Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
So where does everyone see the title going? Awarded to 1 person? Split and awarded to 2 people? Given to the winner of a battle royal, mini-tournament, elimination match?

I feel like there wouldn't be this big holding pattern that exists right now if they could do something with the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Maybe next week she'll declare that she can't cut the mustard and dump a bottle of it over her head.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I think they're keeping the title on Bryan, and a lot of that is due to no better alternative plus it would cheapen Mania. Plus, if he's coming back "sooner than you think" it would be dumb to strip him.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rusty Shackelford posted:

So where does everyone see the title going? Awarded to 1 person? Split and awarded to 2 people? Given to the winner of a battle royal, mini-tournament, elimination match?

I feel like there wouldn't be this big holding pattern that exists right now if they could do something with the title.

Depends on how Bryan is next week, if he could potentially work after Payback, they wont strip him. Or I wouldn't at least.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

I don't think WWE knows what they're doing, so predicting something at this point is impossible.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

MassRafTer posted:

It feels weird to me to think a Raw even aired tonight. I watched most of the show and it made no impression on me.

This is basically every UK Raw. There's one wacky thing everyone remembers (Alica Fox dumping coke on herself; smoking R-Truth) and the rest of it is a bore.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I am disappointed the Cm Punk chants were edited out of the Stephanie segment :( They were very loud

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Aurain posted:

As a fellow English person, I can honestly say I've never met a Bulgarian I've liked. Probably because I've never met a Bulgarian...

Most of us love Uncle Bulgaria though, so I'd say the national predisposition to Bulgaria is positive.

e: typo

Should we start attacking Bulgarians now in the name of meta kayfabe?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

We wouldn't be in a holding pattern - we'd be getting all excited for the amazing match of Daniel Bryan vs Kane again. WWE obviously had no ideas or plans of what they were going to do after Wrestlemania and everyone is just twisting in the wind until they figure it out. They have almost no heels who are actually over and can get heat and don't seem to be doing much of a job of building any up for when Daniel Bryan returns.

It's almost amazing how many people they have on their roster and almost NONE of them are over past jobber level thanks to years and years of parity booking, start and stop pushes, and telling their audience that the wrestling portion of their wrestling show is worthless and shouldn't be paid attention to. They have no one to blame for their situation but themselves and now they're starting to pay the price.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I am disappointed the Cm Punk chants were edited out of the Stephanie segment :( They were very loud

I'm not. Watching that Barrett dark segment posted earlier made it click for the first time since I started watching again just how loving stupid that chant is.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I would think that if Bryan's neck was worse than was originally thought, they would've vacated the title last night so they could build to what would be done with the belt at Payback. As it is now, I get the feeling that, for better or worse, he's wrestling Kane in Chicago.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

sportsgenius86 posted:

I would think that if Bryan's neck was worse than was originally thought, they would've vacated the title last night so they could build to what would be done with the belt at Payback. As it is now, I get the feeling that, for better or worse, he's wrestling Kane in Chicago.

Seems like it'd make for better TV to take it from him on a show he was on, and stretching it out another week might keep people tuning in. I don't think we can really draw any conclusions yet

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

Seems like it'd make for better TV to take it from him on a show he was on, and stretching it out another week might keep people tuning in. I don't think we can really draw any conclusions yet

I mean, this is WWE, so they don't even know until 7:55 ET next Monday or whatever, but to me, it seems like if you were going to have to vacate the title for real, you'd want him not around so that he comes back when he's ready like a loving tazmanian devil wanting his belt back.

Given how everything else has been booked since Mania, they'll probably take it from him in person and have him waltz back to the back like a bitch.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I Bolieve only one man is capable of holding the belt until Bryan gets better. :colbert:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I just want to see Bo have his Honkytonk Man reign with the title, keeping it through nonstop Authority interference and growing more and more convinced that he's unstoppable. I don't ask much.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
The last time the champion was injured and the recent champion was teaming up with an old rival, we got a new champion in Bret Hart. I wonder if Cesaro could be the 2014 version.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Payback looks so lackluster on paper. Having a entire PPV revolve around a tournament to crown a new WWE WHC would be nice.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Astro7x posted:

Payback looks so lackluster on paper. Having a entire PPV revolve around a tournament to crown a new WWE WHC would be nice.

Reminder that Payback is next week.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Reminder that Payback is next week.

