Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Eddie Murphy is (despite obvious amounts of talent) overrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Since I was looking for something, here's the betting odds to win the Superbowl from the day after the Superbowl:

Seahawks: 5-1
Patriots: 6-1
Packers: 6-1

Cowboys: 10-1
Colts: 12-1
Broncos: 12-1

49ers: 18-1
Eagles: 20-1
Steelers: 20-1
Lions: 22-1
Bengals: 25-1
Saints: 25-1

Cardinals: 30-1
Chiefs: 30-1
Ravens: 30-1

Chargers: 40-1
Giants: 40-1
Panthers: 40-1

Bears: 50-1
Dolphins: 50-1
Falcons: 50-1
Texans: 50-1

Bills: 60-1
Rams: 60-1
Vikings: 60-1
Browns: 75-1

Jets: 100-1
Raiders: 100-1
Washington: 100-1
Buccaneers: 150-1
Jaguars: 150-1
Titans: 250-1

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Eddie Murphy single-handedly saved Saturday Night Live after the original cast left.

Whether that's a good thing or not is up to you to decide.

EDIT: That Panthers 40-1 is looking hella great right now.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Brett Goode (Packers LS) out for season with torn ACL, tore ACL in first quarter and finished game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
With noted KKK Member Melvin Gordon on IR, the Chargers have signed an RB named Dreamius Smith.

I hope he's dreamy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

With noted KKK Member Melvin Gordon on IR

What an odd insult.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
This article about Domestic Violence after Ray Rice sort of bothers me. The first part about friends, former teammates, teammate parents, and everyone else pressuring her to keep quiet is of course horrible, but I'm not sure how I feel about the NFL part. I understand why the league does this now, but something about the league repeatedly contacting a victim of domestic violence to find out what happens does not sit right with me. I guess there is no way to win though, because if they did not do it they would be accused (not unreasonably by the way) of not caring about the issue. Still, I have a feeling if IBM had an exec assault their partner and then the company contacted the victim for months to find out what happened it would not sit well with the public. Hell, I'd call it harassment personally. The second paragraph also bothers me. Again, I understand why the NFL believes (again, not unreasonably) they should do this, but if IBM decided "drat the police, we are gonna keep investigating this" it would probably bother people.

Then there is the third paragraph, where they are interfering with police investigations, which bothers me the most. Why is a corporation (excuse me, non profit) allowed to interview police involved in an ongoing criminal case? Maybe this is common, I'm not a cop or a lawyer, but it sure does not sound like something that should happen. Can IBM interview first responders in a case like this? Does anyone know? The second paragraph states they do this at the conclusion of the criminal investigation, but the third paragraph makes it sound like this is not always true.

The NFL believes they are entitled to this information? In what world is an employer entitled to interview the police who responded to a private incident between their employee and a domestic partner? Entitled is a strong word. It implies the police should not even have an option to deny the interview. I would assume this is not normally allowed, but if it is then please correct me.

edit
per Robert Klemko
@RobertKlemko Did any of the victims feel like the NFL was harassing them? Leslie states they kept contacting her repeatidly, for months?
Robert Klemko ‏@RobertKlemko 4m4 minutes ago
@ribsauce she didn't feel like they were harassing her. She never told them no, she flat-out wouldn't talk.

I asked him a couple more questions and he said none of the victims felt harassed by the NFL and the league handles this very professionally and is sensitive to the victim now. Also, shoutout to Robert Klemko for answering my dumb questions so fast.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/12/22/nfl-domestic-violence-policy-after-ray-rice?xid=si_social

quote:

Leslie says she was first contacted by the NFL several days after James’s arrest, but she only agreed to discuss the incident months later, after repeated inquiries by league representatives via letter, email and phone. This type of outreach was uncharted territory for the NFL, which had previously relied on the courts to provide direction for its own punishment of offenders. Rice, who entered pre-trial intervention rather than go to court on a charge of aggravated assault, was suspended for two games by the NFL after a discipline hearing overseen by Goodell. When video of the assault in the elevator became public months later, Goodell made the suspension indefinite, a ruling that was overturned by a judge on appeal. The haphazard manner in which the Rice case played out, with investigations and discipline being undertaken by NFL administrators with little experience in domestic violence, made it clear that the league needed to professionalize how it handled this issue.

According to a new NFL policy adopted last winter, Friel’s team is to conduct a thorough investigation into any allegations at the conclusion of the legal process, whether a case is brought against a player or not. “The league decided they are not solely going to rely on the court’s outcomes,” Friel says. “Now they’ve decided since it is their own policy, to do their own investigation. Once they determined to do that, they needed the in-house resource of people experienced in doing investigations.”

