Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Catching up with the All Japan show from last night and Shotaro Ashino is so cool, throwing Onitsuka over the top rope with a gutwrech looked awesome. It's a shame that GoA are jobbers now, all four guys could absolutely be upper card stalwarts

e: Dan Tamura getting pinned with a dropkick, what the gently caress?

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
DG Network Spring schedules:

April 1 - KBS Hall
April 4 - Shinjuku FACE - Buyuden Zero
April 5 - Korakuen Hall
April 8 - Kobe Sambo Hall
April 9 - Kobe Sambo Hall
April 16 - Acros Fukuoka (Matinee)
April 16 - Acros Fukuoka (Evening)

May 3 - KBS Hall
May 4 - KBS Hall
May 5 - Aichi Prefectural Gym - DEAD or ALIVE 2023
May 11 - Korakuen Hall
May 14 - Kobe Sambo Hall
May 19 - Sapporo ii-One Stadium
May 20 - Sapporo ii-One Stadium
May 21 - Sapporo ii-One Stadium
May 28 - Edion Arena Osaka #2

Plus free Youtube matches for dates in between. After a relatively light March and a front-loaded April, that's a lot of Network dates for May. Well worth a sub, especially since DoA is always a good time.

May's tour is labeled Hopeful Gate, which means we're probably not getting King of Gate before Kobe World this year, so we might see the setup for a DoA cage match over the next month and then KoG later in the year. Or maybe they're alternating years now.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lindaman squaring up to Shuji Ishikawa is very goddamn funny

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lindaman tossing around the Big Dog Shuji Ishikawa ruled so much.

But in bad news, I failed with my weekly schedule, Michinoku Pro ran a show on Saturday that I just assumed was one of their dojo events but nope, the SamuraiTV crew are actually filming a MPW show from Iwate Prefecture rather than Tokyo! Anyway, it'll air on the 30th March and the main event is a rematch of my 2022 match of the year, Fujita Hayato vs MUSASHI for the Tohoku Junior Title. And from what I saw people saying on Twitter yesterday the match is even better than their last one. So that's loving exciting

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:aaa:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

if this is referring to what I think it is, then I honestly think they should just send the poor fucker to the Fed

God knows, he'd be booked better there

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Send him to Impact, he'd get better showcases

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Venomous posted:

if this is referring to what I think it is, then I honestly think they should just send the poor fucker to the Fed

Oh no it's in reference to us getting another Fujita vs MUSASHI match, the last one was viscerally brutal.

The thing I think you're referring to is very goddamn funny

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Venomous posted:

Stealing from Barry Bluejeans to say we should all refer to WWE from now on as the Stamford Prison Experiment.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Venomous posted:

Send him to All Japan in exchange for Suwama. Suwama has hit that sweet spot in age now where he can get a big push in NOAH

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

If only there was another Cyber Agent promotion with a track record of pushing talented wrestlers in their mid twenties like absolute superstars.

That's right, go to Ganbare.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Lamuella posted:

If only there was another Cyber Agent promotion with a track record of pushing talented wrestlers in their mid twenties like absolute superstars.

That's right, go to Ganbare.

I mean none of the DDT kids have drawn a fly while Kaito has: which clearly shows that NOAH are actually the ones doing things the right way

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Send him to Impact, he'd get better showcases

Give him the Okato gimmick while you're at it. Okaito

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Venomous posted:

Give him the Okato gimmick while you're at it. Okaito

This but it's NOAH insisting on the gimmick cause they think it worked for Okada

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
DG 3/19 house show @ Aichi, pretty fun hour+ of free content.
1) Tag: Punch/Ho Ho vs Mocchy/Junior
2) Tag: Doi/Dragon Kid vs Kzy/Jason Lee
3) Trios: D'Courage vs Shun/KAI/HYO

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Getting Minoura vs. Kikuta at Korakuen for the Dream Gate shot at DoA.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Another great thing about Tadasuke joing GLG

https://twitter.com/miIkystar/status/1637518665854722050

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's amazing :lol:

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Dimebags Brain posted:

Getting Minoura vs. Kikuta at Korakuen for the Dream Gate shot at DoA.
It's got to be Kikuta/Shun so they can bookend the shoulder injury match from DoA 2021 and have a proper one this time. I suspect they might actually put the belt on him too, at least until Kobe World.

Kota Minoura needs some character rehab if they're ever going to push him to that level again. Like he's still really good, but he's just sort of there right now. After Gold Class turned from the "handsome unit" into the "handsome weirdo unit", Minoura's only representing the former incarnation now. Make Kota weird.

