Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Week 16 marks a return to a better time.

One with O'Dell Beckham Jr sideline by his own hubris, and Peyton Manning reveling in his while hopefully losing to the AJ McCarron Bengals.

Go Panthers
Go Chiefs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Odell files an appeal for his suspension. Dumb.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Charles Woodson is cool, my mom is going to be real sad when she hears about his retirement.

Lions have two more meaningless games and I'm torn between wanting them to build momentum going into a new FO regime, or Lions it up and seal Caldwell's fate.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You know when measuring Lions seasons, I have to put this one in the good column. I mean the curve is a monster but beating Green Bay in Green Bay should be an automatic rehire for the head coach. You came one dumb play from sweeping them. Oh how soon you forget getting beat 50 to 3 for decades.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Plus we got the best transition to Cadwell face. I mean he did it while mid celebrating. Also may hate the goddamn Raiders in all my blood, but Charles Woodson is a cool dude. I feel indifferent about the next game. Not like my team can do any better in the draft position with Jed Fuckface Baby Bitch York as the president.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Dec 22, 2015

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
So which poor NFC East team is Seattle going to demolish in the wild card round?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

You know when measuring Lions seasons, I have to put this one in the good column. I mean the curve is a monster but beating Green Bay in Green Bay should be an automatic rehire for the head coach. You came one dumb play from sweeping them. Oh how soon you forget getting beat 50 to 3 for decades.

:what:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Woodson is awesome, glad to see he's going out on his own terms. The Raiders are going to be a great team in a very short time, kinda sad he won't be a part of that, dude could play until he's 40+ with his skills.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Elephanthead posted:

I don't know what I'd call this season, but a big part of Caldwell being gone after this season is the fact that we have to hire a new team president and GM, who will probably want their own guy. Plus Caldwell has shown himself capable of some absolutely boneheaded decisions in games, even in wins. What was the story of him trying to call a 4th timeout in the first half last night?

E: Also not every GB loss has been a shellacking, they came awfully close in 2011 which I remember mostly as the game where Titus Young started going insane :(

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 22, 2015

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

This is a good look for the NFL

corsair
Jan 10, 2001

Petite Dinklage posted:

Yeah, that will have no repurcussions.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Brees in walking boot, MRI coming.

Might have been his last game as a Saint.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

So which poor NFC East team is Seattle going to demolish in the wild card round?
good to see you posting again now that the hawks are once again in contention

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Petite Dinklage posted:

Concussion comes out in a few days, too

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Brannock posted:

Concussion comes out in a few days, too

It's already on the internet :ssh:

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

No Butt Stuff posted:

Tell the truth.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kibner posted:

Odell files an appeal for his suspension. Dumb.

Why is it dumb? Players will literally appeal any suspension. Aaron Hernandez would appeal his suspension if he were a free man

Petite Dinklage posted:

lol

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

No Butt Stuff posted:

Well duh, League of Denial has been on Netflix out for years.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

quote:

@fbgchase
Better year?

QB1: 58.7 cmp%, 7.7 Y/A, 3402 pyd, 33/10 TD/INT, 119/580/7 rush
QB2: 67.9 cmp%, 8.6 Y/A, 4053 pyd, 39/6 TD/INT, 48/189/2 rush
QB1 is obviously Cam.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm guessing QB2 is Brady?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cam's stats with Ted Ginn as his #1 wideout are really quite amazing

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

N: Tyrod Taylor bought all his offensive linemen 65 inch TVs for christmas

V: Dawww, T-mobile cares.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
That's quite generous considering he is making dirt this year and next, relatively speaking.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Boosh! posted:

That's quite generous considering he is making dirt this year and next, relatively speaking.

