Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?

TheHock posted:

Last time I talked to somebody, which was a few months ago, she was just finishing her rehab and was expected to get cleared in March. I imagine they won't bother having her debut until they can get their developmental poo poo taken care of.

As for why SHIMMER doesn't sell better, I think the stigma of women's wrestling is really difficult to overcome, even among Indy fans who are willing to put up with more crap.

I'm as guilty of that as anybody. I spent a fairly good portion of my semi-famous Internet Wrestling Columnist career making fun of women's wrestling for existing.

Thats a shame. Because, you watch a SHIMMER DVD, and top to bottom, it stacks up with there with a show from any indy out there (ROH, CHIKARA, PWG, etc). Its like an all star game of wrestling. And the live experience is even better because its a much nicer crowd than a typical wrestling show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011
Anyone who thinks Ayako Hamada can't outwrestle 99% percent of the wrestlecocks* on TV can get hosed.

DirtyDirtySheets fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 26, 2012

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?
I really wonder what Beth & Nattie would be like on a SHIMMER show. So many good matchups could be had. I think I gotta rewatch Vol 1 and 2 now.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

Anyone who thinks Ayako Hamada can't outwrestle 99% percent of the cunts on TV can get hosed.

Every time I read a post like this it's like opening a gift.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

Anyone who thinks Ayako Hamada can't outwrestle 99% percent of the cunts on TV can get hosed.

I love when you're hanging out with a group of new people and there's a guy who's kinda new to the group dynamic but is starting to get a little comfortable so after everyone's had a couple drinks and they're settling the tab and discussing the tip he laughs a little too loud and says something like, "haha don't be such a bunch of jews guys," and now everyone knows.

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011

Triple-Kan posted:

I love when you're hanging out with a group of new people and there's a guy who's kinda new to the group dynamic but is starting to get a little comfortable so after everyone's had a couple drinks and they're settling the tab and discussing the tip he laughs a little too loud and says something like, "haha don't be such a bunch of jews guys," and now everyone knows.

Sounds like you hang out with strange, racist people a lot.

But that's beside the fact that she, and Sara, and Mercedes, and Kana, and Nanae, and Melissa, and Eagles, and several others are some of the best wrestlers in the world and not recognizing that at this point, just because they are women, makes you a bit of an rear end in a top hat. Glad Berwyn is sorting that out.

DirtyDirtySheets fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 26, 2012

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

But that's beside the fact that she, and Sara, and Mercedes, and Kana, and Nanae, and Melissa, and Eagles, and several others are some of the best wrestlers in the world and not recognizing that at this point, just because they are women, makes you a bit of an rear end in a top hat. Glad Berwyn is sorting that out.

I could be wrong, but I think the issue is less whether or not these particular ladies can't wrestle (they can, of course), and more that the world "cunts" was used in a post meant to praise women's wrestling. :v:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

Yeah he's totally the rear end in a top hat here, that's exactly what he was saying.

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011

Grandpa Pap posted:

I could be wrong, but I think the issue is less whether or not these particular ladies can't wrestle (they can, of course), and more that the world "cunts" was used in a post meant to praise women's wrestling. :v:

There is currently a women's wrestling tag team called C.U.N.T. Someone posted their introduction video here, multiple times in fact.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

There is currently a women's wrestling tag team called C.U.N.T. Someone posted their introduction video here, multiple times in fact.
That doesn't give you permission to use the word, or start calling women that, in general.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Why can't I use the N-Word? If you think about it black people are the real racists.

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

That doesn't give you permission to use the word, or start calling women that, in general.

In the first post, that you made. You made a point to post this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvitl5NIevc

Why did you think this video was so important that it needed to be posted multiple times? Especially if you have a problem with said word, and there were multiple videos from WSU that day that weren't entirely about the C.U.N.T. word.

I wasn't calling call any woman that either. Nice try though.

DirtyDirtySheets fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 26, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

In the first post, that you made. You made a point to post this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvitl5NIevc

But I don't see anything wrong with that video. :confused:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
This thread needs a tuba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E_7q4hzWFc

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011

Outstanding.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

quote:

the cunts on TV

:allears:

I always feel bad for the women's wrestling fans on this forum for having to be associated with the worst poster.

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011

Lloyd Boner posted:

:allears:

I always feel bad for the women's wrestling fans on this forum for having to be associated with the worst poster.

