Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

bewbies posted:

alexei lalas sitting up there next to two all time great players, get the gently caress off my TV your assturd

don't worry, fox won't hire him (i hope)

now they're breaking down the security in brazil today, hoo boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Snowy posted:

Where? Loreley is great for German games but I think I'd need to get there soon to have a chance of getting in.

No idea where, probably a random bar on sixth Ave in the twenties

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

So, scores and first goalscorer. One guess each. If anyone gets it then my wife will knit them a mini TRP scarf. No idea how mini but low end something a barbie doll would wear if it understood the offside rule, high end a full sized footy scarf if she's feeling generous. No promises where in between it'll fall. Colour to be decided by what she has spare, to be posted no later than October. The design is up to her but will involve either "TRP" or "The Ray Parlour" on it.

If no one gets it or the winner doesn't trust a dirty gooner with their address then The Finn gets the scarf as a leaving present. Unless he doesn't trust me either.

No goal, [team] to win on penalties is a bad guess but an eligible guess. Just "no scorer 0-0" isn't. A score draw is fine without saying who will win.

no editing your post after making a guess or it is disqualified. Badly spelt names will be mocked but allowed.

2 - 1 Germany, Müller (really Klose, but someone already said that)

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
E: ^^^ look at this ninja fucker

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 13, 2014

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
wow what a lovely op, exactly what i expected

i hope germany roll over argentina like it's 1939 all over again

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

So, scores and first goalscorer. One guess each. If anyone gets it then my wife will knit them a mini TRP scarf. No idea how mini but low end something a barbie doll would wear if it understood the offside rule, high end a full sized footy scarf if she's feeling generous. No promises where in between it'll fall. Colour to be decided by what she has spare, to be posted no later than October. The design is up to her but will involve either "TRP" or "The Ray Parlour" on it.

If no one gets it or the winner doesn't trust a dirty gooner with their address then The Finn gets the scarf as a leaving present. Unless he doesn't trust me either.

No goal, [team] to win on penalties is a bad guess but an eligible guess. Just "no scorer 0-0" isn't. A score draw is fine without saying who will win.

no editing your post after making a guess or it is disqualified. Badly spelt names will be mocked but allowed.
Argentina 2-1, Ozil first goalscorer.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Chris de Sperg posted:

Argentina 2-1, Ozil first goalscorer.

are we doing fantasy football now

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

1-0 Schürlle

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I'm glad there is an official Memorial MDT for this World Cup final. I'm going phwoar just at the thought of this game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

ManlyWeevil posted:

2 - 1 Germany, Müller (really Klose, but someone already said that)

Actually someone said Kroos.

However 2-1 Germany with Klose first is my guess so I'm taking it before you can realize your error :P

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

im so friggin hype

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Hegay posted:

im so friggin hype

Same.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
7-1 Germany, Khedira to score

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Vodos posted:

Germany was the "Federal Republic of Germany" before the reunification and is the "Federal Republic of Germany" now. Just because it was informally called West Germany doesn't make it a different country. They simply added a bunch of states. The flag didn't change, the coat of arms didn't change, the anthem didn't change etc.

Don't bother. That has been his (and a few others) stick for a few days now.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The German national team has never lost a game in which Klose has scored.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

sassassin posted:

7-1 Germany, Khedira to score

All 7-1 guesses suspended. This man gets them all whoever scores. Brazil 2014 rules.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
1-0, Müller

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

Germany 2-0 Muller

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

3 - 1 Germany, Müller first scorer, also Höwedes will score a header from a corner

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

im hyping all over the place i just cant wait for this match to start, drat

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

If Muller scores a goal he'll win the Golden Boot again, won't he?

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

2-0 Germany, Neuer

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

HERwe we go, its the end ceremony. lets enjoy this

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.

chaoslord posted:

Actually someone said Kroos.

However 2-1 Germany with Klose first is my guess so I'm taking it before you can realize your error :P

Damnit. All these Krauts sound the same.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

everybody shut up, this is dedicated to the baldest of posters... our big man Baldo di Gregorio

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
strong feels

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
3-1, Germany (Mueller)

A small part of me wants Argentina to win to make this worse for Brazil, but this is Argentina and I cannot root for such douches.

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.
I get the distinct feeling that the belge is going to end up posting his balls

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

3-1 Germany, Muller first goalscorer

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

TimberJoe posted:

strong feels

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
wow the meaning of this performance is so intense

the money spent here wouldnt have been better used feeding poor children

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
5-1 germans, own goal

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

4-1

muller, kroos, muller, hummels

messi

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

Germany 2-0, Klose

ma i married a tuna
Apr 24, 2005

Numbers add up to nothing
Pillbug
I can't decide who to support. Germany is cool and cleary The Best Team, but on the other hand this is football and Argentina winning a world cup in Brazil would be amazing.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Goodbye Finn, you were a cool dude and a worthy adversary. The thrill of the steel of our katanas clashing will stay with me forever.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

This is it then. This is the final day of this, the loving greatest World Cup ever

:getin:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

poty posted:

wow the meaning of this performance is so intense

the money spent here wouldnt have been better used feeding poor children

*all the TV/IV posters come crashing in to explain the symbolic and at the end, we all stand up and applaud them on a huge google hangout*

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

0-0, Germany wins on penalties. This game is probably going to be cagey as hell imo. If I'm wrong I will be pleasantly surprised and happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
can i change my guess?! every fucker is taking 3-1

• Locked thread