Friel’s team often hires outside consultants who are tasked with obtaining interviews with alleged victims, whether they are cooperating witnesses in a criminal investigation or otherwise. One goal is to obtain text messages and other communications that the league might find helpful in reaching a resolution independent of the criminal justice system. On occasion the consultants have found themselves wrestling with local law enforcement agencies for access to sealed documents or interviews with first responders. They then take the sum of the information gathered and make a recommendation to Goodell on player discipline.

We will push these things to the extent of the law to get what we think we’re entitled to, in order to make sure the investigation is as thorough as possible,” says Friel. “This policy is meant to be as fair as possible and not driven by any philosophical point of view. Do we have enough evidence to say the policy was violated, or do we not?”

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 23, 2015

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Brett Goode (Packers LS) out for season with torn ACL, tore ACL in first quarter and finished game.

Do Long Snappers really need ACLs? I legit don't know if they're part of the X's and O's of coverage after snapping or not.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

three posted:

Do Long Snappers really need ACLs? I legit don't know if they're part of the X's and O's of coverage after snapping or not.

Yeah they have coverage responsibilities. Blocking too although that matters less now that you're not allowed to line up directly on the LS.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Clark Harris (Bengals LS) made an ST tackle this week. He'll occasionally down a ball within the 20, too.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah they have coverage responsibilities. Blocking too although that matters less now that you're not allowed to line up directly on the LS.

Back when David Binn was the Chargers LS, he was dating Pamela Anderson and was the emergency QB.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Carl Davis from Baltimore had the rookie dinner experience

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Apparently Brees has a torn plantar fascia, but has said he still intends to play the final two games. Good luck with that buddy, that would be heroic (silly).

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ribsauce posted:

Of course Eddie Murphy owns. But if one of my friends would have showed up in that outfit 7 years ago I'd still be killing them over it.

When exactly do you think Delirious was released

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/679387779667726338

V: :lol:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Android Bicyclist posted:

N: Saints CB Brandon Browner breaks NFL record for most penalties in a season during last night's loss to the Lions.

V: Calvin Johnson had only 1 catch for 19 yards that game. Don't know why they didn't try matching Megatron up against Browner, unless they were worried Browner would try some shady poo poo to injure Johnson.

Wide receivers don't get to decide which db covers them.

Also, Drew Brees is broken. Burn down everything.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

I officially want an Arizona/Carolina NFCCG now

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MrSargent posted:

Apparently Brees has a torn plantar fascia, but has said he still intends to play the final two games. Good luck with that buddy, that would be heroic (silly).

Agreed. Rest and get better Drew. We know you're an ironman.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
"suggested 20% gratuity." how about no you loving thieves. also i'm super bummed out because i want to play a college football game and i can't because the ncaa is a bunch of girly headed fucks trying to keep their scam alive.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Musgrave on 24 at WR: Been in discussions since we started the ssn. We may have something up our sleeve. It might be the right time to do it

:getin: Full chaos for Woodsons last shift. Rumors of giving him some returns too.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

Ishmaa'ily Kitchen
Sounds like the name of an Ethiopian restaurant

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

GaussianCopula posted:

If this was RG3 the trademark would have been filled 2 month ago...

actually, there would be no trademark because RG3 is a 3rd string QB that plays safety on the scout team.

The trademark was filed 2 months ago.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

What % of his yearly take home is this?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Man I wish I was the waiter for this table

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
$102 Ribeye? What the hell, that must be some good ribeye.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Volkerball posted:

"suggested 20% gratuity." how about no you loving thieves.

So long as it's all going to the servers and staff then great, a nice holiday bonus for jobs that need them. Also imagine how crazy it must be to serve a team of NFL players for several hours.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

30 bux roasted chicken

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

30 bux roasted chicken

Ahem. NATURUAL chicken.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If you ain't tipping 20% normally you poor.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

No.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Can't wait for the Reservoir Dogs tipping scene to be copy pasted here

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If you can't afford to tip 15-20% then don't go out to eat and drink

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Just no to all of this.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Making the poorest member of your team (whether it's a pro football team or at your office job) pay for stuff is legit messed up

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Top Hats Monthly posted:

$102 Ribeye? What the hell, that must be some good ribeye.

If it makes you feel better, I think it's two at ~50 bucks a pop.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I'm of course referring to in general and not that gargantuan tab

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it's not my problem that restaurants don't pay their employees enough to survive without a 20% tip if you don't like it get a better job #realitycheck #problemwithamericathesedays #trump2016 #phinsupshit

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Ehud posted:

it's not my problem that restaurants don't pay their employees enough to survive without a 20% tip if you don't like it get a better job #realitycheck #problemwithamericathesedays #trump2016 #phinsupshit

Waiting for the $15 minimum wage to come to fruition in Seattle so I can stop tipping 20%

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

yeah

Adun posted:

Making the poorest member of your team (whether it's a pro football team or at your office job) pay for stuff is legit messed up
yeah

• Locked thread