Holy poo poo. Almost December to Dismember and Great American Bash 2005 levels of non-build.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What's Hogan supposed to be plugging on Smackdown? Is it another Network push?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

flashy_mcflash posted:

What's Hogan supposed to be plugging on Smackdown? Is it another Network push?

Bo Dallas brother!

It's probably more for the UK fans to see Hogan and give a push for Smackdown tickets sales.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tato posted:

Holy poo poo. Almost December to Dismember and Great American Bash 2005 levels of non-build.

This is admittedly a really poor build, but no.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

So at wwe in sheffield and we had a twitter vote forr either a match/dance off between santino/emma and fandango/layla its going to be a good night.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Debuting Bo on Smackdown is a weird move. I can't imagine anyone tuning in who wouldn't already watch Smackdown, and there's nothing that says "this doesn't matter" like doing an angle anywhere but on Raw

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

triplexpac posted:

Debuting Bo on Smackdown is a weird move. I can't imagine anyone tuning in who wouldn't already watch Smackdown, and there's nothing that says "this doesn't matter" like doing an angle anywhere but on Raw

This is true, but bear in mind: The Shield's face turn happened on Smackdown. Then they did it on Raw again. I imagine WWE just wants more control over the audience reaction, an if Bo presses we'll get a redebut on Raw.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I think they're trying to line up the continuity with NXT since Bo has a Loser Leaves Town match this Thursday. It's still kind of dumb though, because they've been airing promos for so long and I don't think anyone really gives a poo poo about NXT continuity.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Having a dry run to debut Bo is pretty important. The character is suuuuper high concept and trying to get the audience to give him the reaction creative envisions is gonna be a little tough. He really depends on everyone hating him and laughing at him in just the right way.

With other recent NXT debuts, the method has been to drop someone into the mix and then keep turing the volume up on their character until they do or don't get a reaction from the crowd (mostly, not).

Not to mention that Bo is the brother of the hottest new commodity in the company (Bray) and the son of one of their road agents (IRS) and is more or less "owed" a good attempt at a debut.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm not. Watching that Barrett dark segment posted earlier made it click for the first time since I started watching again just how loving stupid that chant is.

Until he publicly acknowledges that he's actually gone, they will never stop.

Or they could be like what chants where they stay regardless

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001

Oh Snapple! posted:

that Barrett dark segment
Is this available anywhere still?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

keevo posted:

I assume something happened, it was just edited out. I still don't get Alicia Fox's thing though. Why did she poor the coke all over herself?

You know how some sports teams celebrate victories, especially underdog victories, by pouring Gatorade onto somebody? That happened but with a cup of coke.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Adam Rose got a huge reaction from the London crowd but they were all super smarky.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
You pretty much can't take any reaction this week to mean anything. They only come to the UK twice a year so the crowds are always going to be super rowdy and smarky.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

Adam Rose got a huge reaction from the London crowd but they were all super smarky.

That or they just like chanting his easy to chant theme because they're having a good time with each other and it means nothing at all. It's not smarky and it's not Rose being over.

See also: Fandango.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Did Bray Wyatt Sister Abigail Cena out of his loving shoes? :stare:

Also I'm convinced after that match that Luke Harper has the soul of a 5'5 Japanese man stuck in his 6'5 swamp man body.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sigma posted:

Not to mention that Bo is the brother of the hottest new commodity in the company (Bray) and the son of one of their road agents (IRS) and is more or less "owed" a good attempt at a debut.

So he should be given a shot because nepotism, not talent and skill. Uh, ok.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Not "should" but "will".

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Sigma posted:

Having a dry run to debut Bo is pretty important. The character is suuuuper high concept and trying to get the audience to give him the reaction creative envisions is gonna be a little tough. He really depends on everyone hating him and laughing at him in just the right way.

With other recent NXT debuts, the method has been to drop someone into the mix and then keep turing the volume up on their character until they do or don't get a reaction from the crowd (mostly, not).

Bo's character could be executed so loving perfect if they just handed him Bryan's Vacated Title. And let him run with it, until Bryan is completely healed.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

We're still talking about professional wrestling, right?

Yes.

If Ziggler didn't get a concussion last year, we probably would have been talking about IC champ Briley Pierce at some point.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

bradzilla posted:

Professional wrestling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Having missed RAW, was it worth watching on catch up or just best to skip it?

Or could someone tell me the bits worth catching?

• Locked thread