Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Holy poo poo, that neck crank in the last fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I just realised how strange this matchmaking is. Hacran Dias coming off two losses fighting a top 15 guy coming off a win. Dias's two losses to other ranked guys? Are they trying to get Dias cut?

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Brazilian wrestling reigns supreme

Mogador
Nov 4, 2007

I love how Elkins never gasses even though he said he was gassing.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
That was a cool choke attempt at the end. Add it to Elkins' tally.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I hope that WWE fans curious about UFC since Punk's announcement are checking tonight out because thusfar this has been a really fun fight night :)

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Moicano is pretty good for a late replacement

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That was pretty cool.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

That guy looked really sharp

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
drat. Before UFC Niinimäki was last submitted 2005 by Hatsu Hioki and was actually known as a ground spesialist. Now he has been submitted 3 times in a row.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
wasn't he subbed by a sick bulldog choke by that gangly swede?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That was an early stoppage. His head didn't hit the mat, he was still defending himself. He wasn't even given enough time to grab a limb.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Well that was violent.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

CommonShore posted:

That was an early stoppage. His head didn't hit the mat, he was still defending himself. He wasn't even given enough time to grab a limb.

On the other hand, gently caress Igor

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

CommonShore posted:

His head hit the mat when he ate a big punch after he fell. The ref stopped it once he saw that. I also think it was early, not not so bad that I would protest it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bluedeanie posted:

On the other hand, gently caress Igor

Good point

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It's pretty clear that Pokrajac' chin has gone and now he's completely worthless.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
brazil fight nights are so impossible to give a poo poo about outside of the main and co-main, lol

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

TheRationalRedditor posted:

brazil fight nights are so impossible to give a poo poo about outside of the main and co-main, lol

yep

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Looked a little early to me but :iiam:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I'd always rather see an early stoppage than a late one, and while he was cogent enough to turtle up he was surely just going to eat more of the same until the amount of time passed that we wouldn't be having a discussion on if it was early.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Sometimes you wanna eat something, you have to say no to yourself

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Ah man that Machida promo reel was adorable

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Bluedeanie posted:

I'd always rather see an early stoppage than a late one, and while he was cogent enough to turtle up he was surely just going to eat more of the same until the amount of time passed that we wouldn't be having a discussion on if it was early.

I figure if you get knocked down by a punch, the fight is mostly over already. The fighter on the ground has to positively demonstrate to the ref that he's still in it. Not falling limply, and assuming a defensive position are good, and Igor did that. But then he ate a huge punch right on the chin immediately and... well yeah. A bit early, but better early than late.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

this is the smaller octagon, right?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

woozy pawsies posted:

this is the smaller octagon, right?

uh what

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
CB's striking looks soooo much worse than Lyoto's in this promo. CB is just winging hooks.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I just had a heart flutter when I saw Mike Rhodes. What is this? How could I be a fan of Mike Rhodes?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

lol at the Goldie preview

"Two middleweights enter the octagon with the same goal in mind: VICTORY"

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

they have 2 different octagons, one is smaller than the other.
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/09/when-it-comes-to-the-ufcs-octagon-for-fighters-size-matters

it makes being evasive harder and i figure it would be better for machida to fight in the larger one.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

There are two octagon sizes, the standard size and a WEC-sized one that they use in smaller venues. I hadn't heard anything about it one way or the other for this event but this venue looks pretty small, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Bluedeanie posted:

There are two octagon sizes, the standard size and a WEC-sized one that they use in smaller venues. I hadn't heard anything about it one way or the other for this event but this venue looks pretty small, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I knew they had a small one, but I didn't think it was used outside TUF related stuff.

e: that is a disadvantage for Machida, who so likes his movement. I was just thinking about this earlier actually, I'm really quite surprised to learn this.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
They should use the WEC one for everything. What advantage is there to the bigger one?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

They couldn't even try to cover up the zit for his posing under studio lights footage?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Hit dos Santos in his big disgusting zit.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Fat Twitter Man posted:

They should use the WEC one for everything. What advantage is there to the bigger one?

Small Octagon = Power +, Evasion -
Big Octagon = Power -, Evasion +

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
How do these Brazilians not all fail the drug test?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
A Brazilian coming out to Dropkick Murphy's is really weird to me.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

woozy pawsies posted:

Small Octagon = Power +, Evasion -
Big Octagon = Power -, Evasion +

Does it boost your power or tank your AC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogador
Nov 4, 2007

Sarafian will murder dos santos.

• Locked thread