[edit]Buyuden Zero full card is out:
① Tag: YAMATO & Punch Tominaga (DG) vs. Hikaru Sato (Pancrase Mission) & Ryo Kawamura (Pancraseism Yokohama)
② Singles: Konomama Ichikawa (DG) vs. Kuishinbo Kamen (Freelance)
③ Tag: Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda (DG) vs. Jun Kasai & Takashi Sasaki (Freedoms)
④ Tag: Don Fujii & Madoka Kikuta vs. Masato Tanaka & Takuya Sugawara (ZERO1)
⑤ Trios: Masaaki Mochizuki & Mochizuki Junior & LEONA vs. Strong Machine J & Fujita "Jr" Hayato & Taro Nohashi
⑥ Open the Twin Gate Championship: [Natural Vibes] Kzy & Big Boss Shimizuİ vs. [Kongo] Shuji Kondo & Kenoh (NOAH)

Bonk fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Mar 20, 2023

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Bonk posted:

It's got to be Kikuta/Shun so they can bookend the shoulder injury match from DoA 2021 and have a proper one this time. I suspect they might actually put the belt on him too, at least until Kobe World.

Yeah that would rule, also consider that their alignments have reversed since that match

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

NOAH confirming who is coming to Ota tomorrow to face All Japan in All Japan!

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1637418908419489792?t=q8s_dBteB6PH5FdKFJ_JTA&s=19

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Bonk posted:

Kota Minoura needs some character rehab if they're ever going to push him to that level again. Like he's still really good, but he's just sort of there right now. After Gold Class turned from the "handsome unit" into the "handsome weirdo unit", Minoura's only representing the former incarnation now. Make Kota weird.

They could really lean into the airheaded himbo thing they were doing with him at the very beginning of Gold Class.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

X in the Champion Carnival A Block? It's Satoshi Kojima!

Kind of seemed obvious after they revealed he was tagging with Tenzan but hell yeah none the less

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

X in the Champion Carnival A Block? It's Satoshi Kojima!

Kind of seemed obvious after they revealed he was tagging with Tenzan but hell yeah none the less

Oh nice, I didn't think those were getting announced until the show tonight. Giving Koji more singles matches can't be a bad thing

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Free DG Network match for tonight's Kobe show (starts in a few minutes) is Kung Fu Masters vs Eita/Dragon Kid/Genki Horiguchi, which should be fun. Full card:

1) Jacky/Jason/Ho Ho vs. Eita/DKid/Genki
2) Punch vs. Minorita
3) Fujii/Nagano vs. Shimizu/Daiki
4) Ichikawa/Shachihoko/Kagetora/Yoshida vs. M3K (all)
5) YAMATO/Kondo vs. Kzy/SMJ
6) 3-Way Trios: D'courage (all) vs. Minoura/BxB/Ben-K vs. Shun/KAI/HYO

[edit]Looks like they're finally pulling the trigger on Mocchy vs Junior soon. Even Kanda told them to fight it out.

Bonk fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 21, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Oh nice, I didn't think those were getting announced until the show tonight. Giving Koji more singles matches can't be a bad thing

The 2nd match on the show featured "Carnival A Block X". Still no confirmation on B Block X

Dan beating Atsuki in a singles match seems a significant moment

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
is Kojima still signed with New Japan, I haven't seen him there in forever

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Lily Catts posted:

is Kojima still signed with New Japan, I haven't seen him there in forever

Yeah he's been on a few undercard matches during the new japan cup. At least one anyway because he wrestled aussie open

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

OH MY GOD ALL JAPAN WILL YOU STOP BOOKIMG ASHINO LIKE HE'S A loving JOBBER?

He just got put in a bodybag post-match, like he's just been squashed by 1992 Undertaker

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1638102627799142402?t=izYoKgbNBLSMhOnUob3KlA&s=19

Lest you think I'm kidding or exaggerating

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ryo Inoue repping Kawada coloured gear against the team repping Misawa's promotion. Seems right

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NOAH's going to reenact this with Kiyomiya

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Chris James 2 posted:

NOAH's going to reenact this with Kiyomiya

Except Ashino is cool and good, Kaito is neither of those things

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1638157615632113664

Oh holy poo poo this rules

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Eita's going freelance.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

blast0rama posted:

Eita's going freelance.

To the surprise of no one who paid attention or listened to our reporting.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1638101420242075650

I love u Chris Brookes

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

blast0rama posted:

Eita's going freelance.

Is this "exclusive freelance" like Doi and Kondo, where they're billed as DG guys no matter where they go, or fully independent? Neither would particularly surprise me.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Bonk posted:

Is this "exclusive freelance" like Doi and Kondo, where they're billed as DG guys no matter where they go, or fully independent? Neither would particularly surprise me.

I believe when Doi's deal was announced it was stated as that, but the wording on Eita's is just plain freelancer...

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1637866014560903175
This photo is extra sad to me lol, it highlights how he really doesn't have any friends, his co-champion even chose to make up with STINGER and slap him in the face instead. Also when he does DG multimans with the unaffiliated guys I've noticed that no one hangs out with him after the matches, lol

Eita go do BOSJ please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Time for Eita to go on that long vacation to Arena Naucalpan he's clearly wanted for a while, despite IWRG being pretty unimpressive these days