Yeah, from a % of total salary perspective this is much more impressive than AP getting the O-line snowmobiles or some poo poo.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I'm guessing QB2 is Brady?
QB2 is the collective NFL against the Saints defense.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ozu posted:

loving lol

I'm glad my office is mostly empty for the holiday because I just got some funny looks from the few people who are here

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ozu posted:

Playing the Saints turns every QB into Tom Brady! :laugh:

For reference, the numbers are eerily really close:

code:
Year     Age  Tm Pos No.   G  GS    QBrec  Cmp  Att Cmp%   Yds  TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A  Y/C   Y/G  Rate  
2015      38 NWE  QB  12  14  14   12-2-0  368  572 64.3  4405  35 6.1   6  1.0  76 7.7  8.5 12.0 314.6 103.8     

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
N: Saints CB Brandon Browner breaks NFL record for most penalties in a season during last night's loss to the Lions.

V: Calvin Johnson had only 1 catch for 19 yards that game. Don't know why they didn't try matching Megatron up against Browner, unless they were worried Browner would try some shady poo poo to injure Johnson.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

Yeah, from a % of total salary perspective this is much more impressive than AP getting the O-line snowmobiles or some poo poo.
Dude's genuinely happy to have been given a shot this season and wants to reward the people that gave him time to showcase his stuff without being sacked into oblivion (well, sometimes...). If he wants the Offensive team to rally behind him and really work under him next season, this seems like a good way to do it.

Nice timing too, I bet there are a lot of glum players in that locker room at the moment and even if our coaching front is fracturing, at least the players can be happy about their QB.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

LightReaper posted:

N: Tyrod Taylor bought all his offensive linemen 65 inch TVs for christmas

V: Dawww, T-mobile cares.

Wow, freaking politic-ing for a job next year. Pathetic. Draft a QB in every round.

(For real, though, there's a significant segment of the Bills fan base that thinks Tyrod is unclutch and that we need to move on.)

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

sean10mm posted:

Playing the Saints turns every QB into Tom Brady! :laugh:

For reference, the numbers are eerily really close:

Still not anywhere near his receiving numbers though.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Who is Tyrod's agent? Those TV were probably free.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

fsif posted:

Wow, freaking politic-ing for a job next year. Pathetic. Draft a QB in every round.

(For real, though, there's a significant segment of the Bills fan base that thinks Tyrod is unclutch and that we need to move on.)
The impression I get from the Bills fan base is that they're all sensationalist idiots, I get that it's been 16 years since a playoff run but calling out to change the only part of the team that's consistently performed just seems insane.

By all means, pick up a QB in the draft if it's the BPA but I would hope we'd focus elsewhere.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

As we've seen by all the drunken antics, Bills fans like to have fun at the games. Unfortunately actually watching the Bills play football makes it less fun so they don't see how well Taylor is doing

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
N: Paul Soliai leads the Falcons in a haka

(Sorry for the facebook link, couldn't find the poo poo anywhere else... it's 360, though? ) https://www.facebook.com/atlantafalcons/videos/10153417931782842/

V: That is rad as gently caress, more rugby Samoan poo poo in American football, tia.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Chilichimp posted:

N: Paul Soliai leads the Falcons in a haka

(Sorry for the facebook link, couldn't find the poo poo anywhere else... it's 360, though? ) https://www.facebook.com/atlantafalcons/videos/10153417931782842/

V: That is rad as gently caress, more rugby Samoan poo poo in American football, tia.

Samoans do the Siva Tau, not the Haka, which is from New Zealand :eng101:

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Woodson's stats after he turned 30 are ridiculous. A fine wine indeed. Not many player's get to go out on top like this, he's getting the Pro Bowl nod for sure this year.

He needs to be on the sidelines in some capacity when Oakland eventually makes the playoffs...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

loving lol

I'm glad my office is mostly empty for the holiday because I just got some funny looks from the few people who are here

Aren't you a full-time dad?:confused:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well my wife is a full time mom so that'd be hard to make work :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

N: In a case involving an Asian-American band satirically named "the Slants," the Federal Circuit just struck down the disparagement clause in the laws regulating trademarks as unconstitutional regulation of speech, available in a 100+ page PDF here. This means that Washington will win their appeal and get their trademark restored. They filed an amicus brief on the case hoping for this result.

V: gently caress Dan Snyder anyway.

• Locked thread