Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsB7UQ8BlE0

Yes. Yes you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

No. No I did not. Stupid Tampa defense.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Only Playoff prediction machine I've found functional for this season:

http://raylehnhoff.github.io/nflschedulepicker/?a=-WapWqmmlmamVppZmllqWqlqZVmqZVamWpaqAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA_

I put in all the games through week 7, so you can now play with this to your hearts content to figure out a way to make your team not be terrible and not in the playoffs.

spoiler: the afc is bad.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Don't forget this happened last week too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsVpVfu5ax8

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Did that really need a minute long news report attached to a 3 second gif?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

effectual posted:

Don't forget this happened last week too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsVpVfu5ax8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsVpVfu5ax8&t=32s

just the part you care about

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Well, I played with the predictor and tried my best to make good predictions.

I suspect I cheated somehow, as the 9-7 Chiefs eeked into the playoffs.

The rest seems up to snuff. The Cowboys go 8-8 and sneak in on the last week as the 4th seed. The Colts win the division with 8-8.

The NFC South is real good and so is the AFC East.

http://raylehnhoff.github.io/nflschedulepicker/?a=-WapWqmmlmamVppZmllqWqlqZVmqZVamWpaqZZlVpplWpqpVmalVlWVWqWlZqmmVWmZWqqmlllqVmalmqpWVmWB_

Anyway, that's what I did this morning.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Finished the Grantland NFL podcast, and it's back and healthy, hooray.

I wish they wouldn't have their guests dither around for quite so long about nothing, but oh well, small problems.

Also quick reads is out: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2015/week-7-quick-reads

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

He sounds like Will Ferrell.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Well, I played with the predictor and tried my best to make good predictions.

I suspect I cheated somehow, as the 9-7 Chiefs eeked into the playoffs.

The rest seems up to snuff. The Cowboys go 8-8 and sneak in on the last week as the 4th seed. The Colts win the division with 8-8.

The NFC South is real good and so is the AFC East.
You have the Jets losing to the Texans and Titans and finishing their season on a 1-6 skid, so I assume you're projecting Geno takes over at some point.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I honestly assumed that nothing good could happen for the Jets and that they'd lose some key pieces for the rest of the season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

You have the Jets losing to the Texans and Titans and finishing their season on a 1-6 skid, so I assume you're projecting Geno takes over at some point.

The schedule is bad enough that they can't even go 1-6 with Geno...

Nov 6, 2002

Nov 6, 2002

Random Internet Dude posted:

One day my buddy was taking a test in one of those stadium seating, auditoriums for a huge class in Fay. Ole Ryan shows up late reeking of weed... allegedly. Everyone is silent taking their exams when Ryan Mallett blurts out....

"Anybody Got A Scantron For Ryan Mallett?"

Some student was like sure any thing for the starting quarterback for the Razorbacks and gave RM a scantron which is an answer sheet for multiple choice tests and necessary to have in college. So Ryan gets the scantron and everybody calms down from the sudden Ryan Mallett sighting. The Ryan blurts out...

"Anybody Got a Pencil For Ryan Mallett?"

He goes, on talking in third person,

"I knows somebody gots to have a #2 Pencil for Ryan Mallett!"

Someone eventually gave him a pencil, and the rest is history.

God I want Ryan Mallett to be cut so bad.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I am really, really salty about the Patriots remaining schedule. They've already been kissed into the #1 seed. AFC problems.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
What if Ryan Mallett was black

Nov 6, 2002

New England wouldn't have drafted him :haw:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

NC-17 posted:

New England wouldn't have drafted him :haw:

But you really have to wonder how he survived so long in New England.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well the Pats were capable of handling a guy who apparently was doing PCP, so maybe a little meth addict was easy in comparison.

Nov 6, 2002

What is a Zac Dysert?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nystral posted:

No. No I did not. Stupid Tampa defense.

It's fitting that the "Tampa 2" should be birthed and die in the city of it's namesake.

Nov 6, 2002

I wish Hard Knocks did a couple of follow up episodes after a month or two. That would be a thing of beauty to see right now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

NC-17 posted:

God I want Ryan Mallett to be cut so bad.

That owns a lot though

It's almost as good as "Who wants to sex Mutombo?"

I want the Texans to cut Mallett, sign Tebow, and name him the starter

Eifert Posting posted:

I am really, really salty about the Patriots remaining schedule. They've already been kissed into the #1 seed. AFC problems.

The Patriots getting to play the AFC South is really unfair to the rest of the AFC, also they got to beat up the Colts while they're still dysfunctional (who knows if they ever stop being dysfunctional this season though)

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

The Patriots' remaining schedule isn't really all that easy. It's certainly more difficult than the Bengals'.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ozu posted:

The Titans defense is good enough to keep the game really close. If the offense clicks that day its not unreasonable to think they can win

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

"Anybody Got a Pencil For Ryan Mallett?"

Thread title change please

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They also got to play the Cowboys without Romo and Dez and the Steelers without Bell (though with Roethlisberger).

They'll still lose 2-4 games though. Every team has bad games, and this team is not as good as the 2007 squad even if Brady is arguably playing better.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

NC-17 posted:

What is a Zac Dysert?
Drafted by the Broncos in...2013? Anyways, he got cut in the preseason and the Bears claimed him off waivers before eventually cutting him too. Looks like he's with Houston now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

From what they've been saying locally, even if Mallett is cut Dysert isn't the backup. Right now it'd be Shane Lechler :lol:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

From what they've been saying locally, even if Mallett is cut Dysert isn't the backup. Right now it'd be Shane Lechler :lol:

Needs to happen asap

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm sure there are some FA QBs who they could plug in.

If not, the Chiefs will trade the Texans Chase Daniel for a 2nd.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
:eng101: Patriots strength of schedule has been fractionally harder than average up to this point, for what it's worth.

The problem is that (even more than usual!) the league is top heavy.

Intruder posted:

LOLWUT :stare:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Are Grigson and Pagano fired yet? No? :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So is Bill O'Brien the last Belichick assistant who'll be given a chance at HC? Surely there's been enough failure by now that teams have learned better

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Intruder posted:

So is Bill O'Brien the last Belichick assistant who'll be given a chance at HC? Surely there's been enough failure by now that teams have learned better

I can all but guarantee Josh McDaniels will get another go and Matt Patricia will get a shot within the next five years.

Nov 6, 2002

It is only a matter of time until McDaniels rises again.

Intruder posted:

I was really hoping for a new slogan like "It's Dysert Time Kids!"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
gently caress Josh McDaniels

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Can we talk about the fact that Goodell is still persuing the ballghazi appeal, and it's possible for Brady to be suspended for the playoffs?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I thought the date for the hearing was after the Superbowl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Did we see this? It's LaCanfora and he's always wrong but I still want to lol.

Steelers OC Todd Haley a strong candidate for Dolphins' opening
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25352974/steelers-oc-todd-haley-a-strong-candidate-for-dolphins-opening

• Locked thread