Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
I don't see how letting JFF stay in the pocket is a good thing, he's like 4 foot tall, he HAS to scramble to see downfield! :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

JPrime posted:

I don't see how letting JFF stay in the pocket is a good thing, he's like 4 foot tall, he HAS to scramble to see downfield! :psyduck:

Hearing that quote by Pettine was the reveal magnifico for me as far as him being a head coach. I'm sure he's a great defensive coordinator.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Codependent Poster posted:

It's kinda funny to see the Bengals posters slowly morphing into Seahawks posters territory.

You mean it's kinda funny watching TFF turn on any fans of any team that is successful regardless of how long-suffering the franchise has actually been.

In all honesty, poo poo like this is really tiresome. The Seahawks are cool. The Bengals are cool. A tough pill to swallow, and yet, there, immovable, unstoppable.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I mean it's not like having an offense based on bootlegs and a run game run off a zone blocking scheme is something new or fancy. it's only been successful for the broncos, the washington team, the texans, and the ravens. Basically anywhere Kubiak or a Shanahan goes

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

It's kinda funny to see the Bengals posters slowly morphing into Seahawks posters territory.

:smugdog:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Probably Magic posted:

You mean it's kinda funny watching TFF turn on any fans of any team that is successful regardless of how long-suffering the franchise has actually been.

In all honesty, poo poo like this is really tiresome. The Seahawks are cool. The Bengals are cool. A tough pill to swallow, and yet, there, immovable, unstoppable.

Yes those plucky seahawks that had been long suffering since their Superbowl run back in the ancient times of 2005. Or those darn underdog Bengals on their way to their 5th playoff berth in a row.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Probably Magic posted:

Russell Wilson is a pseudoscience hack shill, Seahawks fans are insufferable and Pete Carroll...yeah

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Bengals posters have a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong

loooooooooooooooooong

loooooooooooooooooooooooooong

way to go to become Seahawks posters.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Spoeank posted:

loooooooooooooooooong

Not really, they're skipping the years of tentative smugness won through playoff victories and going straight into dunk attempts while somehow "forgetting" the loss to TJ Yates

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Flikken posted:

Yes those plucky seahawks that had been long suffering since their Superbowl run back in the ancient times of 2005. Or those darn underdog Bengals on their way to their 5th playoff berth in a row.

You guys won a playoff game in '94.

Well... You know what I mean. The funny thing is my posting hasn't changed at all since the 2009-2010 offseason when I started here. Don't believe me read archives. I've long since lost track of whether my optimism is sarcastic, parody or genuine.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I'm guessing you're somehow "forgetting" the steelers humiliating loss to the Bengals last Sunday? Or how we killed ur best player on a clean hit.....

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 7, 2015

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I mean, what is the "correct" thing for Bengals fans to do? The two worst moments I've had as a fan were the 05 playoff loss and the 13 playoff loss. This season will either be my best memory as a Bengals fan or the worst. I watched every game in 2002, as a kid I watched nearly every game of the 90s. That sucks but it doesn't hurt like being disappointed by a genuinely good team failing.

If you're going to sit there and tell me that I'm somehow not enjoying the ride properly you can go gently caress yourself.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Don't let the haters get to you. Or maybe do, because Andy Dalton did and look what he became...

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

Hearing that quote by Pettine was the reveal magnifico for me as far as him being a head coach. I'm sure he's a great defensive coordinator.

I was just kind of stunned hearing it. I knew right there that the game was lost. I wasn't even mad, I was just stupefied.

In regards to Manziel? He needs weapons and he needs an offensive coordinator/head coach that will be able to let the man run an offense that he wants to run.

I'd have to love see how the guy would look like if this GM didn't have it's head up his own rear end and actually drafted some drat playmakers.

My Cincy buddy was drooling at the idea of Manziel with the Bengals recieving corp fwiw.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I, for one, thank you for posting that. I wanted Justin Gilbert really badly in that draft, and it's good to see the horror of just how wrong I was.
I wanted him so badly. An amazing corner and KR/PR? Sign me up!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

They're the same as always, except posting more enthusiastically as their team is better. Same as the Seahawks fans, actually. It's also similar to every fanbase ever when their team gets good.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Atticus Finch posted:

I wanted him so badly. An amazing corner and KR/PR? Sign me up!

Me too. I was also clamoring for Morris Clairborne.

I am bad at picking DBs.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Anaranjado posted:

I'm guessing you're somehow "forgetting" the steelers humiliating loss to the Bengals last Sunday? Or how we killed ur best player on a clean hit.....

lmao Seahawks.txt

In which a 6 point loss is "humiliating" and "killed ur best player" is something people actually say outside of a MOBA

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Live it up, Bengals fans, the smug is delicious. Soon you might even get your own smug emote! :hawksin:

Just don't go to far, lest people become happy when the Patriots win another Super Bowl over you.

The Patriots.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

All fans of successful, Super Bowl bound teams suck and I want to see every team fail

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

enjoy your football team being good IMO.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

if I can't enjoy football I don't see why anyone else should

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ostentatious posted:

All fans of successful, Super Bowl bound teams suck and I want to see every team fail

Why would you want to see the Raiders fail?

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Flikken posted:

Metathesiophobia

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

Trust me, the first Bengals loss this season (nobody will go undefeated this year) will cause all of our pessimism to come rushing back. The loss will shine light on some sort of glaring weakness (real or perceived) and it will give us premonitions of what will go wrong in the playoffs. That's just what happens as a Bengals fan.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'll get excited if the panthers beat green bay tomorrow.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

loooooooooooooooooong

For real. I can't think of one Bengailure who contributes as much to TFF as Lord Waffle Beard or AAC, or even my own humble self. Get on our posting level, cats.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

You won 31-10 and you are still salty about that?

You got a 7-day probate for being yourself.

gently caress every other subforum.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I choose to remain pumped yet humble. May all your football teams be healthy and enjoy the sport of kings. And lose to the Bengals. Namaste.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Atticus Finch posted:

I choose to remain pumped yet humble. May all your football teams be healthy and enjoy the sport of kings. And lose to the Bengals. Namaste.

Sweep the Steelers and I'm okay with it. They're 0-2 in the division right now and if the Browns, Bengals, and Ravens finally can just come together we can make something really special happen.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Atticus Finch posted:

I choose to remain pumped yet humble. May all your football teams be healthy and enjoy the sport of kings.

Hard to stay healthy when you just had to go up against Vontaze Dirtyhit and the Sinsinaughty Bludgeons. :smugbird:

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Sinsinaughty Bludgeons

I smell a new username

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Wincinnati goin' to the Superbowl

(and losing to the Packers)

e: I'd be partial to a Bengals-Panthers All-Feline superbowl

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Atticus Finch posted:

It's gonna be awesome when Cam and Andy Dalton are playing for a Super Bowl while Andrew Luck and RGIII are irrelevant

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

It's gonna be awesome when Cam and Andy Dalton are playing for a Super Bowl while Andrew Luck and RGIII are irrelevant

forget that, we all know what we want to see: Super Bowl Winner Ted Ginn

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Flikken posted:

You must have forgotten how bad Raiders fans can be. I understand, it's been a while

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I don't have any interest in who makes the Big Game since it won't be my team but I need it to not be New England or Denver so let's all work towards that goal. Go Bengals and then Go Cardinals and Panthers but not in that order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
i would like for there to be a bengals and panthers super bowl

two cool teams

which is the best cat?

is andy dalton and / or cam newton elite?

these are questions that need answers imo

• Locked thread