Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
UFC FIGHT NIGHT SAT. DEC. 20, 2014 MACHIDA VS. DOLLAWAY

These guys are excited about it!

MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET)
C.B. Dollaway (186) vs. Lyoto Machida (185)
Renan Barao (136) vs. Mitch Gagnon (136)
Antonio Carlos Junior (205) vs. Patrick Cummins (206.8)
Rashid Magomedov (155) vs. Elias Silverio (155)
Mike Rhodes (171) vs. Erick Silva (171)
Antonio dos Santos Jr. (186) vs. Daniel Sarafian (186)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 7 p.m. ET)
Marcos Rogerio de Lima (205) vs. Igor Pokrajac (206)
Renato Carneiro (146) vs. Tom Niinimaki (146)
Hacran Dias (146) vs. Darren Elkins (145)
Leandro Issa (135) vs. Yuta Sasaki (136)

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6 p.m. ET)
Tim Means (171) vs. Marcio Alexandre Jr. (171)
Jake Collier (185) vs. Vitor Miranda (185)

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Yuriy posted:

i believe in clarence byron dolloway, also get your picks in goonweight

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
the hell is that one lady doing

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Bundt Cake posted:

Looks like a breathalyzer.

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

Hopefully Barao Gagnon will be a fun fight. I have zero expectations of Gagnon though.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Mitch Gagnon is fairly cool despite having committed the cardinal sin of losing to Bryan Caraway. But yeah unless Barao has regressed significantly since getting beat up by TJ, I don't think that fight will go well for him.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I think the shroud of invincibility of Barao has been compromised and he will be right back with the pack. Not because of regression but because of the belief others will have in themselves to beat him now that he has been beaten. I expect him to win but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a decent scrap that goes the 3.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Anything less than a R1 blowout would be bad for Barao.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
who is mitch gagnon and is he any good

p.s. machida 4-ever

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
If Machida doesn't crush CB Dolloway it will fundamentally shake my confidence that I am living in the real world and not a dream or the Matrix or some weird crap

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

If Machida doesn't crush CB Dolloway it will fundamentally shake my confidence that I am living in the real world and not a dream or the Matrix or some weird crap

Imagine Dragons (Losing To CB Dolloway)

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I just don't know how Machida would lose that fight unless his ability to stuff takedowns went to absolute poo poo in like 6 months. And that's nothing against The Doberman cause I think he's cool and a hard worker, but Machida is nice.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bubba Smith posted:

I just don't know how Machida would lose that fight unless his ability to stuff takedowns went to absolute poo poo in like 6 months. And that's nothing against The Doberman cause I think he's cool and a hard worker, but Machida is nice.

Jesus Christ dude Phil Davis. I'm not saying a repeat is certain, or likely, but it was not long ago.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
1) that fight was bullshit, 2) Phil Davis is much better wrestler than CB Dollaway, 3) Machida stuffed the poo poo out of Davis takedowns later in the fight in a 3 round match, this is a 5 rounder

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

fatherdog posted:

Imagine Dragons (Losing To CB Dolloway)

hahaha

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Bet all your money on CB.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I picked Machida in goonweight because my brain knows it's correct but in my secret heart I know we are hurdling toward the CBDE (CB Dollaway Era) and I have happily embraced the coming storm

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bundt Cake posted:

Maybe she has that ocarina app.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
the amount of violence that is going to take place this evening will be palpable

Good Card

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Marching Powder posted:

Jesus Christ dude Phil Davis. I'm not saying a repeat is certain, or likely, but it was not long ago.

Machida didn't lose that fight though :yum:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Foul Fowl posted:

Machida didn't lose that fight though :yum:

nobody won that lovely fight

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bundt Cake posted:

Probably Cowboy

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I am so hyped for the Barista vs Shoe Face

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Eat This Glob posted:

Probably Cowboy

Thats not Leonard Garcia :hellyeah:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
People bring up the Davis fight and like to ignore that Davis is much, much larger than CB Dollaway.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

If you're living in a world where cool guys getting beat by bland american wrestlers isn't the cornerstone of mma, i would like to visit

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Tezcatlipoca posted:

People bring up the Davis fight and like to ignore that Davis is much, much larger than CB Dollaway.

yeah Davis is like a couple inches taller and longer, like 20 lbs of muscle bigger than Dollaway, a better wrestler, and has a completely different fighting style to Dollaway and Machida also barely lost that fight and it sucked, so I would say probably the least likely outcome is that it looks anything like Machida/Davis in any respect. that doesnt mean Machida cant lose but still

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Machida is in trouble, this could be a repeat of the Davis fight-- Dollaway will use his huge size and reach advantage to keep machida away (??) and muscle him into a few takedowns (??) and throw a ton of kicks en route to a close 3 round decision (??)

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Makes sense to give the #14 Bantamweight a fight vs the #1 Bantamweight.

I mean, this just doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it? Are there no bantamweights who could have fought Renan Barao? Or is this just a big gently caress you from Dana White to Renan Barao for ruining his special night.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I guess it has to be, or maybe they figure barao got old enough that the weight cut will just murder him 100% from now on.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
barao lost his last fight to a bath tub, he beats gagnon in impressive fashion and he's got that look in his eye again, gagnon beats him and you've got a dude who is Real Good And Cool and if it's a bad fight then gently caress that dude.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I'm still not sure how Gagnon got out of the country. I thought he was a felon or something?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I don't mind tune-up fights for established fighters, even if this one is a bit of a stretch. Barao gets a chance to add to his highlight reel, and Gagnon gets the chance of a lifetime- sometimes fighters are never the same after a loss and Gagnon gets to test that. God knows I wouldn't want to be him, but such is the life of a fighter.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Machida is a living legend who's still got it but should retire because he has nothing to prove and should get out before he ends up taking needless damage. I don't believe CB is the one to put on that damage, but everyone who puts in the work deserves their shot and he's been a pretty consistent fixture in the organization.

The more and more I think about, the less GSP should come back and bowed out at the perfect time (JDS! Though living down the ridiculous idea of a lucky punch winning the belt probably haunts him, I think killing himself chasing being a multiple time champion to set himself apart is kind of where he's heading with his legacy, but there's such a tremendous roadblock in the way... for now). The idea of retiring with the belt should be encouraged more, and vacant belts promote two new potential stars. Lineal glory largahblah is great and all, but somewhere out there these are actual real humans who have to live with real consequences. That's welter's story, this is middleweight, the elements come together a tend to write themselves and it takes all kinds.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Thank God Barao did not fight TJ again. That was probably the best thing that could have happened, though the smartest would have been not signing the agreement for the rematch. Pride is a bitch though (jk PRIDE NEVER DIE). There was no time for anything to change and such a bad matchmaking idea (looking at you JDS/Cain III). This is his first step on the journey back, though dabbling in another division would be a good future investment.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Ninja PD posted:

The idea of retiring with the belt should be encouraged more, and vacant belts promote two new potential stars. Lineal glory largahblah is great and all, but somewhere out there these are actual real humans who have to live with real consequences.

The reason fighters with the belt don't want to retire is that's when they make the big money. Hundreds of thousands (or more) in your pocket for each fight is a significant real life consequence.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
yo this schedule is hosed up, this poo poo don't start for another 40 minutes

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Yeah the correct schedule's in the picture

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Yuriy posted:

yo this schedule is hosed up, this poo poo don't start for another 40 minutes

gently caress, that's what I get for using mmajunkie

Adbot