Those people on TV obvious being the male wrestlers. It doesn't say a lot to say Ayako Hamada is better than Rosa Mendes.

And don't you mean wrestlelady fans? Because using the word "oval office" in any context is unacceptable, but coming up with a stupid, unnecessary, diminutive term for all female wrestlers and insisting on using it constantly for no real reason is absolutely awesome.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Please, keep going.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

Those people on TV obvious being the male wrestlers. It doesn't say a lot to say Ayako Hamada is better than Rosa Mendes.

And don't you mean wrestlelady fans? Because using the word "oval office" in any context is unacceptable, but coming up with a stupid, unnecessary, diminutive term for all female wrestlers and insisting on using it constantly for no real reason is absolutely awesome.

Saying wrestle lady is just as bad as oval office. Your moral equivalency argument is the stalwart of an intellectually stultified populace.

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011

Frot Lesnar posted:

Saying wrestle lady is just as bad as oval office. Your moral equivalency argument is the stalwart of an intellectually stultified populace.

I wasn't arguing for equivalency, I'm saying it's far worse to go out of your way to use at once bizarre and antiquated term to isolate female wrestlers than it is to use a pretty generic swear. That's only in order to point out the absurd hypocrisy required to get offended on behalf of the "ladies" people deliberately marginalize with every post. It's like people who think racism is only the "N" word and, therefore, criticize rap music but are incapable of acknowledging actual racist ideas perpetuated without slurs.

DirtyDirtySheets fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 26, 2012

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

I wasn't arguing for equivalency, I'm saying it's far worse to go out of your way to use at once bizarre and antiquated term to isolate female wrestlers than it is to use a pretty generic swear. That's only in order to point out the absurd hypocrisy required to get offended on behalf of the "ladies" people deliberately marginalize with every post. It's like people who think racism is only the "N" word and, therefore, criticize rap music but are incapable of acknowledging actual racist ideas perpetuated without slurs.

Setting up strawmen and knocking them down.

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011
You're right. I apologize for using the c-word on a classy board like SA and apologize to anyone offended by such language.

Let's get back talking wrestleladies. Greatest of the last generation: Trish or Lita?

DirtyDirtySheets fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 26, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yo, I'm lookin' for the the latest news on headlock dames, anyone got some scoops?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bruiser Broads

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Chokehold Chicks

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Sidewalk Slags

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Legdrop Lasses

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Flippy Femmes.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Facelock Frails.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lucha Lizzies.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Death Valley Driver Dolls.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Brainbuster Babes

Grandpa Pap posted:

Dreamer Driver Dolls.

Gotta be more creative if you want to keep with the theme scrub. :colbert:

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008
Headlock Harridans

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

Wait how does that make me an rear end in a top hat? I have nothing to do with the success of various independent women's wrestlers.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Catch-as-Catch-can-cooze

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The GIG posted:

Brainbuster Babes

Gotta be more creative if you want to keep with the theme scrub. :colbert:

Excuse me, but my bit was also a (very) subtle riff on the book/film "Valley of the Dolls, in that it used "valley" and "dolls". Hardly the work of a scrub, methinks :smugbert:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Perry Normal posted:

Catch-as-Catch-can-cooze

Cooze? Oh come on, the word oval office was right there for you to use!

:eng99:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lone Rogue posted:

Cooze? Oh come on, the word oval office was right there for you to use!

:eng99:

Uh I think you'll find that the word oval office refers to men you idiot.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Welp....now about them Grapple Gashes?

Ravingsockmonkey
Jan 24, 2007

Kharma police, arrest this girl
She stares at me as if she owns the world
And we have crashed her party
Damnit, it's Lucha Labia. Get it right! :argh:

Content: Is Lufisto still wrestling? The last I heard (and mind you, this was a few years back) was that she had a pretty nasty neck<?> injury and was going to retire as to not further mess herself up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Ravingsockmonkey posted:

Damnit, it's Lucha Labia. Get it right! :argh:

Content: Is Lufisto still wrestling? The last I heard (and mind you, this was a few years back) was that she had a pretty nasty neck<?> injury and was going to retire as to not further mess herself up.

Yup. She's back. She was at the SHIMMER tapings in March and she will be at the WSU iPPV on June 16 in NY. Her opponent has yet to be announced but its most likely either going to be Cherry Bomb or Leva Bates I think.

• Locked thread