one the drive home, my fiancée’s demeanor changed from vibrant and happy to confrontational about halfway through the journey. She had our baby boy about three months ago, and was still dealing with postpartum-depression, so I attempted to be as supportive as possible.

She told me about how she felt lonely in the city we lived in, and hated my job because I was gone for a good portion of the day. I felt guilty for how much time I was working, and offered to approach my HR department for a temporary decrease in hours to help out around the house. At this point in the conversation, I started to feel a bit fuzzy and a weird taste developed in my mouth. Every minute or so, I would start to nod off and fall asleep mid-sentence. I have never been this tired in my entire life. She continues telling me that it’s not a good idea for me to keep working at this job, and I tried to explain that we needed the money, and I was in the process of moving up in a company that I enjoyed working for. At this point, she changed the GPS directions to a nearby psych ward and said “You will either quit your job right now, or I’ll drive you to the ward and have you placed inpatient for as long as possible.” I was in shock. My jaw dropped, and I questioned why she would even say something like that. “I’ll tell them that you’re trying to overdose on your medication (Seroquel), and they’ll end up seeing that you’re missing half of the pills that should be left.”

That was impossible, I thought. I’ve taken my medication as prescribed for the entire time that I’ve had it, and should have plenty of pills left over. I caved and told her I would quit my job just to avoid going through this any longer. When we arrived home and I checked my meds, I was missing seven pills that I absolutely KNOW I did not take. I’m currently waiting to go back to work on Monday, and she is acting like none of this happened, but is telling me that she’s “proud of me for making the right choice to stay at home and help her with the kids.”

I’m loving terrified. I know that this happened. I know what it felt like as I was nodding off in the car, afraid of being thrown in a psych ward for refusing to quit my job. I’m afraid that she will follow through on this threat if I don’t quit my job. If that happens, I’m afraid of what she will do to our children while I’m not there. I have an appointment with my therapist on Monday as well, and would like advice on how to bring this up in a way that doesn’t look bad for me.

Help.

TLDR; My fiancée threatened to put me in a psych ward unless I quit my job, and I think she drugged me with my medication.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

StrangersInTheNight posted:

It's a type of OCD. Intrusive thoughts, mostly mental, not the hand-washing/counts-to-three type
Oh, neat.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

?? Seems reasonable to me after someone just threw out $200 of your food and told you that you just didn't try hard enough not to be sick
I don't think rage blackouts are a thing, not that she wasn't mad.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

There is a decent chance that we've got an unreliable (mid psychotic break) narrator for this one.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I think my fiancée (25F) drugged me and threatened to throw me (25M) in a psych ward.

A week ago, my fiancée and our two children joined some friends on a vacation to a beach resort town for a short getaway. We enjoyed ourselves for about three days, and then it was time to go home. While one the drive home, my fiancée’s demeanor changed from vibrant and happy to confrontational about halfway through the journey. She had our baby boy about three months ago, and was still dealing with postpartum-depression, so I attempted to be as supportive as possible.

She told me about how she felt lonely in the city we lived in, and hated my job because I was gone for a good portion of the day. I felt guilty for how much time I was working, and offered to approach my HR department for a temporary decrease in hours to help out around the house. At this point in the conversation, I started to feel a bit fuzzy and a weird taste developed in my mouth. Every minute or so, I would start to nod off and fall asleep mid-sentence. I have never been this tired in my entire life. She continues telling me that it’s not a good idea for me to keep working at this job, and I tried to explain that we needed the money, and I was in the process of moving up in a company that I enjoyed working for. At this point, she changed the GPS directions to a nearby psych ward and said “You will either quit your job right now, or I’ll drive you to the ward and have you placed inpatient for as long as possible.” I was in shock. My jaw dropped, and I questioned why she would even say something like that. “I’ll tell them that you’re trying to overdose on your medication (Seroquel), and they’ll end up seeing that you’re missing half of the pills that should be left.”

That was impossible, I thought. I’ve taken my medication as prescribed for the entire time that I’ve had it, and should have plenty of pills left over. I caved and told her I would quit my job just to avoid going through this any longer. When we arrived home and I checked my meds, I was missing seven pills that I absolutely KNOW I did not take. I’m currently waiting to go back to work on Monday, and she is acting like none of this happened, but is telling me that she’s “proud of me for making the right choice to stay at home and help her with the kids.”

