Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
John McClain is saying that Mallett didn't just miss the flight, he actually was late to a meeting with BoB earlier that day and was sent home, then after that missed the flight

Ozu posted:

Ralph Wilson Sex Depot has a challenger...

I don't see any fingers in buttholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

sean10mm posted:

Get Jake Locker out of retirement! :haw:

Trade for Chase Daniel

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They used that pick to make a package to move up for Jaelen Strong, right?

Man, which would be better: a non-retarded QB or a WR who barely sees the field?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*somewhere Kyle Orton sips whiskey*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

They used that pick to make a package to move up for Jaelen Strong, right?

Man, which would be better: a non-retarded QB or a WR who barely sees the field?

Strong has as many TDs as the KC WR corps :colbert:

e: Whoops the Chiefs somehow have 4, I thought they only had 2

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Speaking of retarded teams, Dwayne bowe still hasn't caught a pass this year for the browns. In fact I believe he has only been active in one game. $9 guaranteed.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago
The #Giants are comfortable with where Jason Pierre-Paul is physically, sources say, after they examined his hand. Negotiating a deal now.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
If they can work out numbers & reach an incentive-laden 1-yr deal, #Giants will sign JPP today & get a roster exemption for him to practice

Very happy for JPP, hope everything works out

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

I remember him being benched for Mallett for awhile due to ineffectiveness last year and then I think he got injured right before the season ending.

Yeah, I mean, I guess I'm speaking about hindsight a bit. I figured Hoyer was in about the same tier as Fitzy.

They still could have made a play for Matt Moore or Sanchez, though.

Ozu posted:

@jeffphowe
Ryan Mallett has been released by the Texans. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills circle back after showing interest last offseason.

Touché.

But yeah, I think the perceived value of Mallet is in a very different spot now than it was last offseason. Problem characters are going to forever be linked with Rex (see the Ray Rice rumors).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

it's kind of amazing how fast Dwayne Bowe has become a total non-entity.

fsif posted:

Yeah, I mean, I guess I'm speaking about hindsight a bit. I figured Hoyer was in about the same tier as Fitzy.

They still could have made a play for Matt Moore or Sanchez, though.

Yeah, I just don't know if there's a right answer in any of those guys.

Which is probably the hardest / worst realization. There can just be no right answer. Either fall blind into a great QB or build a great supporting cast a decent QB can grow into and take to the playoffs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

See if Washington will take a 5th for RG3

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Brandon Bridge is the truth, Texans

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Bigass Moth posted:

Speaking of retarded teams, Dwayne bowe still hasn't caught a pass this year for the browns. In fact I believe he has only been active in one game. $9 guaranteed.

He's just not that good anyway. He couldn't catch for years.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'd like to draft a quarterback now please!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

I'd like to draft a quarterback now please!

What if that quarterback is Christian Hackenberg

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think I picked the most clownshoes finish to the season, jesus the AFC is bad

http://raylehnhoff.github.io/nflschedulepicker/?a=-WapWqmmlmamVppZmllqWqlqZVmqZVamWpaqmZVVpqpVpZVpqaZWqqWmWVmZWpWlqWlWZqaWlqVZVpaWVlZZaaB_

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If the Texans don't see a QB in the draft where they can pick, I would definitely shoot a mid-late round pick to Washington for RG3.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Sure, let the Houston turf finish him off.

Kalli posted:

He handpicked them because there weren't any other reasonable options. It was the wrong option, but what should he have done? Outbid the Browns and Bills for Josh McCown?

He had to choose between Fitzpatrick, Hoyer and Mallett - having experience with all three - and got rid of the best guy. Admittedly I don't know how much better Fitz would be in this offense than other other two.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I live with a Memphis fan, so apparently am required to tell y'all that Paxton Lynch is the truth.

Here's an article where he's favorably compared to somebody!: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000564236/article/jeremiah-compares-memphis-qb-paxton-lynch-to-ryan-mallett

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I wouldn't even be mad, honestly. I'd just hope we drafted well.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Intruder posted:

See if Washington will take a 5th for RG3

If Smith trades for RG3 he deserves to be used as tackling dummy for JJ Watt. You have to wait for the Redskins to cut him

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kalli posted:

If the Texans don't see a QB in the draft where they can pick, I would definitely shoot a mid-late round pick to Washington for RG3.