I’m loving terrified. I know that this happened. I know what it felt like as I was nodding off in the car, afraid of being thrown in a psych ward for refusing to quit my job. I’m afraid that she will follow through on this threat if I don’t quit my job. If that happens, I’m afraid of what she will do to our children while I’m not there. I have an appointment with my therapist on Monday as well, and would like advice on how to bring this up in a way that doesn’t look bad for me.

Help.

TLDR; My fiancée threatened to put me in a psych ward unless I quit my job, and I think she drugged me with my medication.

Uhh, run.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Motronic posted:

There is a decent chance that we've got an unreliable (mid psychotic break) narrator for this one.

Nah, if he’s taking his meds odds are very good that he’s fine. Seroquel is used for a bunch of things that don’t feature psychosis, too (like depression).

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Admiral Ray posted:

Oh, neat.

I don't think rage blackouts are a thing, not that she wasn't mad.

You haven't been mad enough.

(I mean, she probably just means she was so mad that she can't actually remember the specifics of the moment. Have you ever been so mad that words just shot out of your mouth and you couldn't recall them if someone asked? I have!)

Motronic posted:

Medication is to stop things like that. Also it can be used for bipolar disorder.

By the way, nodding off is one of the first signs of that medication kicking in. He's been drugged with his own drat pills.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 19, 2019

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Seroquel is also handed out like candy in prisons to keep inmates docile

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also he says she has postpartum depression, but she could have postpartum PSYCHOSIS. It's rare, but it's a thing.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CheesyDog posted:

This guy should get together with the guy who injected himself with his own semen to cure his back pain, together they'll be invincible!!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not telling my roommate what happened to his cat?

Ok, Im really conflicted here. Around in, August one of my roommates and his girlfriend (who doesn't live with us all) got a cat, and they decided to leave it here without telling anyone else in the house. I don't care, I love cats so it wasn't a problem.

The problem is he never takes care of his cat beyond feeding it and cleaning its litter box. I will give that to him he never starves him. But he never plays with him either, and he always has all this energy and there's only 2 or 3 cat toys in the house, and I bought one of them! Most of the time he isn't even at the house, he's at his girlfriends house, where he'll be for days at a time leaving his friend who lives here to take care of his cat. When he is here he's playing video games or watching TV, and when the cat is asking for attention he usually just yells at him.

The worst was New Years. I was the only one at the house during the few days around New Years, and one day I got back from work and realized he had left his cat locked in his room while he was at his parents house. EDIT This is the worst because he's done this before at Thanksgiving, but that time was only 2 days as opposed to the 4 days at New Years

Whenever anyone comes over the cat always runs to them begging for attention, which he usually ends up getting from my friends or one of my roommates gfs who likes the cat.

Anyway, this one girl I know is a huge animal rescue/rights person. She hates the way he treats his cat and told me multiple times she's gonna take him. I don't know 100% because I haven't asked her, but I'm about 95% sure she took his cat. The other 5% is he might have negligently killed it and is lying about it. When he asked me if I knew I said I had no idea and helped him look for his cat.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My dad took seroquel for insomnia, and a few times he'd wake up and take it again. Just a double dose would have him completely out of it once he woke up for the rest of the day. Like, not just sleepy, almost like dementia. There's no way he'd be able to convince a psych ward he hadn't overdosed on purpose in that state.
Also, bipolar people can have psychotic episodes too. I often have some level of psychosis when I'm manic. Not saying I think this guy is having an episode, just a general fyi.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

The girl who took the $400 is cool. She will join the growing cast of memorable posts, like the ice cold dude or the guy who's wife wanted to become a cat.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Reversal of fortune that crazy bitch, call the police with your psychiatrist and have her placed in inpatient care for PP because she literally loving poisoned you knowing you'd be driving in a car with her and the baby, Jesus loving Christ.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
She was driving, not him, but that only makes her not suicidal, not not insane. I really thought a mod told us to knock it off with the abuse posts though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Motronic posted:

If she changed GPS locations to a psych ward that would be in the location history and dude might be able to check to confirm that she changed the path like he's remembering. I know you can opt out of it with google maps but if it's a hardware GPS it should be right there under "recent locations."