As if Washington is going to cut/trade their 2016 starter (after firing Gruden for a yes-man that will start who management wants them to start)

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

how rude, she can't even see the game!

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

How is Tebow not already on a flight to Texas, think of the jersey sales alone Bob

GaussianCopula posted:

If Smith trades for RG3 he deserves to be used as tackling dummy for JJ Watt. You have to wait for the Redskins to cut him

Yuuuuup, no one is trading for RG3

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Ozu posted:

Ralph Wilson Sex Depot has a challenger...

I can't imagine how awkward it is for the guys on either side of him.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Chris James 2 posted:

Texans 32nd in NFL power rankings

I asked about this in the aftermath thread but how on earth does that even happen? Consecutive TOs on 1st downs and kickoff returns by Houston?

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Intruder posted:

What if that quarterback is Christian Hackenberg

I'm almost certain "QB guru" BOB goes after Hackenberg. He just needs coaching after all.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

"Anybody got a scout QB job for Ryan Mallet?"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

C-Euro posted:

I asked about this in the aftermath thread but how on earth does that even happen? Consecutive TOs on 1st downs and kickoff returns by Houston?

Total ineffectiveness on offense

Texans drives:

1 - 3 plays, -2 yards, punt
2 - 3 plays, -3 yards, punt
3 - 3 plays, 7 yards, punt
4 - 3 plays, -3 yards punt
5 - 3 plays, 1 yard, punt
<end of 1st quarter>
6 - 2 plays, 0 yards, interception
7 - 3 plays, 3 yards, punts
<8 minutes left in 2nd quarter>

The Dolphins on the other hand went TD, punt, TD, TD, TD in the first quarter.

Nov 6, 2002

Dubious posted:

how rude, she can't even see the game!

Either way she's looking at a disappointing hog.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NC-17 posted:

Either way she's looking at a disappointing hog.

Yeah, but for once her cousins didn't disappoint!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

NC-17 posted:

Sure, let the Houston turf finish him off.

He had to choose between Fitzpatrick, Hoyer and Mallett - having experience with all three - and got rid of the best guy. Admittedly I don't know how much better Fitz would be in this offense than other other two.

Fitz lost the starting job to Mallett last season. Mallett played just well enough to look like he could be the starter before going down for the year

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
gently caress the Steelers?

gently caress... The Steelers?

gently caress the... Steelers.

gently caress the Steelers.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Intruder posted:

Fitz lost the starting job to Mallett last season. Mallett played just well enough to look like he could be the starter before going down for the year
Did he really deserve the benching in November? Without context, his stats in the 4 games leading up to it seem pretty good, 6TDs, 2INTs, 7.7 Y/A. I'd have loving killed for Geno to be that decent last year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00/gamelog/2014/

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Eifert Posting posted:

Please tell me where the rapist QB touched you.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Eifert Posting posted:

Every time I start to think I can hate the Bengals I remember ya'll are p cool.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Degenerate gambler loses assloads of money on DFS, files class action.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I know Packer fans and Patriots fans aren't exactly fans of each other, but I'm 100% behind the Packers going forth and burying the Broncos, preferably in the most humiliating way possible. If you guys make them look like a grease fire in the dumpster behind Taco Bell it will make me so happy.

Eifert Posting posted:

Also this.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Wait, we brought back T.J. Yates??

I was *this* close to changing my av and now I don't have too! Thanks, Texans!

Nov 6, 2002

Reminder Rick Smith put Savage on IR in preseason for a shoulder sprain that required 4-6 weeks of recovery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ozu posted:

Did he really deserve the benching in November? Without context, his stats in the 4 games leading up to it seem pretty good, 6TDs, 2INTs, 7.7 Y/A. I'd have loving killed for Geno to be that decent last year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00/gamelog/2014/

Check those completion percentages.

• Locked thread